main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Interviews with an author ~ IMPORTANT QUESTION~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kit' , Jul 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Thanks Miana! :)

That's right! There is only seven days left. If people could please return their interviews as soon as possible, then it would be much appreciated :)

Here's the final interview list. The linked index should go up in the next couple of days. :)

Here it is the updated list of names.

Here are the list of people nominated and interviewed and so forth.

People interviewed:

1. Jane Jinn
    2. HaiGan
    3. Lisse
    4. Jemmiah
    5. Jedi Galadriel
    6. Blindman
    7. Mistress Renata
    8. Talon Squad Leader
    9. Rebel Mom
    10. Amidala_Skywalker
    11. ArnaKyle
    12. Mcily_Nochi
    13. red_rose_knight
    14. Melyanna
    15. Julie
    16. Herman Snerd
    17. Healer Leona
    18. Derisa Ollamhin
    19. Jeff42
    20. Calmity-Jinn
    21. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar
    22. Casper Knightshade
    23. Cynical21
    24. Val solo
    25. Qui-Xux
    26. Darth Tim
    27. Lilith
    28. Mouse2
    29. JKOW
    30. Excalibur2358
    31. Grand Admiral Jaxx
    32. Padawan_Di-lee
    33. Jedi Alman
    34. Neon Star
    35. Jedi Jae
    36. Padawan Lunetta
    37. Jacinta Kenobi
    38. J_K_Dart
    39. ami-padme
    40. Ginger_Jedi
    41. Angel Queen
    42. Sache8
    43. Shanobi
    44. NarundiJedi
    45. Ty-gon Jinn
    46. DarthSnuggles1121
    47. Jedi_Anakin_Solo
    48. Calias Kenobi
    49. Rokangus
    50. Renton Kenobi
    51. LukeSkywalker2001
    52. Sebulba2179
    53. Jedi-Princess-Solo
    54. Jade243
    55. Runaway Shadow
    56. Marawannabe
    57. Shezan
    58. Queengodess
    59. Sara Kenobi
    60. the_jedi_princess
    61. Jedi_Jaina_Durron
    62. Glad is June
    63. Darth Pipes
    64. TheFallen
    65. Jodiwent
    66. JediFalcon
    67. Marnie
    68. Imzadi

List of authors who have been interviewed but have not sent back the answers.

Princess sari
    Pallas Athena
    EmilleDarklighter
    Miana_Kenobi

**Hassle them people Hassle them **

List of authors who have been nominated and have replied to the request for an interview, but haven't been interviewed yet:

Kit' *

* Note: If you have any questions that relate to Kit' please send them to Imzadi

Updated: 23/11/02

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    DANG Kit! I didn't realize THAT many people have been interviewed!!

Also, cute sig! ;)

3. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    In our final week of interviews, we have promised to bring you some of the biggest and brightest stars on the JC fanfiction board! So, not to upkeep our end of the bargain tonight we have an interview with a very, very special author!!!

She's been here for just over two years and during that time she's 'wowed' us all with her amazing talent. Everything she touches turns to pure writing gold with her brilliant skills at characterisation, prose and dialogue.

So, without further ado, let me introduce to you....

Miana Kenobi!!!

Miana_Kenobi, could you give us some background information on yourself?

Long version: I'm a 16 year old junior who is currently attending high school in Southern California. I've amazingly lived here my entire life, the same house even. I consider myself a true "California Girl" on account that my favorite band is the Beach Boys (who I recently got to see in concert for the first time!), and the words "like", "sweet", and mainly "Dude!" are constantly used in my vocabulary (but I'm not a Valley Girl, despite my blonde hair color! :p ) I am captain of my band's drum line (and I am not a Band Twinkie, Sache, I am a Band Geek!), and in the top 5 of my class, which added together is a very stressful year! Unfortunately, I wasn't born to see Star Wars when it came out in 1977, and I never really knowingly sat down and watched the trilogy until the Special Edition came out, even though I had always watched Return of the Jedi and those Ewok Adventures as a kid, but I never knew that it was Star Wars (Can ya tell I loved Ewoks? ;) ). I'm currently starting to look into colleges, where I hope to major in Veterinary Medicine for Exotic animals.

Short Version: Born in CA, live in CA, probably gonna die in CA.

What first lead you to the boards? I understand you?ve been here for many years, what keeps your stay here constant?

When TPM came out, I was a frequent chatter in the AOL chat room "Phantom Menace." A friend of mine in there told me about this Fan Fic story he was reading called "My Dear Padme." It intrigued me, and he started emailing me some of the posts. I was hooked, and he didn't have enough free time to keep sending them, so he finally just gave me the URL. I lurked around for about a month (this was November 99), then finally registered (despite what my reg. date says, I know I registered earlier than that!) So my existance here is mainly in part to those wonderful authors: Jedi Master Mara Jade, Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand, Alderaan21, and many more! As to being here for many years, I guess I can call myself an oldbie, considering the fact that when I was a newbie, a Snowboard was something you use in the snow, UBB was around, and we had smilies that moved. Why do I stay? I guess the main reason is that I just love to read.

What is your perspective on writing, in general?

Writing, to me, is an art. It takes years to perfect, and even then, you can still do better. I don't consider my writting "great", but it's a heck of a lot better than what it was when I first started!

Do you think you?ll ever stop writing fanfiction, and move onto something else? Do you ever see yourself writing professionally in a few years time?

I never really thought about it, so I'll say "who knows." Whatever comes in the future comes, and if fan fic is in my future, then I guess I'm stuck with it. Professionally? *Laughs* Dream, yes, but in reality, no. It would be a wonderful experience, but I'm content at the moment with having a published piece of poetry. ;)

Have you ever tried to write a story that doesn?t involve Star Wars? If so, do you enjoy it more?

Actually, besides English writing assignments, I've never written a non-Star Wars piece. I guess I just don't have a big enough imagination to do one.

You?ve written an extensive amount of SW fanfiction in the time you?ve been here ? what is the main thing you?ve learnt from your experiences?

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, t

4. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Dude, Mi! This is, like, a totally like cool interview! I am like, just, y'know, whelmed, dude! ;) Unfortunately my reading list has gotten a wee bit longer, but hey, Thanksgiving break draws near. :D

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :p Seb. Ya know, dude, I'm like so tempted to thwack you. ;)

Again, big thanks to Kit and Amsie!

6. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    **whispers** Band Twinkie. ;)

Yay! Great interview, Miana! I especially loved how you said Ellia started out as a Mary Sue! I think that's true for a lot of our characters, particularly when we're newbies. But Ellia's a lot of fun, I'm really enjoying reading her adventures.

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :p

Aww... thanks Sache!

8. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Good interview, and it's good of you to remember your friend Julie again. Definately read 'Incurable' folks, and it's sequel going on called 'Life Goes On'; honest storytelling at it's finest.

On a non-related/related note: you are doing a good job, Kit'.

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :) Aww.. thanks, Casper.

10. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    MI!! *huggies*

Super interview, girl! Yeah, yeah, I know - I should have had it done ages ago, but I made you near the lucky last ;).

I loved hearing about your life and writing opinions.

Am [face_love]

11. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Seeing as there are three days to go before November 30th, and there are still three interviews to go (I haven't recieved mine yet :) ) I have decided to extend the interview thread for another week.

At the end of this time I'm still going to bring it to an 'offical' end, and either save the interviews that come in after that as the starting interviews for the next thread (YES! There will be another thread/extension on this one) OR post them up after the offical ending.

Does anyone have any preferences????

Kithera

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I say just hold them off until the thread starts again, Kit. You need to take a break from this, so don't worry about it until whenever the next one comes about! ;)

13. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Link should be going up soon :).

14. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    It's up!!!! It's up!!!!!!

Yippeeeee!!!!!! :D :D :D

Runs around the thread like she's had waay too much sugar~

This is soooo cool~! :)

Many thanks to Knightwriter, Kadue and JG. :)

And if no one gets what I'm talking about then have a squiz at the very top header! The link is up~!!!!!

Yay!

Kithera

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :) Congrats, Kit!!

16. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Hehehe, great interview, Miana! *stifled the urge to throw in 'like' and 'dude.' Aren't you proud?* 8-}

Congrats, Kit! And again, amazing job undertaking all these interviews!

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :) Merci beaucoupt, Qwi.

18. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Hey these interviews are really helpful! I got really intrigued with Mimicking a princess, and one of these days, I'm going to tackle the sequel... Great work!

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
  20. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Here's the index. :) After much discussion I've decided to do it alphabetically so that readers can easily find the author they are looking for.

The name of the author if first, followed by the page that their interview appears on in 20 posts per page, 25 posts per page and 50 posts per page respectively.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A

Amidala_Skywalker ~ 5 ~ 4 ~ 2
    ami-padme ~ 17 ~ 13 ~ 7
    Angel Queen ~ 17 ~ 14 ~ 7
    ArnaKyle ~ 7 ~ 5 ~ 3

B

Blindman ~ 3 ~ 3 ~ 2

C

Calamity Jinn ~ 12 ~ 10 ~ 5
    Calias Kenobi ~ 20 ~ 16 ~ 8
    Casper Knightshade ~ 11 ~ 9 ~ 5
    Cynical21 ~ 10 ~ 8 ~ 4

D
    Darth Fruitcake ~ 11 ~ 9 ~ 5
    Darth Pipes ~ 24 ~ 19 ~ 10
    DarthSnuggles1121 ~ 19 ~ 16 ~ 8
    Darth Tim ~ 12 ~ 9 ~ 5
    Derisa Ollamhin ~ 10 ~ 8 ~ 4

E
    Excalibur2358 ~ 12 ~ 10 ~ 5

G
    Ginger_Jedi ~ 17 ~ 14 ~ 7
    Glad is June ~ 25 ~ 20 ~ 10
    Grand Admiral Jaxx ~ 13 ~ 11 ~ 6

H
    HaiGan ~ 1 ~ 1 ~ 1
    Healer Leona ~ 8 ~ 7 ~ 4
    Herman Snerd ~ 9 ~ 7 ~4

I
    Imzadi ~ 27 ~ 21 ~ 11

J
    Jacinta Kenobi ~ 15 ~ 12 ~ 6
    Jade243 ~ 23 ~ 18 ~ 9
    Jane Jinn ~ 1 ~ 1 ~ 1
    Jedi Alman ~ 14 ~ 11 ~ 6
    Jedi_Anakin_Solo ~ 19 ~ 15 ~ 8
    Jedi_Jaina_Durron ~ 25 ~ 20 ~ 10
    JediFalcon ~ 25 ~ 20 ~ 10
    Jedi Galadriel ~ 3 ~ 3 ~ 2
    Jedi Jae ~ 16 ~ 13 ~ 7
    Jedi-Princess-Solo ~ 22 ~ 18 ~ 9
    Jeff42 ~ 10 ~ 8 ~ 4
    Jemmiah ~ 3 ~ 2 ~ 1
    J_K_Dart ~ 16 ~ 13 ~ 7
    JKOW ~ 13 ~ 11 ~ 6
    Jodiwent ~ 25 ~ 20 ~ 10
    Julie ~ 8 ~7 ~ 4

L
    Lillith ~ 13 ~ 10 ~ 5
    Lisse ~ 2 ~ 2 ~ 1
    LukeSkywalker2001 ~ 22 ~ 18 ~ 9

M
    Marawannabe ~ 23 ~ 18 ~ 9
    Marnie ~ 25 ~ 20 ~ 10
    Melyanna ~ 8 ~ 6 ~ 3
    Mcily_Nochi ~ 6 ~ 5 ~ 3
    Miana_Kenobi ~ 27 ~ 22 ~ 11
    Mistress Renata ~ 4 ~ 3 ~ 2
    Mouse2 ~ 14 ~ 11 ~ 6

N
    NarundiJedi ~ 18 ~ 15 ~ 8
    Neon Star ~ 16 ~ 13 ~ 7

P
    Padawan Di-Lee ~ 14 ~ 12 ~ 6
    Padawan Lunetta ~ 15 ~ 12 ~ 6

Q
    Queengodess ~ 23 ~ 19 ~ 10
    Qwi_Xux ~ 11 ~ 9 ~ 5

R
    Rebel Mom ~ 6 ~ 5 ~ 3
    red_rose_knight ~ 7 ~ 6 ~ 3
    Renton Kenobi ~ 21 ~ 17 ~ 9
    Rokangus ~ 21 ~ 17 ~ 9
    RunawayShadow ~ 23 ~ 19 ~ 10

S
    Sache8 ~ 18 ~ 14 ~ 7
    Sara Kenobi ~ 24 ~ 19 ~ 10
    Sebulba2179 ~ 22 ~ 18 ~ 9
    Shanobi ~ 18 ~ 15 ~ 8
    Shezan ~ 23 ~ 19 ~ 10

T
    Talon Squad Leader ~ 5 ~ 4 ~ 2
    The Fallen ~ 24 ~ 20 ~ 10
    the_jedi_princess ~ 24 ~ 19 ~ 10
    Ty-gon Jinn ~ 19 ~ 15 ~ 8

V
    Val Solo ~ 13 ~ 10 ~ 6

W
    Whiskey in the Jar-Jar ~ 10 ~ 8 ~ 4

21. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Yaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!! Cool index, Kit! :D Here's a challenge...link 'em all! ;) (Unless you'd like to get somebody else to do that...)

22. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Sebulba - I thought about linking them, but considering that took me like three hours, I don't know if I want to :) :p

If someone else *wink wink* does want to link them all then it would be most appreciated :)

Hugs
    Kithera

23. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    And now for a long awaited interview. She has been a prominent figure on the boards for many years now, always eager to put extra effort into making our little community a better place, a prolific author, and an encouraging reader.

Most of us would have read something of hers and if not, you?re sorely missing out. Her creations have become legend on the board and her contributions throughout the Jedi Council are well known.

She is kind, friendly, and a good friend of mine. May I introduce?

Kit?!

Kithera, can you give us some background information about yourself?

I grew up as an only child until the age of ten when I suddenly, within the frame of three years, gained four brothers and three sisters. Meaning I have the extraordinary total of seven brothers and sisters?it?s a lot at Christmas time, but I still love having them. They provide much of my inspiration for stories and child characters (the younger ones) as well as being great people to talk to and spend time with.

Growing up in a semi-rural area on the outskirts of Brisbane, I spent a large proportion of my childhood with my nose in a book dreaming about being Robin Hood or Sara from ?A Little Princess?, any hero I could get my hands on. I have to admit that I spent most of my teen years like that too! Currently I?m studying teaching at Uni and working at a major department store over the Christmas holidays. I love both jobs immensely as I can work with kids and more importantly finally understand why all my teachers did those strange things classroom teachers always seem to do

When did you first see Star Wars? What did you think of it?

At sixteen I decided that I was going to have my birthday party in the city and go see The Phantom Menace. I have to admit that I didn?t really know much about Star Wars. I knew the basic story and who most of the characters were, but I hadn?t ever really seen it. Once at a party when I was about seven I?d been playing in the pool and had run into the house to get something to eat. I?d passed the tv, which had been playing Empire Strikes back (the scene where Luke is carrying Yoda). I think I told whoever, was watching that Star Wars sucked.

Trust me, I?m eating my words.

Anyway, I went to the Phantom Menace with my friends and was just blown away. It was so fantastic, I couldn?t believe how I had missed seeing Star Wars for so long! I spent the next couple of days buzzing and saw it a couple more times. After that I was hooked and have remained that way ever since.

How did you first come across the boards?

About the same time as I first saw Star Wars I was doing up a birthday scrapbook for a friend who just happened to be a very, very big Star Wars fan. I was scouring the net for any pictures I could find and just stumbled (as you do to the biggest Star Wars site on the net) onto the Force.net. After that the Jedi Council boards just piqued my interest one day and I managed to stumble onto the fan fic boards. Three and a half years later and here I am!

Had you written much before than, and what made you decide to start writing fanfiction?

Not much really. I had written some Slider?s fanfic, but it hadn?t really been received very well. Other then that, I?d been writing original pieces over the years, mostly in late primary school. With my habit of creating excess characters some of the pieces had like five main characters and it was far too hard to keep going ? I don?t know how Enid Blyton did it. :p

Having joined in October ?99, you?ve witnessed a lot on the boards. What are some of your favourite memories from back then?

I came in at the end of the Hojo and Gonk knight phenomena (which really dates me!) and so I have really seen the forums expand over the years. It used to be much smaller community and very tight knit. Now it has expanded which means there is a far larger diversity of authors and story types. It?s also gone from quite laid back to almost professional for many people. It has both its goo

24. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Excellent interview, Kit! And great work on the index, the thread, and everything else! A special cheer for Kit! Hip, hip, a leg!

I do remember you calling me Jedi Jane, but don't worry about it, Kit. I just smile fondly, remembering the good times.

25. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Fascinating interview, Kit' - and thanks for all the hard work you've put into this. It was a great idea, and I'm looking forward to the next installment. :)

Mel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.