main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Into Another Day (Qui/Obi AU, Qui-Gon's Diary) Dear Diary Challenge 2008~~Updated 11/15~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Wonderful update.
    Love how Qui-Gon meets the Naberrie family and the way he feels about Naboo [face_love]
    Why do I still have that feeling that 'peaceful Naboo' will not remain as peaceful? o_O

Oh and, Actually I had her name as Camilla originally because that's how my spell check corrected it, but I thought it might weird you out Your name was the inspiration, it seemed a Nubian type name. Hope you don't mind
    Of course I don't mind! I'm flattered! [face_blush] [:D]

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm not surprised Qui-Gon feels more connected to the living Force on Naboo. It is a beautiful planet.

Nice to see the Naberries make an appearance.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

He sounds at peace on Naboo, and fancy thinking about thanking Palpatine.

It gives me shivers to think that one day Palpatine will be the cause of his death.

Excellent update.=D=

4. Jedi-Gon

Jedi-Gon Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2007
    Wonderful update!

Aw! I now have a mental picture of a tiny, insistive little girl dragging huge, gentle Qui-Gon all around a house. :p Downright adorable! [face_love] And a very good job at describing the family household. Homey, sweet, but realistic. :)

I am also having that feeling... It won't be peaceful for long, will it?

Grr! Thank Palpatine. BAH! Stop saying such things, Qui-Gon! It'll get you killed! (literally...)

Again, Amazing update, Master! :D Hope to see some more entries soon!

=D==D==D=

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Okay, it's peaceful. But for how long? [face_thinking] Can't wait for more! =D=

6. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Aw, I did indeed like this piece. Thank you for posting. :) Liked the little lesson about how the sweet is not as sweet without the sour, in different words.

Hehe, yay for sunlight and little children, and naps on a veranda, the joys of life. lol :p

7. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Confession: I only read the last entry. I was restless tonight and signed on, though I rarely do anymore.

I'm fairly certain I know what's going on just from our chats, but I'm looking forward to his encounters on Naboo. :D

Zonoma

EDIT: Doh! I think I read entry nine, not the latest one.

8. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Lovely that he stayed with the Naberries! But I have the feeling, like many other reviewers, that things won't stay peaceful for long.

Excellent update! =D=

9. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    jedidas3 I'm glad you're enjoying it so much, I really am :) I don't know why everybody is so worried :p Thanks for the kind words of confidence. It's been quite the challenge! So it's always nice to have reassurance :) Thanks for reading!

Qui-Gina-Jinn I don't know, but everybody seems to be feeling that way :p I'm glad you didn't mind! Thanks so much for reading!

Kelia The Naberries were fun to do :D I'll probably expand on them in my vignette series :D Naboo really was beautiful in the films. Truly gorgeous, especially on my HDTV :p Thanks for reading!

Gkilkenny How do you know he will? ;) In AU, who knows what will happen :D Thanks for reading!

Jedi-Gon That's exactly the mental image that came to my mind when I wrote the scene! :D I just thought to myself 'awwwwwww [face_love]' and had to come up with the whole Naberrie family :D I think there must be something in the water ;) Everyone's panicking ;) As far as Palpatine, well it IS AU :p [face_whistling] Thanks for reading!

VaderLVR We'll just have to see ;) Thanks for reading!

Cole_Kenobi Very true! We can't appreciate the good things we have without the bad. Hey nothing better than a nap on the balcony, IMHO :D Thanks for reading!

Zonoma Wow! It's awesome to see you poking your head in here :D As far as Naboo, I think it'll deliver ;) :) I hope you enjoy it!

Gina I figured you would like that especially :) I had so much fun coming up with the whole family, I'm going to have to write more on them. Thanks for reading!

A/N: Most of the information and detail about plasma mining and Senator Palpatine came from the Complete Locations reference guide. It isn't my own :) Uncle George owns all.

[b]Entry Fifteen[/b]

The ceremony is today at sunset.

I don't mind admitting I'm more than a little nervous about my first task as a Knight, but I'm well prepared. We rehearsed the ceremony yesterday and will again today, and I think I will do fine representing the Order to the best of my ability.

Yet, I still feel the burden on my shoulders and I find I miss my Master's reassuring presence, but the Force is with me even if my Master is not. As the ceremony draws closer and closer, I find myself drawing on it more heavily, to keep my center focus.

After this morning's rehearsal, Senator Palpatine asked how I was enjoying Naboo and I thanked him for asking me to come. How he knew so well that I wanted to be off Coruscant, I'll never guess, but he was right and he was amused when I mentioned it.

We had time to kill before the ceremony after the rehearsal, and rather than stand around, he took me on a tour of their plasma mining facility, which has it's own wing in the Palace. Darius has recently taken an interest in the efforts of Naboo trade, because as the planet's representative, it makes sense that he would be interested in something that is one of their chief exports. They sell to a group known as the Trade Federation, rather than managing the tedious affairs of finding markets themselves. I can't say that I blame them really for going through a middleman rather than handling business and trading on their own, keeping in check with regulations can be quite tedious.

The mining facility could be accessed two ways, behind a door in the palace hangar bay, or through it's own private lift tube. For safety's sake we took the lift tube and emerged on a level where there were two plexiglass doors, so that visitors to the room could see everything that was going on.

The plasma mining was quite a sight.

Darius explained how it all worked and he seemed quite knowledgeable. Deep in the heart of the planet, plasma is generated by natural ionization reactions and generators bring it up from the plasma veins below the surface to deliver it to the processing facility, which is where we were standing.

I could see the big machines driving deep down, obviously going into the planet's surface. They had covered containers so that

10. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    A nice little reprise before the ceremony...that was a lovely description! Another wonderful update and I'm sitting with baited breath to find out what's going to happen. I still have a feeling...[face_worried]

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Beyond the processing plant, we came to the generator room, which effectuates the power for the plasma mining. There was a large open pit, and a hallway of energy beams and a series of catwalks crisscrossing each other. Darius explained that the generator core used particle coils to disintegrate the plasma and the laser beams that turned off and on, are in response to potentially dangerous power outputs that occur irregularly during the plasma activation process.

As we stood there, taking it all in, I felt a slight disturbance in the Force, but before I could think further on it, it was gone.

Could this be where Qui-Gon will die years later? :_|

Lovely update! =D=

12. Jedi-Gon

Jedi-Gon Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2007
    :D Yay! A new entry! And a very interesting one, at that!

I love the concept of plasma mining... A very cool touch. I would find it interesting too, if I were Qui-Gon. It was all very genuine and light-hearted, and in one case, painfully so.

Beyond the processing plant, we came to the generator room, which effectuates the power for the plasma mining. There was a large open pit, and a hallway of energy beams and a series of catwalks crisscrossing each other. Darius explained that the generator core used particle coils to disintegrate the plasma and the laser beams that turned off and on, are in response to potentially dangerous power outputs that occur irregularly during the plasma activation process.

As we stood there, taking it all in, I felt a slight disturbance in the Force, but before I could think further on it, it was gone.

:_| Foreshadowing! No! This is where he'll die, isn't it? [face_worried] It is so painfully wonderful that you bring in all of these tie-ins to TPM. I like them and hate them at the same time. ;)

13. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Ahah, I love seeing him so confident and knowing in himself. Very neat. Liked the part about how he would his master's reasurring presence but he has the Force with him.

Very nice udpate. Thank you.

14. Kellia

Kellia Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2007
    Uh oh, Qui, don't be so quick to forget that fleeting disturbance in the Force.

The scary thing is, I even agree with the wisdom of selling directly to the Trade Federation...and we all know how that turned out.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

15. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Well I certainly hope in this AU Qui-Gon does not die in the pit.[face_worried]

A wonderful update and it is very interesting.=D=

16. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    I agree with the others in wondering if this is the same place where he later dies. :_|

Excellent update! :D

17. Jinngerbread

Sep 2, 2007
    jedidas3 Thank you, I'm glad you liked the description. :D I was trying hard to figure out what plasma mining would actually look like, as the book didn't show the actual process, just the location, and if I have a picture to look at as a reference point, I've found description is much easier. Thanks for reading!

VaderLVR64 Well I suppose it could be. [face_whistling]

Jedi-Gon That actually came from the Complete Locations guide I mentioned, I do wish I could take credit for it, but alas I can't. :p I'm glad I can elicit such a strong response, I admit, I was a bit nervous about all my TPM tie-ins but I just had to do them, I mean, it's Naboo. Thanks for reading!

Cole_Kenobi Yes, he's not very confident on his own abilities perhaps, just yet, but he IS confident about the Force. :D Thanks for reading!

Kelia I know, isn't that odd, it did make sense, I had always wondered why, the book explained it a bit more, and I just expanded it some. As far as the disturbance, well... Thanks for reading!

Gkilkenny So do I, yet we'll just have to see where fate takes us. :D Thanks for reading!

Gina Well it could be, like I told Kim. :p Thanks for reading!

[b]

Entry Sixteen[/b]

Remembrance Week is now officially begun.

My duties for the opening are done, but there is still much to do over the next several days.

For the ceremony there was a parade to the palace steps.

It was a grand sight with lots of noise and cheering crowds and I led them through the ceremonial treaty signing, a pact which indicated peace on Naboo that had been signed after the brutal wars. Then, it was my duty to pass the Ball of Peace to Queen Callet for her to hand to the Gungan Head of State, Boss Tuja.

It was really quite something.

The Ball of Peace felt warm to the touch, and holding it in my hand, the feeling that came over me, it was such an odd one.

Now, I realize inanimate objects aren't Force sensitive per say, but everything around us has some degree of sensitivity, as the Force itself is energy, whether static or moving. The midichlorians within us only make it easy for us to see this energy and manipulate it in ways other people can't.

I could feel the Living Force moving so strongly around me, in that moment. It gave me a boost of confidence and the reassurance that I was doing as it willed.

After the treaty signing was finished there was a large fireworks display and then it was time for The Feast of Memories.

The feast took place in the palace banquet hall. The room was large enough to fit the Room of a Thousand Fountains inside and still have some space to spare. There were small tables set up, designed so that everyone could intermingle and that all could be equal to the Queen and other officials.

It went on for several hours and well, as a growing young man, I appreciated that very much.

As far as the actual food itself, let's just say it did not disappoint.

Now is the Period of Remembrance.

The Feast itself officially ended and we dispersed to go where we would, to meditate and contemplate our life's journeys. We will assemble again tomorrow for more festivities, of course.

It's really difficult to imagine the roads and paths life can take. I've come a long way to get here. I struggled and worked to understand the Force, and went through testing and trials like everyone who listens to the Force. Yet, I'm still at the beginning of my career and only just now truly beginning to hear and understand the Force. Will I always understand? Doubtful, I'm not perfect. Yet, I'll do my best to follow where the Force wills.

Guessing where the Force might lead, well, always in motion is the future.

I merely have to have faith that the Force will take me on the paths that I should go.

18. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    He is so right he is still at the beginning of his career.
    He is enjoying the moment.[face_peace]

Thanks for the great update=D=

19. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    The Ball of Peace felt warm to the touch, and holding it in my hand, the feeling that came over me

Very interesting considering the role he will play in freeing Naboo in the Future and not being able to attend that celebration.

I loved his introspection at the end.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

20. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Great update!=D= I agree that it is fitting that he gets to enjoy the Ball of Peace since he will miss it later on. I'm thoroughly enjoying this view into a young Qui-Gon's life.

21. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Guessing where the Force might lead, well, always in motion is the future.

I merely have to have faith that the Force will take me on the paths that I should go.

So VERY Qui-Gon. [face_love]

=D=

22. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    It's really difficult to imagine the roads and paths life can take. I've come a long way to get here. I struggled and worked to understand the Force, and went through testing and trials like everyone who listens to the Force. Yet, I'm still at the beginning of my career and only just now truly beginning to hear and understand the Force. Will I always understand? Doubtful, I'm not perfect. Yet, I'll do my best to follow where the Force wills.

I especially loved this part. It is so in keeping with his character. =D=

23. Jinngerbread

Sep 2, 2007
    Gkilkenny He really is right at the beginning and very much enjoying living in the moment. Thanks for reading! :)

Kelia He still wants to know why everyone keeps writing him off on attending. ;) Thanks for reading!

jedidas3 I'm glad you're enjoying it, I'm having fun writing him, for the most part ;) He frustrates me sometimes though. :p Thanks for reading!

VaderLVR Thanks! I'm glad you think so! :)

Gina Thank you dear! I have been trying hard to keep him in character. :D Sometimes it's easier than others. :)

[b]
    Entry Seventeen[/b]

I hate the Medical Ward.

No offense to Han'yaie and his staff, but I'd just as soon rather be elsewhere.

Like back on Naboo.

Or listening to a Senate speech.

Anywhere else really.

I know I have a lot of catching up to do as the last I wrote in this journal, I was on Naboo enjoying a nice peaceful mission and now I'm in the infirmary.

Speaking of peaceful, why can't my room be peaceful? There's been a constant flow of people in and out. How am I supposed to get any rest if they keep coming in? If one more person asks me how I'm feeling, I think I'll have to retort with, "What do you think?" I know they mean well, I really do, but it's not helpful. Yes, I'm a bit grumpy. I would meditate, but I keep getting interrupted.

And there's another knock on the door, so I'll have to catch up later.

24. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

You are so right it is annoying when you want some
    quiet and every one disturbs you[face_sick]

Short but sweet post=D=

25. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Yes, I'm a bit grumpy. I would meditate, but I keep getting interrupted.

Oh poor Qui!

I couldn't help but giggle at his predicament. That's just so typical of what happens to everybody when their sick or have been injured.

Speaking of which, what happened to the poor guy? :confused:

Of course, knowing your love for Qui-Gon, it's unlikely it's anything serious :p

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.