main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Inwood Theater

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Chocolate, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Just got back from watching The Crow on the big screen at the Inwood on the midnight run this weekend. I picked up a schedule and just figured I'd post it up in case anyone wanted to catch the next few weekend's worth of movies there too. (pay attention to the last one... ;) )

March 28/29 - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
    This is the sequel that came out in 2000 and
    hit the DVD racks last year. It will be an
    English dubbed version. I have yet to see it.
    I'll be there.

April 4/5 - Easy Rider
    Classic (1969). I would like to see it, but prolly
    won't have time that weekend cause of the sci-fi show.

April 11/12 - Natural Born Killers
    I haven't seen this in years... might go.

April 18/19 - Super Fly
    Also titled "Bledge Strikes Back".

April 25/26 - Army of Darkness
    OK! You can all calm down now. And yes, Branson, we
    know you'll be there... and I guess I'll join you.

May 2/3 - The Warriors
    Thank god there are GOOD movies opening up on
    this same weekend...

Now, that's as far as my schedule goes, HOWEVER.... they also told me that immediately following this batch of movies was a movie that most of us have not seen on the big screen in almost 4 years. A movie that really hit a home-run while we were all coming apart at the seams over Jar-Jar. Of course I'm talking about THE movie that I personally used to introduce several folks to the UA Galaxy while deciding what theater to line up at in '99....

THE MATRIX!!!

If my calculations (and what the mgr of the Inwood told me) are correct, we will have a rare opportunity to watch the original Matrix THE VERY WEEK BEFORE THE SEQUEL COMES OUT!! Reloaded hits the streets on 5/15 which means that the weekend prior would be 5/9&10, the weekend after the above schedule ends. I sure hope so!!

If anyone wants to see some of these movies, let's get the interest drummed up in here and we can all go together. :)

2. HoboZuckuss

HoboZuckuss Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2002
    I'll probably be making the Vampire Hunter D movie and the Natural Born Killers. I'll be there for Army of Darkness without fail. Those are the only ones up there that I have a real intrest in seeing except for the Matrix which I'll also probably be seeing especially if it's right before the release of the new ones.

3. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    For those of you poor souls that missed it last night, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust was REALLY good.

As much as I'd like to see Easy Rider this next weekend, I think we're all gonna be too busy to catch it. (ComiCon, Spirited Away, A Man Apart, Cowboy Bebop, Phone Booth) Even being unemployed i don't have enough time!!

4. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Don't forget the ritualistic sacrifice of Stone to the gods of Evil Dead 1, 2, and Army of Darkness. :D

5. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    i shall use my chant of protection from evil [i.e. kurgan]

klaatu barada nikto

klaatu barada nikto

klaatu barada nikto

6. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Escruni do pot, slimo.

7. super_hyper_melanie

super_hyper_melanie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    hmmm...i might oughta at least try to see matrix, cause i never even saw it on a big screen (i know i'm so sad)

8. Nightcrawler13

Nightcrawler13 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2001
    I at least saw it at the dollar theatre.

9. super_hyper_melanie

super_hyper_melanie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    yup, well i never saw it till it came out on video...but i have legitimate reasons for that...i wasn't 17 when it came out and it's rated R so i couldn't go to the theater by myself or with a friend to see it, and i missed going with my cousins and uncle to see it, and my parents dont go to the theater so i never got to see it in a theater....heck my dad has never been to a theater in my lifetime, and my mother has only been three times since i was born...she took me to some mothers of twins group thing once, and she took me to see home alone and harry potter SS (go figure the two are from the same director).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.