main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Into the Storm (Action/Drama, L/M, H/L, Vader, Palpatine) COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by blank101, Jan 30, 2009.

1. The-Solo-Smirk

The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2008
    See? I knew there was sth weird going on with his eyes! [face_hypnotized]

Just saved it on my PC! I'll get back to you with a review! Thanks! Bored no more!

excerpt with comments on its way back to you!
    Thank you again for sending it - I've enjoyed reading!

2. blank101

blank101 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 20, 2008
    The Solo Smirk

Hey, hey! :D

""A big THANK YOU! to Blank and Jedi-2B for writing and sharing such a wonderful story which, by the way, saved me from dying of boredom on more than one occasion!
    The best stuff I've ever read regarding quality/style of writing and suspense/angst - which is my favourite FF theme, I admit that I am biased!
    @};- [face_dancing] [face_good_luck] *throws confetti and candy*""

Yaay! Thank you! So glad you enjoyed it, and many thanks to Jedi-2B for persuading me to take the leap and post the story here, as well as betaing it's a$$ into shape!

""Because of what he had done, Vader realized! Luke had looked to him for that same concession onboard the Executor when he had asked Vader to free his companions?some acknowledgement of a deeper connection?and Vader had turned away without compunction, seeing only his own goals.

A very adequate summary... relationship between father and son in a nutshell!""

And it will continue to be so in the next story, I think o_O

""Oh! the lightsaber fight! I liked how both of them knew the other one's weakness in battle!""

Thanks. I love writing lightsaber fights. I have to stop myself from going on and on [face_shame_on_you]

""Uh hu! Flying chairs and dark power shockwaves... [face_hypnotized] ""

Heh,heh. Don't EVER get in the middle of an argument between those two :p

""Leaving the saber buried up to the hilt in the floor?a hair?s breadth away from Vader?s head.

[face_laugh] Master of Suspense! ""

Heh,heh,heh - what, me actually tell you what's going on even a split-second before I have to? Perish the thought!

""EPILOGUE

They say there?s no solid information as to who he is, though rumor is that there are those here in the Rebellion?s hierarchy who know the truth.

Oh, I *LOVE* it!""

:D [face_blush] :D Thank you! More soon :)

Darth Vaderette

Hi, thanks for posting :)

""Wow, what a finish!
    I loved the story, please PM me with updates on the sequel, Thanks
    Anxiously awaiting the sequel ""

Glad you enjoyed it :) NO problem; I'll be sure to PM you. The sequel should start in a week or two, I think, when the fabulous J-2B and I (okay, basically me!) have our collective acts together ;)

Little Miss Nightsaber

Hi! :)

""Intense! I can't wait for the sequel. PM me when it comes.""

No prob. :D

""And i wonder what Sith name Luke will take and what is the fate of H/L? Will Leia become 'The Sword of the Jedi' and take him down? ""

That sequel's on the way...

""Thank you for posting this story, Blank.""

[face_blush] Thanks yourself for all the posts; Often said I know, but they really do keep me going :)

Darth Helinith

Hiya :)

""Congrats, Blank! An excellent read!""

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it - even if you were a bit worried towards the end ;)

""I'm so glad you didn't kill off Vader, a big hug for you!""

As if I would do that ;) yet....:eek:

""I can't wait for the next episode!""

Great to hear! :D Posting soon...

Jade eyes

""Great finish!""

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it :D More soon. :)

Kevin Solo

Hey, thanks for the post :D

""Well, that was quite an ending, blank! The duel between father and son in Chapter 24 was appropriately nail-biting. ""

Thank you! :) I love writing duels, they're so much fun to do.

""It was an impassioned cry, accusation and desperation both, a momentary glimpse of the idealistic boy Vader had faced over Bespin, proof that he still existed in some form, no matter how tattered.

?You?ve made me everything that I was fighting against, and I can?t step back?I can?t ever go bac

3. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Brillant! =D= I'm so looking forward to the next installment.

Bravo! =D= =D=

4. AniriRevan

AniriRevan Jedi Master star 1

May 21, 2006
    OMG!!!:eek:=D==D= That was great! I've been lurking for several chapters now and I got hooked. I can't believe it's over, though... The last chapter was so intense, I actually thought Luke was gonna kill Vader! I'm looking forward to seeing Mara in the next part.. Any hints as to when it's gonna come out?[face_batting]

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I finally caught up the ending was so intense. I thought Luke was going to go all the way and kill Vader.

Now if Vader only comes to his senses and drags Luke back to his senses. Haven't seen Leia or Han in a while.

Well done.

[:D] =D= =D= =D=

6. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    wow, Blank. I don't know what to say except that I'm fired up for the next part. To think--we're only 1/3 of the way through this HECTIC! story arc. I really, really thought that either Luke or Vader would die in the end, yet somehow, the way you wrote this ending is even more tragic. Despite trying so hard to rebel and being his own man, Luke is slowly curbing to Palpatine's will. Either that, or there is still a conflict in his heart as to where his loyalties really ought to be. And I suppose that's what Palpatine and Vader will take from this, respectively.

So this ends on a very ambiguous note, setting things up perfectly for the sequel. Hmmm. Add me to the PM list for that, please! I can't wait to see what happens when Luke must confront Han and/or Leia.

7. blank101

Nov 20, 2008
    Jade Pilot

Hi, thanks for the post:)

""Brillant! I'm so looking forward to the next installment.
    Bravo!""

Thank you![face_blush] Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for your many posts, all greatly appreciated; sequel coming soon. :D

AniriRevan

Hello!:)

""OMG!!! That was great! I've been lurking for several chapters now and I got hooked.""

Heh,heh; great to hear it :D

""I can't believe it's over, though... The last chapter was so intense, I actually thought Luke was gonna kill Vader!""

So did Luke...more on that in the sequel [face_mischief]

""I'm looking forward to seeing Mara in the next part.. Any hints as to when it's gonna come out?""

Well, Mara's back with Luke in the first chapter. When will it get posted? I thinks it'll start maybe the end of next week or so. J-2B thinks it'll be better placed in the 'Beyond the Saga' boards this time around, 'cos timewise, we've gone past the end of the saga now. If you'd like a PM to let you know when, just let me know :) Meanwhile the pic for the sequel is up here

JediFalcon

Hey JF, thanks for the post :)

""I finally caught up the ending was so intense. I thought Luke was going to go all the way and kill Vader.""

Glad you enjoyed it; it was great fun to write. Yeah, I think Luke thought he was gong to, too o_O More on that soon.

""Now if Vader only comes to his senses and drags Luke back to his senses. Haven't seen Leia or Han in a while.
    Well done.""

Thanks [face_blush] :) Well, the sequel's jumped forward a big chunk of time, but Chapter one is Vader and Luke, and chapter two is Han and Leia, who both get a lot more to do this time round :) Coming soon!

8. blank101

Nov 20, 2008

Vivid Scripts,

Hey Vivid:D

""wow, Blank. I don't know what to say except that I'm fired up for the next part. To think--we're only 1/3 of the way through this HECTIC! story arc. I really, really thought that either Luke or Vader would die in the end, yet somehow, the way you wrote this ending is even more tragic.""

Glad you enjoyed it :) Next installment on its way.

""Despite trying so hard to rebel and being his own man, Luke is slowly curbing to Palpatine's will. Either that, or there is still a conflict in his heart as to where his loyalties really ought to be. And I suppose that's what Palpatine and Vader will take from this, respectively.""

Exactly! We're back to that 'certain point of view' ;) The truth? Coming up in chapter one of In Shadows and Darkness...in fact there wouldn't be a story without it.

""So this ends on a very ambiguous note, setting things up perfectly for the sequel. Hmmm. Add me to the PM list for that, please! I can't wait to see what happens when Luke must confront Han and/or Leia.""

You're on the list - a week or so now and it'll be up :) Han and Leia get a much larger parts in the sequel now, you'll be pleased to know. The first story set the scene and got all the major pieces in place...now we get to play! :p

9. blank101

Nov 20, 2008

[blockquote][blockquote][blockquote][face_peace] I'd just like to say a huge great big [color=darkblue]thank you[/color] to everyone who voted for Into the Storm [face_peace] [/blockquote][/blockquote][/blockquote]
    [hr]

[blockquote][blockquote][blockquote]Thanks to you, it picked up,

Best Epic
    Best Drama (tied)
    Best Canon Male
    Best Canon Female
    Best Villian
    Best New Author [/blockquote][/blockquote][/blockquote]

[hr]

[blockquote][blockquote][blockquote][face_hugs] [face_peace][face_happy] Again, many, many thanks [face_happy] [face_peace] [face_hugs] [/blockquote][/blockquote][/blockquote]

[hr]

10. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Blank,

So, Gabri's been urging me to read your stories for ages. And ages. Except that after 6+ years here I was so burnt out from Star Wars and the fan fic boards that for a while I could barely stir the interest to pop into TFN much less tackle an epic trilogy. So, I ignored her advice, even though she flailed like a drowning man over on her LJ for months and months over every chapter of your trilogy and in the back of my mind I knew that this had to be something good to get her going like this because even when I ignore her advice I know Gabri IS Mara Jade and therefore her advice is always sound.

In any case, recently I finally got some time to sit down and rest and so I clicked on this story and started reading. I read a few posts and then went to ffn.net and pulled every chapter from this story into a Word file and then printed it out so I could read without being tethered to my computer.

And then I read.

And read.

And read.

And somewhere in the middle of reading, when Luke busted Han Solo out of the Palace and Mara realized the extent of Luke's planning and how craftily it was done, I thought, "Wow, that Luke Skywalker sure is smart." And then I stopped dead and realized, "Holy mackerel, Blank101 is a flipping GENIUS!!!! All that planning and that brilliant writing and I was so drawn into this story that I forgot I was reading a story and got so into it I could see everything!!" And I kept on reading because the psychological twists and turns you put both Luke and Palpy through as well as the hoops that Mara had to jump to keep up with the whole mess had me completely riveted. I don't particularly like torture, and after I had morning sickness while reading Terry Goodkind's books, I stopped ever reading any of that stuff again, but your story was so well done that I couldn't put it down. I was literally carrying my hard copy of your story up and down the stairs and even reading it while I turned on the water for my shower and reading while I was blowing my hair dry and reading while I was waiting for my kids to pick out their bedtime story books. I stayed up until 2 AM to finish this story and I was SHIVERING by the time Luke knelt down to the Emperor and called him "Master" (And Gabri can tell you I don't shiver too often.)

This story was a wonderful, wonderful tour de force. You explored the psychological torture involved in making a Sith so beautifully and subtly, the evil just seeming to creep around the crevices of your readers' minds and wrapping delicate little tendrils around our subconscious so well that it was absolutely believable when Luke finally snapped. I wanted to stand up and applaud when I was done.

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!!! =D= @};-

Thank you for sharing your amazing story with us. I enjoyed it tremendously, and I'm so looking forward to the next two!

(Thank heavens I had the presence of mind to download In Shadows and Darkness while I was reading Into the Storm and to print ISAD out, because the very next morning, I was able to start reading that while I brushed my teeth. And while the car was stopped at red lights. And while crossing through NYC Chinatown to buy lunch. And while sitting through the principal's address at Back to School night. I'll post over at ISAD when I'm done, but I'm having a great time reading that one right now, too!)

Again, great job and write more!

[whispers]Thanks for the great advice Gabri![/whispers]

11. blank101

Nov 20, 2008

LadyPadme

Hi there! :)

Wow, I don't know how to reply to that fantastic post! Except thank you so much [face_blush] I'm so glad you got so much out of it and that you're enjoying ISAD now :D

Wow, hard copies - how heavy were they! I have visions of you lugging this huge great wad of paper around like a ball and chain until you've finished [face_mischief]

It's always great to hear when a story really connects, and that it was so believable for you. Particularly that Luke's fall was credible. I think I may have originally started this story as a reaction to the incredible speed with which Anakin turned in the Prequels - to me, one minute he was telling Mace Windu who the Sith in their midst was, then the next he was killing younglings! I mean, wanting to save your wife's life and so being forced into a corner where you protect the only man who you believe can do that - totally believable. Slice-and-dicing younglings the same night? A bit too fast for me! o_O But then a film has a very different pace of course, and you know George's motto 'Faster, more intense'

So I wanted to write a fall from grace that would be a slower, more gradual, more dynamic event, kind of like being caught in the event horizon of a black hole - painfully slow but utterly unescapable.

Plus of course, I just love writing Palpatine! :p [face_mischief]

""... I was able to start reading that while I brushed my teeth. And while the car was stopped at red lights. And while crossing through NYC Chinatown to buy lunch. And while sitting through the principal's address at Back to School night. I'll post over at ISAD when I'm done, but I'm having a great time reading that one right now, too!) ""

Heh,heh. My apologies for taking over your life for a brief time. Don't let the principle see you or he'll take it off you! ;)

""Again, great job and write more!""

Thank you so much! And I'm working on it :p [face_peace]

12. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Well I'm only up to chapter four, but I'm loving the story already. It's really fabulously done. I haven't read a story I enjoyed this much in awhile. I was wondering if you had it posted anywhere that I could read without the comments? I would finish it faster that way. :D

13. blank101

Nov 20, 2008

Jinngerbread

""Well I'm only up to chapter four, but I'm loving the story already. It's really fabulously done. I haven't read a story I enjoyed this much in awhile. I was wondering if you had it posted anywhere that I could read without the comments? I would finish it faster that way.""

Hi Jinngerbread :)

Sorry, I didn't know you'd posted! :( I hope you enjoyed it all though.

The version that's posted here is kinda the final version, and the one that I'm happiest for anyone to read. I am hoiping to try to get it admitted to the Archive here though, which would make it a single piece. Keep your fingers crossed! :D