main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Invasion #1: Refugees, part 1 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Xicer, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xicer

Xicer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2008
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/SWInvasion1Fc.jpg]

STAR WARS: INVASION #1 (of 5) Written by Tom Taylor; Pencils by Colin Wilson; Colors by Wes Dzioba; Cover art by Jo Chen. On sale July 1. 40 pages.

A new series comes to Dark Horse?s Star Wars line! After its special sixteen-page preview on starwars.com, Star Wars: Invasion continues in print!

This series is set twenty-five years after the Battle of Yavin. The Jedi, and the galaxy, are facing their first real threat since the Sith were defeated: an invasion of hostile warriors called the Yuuzhan Vong.

The forces of the New Republic and the fledgling New Jedi Order stand ready to face the invaders, but they?ve never seen anything like the Yuuzhan Vong! Luke Skywalker is about to discover that it?s not his galaxy anymore . . .

2. QueenMother_LK

QueenMother_LK Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2009
    wait, where was the 16 page preview?!![face_worried]

3. Kylun

Kylun Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2008
    Guess I missed it too, but then I don't spend very much time on the official site. If it's still there I'll have to check it out.

Oh, and you're on a roll there with all the previews Xicer :p

4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    It starts in about two months.

5. QueenMother_LK

Feb 17, 2009
    oooh ok. thanks havac

6. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Looks really cool. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

7. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    One month, May. Then the rest in June.

8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Was hoping for a little more meat in the summary. Ah, well.

9. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    I just hope I have some time during the day to get it. I have a feeling that it will sell out fast.

10. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Dammit, why do I always end up out of town when new Star Wars series start... oh well, better remember to go ask my local comic book shop owner to hold a copy then. Either that or order a back-up copy from TFAW or something.

Not much meat in that summary, but still, guess the online preview will provide more details. At least I'll have a few weeks' worth of comics to catch up on when I get back.

11. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, so was I; this isn't really telling us anything about what happens in the comic. Which is hardly the worst thing ever, and it's probably most important, with a new series like this, to sell the unfamiliar masses on the general concept and setting rather than try to get across a message about the individual family's storyline and have the context make no sense to buyers.

12. Sven_Starcrown

Sven_Starcrown Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 10, 2009
    The guy in the picture looks like a cross betwen Luke Skywalker and Zayne Carrick.

13. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I hope that's not Luke on the cover, as it looks nothing like him.

14. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

What comic lines are all going to be running? Legacy, KoToR, Dark Times, Invasion...does this mean Clone Wars is done? Or are they going to be going with 5 at the same time?

I picked up Clone Wars 1 and that is about it. It didn't appeal to me so I wouldn't really mind seeing it go.

15. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Dark Times and Invasion will trade off in the schedule. DT arc, Invasion arc, DT arc, etc.

16. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Could be Jacen? I know the series isn't focusing on that particular set of wonder twins so it might not be, but it's close enough to seem like an intentional resemblance, maybe created to make people who've read the books ask themselves "is that...?" and buy the comic to find out.

17. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    I thought it was Jacen too. The green lightsaber and brown hair. Though I guess it could be any Jedi, really.

One of the reasons I'm excited for this comic is that we'll get to see visual depictions of minor NJO characters (besides the Solo/Skywalker clans, who were on the book covers). The NEGtC didn't have that great of a selection.

18. Sven_Starcrown

Sven_Starcrown Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 10, 2009
    Well Jacen had a green lightsaber during the Vong war.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Jacen2.jpg

19. Xicer

Xicer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2008
    Its Luke just so you guys know. It was confirmed on Tom Taylor's blog a while back: http://www.tomtaylormade.com/?p=157

20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I knew it was Luke on the cover.

He was younger then, only 45, not even a father yet!

21. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Where did the cover go? I seem to remember it being in the opening post.:confused:

22. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    It is now a thin brown bar to the left. Rebelscum appears to be acting up and the image dropped out.

23. QueenMother_LK

Feb 17, 2009
    I wish it was Jacen. I can't wait for some EU characters to become visuals :D

24. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    Not to mention Vong tech and such. We got some brief glimpses of it in Legacy but the overall quantity of graphics is pretty low for something that was an 18 book story.

25. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    19, actually, as well as at least 3 e-books and a lengthy short story. And a campaign guide. And a comic (SW Tales). :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.