main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Intersections Of Time (Accepting New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by TheSilentInfluence, Feb 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Mon Mothma, And others, A combo post!
    Coruscant Senate Gathering

Mon Mothma stifled the initial surge of shock at the public announcement. She swiftly put on her well-accustomed air of composure and firm concise demeanor.

Her Intelligence staff had been monitoring all sources of unrest, and she was not sure if they had been "caught napping" altogether or if they had been keeping silent on all they knew for the safety of others. Don't reveal too much was the motto of the Intel department, not until and unless strictly necessary

"No one panic. The Security Forces are trained and ready for such contingencies." She urged, all the while wondering if her words would prove useful or not.

The Chancellor noticed a young Jedi Knight, a Mirialan by the looks of him and the other recently appointed, Knight Moonrider who was approaching, and gave them a brief smile of acknowledgement, as if to say "We're in your hands."

IC: Knight Moonrider ; JR1-MSU ; Rez

Kandori felt the fluctuation again from light and warm banter to a sharp frisson of shock as the public announcement came over the airwaves, and the windows and exits were shuttered. Master Kenobi took firm control of the situation, although she could sense his troubled mood underneath it all.

She moved to where a younger Knight was with the Chancellor. She knew him just barely, as he kept mostly to himself. She shared his love of the written facts and lore, but didn't often find the luxury to immerse herself in the library archives. She thought ruefully that such time would likely become more scarce, as the rumble of an explosion was felt.

Kandori frowned in sympathy as she introduced herself, knowing how unsettling it was to be thrust into the midst of a situation you were ill-prepared to handle just by the very nature of its being an unexpected trap!

JR1-MSU cycled through his photoreceptors, the equivalent of a blink as they dimmed and rebrightened with activity. The announcement, overhead and then by Mothma and Kenobi, were easily understandable. Organics let their emotions rule them. Although due to programming variances, errors, and viral or basic design so did he. Only where a human was prone to periods of rampancy where emotions ruled all, he was a field medic and surgeon. When things did not go properly one did not simply prattle their head off or run. He sought solutions and proper courses of actions, even if that just meant letting the patient die more peacefully.

"Please remain calm. Follow directions and everything will be alright." he calmly stated in an amplified voice, trying to add to the sense that things were alright. Everything was going to be fine for all present. . .even if they were not. Especially if they were not.

Rez ran his olive fingers through his hair. He tried to block out the sounds of pandemonium around him, it stressed him out too much. He heard a droid begin to babble on about something, yet he ignored it.

He took a pace closer to the chancellor so that he was at her side, he knew his presence as a Jedi knight was necessary, although he wanted to avoid all the action he could. Rez took in the surrondings, up until that point he had been lost in his own little world. In front of him was a fellow Knight, he had seen her many times before, he knew she was popular and a couple of years his elder; her name was something odd, Canter? Cori? Kandy!

Rez somewhat awkwardly glanced over to the girl and said a little "hi", although the word choked in his mouth as he tried to say it, he was a nervous wreck as always.

The Mirilan fidgeted with his lightsaber for a second before deciding to speak up. Facing Mon Mothma he managed to say a shaky "it's okay ma'am, we're here to protect you."

There was another explosion and dust shook from the ceiling as Obi-Wan hauled Senator Bail Organa to his feet. They were surrounded by others and Obi-Wan urged everyone to stay close, "Quickly now! We must stay away from the windows. Get to the centre of the room." He sighed and tried to get through to the Jedi Temple, but the signal was jammed.

There was a large screech of metal and Obi-Wan looked around for the source...were their landing ships surrounding the Senate?

Kandori gasped at the sound of another explosion. She heard the urging to move to the centre of the room and started making her way there, hoping to find her way to Kenobi and Organa again.

If communications were jammed, as a result of sabotage or because of being purposely blocked, what then?

tag: @TheSilentInfluence

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2019
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Gar Saxon
    Mandalore Underground Prison, Mandalore, Outer Rim

Gar Saxon pushed the prisoner roughly towards the last cell. He hated dealing with thieves, although not everyone was a Rebel; how they had responded made him think otherwise. He glanced down at the lightsaber clipped to his belt and snorted. How exactly did a Jedi think that they could get away with waving that around here? It was disgraceful. "They must have thought they were Tarre Viszla, acting like that." He muttered out loud. Mand'alor would not be happy about that. I should give Mand'alor that for safekeeping.

Gar Saxon nodded at one of his men as they stopped and they began to key in a code that opened an electrified cell door before he shoved Ven inside roughly, enough to make her fall to the ground. He laughed, and shook his head at her." Well, I'm off to spend time with your friend. I'll be back for you later." Gar Saxon nodded and the cell was locked again.

[​IMG]

"So they have finally decided to grace me with the presence of another person. I was wondering if I would be left down here to rot." The woman's voice was gentle, although tired and she spoke from a far corner of the room. "Tell me, how dangerous do I look to you?

[​IMG]

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422

OOC: Just pretend that the metal bars in the first image are actually an electrified screen. Were combo-ing again so let's get down too it. I'll be posting a mini update on Alex this weekend as well to give more background.

IC: Darth Traya
    The Temple of the
    Forgotten
    Dathomir, Outer Rim

Darth Traya smiled at Ash's answer and nodded back to him as she pointed to an entrance off too the side of the temple. "That is where you must enter, Do not allow the shadows to trick you. There is a darkness here, but I do not believe your difficulties will be too great." She reached up and gently tapped him on the side of the head. "I will be waiting, resting my old bones until you return." She let go of Ash and went to sit on a stone wall.

As she looked over at the entrance Darth Traya nodded at him to go forward and then spoke out again, "Trust in what you believe shall guide you, the force will be your guide; just as I hope to become your mentor. Find the scroll quickly. I fear we may have visitors of our own soon enough." Darth Traya looked fearfully up at the ceiling and allowed Ash to depart down a long staircase into the depths of a temple.

[​IMG]

Tag: @greyjedi125

OOC: Short update for you but we will be combo-ing together to move this along.

IC: Obi-Wan Kenobi,
    The Senate, Courscant, Outer Rim

The second explosion made his ears ring and he was faintly aware of the the other's joining him. Obi-Wan helped Senator Organa stand as he assessed the situation quietly. They couldn't go up or down, and their were too many to risk an all out fight against whatever was attacking them. Obi-Wan sighed and shook his head at Senator Organa opened his mouth to say something. "We'll be alright. I'd like to know who is orchestrating this attack however." Obi-Wan looked over Reza. "Any chance you could contact the Temple? We need more backup then I anticipated." He gave the young Knight a reassuring smile.

There was the sound of blaster fire from below and Senator Organa let out a deep breath. He was glad Breha was not here to witness this. "Master Jedi?" He looked over at Jedi Knight Kandoori. "I hope you will not think ill of the Senate after this." He gave her a small smile and turned towards the Chancellor and her droid. "We will get through this Chancellor." Senator Organa swallowed hard, looked around. Everyone was terrified.

And then a brief pause, before the windows at the far side of the room shattered and fell to the floor as three looming figures that seemed to become more as they appeared to emerge from nowhere. They sauntered their way inside, not really paying attention to the Senators on the floor, instead looking directly at the Jedi as they made their way inside.

[​IMG]

"I want them alive." The one in the middle in a mask that filtered their voice and made them seem almost robotic pointed their finger directly at the group, firm and commanding. "The Chancellor and I need to have a little talk."

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Darth Rozic

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Kandori in the Senate Gathering

The second explosion seemed, if anything, louder than the first. Kandori nodded gratefully at Senator Organa's and Kenobi's warm assurances. Just their composure and calm urgings to those assembled took some of the rough edges off of her apprehension ...

Until three fierce looking types barged in and demanded to speak to the Chancellor. Kandori felt an icy knot form in the pit of her stomach. Now what?

~~

IC: Chancellor Mothma

The Chancellor gazed coldly at the interloers after casting a quick look at the Jedi in residence to see if they would provide a cue as to her next steps. However, she knew what her instinctive reaction would be. "I do not negotiate with terrorists, nor do I trust that you will let these go in safety. You have nothing I want. However, I will listen to your demands, but these Jedi representatives and my Senatorial allies will remain." She indicated Senator Organa. "If you have nothing to hide, you should not object to my stipulations."

Tags:
    @TheSilentInfluence \ @Mitth_Fisto \ @Darth Rozic

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  4. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Ash
    Temple of the Forgotten, Dathomir, Outer Rim
    Six Months After the Sith Invasion

All Ash could offer Darth Traya was his slight ironic smile. His gaze left her countenance for that of the entrance.

“Do not allow the shadows to trick you.” She’d stated. Inwardly, Ash almost felt a chuckle. The philosopher in him could debate with her about the nature of shadows, but now was neither the place nor the time for such an exchange.

“There is darkness here, but I do not believe your difficulties will be too great.”

Ash could not begin to guess what she meant specifically, but he knew by her words, there would be challenges ahead. Ash did not fear challenges. He welcomed them. To do any less would be to stunt one’s own growth.

By now, he'd come to accept that Darth Traya was much too nuanced a being for him to glean any more than she was allowing him to perceive, even with his finely tuned force senses, no matter how deeply he attempted to 'see'. Not confirming certain details increased the mystery of the encounter and only augmented his curiosity and need to discover a truth revealed.

“I will be waiting, resting my old bones until you return.”

As if in silent response, Ash brought up both hands and held fast to his hood. Bringing it down, the miraluka made sure to concealed his entire visage, as he fastened his grey cloak about himself securely, even as he prepared to go forth on this mysterious task.

“Trust in what you believe shall guide you, the force will b your guide; just as I hope to become your mentor. Find the scroll quickly. I fear we may have visitors of our own soon enough.”

There seemed to be something in Darth Traya’s voice as she looked up toward the ceiling.

Ash followed the Sith Lord’s gaze, and thought he sensed what he would considered an unusual disquiet from her, He chose to make no inquiry. What could cause such a reaction? He silently wondered. ‘Visitors of our own, soon enough?’ That was a peculiar turn of phrase. Was someone else after the Hundred Year Darkness scroll?

Too many questions. Never enough time for answers.

“With the Force as my guide, I can succeed. There is no ignorance, there is Knowledge. The Force flows through all, in Light or Darkness, the Force is One.”

With those words, Ash focused his mind, centered himself and sheathed himself in force energy. He also expanded the range of his Force senses, and with his sight, he could perceive greater details of all auras in his vicinity.

“I will not fail you.” He asserted before walking off to proceed through the entrance Darth Traya had indicated.

Cautiously did he go through the entrance, then proceeding to what now he saw to be a staircase which spiraled downward. Though Ash did not necessarily need a torch to light his way, since he could see with his vision, there would come a point where he would need the glow of his lightsaber in order to proceed. Daylight allowed those with eyes to see during the day time. For Ash, it helped to increase the range of his visual perception and provide contrast and contours, as it refracted from various objects and forms. Darkness it seems, made things more challenging, even if one was a Miraluka.

Still, Ash would not depend on ‘sight’ alone. He listened for any and all sounds, anything that informed him of what was around him. He also considered the quality of air found in such a place. Oh! for what his natural senses would reveal, aside from anything his force senses allowed him to glean.

Slowly, he descended, placing one step after another, listening, seeing. If the Sith were involved in the construction of any temple, he expected to encounter traps or secret passages…and more.

“There is no fear. There is Power. I am the heart of the Force.”

Tag: @TheSilentInfluence

5. Darth Rozic

Darth Rozic Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    IC: Reza

Rez froze up at the sight of the three figures entering the room. His muscles tensed and his knees wobbled. He had heard Obi-Wan say something to him yet it only went in one ear and out the other.

Rez instictivley grabbed his saber and prepared to ignite it, he usually wasn't so quick to act but he was determined to not be passive for one, he had to do something. Rez dreaded the thought of having to use his lightsaber, he hated it; it was too heavy and bright and it's incessent humming gave him a headache, and that wasn't even to mention the fact that duelling was his worst field of trainign back at the academy.

Reza steped forward and decided to speak up, he had to stop his voice from quavering with fear.

"Halt, you're violating Republic law number-"

Rez was about to name the laws that the men were braking by entering the building in the way they did, but his mind went blank, it never went blank. Rez's stomach sank and he was so filled with humiliation and fear that he didn't even bother trying to finish his sentence.

TAGS: @TheSilentInfluence @Mitth_Fisto @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

6. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Made in collaboration with our GM

IC: Venda Malreaux
    Mandalore

"...And the Surosub x260 while faster than Corellian Engineering 70y the x260 can overheat too easy and melt your motherboard. But, if we really want to talk about overheating…" Ven had not stopped talking since the hallway. No one had gagged her or stuck her so her mouth kept moving. She didn't think she was actually annoying her captors it was just to keep her from thinking about the walls getting closer and closer. Passing cell after cell the sweat built up on her brow. Her hands started to shake but, she did her best to hide it with wild gesticulation or as much as she could in binders. The halls were dark, dingy and made of stone. Barbaric chains hung from the walls.

Ven tried to put all of this out of her mind continuing to spout meaningless specs, and numbers. It was working...until one of the thugs opened up one of the cells. With whatever mind she had left not taken up with fear and chaff, she looked to the pad forcing herself to remember the code or at least a few keystokes. Having something to start with could be useful when she broke out of here.

She was shoved into the cell falling to the hard ground looking up with a sneer.

He made another threat Ven grit her teeth.

"I'll be waiting Di'kut." she spat using the very limited Mando'a she'd learned from Alex, of course she would have only remembered the insults. The door locked and the slicer got as close as she dared to the wall "You won't break us, you'll never break us." She called out finally as the guards left. With them gone, and no one around to see the defiant facade fell away. The firery slicer nearly collapsed to the ground her back against the wall.

She was captured, shoved into a cell and now going to be interrogated or worse. This was the likely the worst thing she could possibly expect from this mission. To be separated from Alex, and thrown, not into darkness, but, into a confined cell, with no escape.

A voice rang out from the far corner, gentle and kind, despite the weary undertone. Venda looked and narrowed her eyes. She felt as though she recognized her, the woman she now shared a cell with.

"You don't have to look dangerous to be it." Ven still kept her distance unsure of her new cellmate. "Beings will do anything if pushed far enough."

The woman laughed lightly. "You might be right about that." She frowned and added, "My name is Satine. You do not look Mandalorian, how did you end up here?" Satine questioned. It had been so long since she had seen another person, a few weeks perhaps. The only time the guards came were to feed her and give her water.

It was stupid of me to trust my sister. Satine thought to herself before she turned to the other woman. "Where did you pick up our language?" She asked, pointing out the insult Ven had thrown back at the guards.

Ven narrowed her eyes unsure if she should trust this woman. She'd known of tricks like this. Have one of your own pose as a prisoner, earn their trust, get information out of them.

"Trespassing." she said with a slight smug grin. "These mandos take property rights very seriously." In the back of her mind the name Satine was ringing a bell but, she couldn't place where. "Call me Ven," she replied not moving from her spot on the wall. "And I wouldn't say I learned your language just that I've picked up a few words here and there." She was quiet for a bit looking over the other woman, she looked older, well older than Ven anyway, there was a weight to her like she might have been here a while. "So what'd you do to get such lovely accommodations?"

Satine smiled again with a shake if her head, she was a little amused at Ven's response. "I take it the opportunity was too good to pass up?" Satine asked, before she shifted against the stone wall. "I used to be the Duchess of Mandalore before the Sith took over. I suppose I should be grateful they didn't kill me outright."

Satine shifted and brought her arms around her legs. "Please tell me you didn't try to rob the Sith by yourself." Her voice had taken on more of an elder sister tone then a scolding one, her blue eyes sad yet mischievous when they met Ven's gaze. "I would hope someone trying to rob the Sith would be more prepared."

Ven's eyes widened, now she remembered. An impromptu history lesson by one of the older pirates, the Duchess of Mandalore, ruler of the new peaceful Mandalorians. It was something of a joke around her, 'Peaceful Mandalorians, what next bald wookiees' the saying went. Looking at the state of things now it seemed her fall from grace was sudden and painful.

"I guess you're more useful alive." Ven mused, "or they're waiting for the right moment to kill you." She pressed her head against the wall. "No, have a whole crew behind me, me and my friend are just casing the place. I drew the short straw and got stuck with the prison. She's handling the interrogation rooms." Ven let out a worried breath. Alex was as tough as they come but, Sith were not evil but, sadistic. They'll inflict pain just for the fun of it. Not that pirates were above that but, the Sith took it to a new level. "We were prepared, just not for the three Mandos repelling from the ceiling and the battalion advancing down the hall. We dropped a few of them before they captured us." A little embellishing she knew but, who was going to stop her...her cellmate? The once great Duchess of Mandalore. "Had to make the capture look good." She looked around stretching out a little trying to not feel so consticted though with ever passing moment the walls came closer and closer.

Satine watched Ven for a few moments, seemingly taking in her words before she stood up and moved closer, sitting down across from her and taking her hand. "The cell is a lot bigger then you think it is." Satine explained gently.

"You're friend is being interrogated?" Satine frowned, looked away. Gar Saxon wouldn't do that to non-Mandalorians. At least not thieves. "I wish her the best, Gar Saxon is a horrible man." Satine added, trying to distract Ven. "Tell me of your friend...does she come from Mandalore?"

Satine gave Ven a hopeful look. Perhaps if she was, she might have a chance to escape.

Ven snatched her hand away from Satine's gentle grip. Half out of surprise and half out of fear. She scratched at a phantom itch on her shoulder playing off the sudden movement.

"Her name is Alexandria of Clan Kasra, House Kryze." Ven said with a roll of her head. Alex had declared it already, it wasn't a secret to be kept. If Satine was working for the enemy they already knew Alex's name. "Yeah she's a mandalorian. That's where I picked up most of my Mando'a." She looked away again putting her hands in her lap. Her fear was spiking in her chest, the new information about Gar Saxon was doing little to help her. "Was a jedi too I think, maybe. I've only known her as my captain. My..." painful butterflies start to fly in her stomach, "Friend."

Satine didn't seem to mind Ven snatching her hand away. She looked a little surprised at the mention of Clan Kasra however and stared hard at Ven. "The only Kasra I know of is Wolf Kasra. He served my father before me as a Senator to House Kryze, my House." Satine tried to think if she knew anyone named Alex. "But if she is claiming to be loyal to my family, I suppose she might be our way out of here."

Satine looked hopeful and continued, "I don't suppose Saxon liked that. Our first leader, our Mand'alor was both a Jedi and a Mandalorian warrior. He united all the Clans and the fighting stopped for a about a hundred years. I wonder if he fears your friend might do the same. It's a dangerous combination." Satine paused, hesitant. "If we can get out of here I might be able to send a distress signal. If there are other Jedi in the area...perhaps they would come to our aid."

Ven had to stifle a laugh. Alex her friend named Manda'lor, the only think more hilarious is Jedi coming to save them. Ven was a slicer and thief and a pirate, the Jedi were everything she wasn't. Though if they could get a message out to the Hondo they might be able to get some kind of rescue together. If it came to it she would reach out the jedi though she would leave her previous activities off the record for the time.

"Well to send any message." She stood up stretching out her back, "We need to get out first." Interlacing her fingers she cracked her knuckles. "Got a half way decent look at the control panel when they brought me in here. Only problem is this screen." Ven picked up a small stone and chucked it against the energy field. It sparked and fizzled and shot back on a parabolic trajectory. "Doesn't let anything through." She chewed her lip a little, looking around for a power box or wire that could be powering the field. "failing that we can try to slip past the guard when or if they come to give us food and water." The thought of escape, of fighting her way to freedom gave the slicer a bit of hope, something to cling to rather than falling into panic. "They lower the screen, I get past shove them in and close it behind them." It was a little optimistic but, she would take her chances were she could get them. "My friend is not becoming Manda'lor, she's a pirate a good one at that. We're going to rule the space lanes one day, me and her. We got plans, and they don't involve getting bogged down in running a planet."

Satine nodded politely but she sounded amused, "Have you asked Akexandria if that is what she wants? If she has a lightsaber, perhaps being a Jedi still means something to her; as does clinging to her language." She looked around and nodded to the stone's above the wall. "Perhaps we could loosen them enough to make them fall when they open the doors. I would rather not kill unless we have too."

Satine looked back at Ven with a more determined expression. "Mand'alor is not only a leader, but a way of keeping our heritage. My time as Duchess no longer holds meaning to my people, but they would follow a true Mand'alor."

"Well," Ven started continuing to look around turning her gaze up at Satine's suggestion. "If Alex had wanted to remain a jedi she'd still be with them right?" Peering hard at the gaps in the stone, they could loosen them, though it would take some work. "And if she wanted to be Manda'lor I would hope she would have told me." She pursed her lips thinking. "She knows I would be right by her side clearing a path for her to the throne...or whatever. If that was her plan for this job. She wouldn't have kept it from me."

On the ground she found a pebble something to scrape away the mortar and knock loose one of the stones above.

"Look I never set out to kill anyone, but, sometimes it needs to be done." She took a place right at the entrance to the cell. "Give me a boost."

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Alexandria Kasra
    Mandalore, Outer Rim

Alexandria stumbled as she was pushed into a room. It had high windows, was sparse but it didn't look like an interrogation room. At least there was nothing to suggest the sort. She turned around and watched as Gar Saxon circled around her, his soldiers taking up points around the room before they snapped to attention at his whistle.

"Cetar. Kneel." Gar Saxon said, pointing to the ground. "And all will be forgiven."

Alexandria frowned. "I'm a Jetti remember?" She winked, laughing slightly. "Didn't you say so?" She glanced over as his warriors took of their helmets. The closest one staring at her more intently then the others.

[​IMG]

Alexandria felt a tug through the force, and gave the red haired woman an odd look. I know her. She thought as she tilted her head, but from where? Alexandria turned to look at Gar Saxon, who shrugged in response at her look, like he didn't care.

"I suppose loyalists don't kneel." Gar Saxon said, more to himself then to Alexandria. He sighed and knelt down himself, grasping her chin and forcing Alexandria to look him in the eyes. "You're friend doesn't seem to happy, but considering the circumstances, I'll give you a deal. You tell me who you work for, and I'll let your friend go. But you; you stay." Gar Saxon growled out as he let her go. He stood up and walked down the length of the room, and stopped when a side door opened. "Alor, I have the prisoner we called ahead about." He looked back at Alexandria with a sneer. "I hope that this interrogation doesn't take too long, I have a dinner to attend."

"I hope for your sake it doesn't either."

[​IMG]

He paused and took Alexandria in. "Are you sure that's a Jedi? She looks like a scoundrel." The man said as he approached. "Do you know who I am?" At Alexandria's shake of her head, he stopped and then a resounding chant rang out.

"Mand'alor! Mand'alor!"

Alexandria looked away, her stomach twisting with fear. She glanced back at the red haired woman, who mouthed something to her that Alexandria could barely make out.

"Kneel."

Tag: No One. This was purely a GM update to move the story along. The updates for everyone else will continue on Tuesday as planned. Happy Easter!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    greyjedi125 likes this.
  8. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Satine Kryze
    Mandalore, Outer Rim

Satine sighed to herself and then gave Ven a boost upwards so she could loosen some tiles above the door. She waited until she had finished and helped her down again, moving away to sit on the stone bed as they waited for a guard to come bringing food or water. Satine looked at Ven carefully, and then said, "Has Alexandria ever talked to you about her time in the Temple? I ask...because the Jedi might not be too enthusiastic to see one who has left the Jedi Order. General Kenobi has told me they can have mixed reactions."

I remember when Master Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan came to my rescue during the Mandalorian Civil War. They knew how to protect the innocent. How to protect me even if I wanted no part in it. But now Mandalore must prepare again.

Satine looked around the cell and smiled to herself at the thought of Obi-Wan Kenobi. What was he doing now, she wondered. Did he think of her as she thought of him? But Satine hardly had time to dwell on these thoughts, as the sound of a guard started to come down the hall, even steps marching against the cold, stone floor. "I hope you're ready. I don't think this will be as easy as you think."

[​IMG]

The guard stopped outside their cell and pressed the numbers into the keypad. Satine looked at Ven and very subtly nodded at her to knock the stones out the minute he stepped in the doorway. It was time to leave, and to get away from a Mandalore that Satine knew she could not save. At least, one that Satine knew could lie in the hands of

Satine stood at her full height, standing next to Ven as the guard approached. "You're just in time for dinner." Satine said softly, looking up above the screen. "I hope your ready to do what you need to get us out of here. The communications room is seven floors above us, once were in there; we can call for help and see if your friend is still in the interrogation room."

The guard's code worked as the screen deactivated and he dropped the food onto the floor loudly. "Not much for the Duchess today." He growled out, "Perhaps your friend can beg for more."

IC: Darth Traya
    The Temple of the Forgotten, Dathomir, Outer Rim

The passages drew Ash into a foggy darkness. There was a thickness to the air; and a voice that seemed to whisper among the crumbling state it was in. It was soft at first, then grew more insistent as it drew Ash further in.

You must not...the enemy is coming....take the scroll.

Above the ruins, Darth Traya waited in patient meditation, her closed eyes tired and yet not; trying to think about the last time she was worried for one of her students safety. That did not make her a weak woman, the Jedi were weak; refusing to allow even the slightest emotion. But there was something else coming; and though Darth Traya did not know him by name, the man's image drew into her mind, flashing and then disappearing.

[​IMG]

Be careful apprentice; there is another searching for the scroll. Come back and show me before he arrives. I will protect you from his anger, just as I know you will protect me.

We're going to combo this week. Send me a PM when you are ready, I have some big plans for this mission.

IC: The Senate, Courscant, Inner Rim
    Six Months After the Sith Invasion

The masked figure gave the Chancellor a cool even look, or that was what it felt like to Obi-Wan Kenobi. He stared him down, but there was nothing there. It was like this masked person was devoid of all emotion. Obi-Wan placed a comforting hand on Senator Organa's back and looked at the Chancellor. "Senator Organa would not betray you like that Chancellor." He frowned and added, "But I would hate to see anything happen to the rest of your people. I do not believe that they-" He nodded at the figures, "-will want anything less then a talk."

Obi-Wan looked at Raz and then the Droid, frowning slightly. But he didn't have a chance to speak before the figure spoke again. "If you do not comply, we will annihilate you're little party." The masked person said again, pointing their lightsaber to the ground. "Now, shall you come with us..." he looked at the female Jedi Knight, Knight Kandoori before laughing, "...or will you wish an eternity of pain on your friends."

Senator Organa watched with half fascination, half horror as the figures walked closer. He once more moved closer to Obi-Wan, and half hid behind him. Please get me out of here, home to Breha. He thought quietly, and his friend stood more protectively in front of him. "We need to get out of here."

Obi-Wan smiled slightly. "You worry to much. I don't believe that they have bad intentions...but they obviously don't have good intentions either."

The masked person sighed and shook is head at Obi-Wan's words. "I'm sorry we have to do this the hard way." They said, and then just as quickly, drove their lightsaber towards Obi-Wan, who brought his lightsaber up quickly, blocking them by a fraction of a second. "Shall we dance?"

"Only if you're leading." Obi-Wan snipped back. "Protect the Chancellor!"

Tag: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Mitth_Fisto @Darth Rozic

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    Mitth_Fisto and greyjedi125 like this.
  9. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Mandalore

Ven remained on the ground as the guard brought in food. She kept her face hidden as she frowned when the guard didn't cross the threshold. He was making it difficult. Ven had two choices, get aggressive, get the guard angry enough to come in at her. Or play innocent, beg, plead maybe get close enough to pull them closer. She could see how the aggressive stance would work, getting him to use that blade to try and cut her tongue out. While being a good prisoner could work that was more a long game, getting them to let their guard down. They didn't have time for a long game. However, if letting her get away with speaking nonsense for so long showed that at least when the boss was around they had some control. Though this one didn't seem the kind to keep in control.

Ven was rolling the chance cube on this and she knew it.

"Make me," she spat. Still on the ground a rock hidden in her hand. "I'm not afraid of you, in your hand me down armor. Aww...did big brother finally give you his armor when he outgrew it. You even painted it...did you mommy give you a stencil so you didn't mess up or was it finger paints. You act all big and tough but, what are you doing? Guarding two helpless weaponless prisoners. And not even big violent prisoners, two thin emaciated weaklings. I'm supposed to fear you. I pity you for having to guard us, you're doing a job a droid could do. But, that's what you are right. A wet droid. What are you going to do come in here and hit me...no because your orders are to feed us and keep an eye on us. You can do anything to me. Not feed me oh no, is that all the power you have. You won't lay a finger on me because those aren't your orders. You follow orders, from those above you, they say guard these two and you say yes sir, would you like me to shine your boots too sir. Tell me something, I'm curious, how do good ol' Gar's boots taste huh...You should know shouldn't you, since you spend your life under his heel. Di'kutla Mando'ad you don't know the difference between service and servitude. Just because you have some scary armor you think you have authority. Ori'buyce, kih'kovid mir'osik." She finished, giving the rudest hand gesture she could faking spitting at his feet.

She knew she was taking a risk, she had thrown everything at him, if this didn't get him riled up, get him to cross the threshold, she didn't know what else to do. Though she kept that uncertainty off her face. She was spitting venom as far as she could. If he wanted to be shown respect he was going to have to earn in, not just show up in armor and stomp around like a child.

10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

Once he’d descended the stairs, the passage that now greeted him bore no light whatsoever to aid him in his search, only a near palpable darkness now surrounded him. The air seemed equally oppressive, but he had expected as much. Ash continued on, undeterred.

With a languid motion, the blind miraluka reached into his robes with his right hand and produced his lightsaber. With a twitch of his will, he ignited the noble weapon, which responded by releasing its Vermillion colored blade; not so ironically in contrast to his former Azure.

The continuous hum seemed to echo now from the walls it bathed in its colored glow, allowing Ash to better ‘see’ around him. If there was indeed a hidden scroll, could it be possibly ensconced behind or within a wall, underneath the floor, or some forgotten shrine or outcropping? Ash searched such places with painstaking patience, even though he heard a voice urging him on.

You must not…the enemy is coming…take the scroll

Ash could sense Darth Traya waiting on him, unmoving, somewhere on the Temple floor above him. Something was worrying her, but he could not fathom what it was. Ash shook his head.

‘Focus. No distractions. Find the scroll’. He told himself.

If his vision could not reveal what he desired…

Ash arrested his forward motion and stood still for a moment, opening himself further to the Force. He slowly tilted his lightsaber, to and fro, using it as a diving rod, listening for subtle changes in its hum, or any changes in the intensity of its glow. If he was meant to find the scroll, he would. Ash would do everything he could think of to do so.

….the enemy is coming…

The voice insisted in greater earnest and higher intensity. Ash remained focused, intent on any clues that would reveal any hint of the scroll. This was not the time to give into uncertainty.

“Then so be it.” He responded to the darkness.

Tag: @
    TheSilentInfluence

(Bring on the combo!)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Chancellor Mon Mothma

She smiled at Kenobi's assurances. She glanced at the 2 young Knights nearby. She did not know them but she had every confidence in their courage and ability.

IC: Knight Kandori

Kandori absorbed Kenobi's words and the cold arrogant reply of the adversary. She felt events were spinning out of control and hoped that they could get the upper hand again, for the safety of all involved.

@TheSilentInfluence etc

12. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: JR1-MSU
    The Senate Meeting, Coruscant

The Senator was not backing down. Neither were the Jedi who seemed determined to bring an escalation to what otherwise appeared to be a strong arm situation. If they surrendered there was a chance, but a drawn out conflict? Lives would be lost. There was a statistical near guarantee of that fact.

The Chancellor seemed to be in a stress situation as well and . . .and now lightsaber blades had been crossed. From what it had seen so far he was certain that the Chancellor would not concede to evacuation protocols. Still it had to try at least once. "Madam, might we begin emergency evacuation and sequestration protocols? Surely the plans do not leave merely one way in or out for this event?" It had to try, at least once.

Meanwhile it was already evaluating its stock of medications and what it could use for this situation.

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha , @TheSilentInfluence , @Darth Rozic

13. Darth Rozic

Dec 27, 2015
    IC: Rez
    Rez snapped to action.

"What do you want?" he demanded, he was proud of himself as he had managed to prevent his voice was quavering, although that wasn't to say that he wasn't scared. Rez had to activley stop himself from freezing up.

The Mirialan took a step forward and arced his lightsaber at the masked men as if to threaten them, he knew, of course, that it wouldn't work and so he decided to take a more defensive battle pose instead.

"Who sent you??"

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha , @TheSilentInfluence , @Mitth_Fisto

14. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Combo Post brought to you by: TheSilentInfuence & greyjedi125

The darkness was un-moving, and it seemed to grow closer as Ash continued to walk through it, and yet there was a stillness that seemed to linger. Calling; beckoning the former Jedi to move closer as a Ghost like figure appeared in the distance, waiting for Ash to move closer.

[​IMG]

"You are no Jedi. Tell me, why are you here?"

The darkness seemed to close in all around him, attempting to force itself against the illumination of his lightsaber, or was he imagining it. Still, Ash pressed on forward, allowing nothing to distract him.The Force was indeed strong in this place; it was almost palpable.

It was then that he saw it. The faint and ghostly glow of a figure, it beckoned to him. For a brief second, he thought it a trick, but his force senses did not betray him. He should not have been surprised by seeing such an apparition, not while knowing what he already knew to be true. Without hesitation, the miraluka approached and drew closer to the force ghost.

The glowing figure bore the appearance of an adult male, one he did not recognize. His countenance was calm and serene in its bearing.

Ash extinguished his weapon as a symbol of his peaceful intention, for he could not harm such a being conventionally. By the words it spoke, the ghost revealed much.

“I am called
    Ash, and I seek a the Hundred Years Darkness scroll. Perhaps you know where I might find it?”

Shadows conceal, but Light reveals

The figure nodded slowly. "Yes. I was a padawan tasked with guarding it when the Sith attacked. The order was once so few, and now it has many. " The force ghost appeared to be thoughtful and motioned his hand so they could start walking. The darkness seemed to bend away from where the force ghost was and the man spoke again, "the scroll has...untold secrets from when the force was young. Do you wish to learn these secrets?"

Ash mused only briefly before giving his answer, easily keeping step with the force ghost and also marking where they walked. He made a mental not as to how the darkness seemed to bend away from the softly glowing force ghost.

“Only a padawan you say?” Ash said, unable to contain his mild surprise. “…but that was so long ago, the attack I mean….”

A plethora of questions came to mind immediately, and so did the voice of his former Jedi master, warning him to remain focused and not be so easily distracted by the need to debate.

“Though, you are right. I do wish to learn the secrets contained within the scroll. I seek deeper knowledge of the Force, deeper than what could be learned within the halls of the Jedi Tempe.”

Ash took a breath, and finished expressing his line of thinking.

“Is there a way I could learn the scroll’s secrets as well as bring it to another who seeks it?…..uhm….I’m sorry, I do not know what to call you or how to address you properly.”

"My name is
    Kiran. We did not have many Knights back then, they were off fighting and protecting those who were lost. I and several others were the first temple guards. When the Sith attacked, they slain my friends. But the scroll protected me. So I stayed to protect it." The force ghost smiled at Ash, feeling a sense of familiarity about his need to ask questions.

"You may take it, but first you must fight the first Sith."

Ash was watched Kiran intently and measured him through his Force senses as he listened. Admittedly, he felt a twinge of excitement inside himself as he realized he was getting a first hand account of a long ago event in Jedi history. For a split second he wondered how the Jedi historians at the Jedi Temple might react if they ever found out, but that was of little concern. Ash wished to learn more about these 'First Temple Guards', but time was not on his side. Kiran's fellow guards had been slain by Sith. So the scroll protected Kiran, but not the others? So many questions....

Ash bowed to the force ghost, once he was told that he could take the scroll, though he had yet to learn of its location. It would seem there was indeed a test that he had to face.

"The first Sith...?" Ash echoed, uncertain of how he should interpret such a pronouncement. Still, his resolve remained undiminished.

"I am ready."

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Satine Kryze
    Mandalore, Outer Rim

The guard dropped the food on the floor with a loud clang. "You want to fight?" He laughed at Ven and then turned to Satine. "She's not serious is she?" The Mandalorian said, and then he advanced on Ven, quickly making a move to grab her and throwing her to the ground. "You don't understand Mandalore do you?" He sneered, and pushed Ven away. Satine reached down and gently helped her stand as he advanced again. "Your pretty friend will bow down to Mand'alor too. You can never escape what you are." And if Mand'alor believes that girl is important, then so do I. She needs to stay away from these...bad influences.

The Mandalorian took off his helmet and stared Ven down, clearly enjoying the power he was given by his leader.

[​IMG]

Satine glanced at Ven and said lowly, "Run to the door. Maybe we can knock him out on the way out." She suggested quietly, keeping a firm hand on Ven's shoulder. And then she pushed her into the Mandalorian and ran for the exit, stepping outside the unguarded doors and waiting for Ven to get rid of their unfriendly guard.

"Fight me!" The Mandalorian shouted, taking a swing at Ven. "Fight me you coward!"

OOC: You're update is a little short and I apologise for that, but please PM me so we can combo and get this fight over with and make it to the communication room. Also please image the man in his armor.

IC: Kiran
    Six Months After The Sith Invasion

"No one is ready." Kiran warned and then faded to the edges of Ash's senses. "Trust nothing in the shadows. Trust no one of the shadows." His voice became fainter and there was a deafening silence that was only disturbed by footsteps walking closer and closer to Ash from the distance. And then they stopped as a figure emerged from the darkness.

[​IMG]

"So you are the one that seeks my scroll?" The man asked quietly. He appeared to give Ash a once over with the force, reaching out and nodding in satisfaction at what he saw. "It has been a long time since anyone has come here. The Hundred Year Darkness Scroll is more then what you think it is apprentice. Tell me, what do you and Darth Traya plan to do once you have it? You are aware that you are not the only one who seeks it today?"

OOC: A little bit of a pause before the big show. Feel free to ask the first Sith any pressing questions.

IC: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Bail Organa
    The Senate, Courscant, Inner Rim

The person fighting Obi-Wan stopped long enough to look at Rez. "Our Master of course." They said, like it was the simplest thing in the world. "Go play with your books and let the Knights fight this out boy." They kicked Obi-Wan back and he stumbled, trying to get the upper hand. Meanwhile, as they advanced around the room, Senators trying to get out of the way; the other two Sith accompanying their leader forced pushed the Senators against the far wall, hard enough to hurt; to make sure they wouldn't fight back.

[​IMG]

"You will not have the Chancellor." Obi-Wan Kenobi said quietly, dangerously. He jumped and their was a flurry of lightsabers as they fought to gain the upper hand. Chairs and tables overturned and Senator Organa was thrown over a couch and pinned against a wall by a table that came sailing after him. As the leader's companions advanced on Chancellor Mothma, he shook his head in a daze, and Obi-Wan Kenobi was too distracted to see them gaining ground as they moved closer to Knight Kandoori and JR1-MSU.

OOC: Have fun protecting the Chancellor and be mindful of where everyone is in the room.

Mitth_Fisto and greyjedi125 like this.
  16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

Ash simply nodded in understanding at Kiran and watched him recede, then eventually vanish from his perception, taking away what faint glowing light he’d brought him. The miraluka did not waver as he considered all that he’d been told up to this point, by both Kiran and Darth Traya.

Do not trust the Shadows. Do not trust the Darkness.

“I place my trust in the Force…” Ash whispered as he brought his mind once again into a calm focus.

Silence was all that remained now, but only for a mere moment in time. No sooner had the force ghost vanished, than the sound of approaching footsteps had taken occasion to replace him. Ash sensed the being that emerged from the darkness even as it appeared.

The form that was revealed before him was that of a sith male, in all its literal expression.
    Another unexpected surprise.

The nuance of this did not escape Ash, but before he could offer a word of greeting, the figure spoke.

“So you are the one that seeks my scroll?" he asked in a calm manner. The sith glanced over the miraluka appraisingly, then silently nodded in satisfaction.

"It has been a long time since anyone has come here.
    The Hundred Year Darkness Scroll is more than what you think it is apprentice. Tell me, what do you and Darth Traya plan to do once you have it? You are aware that you are not the only one who seeks it today?"

Another surprise. This sith seemed to be proposing a debate, though that could lead to a trap. Ash made a mental note be to mindful of such things, but if this was part of the test, he was more than willing to partake in it. Slowly, Ash brought his hands together and steepled his fingers, letting the sleeves of his grey cloak fall before him like drapes. When he answered, he did so thoughtfully, carefully, but in confidence.

“Nothing is as it appears at first, we both know that. And discovery, is but part of the learning process. I would ask you if you are the author of the scroll, but more to the point, I would say that the Force is the true author, and the writer but the medium and scribe of the work.”

At this, Ash offered a small nod.

“We are all students of the Force, therefore perpetual apprentices, one and all. The title of Master is conferred for the sake of satisfying vanity or denoting rank among the scholarly. However, I can answer only for myself and no other. I seek the scroll for what deeper knowledge of the Force it can impart, and for no other reason. I seek The Center, Balance in Chaos. The Force is One; and should it choose to grant the scroll to another today, then who am I to subvert the very Will of the Force?”

Ash offer another respectful nod.

“One must be found worthy. To that end, I shall do all I can, all that I must.”

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  17. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: JR1-MSU
    The Senate, Coruscant

It was like watching a case of phagocytosis consuming an embedded enemy cell. One, come in hard from the front, spread out to the sides, two spread out feelers to the sides until healthy tissue is reached, three power down and attempt to separate and infiltrate around disease cluster. Four, close the gap and then chemically bombard the offending life form into a base chemical slurry. Consume what you want from it, eject the unwanted toward the nearest clearing lymph node.

Unfortunately for it, it was standing right next to the primary target. As the circling Sith spread it remembered an old article. **"The Dark Side usage of the Force has been associated with irritable and damaged skin. Perhaps a proper topical ointment might help relieve and prevent future degradation." It doubted they would accept his prescription anyway.

"A mood restoring rest is in order. Knight Kandoori, Rez. If you would be so kind as to administer doses to either suffering patient it would be most appreciated." at this he opened and retrieved two syringes of meds that he rapidly rebalanced for the situation with a couple of internal vials. "Should be enough for a proper nights 12 hours rest. Intramuscular or in a vein if you do not mind." Hold out the syringes gently toward either Jedi he awaited to see if they would accept the task of administering the medication to the likely non-compliant patients.

TAG: @Darth Rozic , @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha , @TheSilentInfluence

Mishapen Quote from Star Trek EMH program when used as a distraction to Borg, forget what the movie title was.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Knight Kandori
    The Senate, Coruscant

Kandori laughed silently at the resourcefulness of the droid and snatched one of the vials. She made as if to dash toward the exit and the combatants and "accidentally" tripped over a spill on the floor. She reflexively gripped the arm of one of the adversaries with a mumbled apology "So clumsy of me!" and made a quick jab with the syringe between the facings of the armor plating.

She hurriedly regained her balance and slid away while casting a glance over to see if Rez had taken the "bait."

@Mitth_Fisto \ @Darth Rozic \ @TheSilentInfluence

:cool:

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  19. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    A combo post between me and our GM.

IC
    : Venda Malreaux, Satine Kryze
    Mandalore

She couldn't help but, smile as she was turned away. He fell for it, the damn mandalorian fell for it. She didn't think it would be so easy. He even made it easier by taking off his helmet. What was with these warriors and removing their helmets. Holding one fist close to her chest and the other to her side hiding the stone she had found.

"FRACK YOU." she shouted casting dirt and sand from her closed fist, having collected it when he so helpfully threw her to the ground, into his now exposed eyes.

The Mandalorian fell back as sand was thrown into his eyes and Satine made a sound in the back of her throat that sounded like she was trying to get Ven to hurry up and knock him out, before Satine appeared to re-think this and jumped up with surprising accuracy and knocked a stone loose; knocking out the guard as he slumped to the floor.

"Come on; we have to move before the others come looking for him." Satine said quickly, looking at the man with a frown. We have to get out of here and off Mandalore.

"Ok," The trick had worked and even the Duchess got in on the action. Good she wasn't completely broken yet. She rushes out of the cell moving a bit quicker with the adrenaline that was reintroduced into her system. They didn't blind fold her so she knew the way out of the cells. Coming up to the first locked gate she tried a code she though it was and got lucky as it opened before her and her new companion.

"Well that was good." The next gate they weren't so blessed, a bright red invalid notification popped up. Taking up the stone she still carried she smashed the panel finding wires of all colors running this way and that. Taking just a moment she looked them over before selecting two seemingly at random.

"These two." Ripping them out of their secure housings she tapped them together and using her sleeve as a simple insulator twisted them together. It wasn't pretty work but, it would do. The second door opened If all the locks were like this one they might have a chance of getting out of here. After the last gate was bypassed she came to an intersection.

"The comms room is this way correct." She pointed to the left which if the plans were still accurate should be the way to the most expedient lift to the comms.

With no answer coming from the Duchess, Ven continued on her way into the lift. With some more jury rigging she was able to make the ride an express. Didn't want anyone joining them on the most awkward lift ride possible. She let herself sway a little to the not present lift music. Something had to occupy her mind as the floors ticked up until they reach the level.

"Floor 7, circuit boards, solder wire, capacitors, various technological parts and hopefully comms." She stated briskly as she rushed through the open doors heading in the most direct way she knew towards the main com transmitter.

Satine sighed, trying to get her bearings as she followed Ven. "You're clearly in a hurry to rescue your friend." She pointed out, feeling more tired then she would otherwise have been in her cell. "I hope were not too late."

Satine paused as she heard footsteps coming their way and grabbed Ven, pulling her back towards a darkened corner as voices carried down the hall.

"Mand'alor wanted to fight that Jedi..."

"He'll make her kneel..."

The voices passed them and Satine gave Ven a scolding look. "If you had run into them we would have ended back in our cell."

Ven sneered looking back to the older woman. Of course she was worried did she hear those two bucketheads. Alex kneeing before someone else, no Ven would die before that happened. She kept low sticking to the shadows. It was slower than she wanted it to be but, Satine was right. They couldn't do anything if they got thrown into their cell again.

She held her breath pressing her thin frame against the corner as another Mandalorian walked past, their heavy plodding footsteps giving them away. It was a tense few minutes as the pair made their way quietly through the halls of their enemies. They came to the door to the comm room.

"Keep an eye out." she whispered to Satine as she set to work opening the last door. After this they would need to find a way to get to Alex. Ven wasn't leaving her here to suffer.

Satine nodded and turned around, waiting quietly until Ven got the door open. It was empty for now and Satine moved passed her; opening a comm. channel quickly. It didn't surprise her that no one was in the room; Vizsla was never one for proper communication. Especially during a shift change.

"This is Satine Kryze of Mandalore. Do you copy? We require immediate evacuation." Satine paused and repeated herself. There was static on the other line and she gave Ven a pained expression. "Lock the door." And then she turned back trying to communicate again.

"This is-"

"-This is Jedi Master Reid. What's you're position Lady Kryze?" The woman sounded tired. "I have a few Knights with me; we can extract you. How many are we picking up?"

She locked the door behind them, hoping that none of the mandalorians had a slicer on hand to try and break through her blocks. They would have to cut through the door to get in. Again she hoped that none of them had a lightsaber. Satine made the call to the Jedi Ven felt a little sick, reaching out to them. The protectors of the weak, the punishers of the guilty. Holier than thou spoonbenders that imposed their order on others because others couldn't fight back against them. She didn't have the most positive view of the Jedi she was raised by pirates after all.

With the door locked she turned to the comms.

"Three," she snapped as she frantically looked for a terminal she could access the wider systems. She needed to find where Alex was and get her out of there. Sitting down at one her fingers flew over the keys looking for any sign of her Captain.

Satine looked at Ven as she sat down and turned back to the comm. "There's a Jedi here...an ex jedi named Alexandria Kasra. She was taken to be interrogated. It will be two separate extractions Master Jedi."

There was a long pause on the other line. "...yes, we'll do what we can Lady Kryze. Do you know her location?"

Satine looked over at Ven. "Do we?"

Ven looked up for only a moment before burying her head back into the terminal.

"Where are you...where are you." she whispered. Eventually she found her, and her eyes went wide before narrowing again. "Throne room, she's in the throne room, surrounded by mandos." She pulled up a route that would get her and Satine there the fastest. It would be easier for her if she still had her datapad, be easier to keep track of where they were and the patrols. She would just have to work with what they had.

Satine smiled at Ven. "We'll transmit our location with a comm." She looked around and began to rifle through some drawers. "Aright. Move on our position. Be careful."

"I read you. Keep Alex safe." Master Reid said quietly. "She has a bad temper." The channel switched off and Satine turned to Ven.

"We should hurry. You're friend doesnt have much time."

Ven turned ransacking a drawer herself looking for something that could be used as a weapon. This was a mandalorian instillation there had to be...

There it was, under the desk in a holster secured to the underside. A small pistol, not quite a hold out but likely weaker than it's full sized counterparts the other mandalorians were carrying. It was better than nothing if things went wrong.

"Alright let's go." She unlocked the door and slinked her way into the shadows. They needed to get to Alex but, they couldn't go getting caught now.

As Satine and Ven made their way carefully to the throne room they managed to avoid most patrols. Satine got quieter and looked around more often, hoping that the Jedi would arrive in time.

The doors were not guarded, as everyone was in the throne room with Mand'alor. Waiting to see if Alex would kneel.

No guards, that set off alarms. That usually meant that you were walking into a trap. She closed her eyes recalling the layout of the throne room. Visualizing the position of the mandalorians, and cover, she charted out what she was going to do. It was going to be dangerous, and she was most likely going to get hurt but, it might just might give Alex a chance to escape. Taking a breath she readied her pistol.

"You probably want to stay out here." She whispered to Satine before turning to the door. She took a breath and kicked open the doors. "Knock, knock bucketheads!" She shouted into the room firing off a few shots to keep their heads down and diving for cover behind a pillar. She hoped someone showed up soon. She couldn't hold these guys off forever.

"How did she escape?" Pre Vizsla shouted out furiously. He quickly reached for the darksaber and activated it; stepping furiously toward Alexandria has she stood up and jumped back as Mand'alor took a swing at her.

"Is that the best you've got?"

"Taunting your opponent is just going to make you lose an arm."

[​IMG]

Alexandria turned around sharply at the sound of a light saber being ignited and felt herself jump. Master Reid? She thought as the woman smile at her from the doorway. Josephine Reid walked through and was flanked by two more Jedi on either side of her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Are we missing the party?"

"It looks like it Knight Tano." The woman with the bow rifle replied with a laugh.

Alexandria felt dizzy but she managed to stay on her feet. She threw herself out of the way as the darksaber grazed her leg and stumbled back as the Mandalorians raised their blasters and rifles at the Jedi that had just walked in. She felt Master Reid pulled her behind her protectively.

"Still watching out for me Master?"

"Only because you keep running into trouble."

Ven kept her back pressed against the pillar pistol still held tightly in her hands. Taking a few breaths she readied herself to open fire again. She heard Alex's voice still as defiant as ever. It gave her some hope, that the slicer hadn't messed things up. Then she heard the snap hiss of a lightsaber and for a moment, she thought it was Alex. She turned a smile on her face blaster leveled. The smile faded as she saw a jedi back to back with her captain. That was Ven's place, shoulder to shoulder with Alex. Now it was taken by Jedi...and it would never come back, she could feel it. Her place was taken.

She laid down as much fire as she could making a good distraction, maybe taking down a few mandalorians. All the while she tried to suppress her jealousy, her hurt, her obsolescence.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Alexandria Kasra
    Mandalore, Outer Rim

"Ven stay back." Alexandria called out, limping over at Josephine force pushed Mandalorians away. She grabbed her arm and pushed her back through the doors. "Go! Protect your friend." She ordered quickly, before winching as the other two Jedi rushed past her and rushed into the battle. Alexandria limped back over to Josephine and winched, trying her best to get behind her and back her up.

"Where's your lightsaber?"

"Saxon took it." Alexandria said. She saw the Mandalorians taking cover and nodded at her former Master. "We need to leave." She said, and then started to move out of the room, Ahsoka and Diana covering their escape as they backed out of the Throne Room. Alexandria winched again and placed her hand on her leg as she followed Josephine. She gave a surprised look to Satine Kryze and turned to Ven in shock.

"You saved Duchess Satine?"

"You're friend is very brave." Satine said gently. She watched as Diana helped Alexandria stand and then everyone was on their way out to a small starship outside, boarding the ramp and after a few more shots fired at the ship, were flying through the skies over Mandalore.

"So, does anyone want to explain what happened?" Josephine turned to Ven with a glare.

IC: Sith Ghost
    Dathomir, Outer Rim

"The Scroll was an invention of the first force users." The Sith said with a shake of his head. "I admire you're commitment to the force. But you should always be mindful, this place can trick you into seeing only what you wish to see." The Sith turned and nodded at Ash. "Please come with me, I will take you to the scroll."

He started to walk away and smiled slightly to himself. As the darkness faded around them, the Sith led Ash to an open arena.

[​IMG]

The Sith turned back to Ash. "But first you must defeat me in battle." He reached down and activated his red bladed lightsaber as he took a fighting stance. "You must start thinking like a Sith if you want to defeat me."

IC: The Senate, Courscant, Inner Rim

The Sith that Knight Kandoori had grabbed slumped to the ground, and his friend backed up, activating his lightsaber and advancing on them with anger in his eyes. He used a force push to throw Knight Kandoori over and table and turned to Rez before swinging his lightsaber at him in an attempt to engage him in a fight.

Obi-Wan Kenobi continued to fight the masked Sith and narrowly avoided JR1-MSU as they jumped over several chairs. "I hope this isn't the best you can do." Obi-Wan taunted the Sith as they continued to fight. He winched as the Sith's blade caught him on the shoulder and rolled out of the way of the next strike.

"Give is the Chancellor!" The Sith demanded, glancing at Chancellor Mon Mothma. "Give her to us and I will stop fighting you."

"Is that why you attacked the Senate?"

[​IMG]

21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Dathomir, Outer Rim

Ash nodded back at the First Sith in understanding, at least regarding being mindful of ‘mind tricks’. Oh, he was mindful alright, down to the irony of the situation. Deception and misdirection were powerful darkside weapons, ones he’d already encountered. Their subtlety was not to be underestimated.

The part about the scroll being an invention of the first force users intrigued him, of course, but the reference was vague at best. It was intellectual bait, which he was very tempted to take. However, the focus of the moment would not grant him any of the answers he sought.

Without hesitation, Ash decided to follow this nameless First Sith.

The miraluka was led to an open area, which Ash could only describe as an arena of some sort. It would seem unlikely that such a place would have actually been built underneath the Forgotten Temple, since it was structurally unsound to do so, yet, here it was. Perhaps Ash was simply experiencing the sensation of moving, and all this was just his perceptions being altered by an inexorable force. It took Ash great effort to stop himself from simply sitting and meditating on what he was experiencing, instead of just letting it all play out.

The First Sith turned back to face Ash, then spoke plainly. “…you must defeat me in battle.” He declared. Well, that seemed to be the condition to win the scroll. It was quite simple and straightforward, or so he was led to believe. The First Sith reached down and activated his red bladed lightsaber as he took a fighting stance.

“You must start thinking like a Sith if you want to defeat me.”

Ash remained silent for a moment as he regarded his self-declared opponent. He noted the distance between the two and what possible attacks might be used to reach him as well as his own responses to such attacks.

“Think like a sith, you say?” he said, echoing the words just spoken. Ash’s hood was up, his hands still as they were before, and the force still surging around him and through him, like an invisible shroud.

“Then I ask you, are you referring to the sith race or the sith culture? or would it matter? Indoctrination denotes certain knowledge and behaviors. What I know of the sith is that of an outsider, thus, I can only think as myself and would not presume to think as any other being. However, if you speak of Passion, I know it well. Pain has been a long time companion, and likewise the thirst for Power. Even failure has been my teacher. I’ve lost much, but gained so much more.”

Ash took in a breath then, as he sharpened his focus and let the force flow between the two.

I have gained Strength and I have tasted Victory, but only through balance, not blindness. There is chaos all around me, yet peace at the center. I may be unarmed, but not weaponless. I seek Knowledge for the sake of Enlightenment, not bondage.”

Ash quickly banished a mental image of his former Master jabbing him about his verbosity. This was not the time or the place for such a memory.

“So, If I am to think like a Sith, then I bid you teach me.” He stated, offering a small nod.

Another thought, a memory, threatened to surface just then, but was also banished just as quickly. Ash had been nearly left permanently out of balance. Almost.

Never again

Indeed, it was time to recover the scroll and rediscover that which has been lost.

22. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Mandalore

Ven was a little out of breath throwing herself into a chair gathering her thoughts. Everything happened so quickly. The jedi appeared and got them out and rushed into a waiting ship, now she was being interrogated. Which to her was uncalled for and not the time. The slicer, now missing her preferred slicing gear, moved to Alex's side. Ven was kicking herself for not acting sooner and for not calling in the old man. It would have been better in her mind to be rescued by pirates than jedi. Especially with the look the Mirialan was giving her. She looked her friend over for injuries.

"You ok Alex?" she asked worry and care in her voice. After taking a moment she returned the glare. "You think this was my fault." She snapped at the older jedi, "we were here pulling a job, walked into a trap it happens sometimes. We got out of it. Found the Duchess as well...you're welcome." Yes she was being belligerent, overly so but, she felt trapped, and judged by people with their holier than thou stares. She might have trusted Alex but, to her Alex was a pirate first. These people were jedi through and through, a representation of the authority she flouted on a regular basis.

"Anything else you want to ask?"

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Knight Kandori in the Senate Chamber

Kandori absorbed the Forrce push, turned so as to land in a tucked somersault on the far side of Knight Rozic. She came to her feet and surveyed the room: the status of Master Kenobi and the Chancellor.

TAG --@Darth Rozic \ @TheSilentInfluence

24. Darth Rozic

Dec 27, 2015
    IC: Rez
    Rez was taken aback by the sudden escalation of events, out of nowhere Kandori was assaulted by a wave of force enegry, which she expertly managed to overcome before promptly dashing behind him. The Sith in front of him lurched forward and in a single move made a strike at Rez. Rez hesistantly arced his blade around as to parry the Sith's attack, following which he begun to counter strike, attempting to hand a hit on the warrior's torso.

Whilst dueling the Sith Rez was slowly shuffling back toward the nearest window, he knew he couldn't handle himself in a straight up duel with a Sith but if he outmaneuver him and push him out the window then it would be game over.

"Kandi, flank him!" Rez called out whilst making a slight gesture with his head, directing Kandori to the Sith's otherside. He wasn't used to taking charge but he knew that if he and his fellow Knight could get on either side of their foe it would be much easier to trap him.

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Kandori in the Senate

Kandori felt a surge of pride in her fellow Knight. He might be feeling all kinnds of trepidation but he was showing true mettle in taking charge.

She herad him call out to her and started moving to flank the Sith he was grappling with, unobtrusively removing her lightsaber from a side pouch as she drew nearer.

@TheSilentInfluence \ @Darth Rozic

Darth Rozic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.