main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Introduction To Social Groups and Threads

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by jediknight88, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    Upping again :)

2. Ewok15

Ewok15 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 1, 2002
    Hello new users to the JC and all the old people hanging around here! :)

I am here to talk about a new group that was formed by a couple users named Talonah and MistofAvalon. The group is called the EPC. It stands for 'Elite Posting Club'. Our groups mission is to 1.Help make the JC a better place by helping reduce spaming/flaming/bashing/trolling/etc. and 2.to help new users by creating a newb/newb pairing system, so they can share there experiences and learn from them!

If you would like to learn more about the EPC, then visit the thread in the JCC. It is right here. Or you can pm Talonah, MistofAvalon or me.

God Bless
    Ewok

3. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Unlocking and Up we go! :D

I know there are more new social groups out there and also some who want to get more new members...this is the thread for you. :) :cool:

4. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Oh good, hopefully this will cut down on all the social advertisements Welcome threads seem to be getting flooded with lately.

5. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    Just in case you don't know me, I'm DD. I'm one of the leaders of the Crimson Jedi. We are a fairly new organization [since late 04 early 05] that is about to get a social thread in the YJCC and maybe, after that, in the EUC.

Here's what we're about.

Mission Statement

The mission of the Crimson Jedi is to:

-Help newbies learn there place on the boards

-Defend our members against flaming, trolling, and spamming

-Improve the Jedi Council Boards experience for members and those who would come into contact with members by improving the quality of our posts and learning more about the JC

The Crimson Code:

I shall not spam nor troll nor flame

I shall respect others and their opinions

I shall respect the administrators, moderators, and the rules of the JC

I shall always think about the cause and affect of my actions before proceeding with them.

Responsibilities

All:
    - Serving the greater good
    - Self-improvement
    - Welcoming new people
    - Supporting everyone within the Crimson Jedi

Jedi Council:
    - Training Padawans
    - Patrolling areas
    - Taking and setting up classes
    - Adopt/Welcome Newbies and initiates
    - Do designated jobs
    - pm the members of the triumverate with ideas, advice, etc. fairly often
    - Set Good Example/Family Environment for CJ and JC

Jedi Masters:
    - Training Padawans
    - Ensure that your padawan takes the classes and finishes all missions
    - Patrolling areas
    - Taking and setting up classes
    - Welcome Newbies and Initiates
    - Set Good Example/Family Environment for CJ and JC

Jedi Knights:
    - Patrolling areas
    - Taking and Setting up Classes
    - Adopt/Welcome Newbies and Initiates
    - Set Good Example/Family Environment for cj and JC

Padawans:
    - Accomplish ALL missions/lessons
    - Taking classes
    - Learn from mistakes
    - Respect all members, especially those in higher positions

Roster

~The Crimson Triumverate~
    FORCE-WIELDER1, Darth_Deception, Darth_Elu

~The Crimson Council~
    Handmaiden_Rabe, Magik, Imperial_Hammer, Ylesly, Evil_King_Wiggins

~The Crimson Jedi Knights~
    JediLeeora, Obi_one_and_only, VadersMistress, jade_saber8000, DarthBoba, Alne6gri0wa, corellian_chic242

~Crimson Jedi Padawans [Masters in brackets]~
    Twitcher [FORCE-WIELDER1], zebra3** [Darth_Deception], Darth_Vaders_cousin***[jade_saber8000], Emperor_Kilo**[Ylesly], The_Last_Jedi_Knight[Imperial_Hammer], Loopyjedi**[Evil_King_Wiggins]

~Padawans in Training~
    Chiss_dude, ku2208, Mystralgurl*, Nabria, starwarsbeauty*

*has completed this many missions [i.e.-one star per completed mission]

If you are interested, please pm Darth_Elu, FORCE-WIELDER1, one of the council members, or myself. There will be a waiting period of a week while we do a background check and other tasks that will benefit you in our group.

Even if you are not interested, you can help yourself get the hang of the boards with our classes.

Thanks,
    DD

EDIT: We also have a role playing game open and a unique kind of story going called a round robin, which can be found in Beyond the Saga.

6. alne6gri0wa

alne6gri0wa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    ^The above message was a shameless plug brought to you by Darth_Deception, and the knights of the crimson table.

Have a nice day.

(no offense DD, couldn't pass it up)

DD, could you get me changed to Alne6gri0wa rather than He on the roster?

JAy

7. Emperor_Kilo

Emperor_Kilo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2004
    DVC completed 3 missions? He did the essays?

8. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    guys, come on. Let's not spam up this thread.

You can ask me that via pm or take it to HQ.

However, yes he has and no he hasn't.

Well, he did, but it was too short.

9. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Hello all. I am a Council Member of the Shadow Sith Army. Here is some of our info.

Mission Statement and Purpose

The Shadow Sith Army is members dedicated to making the JCC a more enjoyable place for all to be a part of. Our goal is to assist the administration in any way possible. This includes, but is not limited to: reporting trolls, making icons and banners, participating in games, adopting newbies, and helping all users have as much fun at the boards as possible.

While the possibility exists for some members of this group to serve a more formal position at the Jedi Council Forums (such as the position of moderator), gaining such positions is not a part of our agenda. Our goal is to serve the community to the best of our abilities. However, this does not restrict our members from becoming more prominent members (based upon status), and we encourage any members of the current administration to join us.

Although our purpose is to serve the community, we cannot forget about the Sith traditions that lie deep within our subconscious thoughts. With that in mind, we encourage all members to participate in things such as role playing, games and fan fiction to help vent their inner desires for the dark side of the Force.

Codes of Conduct

No Infighting*
    No spamming, trolling, flaming or baiting
    When a troll or problem with another user is discovered, alert a moderator from that forum
    One Apprentice per Master/Knight
    Affiliation and rank must be listed in signature
    Socks may play in the thread but a sock may not join the order

Infighting ? If there is a problem between two members of the Order it is not to be vented in the thread. First take it to Private Messages. If that does not work, alert the Council of Masters. A thread will be designated in our private board to discuss the matter with a Council Master presiding.

When at another message board Shadow Sith Army members will adhere to that particular board?s Terms of Service. Our primary and main focus is TheForce.Net discussion boards. However, it is expected that members will adhere to the policies of other boards.

Council of Masters

The Council of Masters are responsible for the practices and policies of the Shadow Sith Army. The Council is made of four Shadow Sith Masters and a HighMarshall/General of the Army with a Grand Master/High Marshall/General position rotating every three months. The Grand Master represents the Council to the group and will make final decisions.

So as not to become power hungry and too Sithly, the Grand Master position will be rotated. In reality, we believe this will aid in leaders not burning out and also provide the Shadow Sith Army with a variety of leadership styles.

The Council of Masters will be decisions on accepting new apprentices, promoting apprentices to Knighthood and appointing Knights to Master. The Council of Masters will also make decisions regarding the function and direction of the group.

The Council of Masters is made up of five individuals in order to provide checks and balances. If the Council of Masters believes the Grand Master is making a decision that is detrimental to the group, the Council may override the Grand Master.

Membership, Rankings and Responsibilities

Becoming a member of the Shadow Sith

The Shadow Sith Army is more than a social group in the JCC. We are here to assist the administration of TheForce.Net. There are responsibilities involved in being a member and every member?s participation is expected.

To apply for membership

Please state in the thread that you want to join the Order.

By using the code of bold and a highlight code, it will alert the Masters that you are interested.

The first thing that will be done is your status will be verified. You must have been a member of TF.N for 30 days and have 100 posts (we expect that these have been attained not by spamming). A Master or Knight will review your posts and verify that you are not a sock. Once you have

10. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    Update:

The CJ has its own thread in the JCC!

CJ thread

11. DarthKakarot

DarthKakarot Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 9, 2005
    Hello and Welcome all new users to the JC!!

If you want to just, you know, relax, have fun, talk about your 'problems' :p well come on over here!

SWC Rebel Alliance

It is situated at the Star Wars Community forum, just keep in mind that you will be asked to perform tasks such as;

Post a picture of Luke Skywalker :p

[image=http://www.rebelshaven.com/Images/Luke/Luke019.jpg]

they could also be; post in your favourite color

Well, I have to say, if you're new to the boards, you get a great chance to practise your skills with markup codes, you also get to make some great friends, some of which, you will befriend, such as Reboscale (Vice-Chancellor of the alliance), he's a great pal!! :D

Well, you may be wondering about the rules, well we have one or two :p

No trouble
    Follow Orders
    Have fun!!! :D

If you have any questions, please, feel free to PM me, I'm always willing to help anybody :p :D

well, see ya at the SWC Rebel Alliance, and may the force be with you :p

12. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Oh darn! Cobra already posted. Well, anyone who wants is welcome to come on over and say hi! We don't bite . . . hard ;)

13. LordofSith

LordofSith Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    Hi, I'm the Lord of the Sith...want pizza?

14. Darth_Pogey

Darth_Pogey Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Hello I am Darth_Pogey. Emporeror of the Imperial Advisory Board. PM me if you want to join. We have few memebers thus far. Me,"Grand Moff"DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL". Members: Anakin_Skywalker20,Charn,B4-sith,Agent_SkywalKer,darth-ellen

15. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
  16. Agent_SkywalKer

Apr 28, 2005
    Since my BOGA thread was locked. PM me to join!

17. Agent_SkywalKer

Apr 28, 2005
  18. Jedi_Hunter_66

Jedi_Hunter_66 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    Anyone want to join a cool new group or clan on the boards?

It is called the Outlaw Assault Squad(OAS)? It is a really cool and fun new group. It is basically a social group and stuff.

We can help new users out too.

Just pm me if you want to join. I'll give the details on the entry.

19. Agent_SkywalKer

Apr 28, 2005
    n00bs helping n00bs :p

20. REVANLORD

REVANLORD Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Darnit! I thought this was a new thread...

21. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    It may not be new but it is a good thread to remind folks of the different social groups here.

Of course I'm partial to the Shadow Sith Army

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/SithJada/Shadow%20Sith%20Army/20050412_t.jpg]

22. Kavic_Toth

Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 9, 2002
    Bwa-Hahahahahahahaha!!! I love that pic, Jada!

I'm going to have to adapt another of those you always loved for us. ;)

23. LordDarthDevaious

LordDarthDevaious Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2005
    Well, I'm not exactly its leader, but I'm in a group called the Sith Demolition Order (SDO). We have fake battles and wars against the Jedi Technician Crew, and there's always something new going on. We also have an occasional good conversation;)

If you're interested in this, come here: http://boards.theforce.net/FanForce_Community/b10022/18859594/p1

24. Agent_SkywalKer

Apr 28, 2005
    Or go to the JTC Temple. ;)

25. starwarsdude2009

starwarsdude2009 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2005
    no, not more recruiting for another war!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.