main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond the Saga "intersecting Paths" OCs & ECs, short story.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 15, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Disclamatory Note: Borrowing ECs and original character with permission. 2 of the originals are mine. ;)

Appreciative note: Thanks ever so to the amazing @Kurisan and @TheAdmiral for their riveting RPGs who've enabled me to create 2 fascinating characters, Lynnori Fardreamer & T'Rani Beillane (both from the Clone Wars era). Maya Qwan, (Kurisan's OC) has also lent an air of adventure to the RPG.

In this short story, these characters converge on Lothal post-Endor, joined by Luke, Ahsoka, etc. ;)

~~!

Prologue

Luke was buoyed by the victory at Endor and the discovery that Leia was his sister. It was a joy to feel connected in such a fundamental way to one he'd always felt an inexplicable connection to. It infused him with a sense of hope to realize that in a time when he'd lost so much, he'd also gained so much, as well. A sense of purpose, a circle of loyal cherished friends.

He didn't know where to begin though when it came to the daunting task of rebuilding the Jedi Order. In doing research in what archives survived, Luke discovered there were many candidates for ancient Jedi temples: Lothal, Ach-To, Ossus, and Tython. These were potential sources of information and hopefully guidance found perhaps in local legends, which oftentimes held more than a little basis in fact.

He decided to head to Lothal and see what he could unearth there.

+++

TBC ...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  2. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    "Unearth", he says? IIRC, isn't the Jedi Temple on Lothal hidden underground?

clone commander bossk likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Cowgirl Jedi 1711 [face_laugh] Play on words totally unintentional and separating fact from fiction and the advisability of situating a Jedi temple there will be one of the things Luke attempts to decide. Those who eventually make their way there will be instrumental in the entire process.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh, what a fantastic, intriguing beginning. I'm thrilled to see a new project of yours taking shape! [face_dancing]

Luke's introspection, to begin, was lovely - especially with him realizing the full extent of his relationship with Leia. I appreciate how, without hardly pausing from seeing the Empire defeated, Luke is already filling himself with purpose again. He has quite the path to walk before him, to be sure, but it seems that he's off to a good start. I can't wait to see what - and who - he finds along the way.

Excellent beginning, and I can't wait to see where this goes next! :D

=D=

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  5. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

It was a meeting of two legends: Fulcrum (Ahsoka Tano) and Sabine Wren, one of the Ghost's stalwart crew.

Ahsoka had not gone by "Fulcrum" in a long time. She was helping with refugees and getting used to not having to be hypervigilant. It was quite an adjustment, not having to sleep with one eye open anymore.

Sabine was also getting used to a lessened sense of alertness and being able to just be and do for herself without having to think about a grand cause.

They met on Lothal which capital wsa starting to recoup after the ouster of the Imperial forces.

Ahsoka was enjoying a jogan fruit pie after running into Sabine when she felt a frisson of something achingly familiar. It had the Force harmonics of Anakin Skywalker, whom she could not think of without feeling a fierce ache.

This essence was familiar but untainted with darkness.

Who could it be?

Luke had been on Lothal as it happened a mere handful of weeks doing archival and other searches for any hint of a Jedi Academy. He had stopped by this same eatery as Ahsoka and Sabine had been dining at, and now his glance and Force sense caught that of Ahsoka. His heart leapt with exultation! He had wondered if the galaxy were devoid of Force sensitives, yet if he were not mistaken, here was one in this same location! He worked up the nerve and headed towards Ahsoka's table.

What would they say to one another?

The Force itself seemed to pause in anticipation.

====_

TBC

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    Mira_Jade and Darth_Furio like this.
  7. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    And that's a follow from me...

Prologue - Luke post Return of the Jedi has always been such an intriguing time to think about. His decisions are so crucial there.

Chapter 1 - Luke and Ahsoka?! Can't wait to see where that goes.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

Luke and Ahsoka spoke long into the gentle dusk sharing anecdotes of the Rebellion and amazement at the serendipitous meeting of the apprentice and the son of Anakin Skywalker. Her eyes glowed with misty gladness when she heard of the redemption of the Master she had long held out hopes of there being a modicum lf Light ...

They promised to keep in touch and Ahsoka continued on her objective to help the Lothalese and Luke on his quest to find out Jedi lore and to thus be able to take the best of the former Jedi tenets and discard the rest.

Mira_Jade and Darth_Furio like this.
  9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love the discussion between Luke and Ahsoka

10. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    That was a touching moment. I can see how these two could be fast friends and get along so well. The Anakin/Vader connection be inspiring to Luke when he hears the exploits of General Skywalker and the redemption of Anakin would give Ahsoka hope for the future.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D Exactly the tone/effect I was aiming for. @};-

Darth_Furio likes this.
  12. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    SQUEE!!! You know I'm a sucker for Ahsoka in any era, but her meeting Luke just hits all sorts of happy buttons for me. [face_love]

This, in particular, really just resonated with me. Ahsoka - and Sabine and all these veterans, really - so deserve to enjoy the peace they've fought so hard for.

Aw! I love how Anakin's essence is mirrored in Luke's Force-sense. Their meeting was just top sweet for words - of course they'd form a quick bond with each other, linked as they are through Anakin and hope for the future through Ahsoka's past and Luke's plans to resurrect the Jedi. I look forward to any more of their interaction we might see in this story. [face_love]

But, from here on out I also look forward to seeing what old familiar faces - and new ones! - Luke runs into next. (Especially after getting to know your Lynnori a little bit through the OC challenge. :D)

=D=

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

As time went on, Luke settled on Dantooine for the new Jedi Academy. A Jedi Healer named T'Rani Beillane, who was Barollian, came there and became Chief Healer. She had left the Jedi ranks midway through the Clone Wars and returned to her home world and thus avoided the devastation of Order 66.

A friend and colleague of hers, Maya Qwan, had also survived the Purge. She had been on a deep cover mission helping refugees on an Outer Rim world and decided to keep her persona of a seamstress/mercantile vendor.

Now she felt drawn by the stirrings of the Force as it was no longer dormant and squelched.

Maya perused the HoloWeb and found out about the Academy. She came and became one of the Junior Knights, more than an Apprentice, but not quite at Knight level, given her long years' absence.

As things progressed, the ranks of the Jedi swelled, and Luke's vision of a Resurgent Jedi Order didn't seem so out of reach.

One evening, while meditating by one of the Academy's outdoor fountains, he had a strange vision of a lovely, vibrant lady with red-gold tresses and jade eyes. They were standing together on a balcony of a cozy bungalow with a serene meadow and lake spread out below.

Who was this mysterious lady? Luke felt a frisson of anticipation. He had a feeling she would prove to be important to him on more than one level. He hoped their paths would cross ... and soon.

+++

Fini

Darth_Furio likes this.
  14. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Maya Qwan! Yes! I've read the stories about her, but I'd forgotten how much I liked her until I saw her name. Who wrote those, by the way? Was it Kurisan?

And Luke's Force vision of him and Mara on the balcony at Varykino! I love!

15. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    nice to see Luke forming a new Jedi academy on a world that had one in the distant past. And a vision of Mara?

16. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Luke with Mara brought about the best in him.