main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Into the Black - a Star Wars/Serenity fic (OT) - Update 02/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Miana Kenobi, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gardener

Gardener Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2006
    hee hee....

more more more please, and soon!

(i can't take another long wait again - ask Ish and Katey - it nearly killed me)

2. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    *grins* I can totally see Jayne doing that. (the whole crossing arms thing) [image=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/legomania5/Icons/3319210.gif]

:p :p

Now here's the question: Did Wash go on and on about Zoe again? :p

Ack! THey found Simon and River! This is defintely not good. :eek:

3. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Great scene. Maybe next post you could add some more of the crew blowing Gollan's mind, a la Bushwhacked? :D

*waits for River to kick everybody's ass*

4. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    No! Don't kill Gardener!:eek: You must update soon!:p

This reminded me of the reaver-boy episode very much. Come on River, kick their butt!

5. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    I second Sebulba: release the River. :p Well, I expect that'll happen in good time. ;) The *cough* interview bit reminds me of the episode when they're boarded by the Alliance. Also love the line about no cannibals surrounding Alderaan. Anymore, anyway. :p

It'll be interesting to see where this goes, especially with the looming mix-up of "Alliance."

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    OYE! You're hotlinking my picture! :p

*sigh* I need a laptop so I can work on stuff when I'm back here at my parents house. [face_tired]

7. Gardener

Gardener Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2006
    Wait - why am I being killed? And by whom? I think I lost the thread of conversation there, SpiritofEowyn...
    (miana: great story! update soon, please!)

8. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Gardener:(i can't take another long wait again - ask Ish and Katey - it nearly killed me)

Miana must post to keep you alive, the wait is obviously killing you, now be quiet, you're ruining my brillant guilt skeam to get Miana to update sooner!:p[face_mischief]

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Sorry, guilt trips don't work on me anymore. ;)

10. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Dang. Does that mean I'm going to have to resort to Jedi mind tricks and money?

... or cookies?

11. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Indeed, she may be swayed by Oreos!

12. Gardener

Gardener Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2006
    Who isn't swayed by Oreos? How about knitting, or random food and craft services? I'd offer to write a story right back for you, but I'm still a lurker-newbie.

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Oooh, Oreos work. :D

14. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    Awesome chapter. Jayne scares some Imps (always a good thing in my book), the Imps are confused, and River and Simon are found.

Let's see . . . well, if the Ambassador is from the Unknown Regions, wouldn't it make sense for them to see things that didn't exist in the Empire? Of course, no one has ever accused the Imps of being smart.

Wonder what River's going to do. It already sounds as if she or Simon tried to fight back. Strange, as I can see it being Simon trying to protect River while she's just standing around, curious.

Great chapter!

Here's some virtual Oreos.

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Independence1776: To the crew of Serenity: congrats on confusing the Empire! They deserve it. Hehehe. Indeed they do.
    Yes, Jayne's reaction to being interogatted is wonderful. Or more precisely, I loved the Imperial's reaction. I love Jayne, if you can't tell. :p
    Yes, trying for the most logical explanation possible about why they are there... Imperials... Can't even figure out when someone is telling (mostly) the truth.
    I do have the feeling that the Imperials had the room where they left the remainder of the crew bugged. So mentioning their Alliance (nor would Jayne speaking) wouldn't exactly be a good thing...
    When is Jayne speaking EVER a good thing? ;)
    Uh- oh... Now we get to see River's reaction to everything... A scuffle? Could she already be fighting back? [face_mischief]
    Great update! Thanks!

Healer_Leona: Yep, I can see Mal being pretty amazed at the techie side of SW and that he wouldn't want it to show. I thought about writing that from Kaylee's POV, but I'm not technical savvy, so I wouldn't do it justice.
    Can'thelp but giggle with delight, it's so Firefly!!
    Ahhh, Gollan's having a tough time cracking their stories?? Good.
    Hehehe.
    Arrrgh, no, they found Simon and River??? I look forward to knowing waht they think of them. :D
    Awesome post Miana. Please keep the PM's coming. Will do and thanks!

DarthIshtar: NO! NO! NO! NO! DON'T BRING RIVER TO GOLLAN! BAD MIANA! Awesome post, though. I love Jayne unnerving an Imperial. O:) Compared to some of the Imps, Gollan's not that bad. At least he's not a Niska. :p

Gardener: hee hee....
    more more more please, and soon!
    (i can't take another long wait again - ask Ish and Katey - it nearly killed me)
    Hey hey, no dying! It's not allowed. :p

CodeName_Targeter: *grins* I can totally see Jayne doing that. (the whole crossing arms thing) Now here's the question: Did Wash go on and on about Zoe again? It's JAYNE. :p And Wash... lol, no. I couldn't beat the scene if I tried.
    Ack! THey found Simon and River! This is defintely not good. [face_devil]

Sebulba2179: Great scene. Maybe next post you could add some more of the crew blowing Gollan's mind, a la Bushwhacked? Like I told Jenn, I couldn't beat that scene if I tried, so I didn't even try.
    *waits for River to kick everybody's ass* The Imps don't have Oatie bars. :p

SpiritofEowyn: No! Don't kill Gardener! You must update soon! Ask and yee shall receive!
    This reminded me of the reaver-boy episode very much. Come on River, kick their butt! Hehehe. Not yet. :p

Amidolee: I second Sebulba: release the River. Well, I expect that'll happen in good time. The *cough* interview bit reminds me of the episode when they're boarded by the Alliance. Also love the line about no cannibals surrounding Alderaan. Anymore, anyway. But cannibals are fun! :(
    It'll be interesting to see where this goes, especially with the looming mix-up of "Alliance." I just want to get to the Han meets Mal bit!

LadyLunas: Awesome chapter. Jayne scares some Imps (always a good thing in my book), the Imps are confused, and River and Simon are found. Hehe. Thank yas!
    Let's see . . . well, if the Ambassador is from the Unknown Regions, wouldn't it make sense for them to see things that didn't exist in the Empire? Of course, no one has ever accused the Imps of being smart. Of course. The Empire thought they could beat teddy-bears. [face_laugh]
    Wonder what River's going to do. It already sounds as if she or Simon tried to fight back. Strange, as I can see it being Simon trying to protect River while she's just standing around, curious. Read ahead. :)
    Great chapter! Thanks!
    Here's some virtual Oreos. w00t! Oreos!!

And now, a long(er) post!!

As a person in general, Simon Tam was the la

16. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    The misunderstanding about the Alliance is still the best part of this whole thing. That and the whole thing with Simon in a fight.

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    OOooh, sweet pic of Jayne. [face_love] [face_love]

Very nice description and insight into Simon. LOL Simon, while he liked to think of himself as a well-built man, knew that Kaylee could probably beat him as well.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] But he's probably right! Mmmm, not good. While Inara's story works well for the crew, it still means that Simon and River have valuable info for Vader.

I want more. :D :D

18. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    The Alliance confusion is working for them so far. It will be interesting when they find out it's a different alliance.

19. Yodan

Yodan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    I forgot about this fic... [face_blush] I'm glad to see it updated though, it's very interesting.

I can't wait for the crew to meet Vader... [face_skull]

20. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    OKay. I have signed on too.....

I caved in and watched "Serenity" this last Friday with my son Jayson. We really liked it.. so we know we want to watch the rest. I think I am going to drag my aunt into it, because she likes to be in on SciFi trends.

Its this Provo Fanforce thing you see: We have so few venues for corrupting people we have to be good at the ones we are allowed! So they got to me on not just one but now TWO levels!

Great story, and I LOVED the map on Page one. Totally works for me!

21. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    :D Loved the confusion about the Alliance and Simon's apt apprasil of himself.

Thank you!

::spreads the signal::

22. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    Oh- no. This is really not good... Poor River. *laughs* Poor Simon. He doesn't know what to do!

Vader... this is not going to be good. If River meets him, I feel sorry for the both of them.

Hmm... will they get rescued by the good guys? *blinks* I can just see it. Leia says something about the Alliance, the crew of Serenity gets all worried, and everything needs to be explained... Oh, there are so many ways that could go.

Great job!

23. SHADOW_MASTER_W

SHADOW_MASTER_W Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2005
    Great stuff!!!! Love the Alliance confusion!

Vader and River. Hmmmmm. River would be easy to turn to the Dark Side as her mental instability
    makes her vulnerable to the insanity of its pull.

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    That's the one thing I've found about Firefly; it's REALLY easy to get people hooked. My dad (an operating room technician) has converted about 4 of the doctors and several of the normal staff to it. :D

Welcome to the insanity! [:D]

25. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    Oh, wonderful update!

Poor Simon- he's so confused about the blasters. And curious. I'm not sure that's a good thing. At least Inara was able to make a decent-sounding excuse for why they were hidden away.

Aargh. Two Alliances, one good and one evil. Mal is going to be so confused about it. I can't wait for those scenes.

The scene I am worried about: Vader meeting River, if they do meet.

I became hooked on Firefly after Serenity came out. My friend had Firefly and she refused to let me see the movie until I saw the show. And that's that. I aim to get some of my friends hooked on it soon, when DRL doesn't have us all.

Oh, do you have a PM list? If so, would you mind adding me? Thanks.

I look forward to the next chapter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.