main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Is anyone lining up for the El Capitan Theater?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by scatfro, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scatfro

scatfro Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2002
    Like it says... I realy want to so I am insured opening night 12 AM tickets on a digital projector(probably at EL Capitan). Is it realy like if I don't I won't get the tickets? What are YOU doing? HELP!

2. -zooey-

-zooey- Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2002
    i wouldn't hold my breath for the el capitan.

have a back up.

last night when i called out there, they said that they would probably NOT be showing it, due to prior committments that they have made to other media such as the lion king and whatnot.

that certainly doesn't mean that they are NOT going to show it, but i would try to find another DLP in LA that IS going to show it.

the AMC north 6 in burbank, for example?
    =)

"bugger this...i want a better world..." [j. sparks, 1900-1999]

www.geocities.com/zooeyglass36

3. Viceroy Craig

Viceroy Craig Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 1999
    Scatfro,

When we looked into the Chinese having Episode II, there was some concern on booking. We then learned that it's policy that if a theatre house gets a huge movie, that another theatre cannot have the same one within 3 miles.

Obviously this is a limited time policy, as you can go from theatre to theatre in Hollywood and see the same movie at different places, so I believe it only pertains to huge box office draw movies, and then, only for a pre-determined number of weeks before it's available to everyone.

That said, with Episode II booked at the Chinese, it will not play at El Capitan. AMC Burbank is your best bet I would assume, as the astute poster before me mentioned.

:)

4. scatfro

scatfro Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2002
    I do know what you are saying about the major movies being shown only in certain theaters because of zones and stuff. Wouldn't it seem to make sence that since only very few theaters are equiped with the digital projectors that Lucas would make shure these very few theaters were showing it? He did shoot it in digital right? If El Capitan doesn't have it opening night well pooh to that!

5. Viceroy Craig

Viceroy Craig Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 1999
    Scatfro,

LOL I didn't say it made sense, but it is what the Chinese Theatre told us.

6. scatfro

scatfro Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2002
    well I be, thanks for all the help <hack> no realy though tanke vewy match for the info but I am going to cry. I so want to go to the opening night at some digital theater.

7. ahecht

ahecht Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2000
    The AMC Media North 6 is no longer a DLP theater. I spoke to them, and they said that their projector has been moved to the AMC Santa Monica 7.

The only places in LA proper that are going to be showing it in DLP are the Grauman's Chinese, Lowes Century Plaza, Pacific Grove Stadium 14, Pacific Sheman Oaks Galleria Staduim 16, and the Bridge Cinema de Lux. Of those, only the Chinese is offering advanced tickets (I have tix for the 8:30am show), and there are no midnight DLP shows available that I could find. I didn't actually call the Grove, but none of the others were offering tickets this far in advance (and the Sherman Oaks Galleria wasn't even 100% sure if they were getting a digital or film copy).

If you are willing to drive to places like Irvine or San Diego, there may be other options. Check DLP.com for the complete list of DLP cinemas, and try calling the different theaters.

If a midnight show isn't necessary, I'd suggest going to the Chinese. The party atmosphere there is really unbeatable.

8. scatfro

scatfro Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2002
    Thanks but as I have been occupied I have neglected to post any updates as of a few days ago. I also had found out about the move from AMC Media Center 6 to Santa Monica 7 and have found out through countinuous calling that Santa Monica 7 that they are booked for Star Wars as well and that they will be having tickets "probably on Wed." I say probably because the idiots there seem to give me a different story everytime I call. As for the DLP being moved I was told by the manager of Santa Monica that nobody is suppose to know about the move yet. I suppose the reason that the media center 6 manager was making it public knoweldge is that they are bitter over losing it. Oh by and by El Capitan doesn't play anything but Disney movies! Talked to the manager there too. What a shame. Again thanks for the info any how.

9. ahecht

ahecht Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2000
    How secret can the DLP move from Burbank to Santa Monica be if DLP.com posted it? Their listings says:

"AMC Media Center 6 (moved to AMC Santa Monica)
    Burbank, California
    USA"

10. vansmak

vansmak Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 1999
    Is the Chinese not showing the midnight show in Digital, but all other shows?? That would be strange.

-smak-

11. scatfro

scatfro Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2002
    Well geeze! Did you maybe forget too take into concideration that when I posted that message that DLP hadn't posted the move yet? Hmm lets see maybe people need to learn not too try too start arguments!

12. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I've never been to the El Capitan. I live about 3 miles away from it, and it looks nice from the outside. I thought it was owned by Disney though? Well, it would still be cool to see AOTC there, though I doubt it because it's owned by Disney.

13. Manifest_Lun

Manifest_Lun Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2002
    The El Capitan is indeed a Disney owned theater. (hence the reason they only play Disney films)
    However, its a great place to see a movie. They do a lot of rereleases of classic Disney films, and a lot of us liningup.net people often get together to see them.

14. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    Sounds like fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.