main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

is darth rivan the most powerfull force user

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Rainbow Serpent, Sep 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainbow Serpent

Rainbow Serpent Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2018
    rules: this forum is about discussing darth rivan force powers and were he fits among the greatest star wars characture. i plan to use this for a ultimate thread so pls stay on topic and dont let it become cancer.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Rivan
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_storm_(wormhole)

[​IMG]

Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly, and there is a great dark hidden among these worlds."
    ―Darth Rivan[src]

darth rivan created the force storm ability the one that sidious fanboys like mentioning. darth rivan was only able to use the black hole ability when equiped with the dark staff

rivan created a slave force ghost to protect his fortress

rivan created a force storm that time travled his 300 years into the future but was cut off from the force and one of his apprentaces followed him through time and killed him

In the end, it was known that Rivan's quest for physical immortality never truly succeeded. It was initially believed that, after being driven off Almas by a massive Jedi/Republic assault, Darth Rivan barely escaped with his life, and eventually perished after being betrayed by his fellow Sith[11]—specifically, his own apprentice,[9] Darsin.

In actuality, however, Rivan left the fortress one day leaving Darsin behind, and Darsin died before Rivan, his body modified by Rivan's alchemies to create a slave Force spirit. Rivan managed to harness the power of the Darkstaff to create a Force storm that swept him through time and space to the planet Ruusan, during the battles between the Jedi Army of Light and the Sith Brotherhood of Darkness several centuries later.[4] There, with his Force power drained by the Darkstaff, he was easily slain by a Force-sensitive warrior, someone who had been another apprentice of Rivan (but not Darsin). Rivan could not be buried in the crypt he had created for himself.[7]

rivan created a sith army immune to infighting
    Eliminating insubordination amongst the Sith ranks became a mission of Rivan's, and his creation of the battlelord would serve to Force bond a commander to his troops—if a soldier attempted to harm his/her commander, the intended wound would instead be inflicted upon the soldier.[9]

darth rivan moddified his planet by createing a new type of grass
    Darth Rivan also created the kaluthin grass to modify the planet's landscape and atmosphere, and make it breathable. Although the kaluthin terraformed Almas to a gardenlike place, it could not remove the noxious local gases and Almas's atmosphere would never be exactly pure.[1]

how rivan got his name

Darth Rivan was a Zelosian male who was a Sith Lord during the time of the New Sith Wars, having taken his Sith name from a corrupted Sith manuscript which identified Darth Revan, the Dark Lord of the Sith who was redeemed during the Jedi Civil War, as "Rivan

darrsin planned on claiming the sith title darth malus
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darsin

"Please, powerful Jedi, be merciful! Do not destroy the poor, lost, weak-willed fool enslaved by Darth Rivan all those centuries ago!"
    ―Darsin, to the Heroes of Cularin[src]

this is probly how darth sidious got the ability
    Portions of Rivan's journals were excavated and recovered from his Almas fortress during the Clone Wars, and presented to the Jedi Council on Coruscant for study.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  2. SithOverlord101

SithOverlord101 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2018
    No - Rican was quite mediocre; although that Darkstaff was pretty neat.

3. Rainbow Serpent

Aug 23, 2018
    r
    reply but rivan the time travleing revan fanboy can use the overhyped force storms and he timetravled 300 years into the future which is a clear refrence to how revan was imprisoned for 300 years

4. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    GOOD POINT

5. Rainbow Serpent

Aug 23, 2018
  6. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    Rivan is FAR weaker than Vitiate.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Darkstaff was responsible for the time travel, to be fair. So that’s hardly a skill that can be associated with Rivan.

He did do some rather inventive things with the spirit of a Sith - entwining several to one person, and fixing one to a point.

I would not describe him as the most powerful Sith, though. He did not do anything particularly memorable outside the Cularin system, so his galactic import is relatively minimal, though I like to assume he was responsible for the 1433 BBY victory (though I have no proof).

But in comparison to say Ragnos, Sadow, Vitiate, Kun, Revan, Traya, Sion, Nihilus, Marr, the Dread Masters, Ruin, the Dark Underlord, Bane, Ramage, Plagueis, Sidious, Maul, Tyranus, Vader, Caedus, Vol and Krayt...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Rainbow Serpent

Aug 23, 2018

it was the force storm that he created that time travled him. he could only make force storms with darkstaff so mabey only darkstaff force storms can time travle. it was not time travel that cut him off from the force it was the darkstaff because one of his apprentaces followed him through time when the dark staff was out of the question and was not cut off from the force

and i personaly thought him to be in the top 5 strongets sith lords behind lord scourge because he immortal and vitiate and perhaps sidious luke and revan but i think thats stretching it and i agree vitiate is stronger sithoverload101

i think he is one of the strongest sith because he time travled and can force storm but he would get destroyed copletely if faced against some of the people you mentioned. because chances are he wont use force storm on them im 99 percent sure and time travle does nothing combat wise. his base strength is not that great. it is like if i could make force storms and terra form planets and time travel with the force but then i get in a fight with darth marr and i last 0 seconds. am i stronger than darth marr

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    There’s no proof that Rivan could use Force storms without the Darkstaff. None whatsoever, as far as I am aware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SithOverlord101 likes this.
  10. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    No, Darth Marr is far stronger than you.

Rainbow Serpent likes this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I do miss Darth Marr.

That he became a Force Ghost baffles.

12. Rainbow Serpent

Aug 23, 2018
    i love marr

SithOverlord101 likes this.
  13. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    Yeah, Marr is awesome.