main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Into the Unknown (AUTHOR QUESTION POSTED - Possible sequel?)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Melyanna, Oct 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rouge-reblekid

rouge-reblekid Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2001
    100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::FIREWORKS FIRING IN THE SKY::

2. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Mel won't be too pleased... She didn't get her own 100th post this time. :p

3. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Hey, I caught up! Only took me an hour or so. But it was time well spent. ;)

Loved the mush, even if it was from two characters I know very little about. Great (counts) 9 posts? Lol.

4. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I'm not angry. It was my own fault for going to a movie with some friends...

YES, THIS IS BACK TO MY SOCIAL LIFE AGAIN!!!

:D

5. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    You know, Mely, there's only onw way to stop the comments...a post! :D [face_laugh]

6. RogueMonCalamari

RogueMonCalamari Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2001
    hey, great post. I'm going to start posting my newest fic, retitled The Athena Project in the morning.

7. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I think Mel's still trying to make us think she has a life... :p

8. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    You can believe what you want, but I HAVE A SOCIAL LIFE!!!

On that thought, I'm going to bed. I have a post ready to go for tomorrow.

9. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    How cute!!!!

10. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    It's tomorrow. ;)

11. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    That's correct, wompy, it is. :D

12. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, okay, greedy little children...

*~*~*~*

Jaina was sitting through another round of cermonies and receptions the next day when a Chiss, lieutenant by his bars, opened the doors in the back of the chamber and declared, "General Fel, I must speak with you."

The general set his drink carefully down on a table nearby. "What is it, Lieutenant?"

"Sir, it's your daughter."

Uncharacteristically, the baron's eyes widened. Jaina glanced over at Jag, who had heard everything over the noise of the reception. The look in his eyes as he came toward them told Jaina quite plainly that he was thinking of Kyria.

Jaina and Jag reached the general as the messenger said, "Sir, with all due respect, I think we shold step outside."

Glancing to either side, the older man saw Jaina and Jag on his right and his left. He nodded to the lieutenant and said, "Lead the way."

The Chiss led them to a small garden adjacent to the reception hall. Jaina quickly noted the presence of foreign species of plants around her, but she coud not divert her attention from the blue-skinned soldier before her. It seemed like eternity had passed before them before the general asked quietly, "What has happened to my daughter?"

The lieutenant took a deep breath. "She disappeared from the home very early this morning. We have located her, but she's in the middle of some very dangerous territory in the Freal Valley. There's no way any vehicle could get out to her, whether by land or by air. The risk to her life would be too great."

Jag and his father looked almost as shocked as Jaina felt. "She walked out there, right? Why can't she just walk back?" Jaina asked.

"We have reason to believe that she has broken her leg, or in some way hurt herself so that she could not get out of there by her own volition," the soldier replied. "Otherwise we would have expected her to have gotten out of there by now."

General Fel's voice was strained. "I would go for her myself, but I would be of little use. Jag, would you be willing to go?"

Before he could answer, Jaina cut in, "Sir, I will go out there for her."

"Jaina, you don't know the territory," Jag answered, not letting his father reply.

"I'm a Jedi. I can get through the valley and find her a lot easier than you could. Besides, if she's been hurt, I might be able to do something about it," she retorted.

"Jaina, I'm not going to let you go out there-"

"Do the lieutenant and I have to be here for this?" the general asked quietly.

"I'm not going to let you go out there alone," Jag repeated, lowering his voice. "If you're going, I'm going."

When Jaina didn't object, the general declared, "Well, that's settled. I'd recommend the two of you get moving as quickly as possible."

"Yes, sir," they replied in unison. When the general nodded, Jag gently grabbed Jaina's arm and led her out of the garden.

*~*~*~*

I know, I'm evil incarnate.

13. RogueMonCalamari

Aug 18, 2001
    great post hoping for great char. interaction.

14. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    Putting a kid in harm's way, eh? Evil. ;) Good post, if it was a little short. Which probably means we'll have another tomorrow, right? ;)

15. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I can just see Jaina taking this whole thing over. "I'm the Jedi... Jag, do this...Jag, do that." ;) j/k

16. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Argh! That was evil, Mel! Bad, bad, bad! No children in danger! How could you?!

But of course, we all know that Jaina and Jag will rescue Danae, and everyone will live happily ever after.... don't we?

Well. Anyway. Now that I read that, I realize I should have some similar plot in that pre-Home continuation of Refuge that I'm planning... but now I have to think up something new. :D Ahh, well. Good post!

17. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Great post!

18. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Great post!

19. jainasolo2001

jainasolo2001 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    STICKS!!! I knew she was going to rub off on somebody!!! Putting innocent people in danger, possibly to die... yep, gotta be the Stickster's influence. Mely, listen to me, snap out of it- don't let Sticks' violent stories effect you. GO BACK TO MUSH!!!!

J/K! 8-}

20. RogueMonCalamari

Aug 18, 2001
    know what?
    i bet Jag and Jaina will find her, and on the way, home, see this beautiful sunset. they'll talk, and then Jag will pop the question. or maybe not a sunset, but something natural like that. scenic.

21. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    You're not supposed to put a child in harm's way, don't you know that????

And I'm not a child. Or greedy for that matter :p

:p :p :p :p :D :D :D :D :D

22. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Well not as evil as I expected, but bad enough! Ishie would be proud! :D

23. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Hi, everyone!

Yes, I'll probably have a post up later today, but I make no promises, as I'm not feeling too well. In the meantime, I invite you to check this out:

Ruins of Love

Go see who my co-author is.

24. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    uppers. :)

25. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Ish and Mel??? *shakes head* Now that's going to be interesting...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.