main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is Darth Vader really a Sith Lord?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by shmewtwo, Jan 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shmewtwo

shmewtwo Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2017
    How is Darth Vader considered to be a sith lord as opposed to a regular dark jedi? He doesn't appear to have learned the teachings of the ancient sith, all he really seems to be is an agent for palpatine and his empire. he obviously does crave power for himself, due to his offer to luke (overthrow the emperor and rule the galaxy) in The Empire strikes back, and in Legends, his training of starkiller. while this in itself is a characteristic of the sith, many sources seem to say that learning the teachings of the sith order is a major part of being a sith lord.

Darth Rozic likes this.
  2. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    In Legends he did interact with artifacts and lore somewhat.

This a guy who at one point survived a cave collapsing the same way Darth Sion kept walking, sheer hatred and willpower.

He is a Sith.

3. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    He was granted the title of Darth by Sidious using traditional sith practices. There should be no doubt that he's a Sith, even if you just go by the movies.

Sent from my Alcatel_4060O using Tapatalk

4. shmewtwo

shmewtwo Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2017
    well, seeing that you've been a member here since i was 5, was it at least a good question? Just recently, i'm diving hard into legends. halfway through thrawn trilogy, with dark empire and Revan novel on deck.

5. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

[​IMG]

Iron_lord and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  6. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    You at least acknowledged the difference between a dark Jedi and a Sith so it wasn't entirely an uneducated question.

It was indeed a good question regardless.

Sent from my Alcatel_4060O using Tapatalk

7. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
    I know one thing Darth Vader is sexy as all hell xxxx well before the prequel Rubbish and child killing

8. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Well, in Bane's Rule of Two era, your Sith Master is the only one who can declare you Sith Lord.

Before Ruusan, I think you have to rule a planet (See Knight Errant), then you automatically are a Sith Lord, even if you were female.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.