main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Interest Measurement Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sawn_Kassal, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    The Fall of the Ryujin

[​IMG]

A game of Dragons, Fantasy, Questing and Epic Battle. Full OP here.

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Anyone else interested in a once a week game? I’ll post more soon, but thought I would feel out interest

3. T4M1-7

T4M1-7 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 30, 2022
    @Mitth_Fisto yes I fancy something with a brisk pace. Will it be a Stars Wars game?

greyjedi125 and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Kind of, I’ll try and get something posted tonight. It’ll be a…well you’ll see. ;)

5. noiamyourFADAH

noiamyourFADAH Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 30, 2023
    Was wondering if anyone would be interested in a Gundam RP. Also an RP about Rey (bruh) after Episode IX

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Another Twilight

Three Jedi Masters were dead.

One, wielding a blade of purple, raged war against the last Dark Lord of the Sith.

A boot flicked out, and a crimson lightsaber tumbled out of the window, tumbling stories into the Coruscant depths.

The Shadow flicked his yellow eyes to the hallway, to where he had envisioned Anakin Skywalker stepping into his office and confronting Mace Windu. Where the Shadow would unveil the coup attempt by the Jedi; where he would force the Chosen One to choose his wife over the Jedi - to choose the Shadow.

But Anakin wasn’t there.

Alarm filled the Shadow, and he reached for his backup lightsaber, a second, concealing his true mastery of the dark side -

And Mace Windu stabbed him through the heart.

Palpatine gaped, and cast out his senses, sought his apprentice-to-be, found him in the Jedi Council Chambers, waiting -

Waiting for -

His promotion to Mastery.

In a twist, Anakin had decided that he could find a way to save Padme from the Jedi Archives, and he now knew that his Final Trial had been the unmasking of the Sith Lord, and resisting the temptations of the old man who had manipulated him since he came to the galactic capital.

Palpatine looked at Mace, who grimly met his gaze as the man who had been the Shadow gasped, guttural, and he palmed his comlink -

“Vice Chancellor -“ he started, intending to order Mas Amedda to enact Order 66 anyway, to enact vengeance and murder as many Jedi as possible, to plunge the Clone Wars into chaos -

A purple slash separated his hand from the comlink -

Mace Windu stood, and Palpatine realised, absently, he’d named his co-conspirator, that Mas wouldn’t get the chance to call the order, that Mace Windu would make sure -

That the Jedi would move on the Senate, and hand over provisional rule to Bail Organa, to Mon Mothma, to the other Senators of the Petition of 2000 who had firmly signified their opposition to Palpatine not days before -

Palpatine finally died, a shuddering breath leaving him as a thousand years of Sith planning ended in ruin…

But there were always two, and in his other hand he sent an instruction to his Hands, to those elements of the Sith Empire he had ready to hunt down the Jedi who inevitably survived Order 66 -

He still had his Contingency.

What comes next?

7. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    That’s what I’m here for!

8. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Me too!

9. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Just an idea I've had kicking around my head for a while.
    Paladin Investigations: In Cold Iron
    In the past, darker times, many were superstitious. Throwing salt over the shoulder, fearing the number 13, black cats, and middle-aged single women, all preposterous beliefs from ignorant people right? Well, not so much in fact, while yes not all of it was correct, enough was. You see, the supernatural exists, the superstitions of the past were necessary defenses against beings not from our realm. In the past the witchfinders, and exorcists did a very real job, even if most were charlatans or overly righteous zealots. The true monster hunters protected humanity from the other side, the fae folk, the demons, the undead, and all manner of strange creatures. So effective were these hunters that they nearly drove the supernatural to extinction.

The other side was not blameless either they unleashed plages, stole children, and turned humans into unnatural things.

It was a bloody war that lasted centuries. Until the Fae Lords sued for peace, the Hunters were weary at first but they were just as tired. A treaty was stuck, the fae would be allowed to pass through the veil so long as they did not cause too much trouble, the supernatural could be allowed to mingle with the humans so long as they did not reveal themselves. In return the Humans wouldn't hunt monsters anymore, unless approved by the Fae Lords.

In the time since an "enlightenment" happened and all the fears of Fairies, and spirits and Vampires faded into legends, into stories told to entertain. But they are very real, but the humans and fae work tirelessly to keep the two separated for fear of another bloody war.

That brings us to today, where the majority of humans live in blissful ignorance of the other side, even joke about it. But for a few, the stories are true, and it's their job to keep the peace. Many work for the Fae Lords or various world governments, an even smaller set are independent. They handle issues discreetly, without involving the Magic Cops or the Fae Lords. They are the people many supernaturals turn to for help when they are wronged, or humans turn to when the normal cops can't help.

However when the child of a Fae Lord found shot with cold iron bullets in the Parklands of Adelaide, both the Fae Lords and the Australian Bureau of Esoterica (after failing to work together) turn to one of these independent groups.

They turn to Paladin, a local Adelaide agency. Paladin, a name taken from the righteous defenders of the faith, are a ragtag collection of Fae, undead, mages, and humans that have come together to keep a lid on things in the South Australian capital. Most of the time they're handling missing children, or petty disputes between the supernaturals. Now they've been thrust into a brewing interdimensional incident.

Will they find the killer before the next mortal-supernatural war breaks out, and who would even want to start such a conflict?

Hopefully our investigators can get to the bottom of it.

Welcome to Paladin Investigations.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  10. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Funnily enough, I can relate to this one and colour me very interested! :D

11. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Is there any interest for a D&D campaign?
    Possibly Curse of Strahd, but adapted for our online posting format.

Edit to add any stat use would be minimal, probably just some sort of mechanism to control spell use.

Last edited: May 23, 2023
  12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey everyone!

I wanted to reach out and see if there would be any interest in a modern slice-of-life game based around a coffee shop/restaurant — or, I was even toying with the idea of setting it during the height of the wild west. Instead of a coffee shop, it would be about a saloon and the patrons that inhabit it.

It would be more of a sandbox game, so it won't follow the traditional update schedule. As the GM, I will post 'event' posts to keep the plot moving, but otherwise, I will be participating as a character alongside everyone else. However, if someone would be interested in running a specific plot for their character, I am more than happy to accommodate that as well. Players will also be free to come and go as they please (just like customers). If you're only able to participate for a short time, that's perfectly fine! On the other hand, you're more than welcome to play as a regular or an employee and stick around for the duration.

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Coffee?

Did someone say...

COFFEE?

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    See? It's something we can all relate to! :D

Plus, it'll also build on the relationships between characters – their stories and the drama that ensues.

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
  16. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Me too! Count me in.:cool:

Sinrebirth and HanSolo29 like this.
  17. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Official announcement! Recruiting is underway for MORE TALES OF THE BLACK SHEEP, a continuation of the Squadron game created by @Bardan_Jusik and brilliantly continued by @Vehn.

If you like flying in X-wings and blowing up TIE fighters, or undertaking dangerous secret missions against the Empire, this is the game for you! A little bit Andor, a lot Rogue Squadron, takes place between Hoth and Endor. We are recruiting now, game begins September 16th. Six years running! Meet us in the Watering Hole.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
  18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    ME ME ME ME.

Oh wait I already play.

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Not just X-wings, if you think you're good enough, you can even pilot an A-wing. But be warned, qualifying for that is pretty stringent. :cool:

Mistress_Renata and Vehn like this.
  20. Trooper Harris

Trooper Harris Jedi Padawan

Sep 11, 2019
    I was just wondering whtether there would be interest for an EU story with Mara Jade before meeting Kaarde and after fleeing the Empire.

21. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    How many DC fans are still around? I have been pondering about THE GOTHAM CHRONICLES, which would be a bit the Godfather take on Batman‘s home city. Following it‘s history by covering years as characters progress (and partially reenacting big events known to happen. With a young cast (including a young Batman) who age an develop over time … a bit more the Nolan take than the Marvel/Snyderverse one … just wondering. Would there be interest?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2023
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Totally! [face_batting] :D

The Jedi in the Pumas likes this.
  23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey, Fins!

I just wanted to say that I'm very intrigued by this concept. I love the idea of following a set of characters over an extended period of time and watching how they develop and change. Call me interested!

ShinSkywalker and Sinrebirth like this.
  24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
  25. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Same with me!