main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Introductions!!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Xmaveric, Dec 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Well, here we are. I thought that I would start the chatter off this time by posting some info about myself. Feel free to do the same.

Name: PM Me and ask
    Been a fan since: Episode 1
    Member of FanForce since: 5/00

Basicaly, I'm the guy from Indiana who insists on posting in the Chicago forum. I love Star Wars. I love hanging out and talking with other people who love Star Wars. I love making fun of JediJeff. Doesn't everybody? I would post more, but I am tired because I spent the last few hours copying threads from the UBB.

Have a great day! Please post your bio information, too!

edit: just unlocking thread

2. Empyre

Empyre Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2000
    I am back also. I am the other from the South Bend, IN area who insists on hanging around here. It's good to see Mav ,Bosh Talk, and Jedi Larsare back, along with Mara Jade Skywalker, Fenix, and Salacious Crummy.
    Now Onto Bio:

Current Name: Todd Hartleb
    Occupation: Office Managaer/Accountant/Consultant/Student/... Whatever takes my interest
    Fan for 8 years
    FF member since 5/00

Oh well, our lead was there and may possibly be reclaimed in the future. As to the Current Name, I have had other names and even now am not sure if that is my real name.
    Thanks Mav for copying the threads you did. You could have asked for some help though. I would have been glad to help.
    Bosh Talk, Where did Steph go? I had noticed that before but didn't think much of it till I saw your post today.

3. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Glad you started this again, mav. I know some will have different forum names.

Okiday, here goes:
    Name: Megan (that's all you need to know)
    Occupation: Hostess, work at college bookstore and is a very busy student with a vocal performance major (and possibly theatre minor)
    Fan since the re-release in '97
    FF member since the beginning in 5/00

Okay, nice to meet you all (again!) and lets get this party started already.

4. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    You guys have got the right idea! Some people that we knew on the UBB may have a different alias on JC. This is a great place to tell us who you are, and tell us a little about yourself, because we probably forgot :)

5. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey all I am glad to see a few people starting to cross over to JC. Its kinda hard to get use too from FF. Oh well, life goes on and so does SW fandom. My profile stayed the same so here I go for those who have never meet me in person or from the previous intro. . .

Name: Chadwick(Chad)Larsen - I am not dimpled, pregnant or hanging.

FanForce Member: May 2000
    Star Wars Fan: since 1977

So there you have it! My life!

JediLars

6. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    Name: Thom Olsen
    Occupation: credit/collections assistant for a distributor of industrial supplies, bookseller/cafe dude at a B&N
    Fan since ROTJ first came out, at the very latest... possibly sooner
    FF member since 5/00

Any further questions? :D

Thom
    "Charming to the last."

7. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Name: Phillip Salomon
    Been a fan since: 1977
    Member of Chicago Force since: April 29, 2000
    Lurker of FanForce since: June 14, 2000
    Member of FanForce since: July 30, 2000

Phil

8. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Apparently some part of me insists on keeping an eye on this place, so I might as well make a formal introduction (as if I needed another reason to toot my own horn.)

Name: Bob
    Occupation: Exhibit Lighting Technician at the Field Museum (horn toot #1)
    Fan since: the beginning
    Fanforce member since: May '00, I think

When it comes down to it, I'm the Man. Sure, I don't have as many SW toys, books, games, or models as a lot of other people. And I didn't spend half as much time waiting in line for tickets to Episode I as a lot of people undoubtedly did (I came in at just over 100 consecutive hours; that's probably peanuts compared to what Cali was like.) But I did manage to handle about 90% of the objects currently on display at the Star Wars: Magic of Myth exhibit here at the Field (big ol' horn toot #2.) I wrote a small series of articles about assembling the exhibit; you can read them here: http://www.chicagoforce.org/news/item?news_item_id=100000
    (toot numero drei.)

But that's all window-dressing. The real reason I'm the Man is because I'm the only thing that stands between you people and the gruesome, tornado-powered ooze that is "JediJeff," aka "JediJeff13," aka "Not_JediJeff," aka... ah, skip it.

Anyway, hello to those of you new to me and hello again to the old faces, and I hope everyone who made it out to the Field on Saturday had a good time (despite the big tease at the end of the day.)

-Le Penguin
    "As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a gangster."

9. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Yeah, yeah, yeah Penguin. You like to THINK you are the man. Fact is, I _allow_ you that feeling in yet another one of my fabulous abilities to control each and every one of you. Oh crap....did I just say that out loud?

Anyway, who am I? You see me as you want to see me...in the simplest terms and the most convenient definitions. You see me as a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess and a criminal. Correct?

But really, I am:
    Name: Jeff (duh)
    Occupation: Network Admin (and I can tape all of your butts together)
    Fan since: '77 (ah...Coral Theatre, I knew you so well)
    FF member: June Zero Zero

Did I mention that this Ultarama thing is AWESOME!? So sweet. One would think with all this praise I would be getting another couple levels for free or something. Damn, I hope those guys lurk over here! For those of you that are new, I would like to state, as well as remind others, of my Star Wars figure storage service. Free of charge, my friends. I will give your vintage figures, as well as the current stuff, a loving home. Oh.....and never mind that whole "Possession is 90% of the law, stuff" - I would _never_ pull that. Not me.....no. :)

Ummm.....nothing else I can think of right now. A wife, two kids (yes, I procreated), no pets. Wow.....that was a damn exciting profile. And nothing for me to toot my horn about. :(

10. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    You are making me hungry for a pixie stick Capn' Crunch sandwich Jeff.

11. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    Yaaaawwwwwnnnnn.... JJ13, I'm going to assume that your recent snow-shoveling induced heart attack leaving you weakened is the reason for your lamer-than-usual reply. Or perhaps what meager amount of power you did display on the other boards simply doesn't translate very well over here. At any rate: wake up, dumbcoc&.

-Le Penguin
    "Love is all you need."

12. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Give me a chance to warm up, Penguin. My standard, snide, sarcastic self will return shortly.

Until then, a song:

Half a bee, philosophically,
    must eo ipso facto half not be
    But half a bee has got to be,
    vis a vis its entity
    - D'you see?

But can a bee be said to be
    Or not to be an entire bee,
    When half the bee is not a bee
    Due to some ancient injury
    - Singing! ...

La, di di, one two three
    Eric the Half a Bee
    A B C D E F G
    Eric the Half a Bee

Is This wretched demi-bee,
    Half asleep upon my knee,
    Some freak from a menagerie?
    No! It's Eric the Half a Bee.

Fiddle di dum, Fiddle di dee,
    Eric the Half a Bee
    Ho ho ho, tee hee hee,
    Eric the Half a Bee

I love this hive epmploy-ee-ee
    Bisected accidentially,
    One Summer afternoon by me,
    I love him carnally.

13. Darth_Athena

Darth_Athena Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    K, I know I haven't posted much here (mostly I stick to St. Louis, since I currently live there), but I couldn't resist visiting the boards of the area I hailed from.

Name: Laura
    Fan since: '88, when I first remember seeing ANH on tv
    FF member: June, I think...

14. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    Ah, for the simple days of my youth when I worked the box office... the free soda, the free movies, the fact that no one saw below my ribs for hours on end so I could safely take off my pants when it got really hot in that little booth, not to mention the countless scams I pulled... I ruled that freakin' box office like a PMSing Mike Tyson with a rubber band around his sack. Sometimes I miss all those open opprotunities to carelessly mock those around me. Good thing that bum from Plainfield is still around here somewhere.

-Le Penguin
    "Save your money."

15. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Hi! I just moved to Illinois from California about a week and a half ago. The snow is strange...

Name: Dawn
    Occupation: none yet. I was an ophthalmic technician before I moved.
    Fan since: 1977
    Fan Force member: since the first day

so, what do you guys do around here?

16. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Welcome new posters!

What do we do? What do we do??

It's more like what don't we do, JediJeff13 and Le Pegium snipe at each other, and seranade us with songs. BTW, if JJ13 offers to "guard" any Star Wars collectibles you own, just say NO!. We discuss everything from obsurce sledding rituals to the best and worst late night show host. We also make snow angels, oh wait, that's just me. :)

As for activities, I try (try but don't always succeed) to keep the FAQ updated with upcoming events. The best way to get a notice of events is to join the Chicago Force listserv. Just go to www.chicagoforce.org to join. There's more info in the FAQ thread.

I've babbled enough.
    JediAutobot

17. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I guess I should introduce myself...

Name: Carrie Favela
    Occupation: Data Entry and Balancing Unit (I don't know what the last one is either.)
    Been a fan since: I could say, "I want to watch Star Wars!"

JediAutobot

18. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    I object (informally now and by afidavit later... time permitting) to the use of the word "snipe" in reference to my witty social banter. You could have at least compared it to an animal that actually exists, like the Somalian Wild Ass, the Tibetan Wild Ass, or the goofy yet lovable Asian Dik-Dik.

-Le Penguin
    "Take that, Doctor Sally Waxler!"

19. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    The strange thing is how close Penguin still is to that theatre job. I have secured his employment folder.....interesting the number of times you have been caught "out of uniform", shall we say. And twice in the aviary exhibit, nuzzling Lanius ludovicianus, commonly referred to as a Loggerhead Shrike? Something special about that fowl, Penguin? Then again, your entire career is based on a twisting motion of your wrist. I gotta give you credit for that. Me, I'm stuck plunking away at a keyboard, randoming selecting individuals and forcing an IRS audit for mysterious capital gains. Some days I dream of my sole concern being 75w or 100w. Damn......you got it good, my friend.

See ya in Hell.

20. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Akchully, Bob,

WHEREAS, there is a real creature known by the name of snipe, often confused with the mythical creature of the same name that is usually the object of a wild goose chase a.k.a. snipe hunt. However, there is no evidence that indicates your type of witty repartee to be a characteristic of said snipe.

NOW, THEREFORE, I proclaim that you are indeed, right, although for the wrong reasons.

21. ScoobyDew

ScoobyDew Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2000
    Sorry to interrupt your snipe debate....ummmm....ok. Yeah, like I was saying, here's my introduction. :)

Name: Barry Scott
    Occupation: Ecommerce Frontline associate (Customer Service at an Internet Company)
    Fan since: 'Round 85 (I wish I still had my POTF1 Han Carbonite...sniff...)
    Fanforce member since: Ummmm...a few months ago?

Scooby

22. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Name: Lisa
    Been a fan since: 1977

23. ProfessorMurder

ProfessorMurder Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2000
    Name: Professor Murder, aka Gumby, aka Sharksaw, aka Maestro, aka 606
    Birthday: 12/16/1770
    Fan since: ?
    Member of FF since: August '00

-Professor Murder
    "Michael Jackson, look what you've done!"

24. StarChicWars

StarChicWars Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2000
    Hey Professor, I'm right under ya!

Thanks for returning and bringing balance back to my life!

-SCW

25. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    my cousin tried to get me to go "snipe" hunting in West Virginia this past summer! i, tactfully, declined!

you guys all sound like fun! nice to meet ya'!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.