main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Interviews with Authors version 4.0 - interview with JediMara77!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by FFAuthorInterviews, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Halloween is my favorite holiday!

OMG! You to!? :eek:

I am a devoted child of the 80's. The music and cartoons of that era are my favorites! I've made it a point to pass on as much of that sickness to my son as possible. We own all the lion Voltron DVD's and all of the Galaxy Ranger ones as well. Of course some of the best movies are from that era as well. Real Genius, Back to the Future, Indiana Jones! The list goes on and on...

*nods* None of this surprises me. There had to be a reason we've been friends from the get-go, we share a brain.

I happen to have great taste, in well... pretty much everything. :D

Wonderful interview, ladies. =D= I enjoy your work Cris, even if I get behind sometimes, I always catch up. Your humur brightens my day. :)

2. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007

I really enjoyed doing this interview. I think I had just as much fun reading what I had said too! lol Thanks for the opportunity!

3. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    jadesabre75 - I haven't seen you around in awhile!!! and it is so nice to see your interview! You and I have a lot in common too!

I HATE chick flicks. Can't stand them, but I like romance. Crazy I know. I am not a girly girl and I think that's probably why. I like my action with a little romance is what I like to say. They all make plans to go and see Sex and the City...I would much rather go see Wolverine. I've just always loved action movies. I didn't watch many movies growing up, at least not popular ones. I, of course, watched the Star Wars movies. My mom was big into the Indiana Jones series as well. Top Gun, James Bond and B horror movies were what I watched growing up. Which is funny because my mom loves romance movies.

Your mom sounds like my mom. I got my love of action movie from her too. She apparently hates the classic, she just likes the movies that go boom.

I have only seen a few chick flicks and I have to be in a certain mood too!!!

I loved your interview! So glad these are back!!!

4. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Jadesabre75!!!!! Yesness! What a fun interview!

And squeeing over the Trek movei? A no brainer! Drooling all over the keyboard as I read/write S/U -- a constant feature.

:)

Yes, I never knew what "snark" really, really was until Sab wrote it. [face_laugh]

[face_love]

6. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    As I said before we have multiple lightsabers in our house and Jake was on a SW kick at the time. It was about 10:30 at night when I heard the front door open. I jumped up to see what was going on and there stood Jake in his underwear, door wide open and lightsaber poised at the ready. I think I nearly peed my pants when I realized he was asleep for the most part. He hates that story by the way.

[face_laugh]

Great interview! Loved you pirate story. :D

7. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Thanks! I'm particularly fond of it myself. lol

8. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    Great interview, Ceillean and jadesabre75! That was a lot of fun to read. I'm looking forward to checking out those fics. :)

9. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    It was a whole lot of fun doing the interview. I love it when people like to talk. :D

10. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Thanks! I hope you enjoy them!!!

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Well, I definitely NEVER been accused of not talking enough. lol

11. FFAuthorInterviews

FFAuthorInterviews Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2006
    NYCitygurl interviewing Ceillean.

[b] To start off, tell us a bit about yourself.[/b]

Well, I'm a 28 year old crazy gal from tiny little Germany. When I'm not glued to my computer creating new stories in a galaxy far far away, I'm an assistant manager in a retail store. But my fulltime job is my family. My three year old keeps me up and running, let me tell you. ;)

When I do find a little time just for myself -- which usually involves not sleeping enough :^O I read all sorts of paranormal romance novels, I write a lot and listen to music.

[b] How did you get interested in Star Wars?[/b]

Honestly? Because I thought Han Solo was a hottie. :^O

I was thirteen at the time and Han Solo was the only reason I agreed to watch the Star Wars movies with my Dad. I never told him the reason why, of course. And before I knew it, I loved the story and the magic behind Star Wars and I've been hooked ever since.

I mean, the Force! Who would not want to be able to use the Force? I was amazed at the whole concept of being a Jedi.

But it was the Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn that sucked me into the EU and I've been stuck in the EU for more than fourteen years and I'm not planning on leaving it behind any time soon.

[b] How did you make your way to the JC and fanfic?[/b]

I was bored at work one cold November day in 2001 and I was surfing the net on the look out for decent Star Wars sites. And that's how I found the JC. Admittedly, when I first signed up, the boards freaked me out. Everything was so huge and intimidating. I posted exactly three times and then left for about three years again. I completely lost interest in Star Wars during this time as well but eventually I came back. I guess Star Wars is like an addiction -- you can't live without it.

I started writing fanfiction a loooong time ago. My very first fanfic was a crappy Sailor Moon story. I still own it and it's locked away in my basement, never to see the light of day again. It's an embarassment to humanity! [face_tongue]

I started writing Star Wars fanfic about four years ago, I think. I was reading a lot of fanfics here on the boards and it was actually one of iamobwan1970's stories that inspired me to take that leap of faith and start posting my own stuff.

But honestly -- I was so nervous that first time. I sat glued to the computer screen, checking every two minutes if someone had already commented.

[b] Tell us a little about that first story.[/b]

I don't even remember the name of that first story. :^O And it's not listed anywhere either because it had no plot whatsoever, the characters were amazingly bad and I had absolutely no idea where I wanted to go with the story.

It did have Kyp Durron as the main character, which is a recurring theme in almost all my stories, obviously. And my OC Liz was in it as well and I believe I had wanted to make it a drama but I never got that far. Surprisingly, there were a few readers back then and that sort of gave me the push to start more stories and to ignore the inner demon that kept telling me "Your stories suck." I still have to deal with that from time to time, making me believe that, when it comes to writing, I'm quite the perfectionist.

But it's the readers' comments that always keep me going. I wonder if the readers know how much their comments actually mean to a writer. Without these comments I would have nothing to kick me in the butt to keep on going. So thank you readers! Seriously, you're the best and your comments mean the world! [:D]

The second story I posted here on the boards was called "An Unlocked Soul". It was the first long story I had ever written. I was so proud of it that I actually had it bound into a book. It's standing on my bookshelf right now, staring at me and it reminds me that I [i]can[/i] write a full length novel if I want to. But even with this story I had problems sticking with a decent plot, making the characters believable.

Kyp was the main character along with OC Liz. The bad guys were OC's, along with Kyp's future best friend, named Nikk. I woul

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    A good interview for a wonderful author. :D

13. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    Great interview, NYCityGurl and Ceillean! =D=

I was wondering if you guys were going to mention Kyp.:p

But seriously, Ceillean's stories are always a delight to read, and home to my favourite OCs on the boards. Only Nikk Vox can get away with calling Luke a froggy face. :D

14. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    An Unlocked Soul was the first story I really remember reading by Ceillean. I loved it. Still do. Nikk....ROCKS!!!! I love Liz too. She's just perfect for Kyp!

Great job ladies! I enjoyed reading!

15. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Honestly? Because I thought Han Solo was a hottie.
    Damn good reason. ;)

I've learned that if you don't like the stuff you're writing, it'll turn out to be junk.
    Excellent point. :)

I've always wondered how you came up with Liz.

Great interview! =D=

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super duper interview Ceil. :* And I too think about Liz like she's "real" because she is & she's perfect for Kyp.

[face_love]

And I love your attitude toward writing and always making time for it -- matches mine and it's great because us readers can always know we'll have your stuff to look forward to.

:D

17. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Great interview!! I'm enjoying catching up on all these.

18. NSWFF_Interviews

NSWFF_Interviews Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2011
    Greetings, Interview-thread followers! :D NSWFF has recently opened up its own interview thread for business; though we don't have any interviews up yet with our lovely NSWFF authors, please feel free to check it out! :D

19. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Awesome interview Connie!!!

I think you helped make me a huge fan of Kyp and now I can't imagine anyone else with him but Liz!!

20. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    Fantastic interview Ceillean! Always nice to run into someone who has so much fun creating and fleshing out original characters :)

21. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments. [:D] They've brightened my day like you wouldn't believe it.

22. FFAuthorInterviews

FFAuthorInterviews Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2006
    Give it up for FelsGoddes! (interviewed by the crazy me, Ceillean)

Could you tell our fellow readers a little bit about yourself?
    I?m a freelance writer and copy editor. I write various how-tos, human interest and tip articles. I live in Indiana with my husband, dog, two cats and bird. I quit writing and reading fan fiction a few years ago during college. Writing fan fiction, doing various media projects, an internship and working did not mix well. After I graduated May 2009, I started rereading my Star Wars novels during lunch breaks at work. After Christmas, I finally caught up with Legacy of the Force and Fate of the Jedi. Long story short, a couple parts in the Millennium Falcon book inspired me to head back over here and seek out some fan fiction.

How did you get into Star Wars?
    It's my family's fault. I remember lying on the floor in our living room, staring at Jabba the Hutt on the old TV in the wooden casing. I couldn't read the white letters on the screen yet. I think that's my earliest memory. My parents would buy all three of us kids Star Wars items. We would watch the Original Trilogy on road trips. All five of us saw the re-releases in the theater and the prequels together.

When did you start writing fanfic? Is Star Wars the only genre you write in?
    I started writing in 2000 or 2001, I think. It was sometime around that. I believe my first piece was a one-shot about Han and Leia during NJO. I did not start posting online for a few years. I lurked at various websites, including here, for years. I'm not sure what made me finally register. I typed in various screen names and this is the one it took *shrugs.* The rest is history.

I've written pieces over Troy, Pirates of the Caribbean, House, M.D. and Harry Potter. I prefer Star Wars overall.

How did you find the JC? Do you post your fanfic elsewhere on the net as well?
    I would imagine I found the JC by searching Han/Leia fan fiction. That's how I found most sites. I can't remember exactly when I found the site.

I've posted fan fiction on a couple of other small forums and fanfiction.net. I've posted Harry Potter fan fiction on checkmated.com under another name.

Was there a specific reason why you started writing fanfic? Do you write original stories as well?
    I always wondered what went on behind the scenes of the movies. I started writing out my ideas during algebra class in 8th grade (bad kid, I know ). I was bored in class. I continued to write because I enjoyed it. I had always made up back-stories for my toys as a child. I suppose that habit carried over. I've written original stories. I've had an idea for a murder mystery I'd like to do. I wrote an original story for the 2010 NaNo and have a rather dark original story planned.

Most of your recent work features Jag and Jaina. What draws you to these characters?
    When I read the Young Jedi Knights Series and the New Jedi Order, I was around Jaina's age. Her character immediately appealed to me. She's strong, independent, loyal and completely capable of running her own life. Like Leia and Mara, she's a heroine that demands respect. She has faults like any other person. Her faults make her more real.

As for Jag? I love his character. His first full scene on the Tafanda Bay won me over. He stood his ground and told Fey'lya exactly where to shove it. He's been shaped and molded by a rigid society to be a perfect, emotionless solider. He breaks through the mold. He has lost three siblings. He never gives up. He's talented. We have a character that has been pushed and prodded by life but remains standing. I love his dry sense of humor. He doesn't like being a politician, yet he does his job as the Imperial Head of State because it has to be done. In addition, he's a pilot. I have a thing for pilots. tongue

In your opinion, what makes Jag and Jaina good for each other?
    Jaina and Jag's strengths and weaknesses complement each other. For example, Jag keeps Jaina grounded. She frees him from his restrictive nature. Their relationship doesn't stop them from be

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb interview Fels! =D= Wonderful DWB combatting tips :D

24. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Great interview Fels! :D

25. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Great interview, FelsGoddess! =D=