main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Is anyone still here from 1998?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Captain Antilles, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'll admit I'm less fond of TFA now that they've edited every scene to include Nigel Farage laughing sinisterly.

2. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Executive Summary is fine. I am too important to do the actual nitty gritty of reading threads.

Ender Sai likes this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Okej. Can somebody else then take over because I have no real idea what people think (beside most of the lit and fanfic people being terrified and Ender Sai is having the time of his life)

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I just worry what their Order 66 will be.

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I can't help it if I enjoy people failing to predict an utterly predictable set of events, or enjoy their post-mortem being geared towards solutions that are easier to swallow psychologically.

Sorry. I should be clear: I can help it, but I shan't.

6. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Star Wars is terrible. How can you support a movie franchise wherein Han Solo--a lead character and apparent crowd favorite--repeatedly sexually assaults another character despite her clearly stated intent to not want him to do that? These movies--and ESB in particular--perpetrate and normalize rape culture and domestic violence.

Also there's the clearly racial overtones of both Chewbacca and the sentient droids, who essentially have no freedom and are treated as second-class citizens--again, totally normalized.

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    thanks Jabba-Nekhbet

CT-867-5309, SuperWatto and Diggy like this.
  8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Suggesting sexual assualt is a little overboard, it was merely harrasment from Han. And threepio deserved it.

9. a star war

May 4, 2016
    It's clearly assault. He grabs Leia by the hands and proceeds to kiss her despite a number of protests and being told to stop. She is trapped in a small space unable to escape. Or are you a rape apologist now?

10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  11. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Now bow sow.

12. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    You guys are forgetting that Han Solo is also a thoughtless self righteous murderer.

He accepts money under false pretenses from the Kanjiklub. And then tries to bull**** his way out of it. In the end, he takes in known criminals who unleash murderballs on the Kanjiklub who simply want repayment on an investment. To make matters worse, Solo deliberately shoves one into a murderball. A horrible father and person got what he deserved at the end. Patricide.

JoinTheSchwarz and a star war like this.
  13. Dumblesaur

Dumblesaur Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2016
    This is a matter that has troubled me quite a bit, but it's never been a subject that I've been too keen on bringing up given the fandom obsession of their tralala romance. Han is dripping the spoils of a life wrought of the privileged male misogyny that we've come to accept as such a social norm, neigh a habit that we can only break by calling the shark out by the dorsals. The meager limptitude of Leia's stouthearted charade is nothing more than a sheet of Bounty that promises to wipe the soils of your loathsome liquid liberations, yet tears itself asunder upon impact. This is no message for the audience. Han is no better than Jabba.

JoinTheSchwarz and a star war like this.
  14. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    The real life person Han Solo is most similar to is Ahmed Wali Karzai. Both, after having a family member involved in state-building, exploited said relationship to become corrupt drug traffickers that helped undermine the whole project.

15. UK Sullustian

Nov 18, 1998
    I don't know what any of that means - but it sounds EU.

BTW the system just sent me an alert saying I first registered 18 years ago.

And I had been too nervous to post for ages before that... 96/97?

A long time. Long time.

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    What the hell is going on itt?

17. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    #98ersMatter

rumsmuggler and Sarge like this.
  18. UK Sullustian

Nov 18, 1998
    19 years is too long to be posting on a message board about Star Wars

Sarge likes this.
  19. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    98'rs were a bad GROUP of users. Terrible people I tell ya.

Sarge likes this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

Newb. :p

21. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Says you.

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Takes one to know one. :D

23. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    I'm from 2003. Does that count?

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  24. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Greetings from 1998! For some reason, while everyone else moved on to 1999, I remained in the year 1998. How this happened I can't say. I'm not a scientist. Do you think I did not want to move on to 1999 with everyone else? To experience the new millennium? Of course I did, but I cannot. I see you all, taking in the experiences that each new year brings. Continuing on with your lives. Not all of these experiences sound good, I grant you, but it cannot be the hell that I experience on December 31st, 1998, year after year as the clocks roll over and I once again find myself entering 1998. What did I do to deserve this? What could anyone possibly do to deserve this? Is this punishment from God? Surely no god exists so cruel as to keep me here, in 1998.

25. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I would kill to remain in 1998, are you kidding?