main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Intervention: Echoes in Eternity (An Original Trilogy Game; Always taking new players!!!)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bravo, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: FARP Agent Barnes, FARP Agent Basset,Hangar Three-A, Far Reach Orbital Station.
    Florn

Jakku bounded on the spot before the squatting Organisation man, front paws first then hindquarters, purring an interrogative to the rising agent.

"What?" Barnes looked down at the Big Cat. "That wasn't me! Come on." With the sand panther at his heels, he retraced his steps with a light jog, stopping at a corner that would open out to where the escalator was, and aimed his E-11 at the carpet before his boots as he kept his back to the wall.

"Barnes from Bel Iblis, did you feel that?" Sounded through his earbud comlink, prompting the Corellian to take a hand off his gun and press it to the comlink.

"Of course I felt it. I lost the Mercs somewhere, and am going back to see what happened. Hold position in the hangar."

"Copy that."

Moving close to the corner, he felt Jakku nudge up against his calf, but noticeably did not precede him round the corner.
    He nodded to himself; Cervantes had trained the beast well.

He carefully peered around the corner, across the carpet - gold starbursts on a scarlet background - to the line of beings by the gold-plated railing, with their backs to him: the Major, the girl, and the other of the men he had brought with him.

The escalator was just now depositing the two intertwined figures of Basset and Lazarian onto the carpet, the Organisation operative clearly trying to extricate himself from the alien.

Voices drifted over: "Unknown number of enemy...things." He could not see who was speaking, either by body language or mouth movement.

"Karabast Basset! Get off me, there's a fight to be had!" Well, that was ole Lazer Brains, and obviously it wasn't the Empire down there, not if he wanted to fight them!

"Me, get off you?" That was Basset. "How about you let my arms go so I can at least stand up?"

"If this is the only way up, I think we can hold them down there."

Looking both ways, he made a crouching run over to them, particularly the tall, thin Drate, an Azaki lad from the planet Talus. Because they were evacuating the station, the black t-shirt he was wearing under the uniform padding, had a faded and cracked iron-on pic of him as a four-year-old standing next to the impressive sand castle that he had won a prize for that day.

"Drate, what's going on?"

The Farp trooper turned and looked down at him. "Hello Sir. Enemy contact. We don't have an ident-"

"Yes we do," Basset called from beside the Lasat, having to call past the Mercs who stood between them. "I saw a portal open by the reception desk."

"Oh," Drate waved down at the happy couple, "and these two eksters need to get a room."

Tag: Bardan_Jusik, Mitth_Fisto, Laine_Snowtrekker

Mitth_Fisto and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  2. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Chief Cervantes, Jedi Knight Johmer, Stormtrooper RNS-0205, Corellian freighter Vidhaftande, and Star Destroyer Hammer
    Main Hangar, Star Destroyer Hammer, edge of Florn System

Bent over with her eyes squeezed shut from the re-activated lighting, Chief Cervantes heard Grim's concerned tones: "You alright CeeCee?"

"Yeah." She called back, risking one eye by opening her right one, "just the lights going back on suddenly." She opened the other one and straightened, blinking to get them used to the brightness coming round the edges of her HUD glasses.

"Any progress on those spacesuits?"

She raised an eyebrow at how quickly the Merc adjusted back to business. "Gimme a minute to make sure I can see again."

Standing in the corridor where he had been for a few moments, Jedi Johmer was feeling proud of himself. Despite not living among other jedi for the longest time, and feeling that some of his skills were atrophying, he had somehow detected the surge of power throughout the ship, or something, and shut his eyes not a second too soon.

"You've still got it." He congratulated himself, then cocked his head, as if listening for something. "Uh-oh. I better warn her."

Opening his eyes, he stepped forwards, moving ahead and past the Merc as he adjusted to the light himself, the both of them encountering the Organisation femme in the middle of a curved corridor. "Chief, we may have complications."

She nodded up at him and Grim, unphased by the not un-expected news. Boarding a Star Destroyer was like getting an unopened box of chocolates. This jedi announcing problems was the stage of pulling out the pictorial chart of what the chocolate shapes and contents were.
    "Talk as we walk." She turned, following the arrow indicated by her HUD. "This way to the living quarters on a YV-560."

"I think the Empire has a Force Sensetive of their own, somewhere close." Johmer explained.

"Close?" She echoed, stopping by a sealed oval metal door to the right. The barrier snapped up out of sight blindingly fast when she pressed the door controls on the side. Two bunks with green blankets stretched neatly over them, were immediately visible from the doorway.

"Yes, close. No immediate sense that he is coming here, but he definitely sensed my presence."

Escape Pod Area 3

The helmetless stormtrooper fired his blaster carbine up the corridor at the enemy, whilst behind him, several desperate survivors crowded the open hatch of an escape pod.

"Are you all in, yet?" RNS-0205 called over his shoulder as he carefully stepped back over the bodies of deceased comrades. Now really was not the time to be tripping or losing his footing.

Tag: galactic-vagabond422

The Vanguard likes this.
  3. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    IC: Swifts
    Far Reach Station, Florn System

"Hello Sir. Enemy contact. We don't have an ident-"

"Yes we do," Basset called from beside Laz, having to call past the Mercs who stood between them. "I saw a portal open by the reception desk."

Swifts turned her head to see who the agents were talking to. Barnes! He'd returned.

"Oh," Drate waved down at Laz and the agent whose name she assumed was Basset, "and these two eksters need to get a room."

Eksters wasn't a word Swifts knew, but she had a feeling it was one that 'Uncle Neb' would use soap for if she said it. What was more worrisome was Basset's report of a portal--what could do that?

"Sorry, maybe I'm not as briefed thoroughly as I should be," Swifts said, hoping her anger and her worry weren't bleeding into her voice, "but not all of us can identify something through it opening up a portal. What's down there?"

TAG: Sith-I-5, Bardan_Jusik, Mitth_Fisto

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: I really should have thought this through. Oh well, too late now.

IC: Pirate Cendink, SG-12 "Twelve", captured Starrunner, and the Star Destroyer Gaurantor, respectively
    Edge of Florn System

Clad in his garishly coloured armoured spacesuit, Cendink wedged himself against the vestibule wall as the several inch gap in the outer airlock door, rapidly sucked atmosphere past him, and out into space.

He had a boot hooked under the wheels of a commandeered drink's trolly, the thin metal top, designed to hold several full bottles or glasses, instead was bent under the not inconsiderable weight of a crimson-nosed Krupx MG7 proton torpedo that lay along the thin sheet of bronzium.

One hand tried to pull the trolley closer to him, rather than have him pulled to it.

ISD Hangar

SG-12 peered at the gaseous gush of what he assumed to be the air, emitting from the breached hatch, but it did not seem to be getting wider.

The scout trooper sauntered into the hangar and asked if they were ready to board, which snapped him out of his contemplation.

"Yes yes, ready to board." He blurted, whirling towards the waiting craft and striding up the ramp after DVE-0012. "DeeVee, advise tractor control that if anything leaves that Starrunner before we dock, they are to grab it and push it down beyond the ship. Cade, if you are flying us, we are docking at that airlock that is opening."

In the cylinder that he arrived inside, it was standing room only for the twenty or so armoured troopers in there, with a clear path to the ladder which led down to the lower of the three cylinders where the TIE crew were.

The TIE Transport jumped a metre off the deck as soon as everyone was aboard, the ramps retracted and the doors sealed, and made a beeline for the captured, but likely still dangerous, pirate vessel.

Tag: The Vanguard

Sinrebirth and The Vanguard like this.
  5. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Owen Byrne
    Vidhaftande

"Gimme a minute to make sure I can see again." Cervantes replied to the soldier's question.

"Understood." Was all he said maintaining his post next to the leader of this little mission.

"Chief, we may have complications." The old man said moving past Owen.

"What kind of complications?" Grim asked, before he could get an answer Cervantes jumped in.

"Talk as we walk." She turned, guided by a compass the Merc couldn't see. "This way to the living quarters on a YV-560."

"I think the Empire has a Force Sensitive of their own, somewhere close." Under the faceplate Owen grimaced, Force Sensitive, here, he thought they were focused near the core, or hunting down renegades. What was one doing out here?

"Close?" CeeCee followed up opening the doorway to what looked like sleeping quarters. A simple affair for a simple ship. Owen slipped past the woman and began looking for the spacesuits she mentioned.

"Yes, close. No immediate sense that he is coming here, but he definitely sensed my presence." Owen's head snapped around at those words, sensed a presence, how does that even work. This mission was getting more and more confusing all the time.

"Well there goes your surprise soldier." His father growled in the back of his mind. "You have two options, flee, or double time. Seems the enemy knows you're here but, not exactly. I don't suggest staying here much longer. Unless you want see what a blaster bolt tastes like."

"Well then, we shouldn't stick around." The armored man said aloud picking up the pace of his search.

TAG: Sith-I-5

Sinrebirth and Sith-I-5 like this.
  6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    GAME ANNOUNCEMENT

Below is an edited version of what I sent the Staff several days ago...

It is with the most heavy of hearts I must---at least for the foreseeable future---step away from TFN and the Boards. I don't know how long my leave will extend and thus, regrettably, I must politely ask that we steer Echoes to a temporary shut down until such a time I can resume time on the Boards. And that is a time frame I really have no control over whatsoever.

This isn't stepping away from Echoes; more-so, this is stepping away from the TFN & Boards in its entirety due to professional career & family circumstances that must be given priority over everything due to their sensitivity. What little time I have left Monday through Friday must be dedicated to family concerns with my wife and professional career pursuit (aka sleep after my 12 hour days); the weekends are the cornerstone right now to building a healthy and strong marriage, something I must give more time to.

After 9 years of Game Mastering Intervention and later Echoes, part of me is extremely tired---ready for a new chapter in an old book. I feel that I have given everything I could to the dream of Intervention Series that has grown beyond my wildest dreams in two games (and Staff & Players that I can't say enough good things about). And in saying that, I don't know how much more I have to give after 9 years. The last three years (since 2013) have been very trying to keep a modest presence in the world of written role playing with everything over those last 3 years. While I don't ever see myself completely leaving this genre that I love so much (I started here in 2001, with RPing taking off in 2002 for me), I do see myself giving some time to rest, regroup, and reset.

I do dream & hope to return to TFN and the Boards---and more importantly Intervention & Echoes---but for right now, life and may I say our Lord Jesus Christ is pulling me in new directions I must follow in, at least for the near future.

With this post---at least temporarily---Echoes will be shut down until such a time I can resume appropriate Game Mastering duties. You may continue using the Rocketjock Eatery, as long as it stays within the guidelines of the RPF, as I do hope to return in the near future, but I have no realistic time frame as of yet as when that may be.

Thank you all for your time, commitment, and desire to role play with us in Echoes and join in with us in the greater whole of that Galaxy Far, Far Away...

God Bless,

Jason

Sinrebirth likes this.