main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Is AOTC playing anywhere?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by GMSepiroth, Aug 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    According to Fandango, AOTC isnt playing within a 40 mile radious of Nashville. But it is still on some 300 screens across the country.
    Anyone know where the closest is?

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Looks like XXX bumped it out of the Thoroughbred 20 this weekend. Guess we'll have to wait for the IMAX to show it in September. And, of course, the DVD release in November...

3. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    The Imax at Opry Mills, I thought, was supposed to have Episode II on the Giant screen starting this weekend. However, it appears that it does NOT. Does anyone know if it will be playing there, or is it only in select Imax theaters throughout the country?

4. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    Looks like Carmike Bellevue 8 has added AOTC to its line up.
    I havent been there myself so I dont know how good the theater is.
    But right now it is the only place near Nashville showing it.
    I dont know about Imax but I thought it was suppose to start running in Sept.
    We'll see, I guess.

5. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    I asked TFN this morning about AOTC at the IMAX & they actually posted something on the main page about it. In case you missed it, here it is:

"All of the time we get asked about the IMAX version of Attack of the Clones. Enough so we thought we should say something about it. The problem is, we don't know too much.
    While Rick McCallum has confirmed this project to be in the works months ago, talk of a Labor Day release has now come and gone with still no official announcement. Checking the coming soon lists on the IMAX website you'll still not find a listing for the film, so we'll just have to continue to wait until something offical comes up. And hopefully it will be soon ... the Labor Day holiday today here in the States would have been a fun chance to see it."

So, in other words, they know about as much as we do. They've got two months to do it before it comes to DVD, so hopefully we should see it come to fruition sometime soon. ;)

6. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    Well, it looks like that after 17 weeks, AOTC has ended its run in US theaters. Here are some stats.

Days in release: 120
    Domestic Gross: $301,231,474
    All-time domestic rank: 13th
    All-time rank w/ infaltion adjustment: 74

7. RSSchinto

RSSchinto Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2002
    The Carmike Bellview 8 is still showing AOTC. Needed a fix and went to see it yesterday. They put it in on one of the smaller screens and in a theater without THX. Sound was lousy, but still enjoyed seeing the movie again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.