main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Invite: Monroe County Fair Intergalactic Reception - July 15th

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Doc_Bev, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    We're once again doing an Intergalactic Reception at the Monroe County Fair (MCF) out here in Henrietta (south Rochester suburb). It will be Saturday, July 15th from 1pm-3pm. We get free admission and free parking for the day and they provide a changing/storage room.

Here's a link to our planning thread: http://boards.theforce.net/rochester_ny/b10259/23517019/p1/?8

The MCF folks are looking for all types of "spacey" costumes to entertain fair attendees during the reception (basically a table with punch, cookies and cheese and crackers).

Please post here or on the Rochester board if you think you might be able to make it.

~Doc_Bev

2. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Do I smell road trip?

3. MakanPyralis

MakanPyralis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    oh oh oh, i wanna go, i wanna go......can we go? can we? can we? can we? can we??????

4. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Down Boy, of course you can ;-)

5. StoyBoy720

StoyBoy720 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    I might actually be able to go to this one!

Tentative for now, but hopeful :)

6. LadySith22

LadySith22 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Looks like Chris and I are out.. we have a wedding to attend that Saturday! :_|

7. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
  8. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    Looks like I may be able to get to this one. Anyone else want to go and do a road trip for the day???? :D

9. StoyBoy720

Jun 26, 2003
    Lisa, are you gonna be my wife or my father this time? :p

10. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I'd be happy to ride up with you guys if you want to carpool

11. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Either one would be fine.... but I dont always have my husband going to things.... ;)

So, it looks like a road trip is forming here! Yes, Gil you can ride up with us. :D

12. StoyBoy720

Jun 26, 2003
    Yay road trips! I'm down for sure as Luke :)

13. MakanPyralis

Aug 16, 2005
    well everyone knows i hate to drive somewhere i am unfamiliar with, so im in!

14. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Of course you can ride with us Kyle! :) The more the merrier!

15. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I will be needing to turn in a headcount on July 7th so that our free admission and parking passes can be mailed to me. If there's anyone else other than Lisa, Kyle, Gil & Bryan interested in coming out from Buffalo - just post here so that I can make sure to have enough passes.

~Doc_Bev

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Here are some addresses for mapquesting purposes...
    The Dome Arena where the Fair will be taking place is located at: 2695 East Henrietta Rd, Henrietta, NY 14467
    In order to get folks their admission and parking passes we will be meeting at the nearby Wegmans parking lot. That address is: 2599 East Henrietta Road, Rochester, NY 14623
    I know it looks funny that one is in Henrietta 14467 and one is in Rochester 14623, but they are indeed across the street from each other - it's just that they're also across the townline from each other.

We're due to be "on stage" at 1pm, so I was thinking of a Wegmans meet-up time of 12pm, but debating on having it a little earlier if people want to grab a quick lunch before suiting up. I'll keep you posted...

~Doc_Bev

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    If you guys are able/interested in coming out earlier we'll be meeting for breakfast at a McDonalds nearby at 11am. It's address is 2121 East Henrietta Rd, Rochester, NY 14623. Otherwise, we'll see you at the Wegmans parking lot at 12pm.

~Doc_Bev

18. MakanPyralis

Aug 16, 2005
    im in for whatever the others want to do...if the car pool is still on!?!?!

19. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    As far as I know the carpool is a go, I just need to know what time to pick up Bryan, and what time and where we are meeting...

20. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Of course the carpool is still on! :) It will take about 1 hour 15 minutes according to mapquest to the McDonalds. If you want to meet up there at 11, we should leave my house around 9:45. Please meet me at my house at 9:30 on Saturday morning and we'll go!

21. MakanPyralis

Aug 16, 2005
    this was an awesome event!....well except of the guy that wanted to kick boba fett bewteen the legs....but really alot of fun!

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm so glad you guys were able to make it out for this! Thanks for making the trip.
    I'm working on getting photos uploaded now. And I do have the Channel 13 news clip saved on my TiVo (it might be a bit before it gets converted to something we can easily share).
    Our booth sponsor (The National Space Society) was already starting to make plans for next year when I stopped to talk with him at the end of the event. So pencil in July 21st as that's probably when it'll be next year (I think it's always the 3rd weekend in July).

~Doc_Bev

23. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Thanks for having us over, it was fun...

24. StoyBoy720

Jun 26, 2003
    Definitely a great time. Thanks again!

25. Darth_Tredere

Darth_Tredere Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2006
    A day late, and a dollar short. Sorry guys. I would have loved to go. I just got the thread today. Oh Bantha Fodder. :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.