main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Is it illegal to be a Sith ?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by gezvader28, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    Yup, and that’s what George Lucas said on the matter, that the Jedi began as a religious sect with no knowledge of the a force and only learned how to control it through generations of study and trial and error

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
  2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I didn't say that didn't happen and Lucas backed that up through the backstory presented in the second draft of ANH. But, stated that the extermination of the various Force sects means the end of their teachings. That's why it is important that the teachings like the Jedi texts are preserved, and that the knowledge must be passed on.

3. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    So The Je’daii.

4. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    There's no such thing in Lucas canon and Disney canon. There was a holy man who discovered the Force on his own and taught it to his children and they repeated that, before deviating to train outsiders. From that there came the Jedi and the Daygonan, and from there came the Nightsisters and Nightbrothers, and finally the Sith and the Ren.

5. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    forest>trees

the point is, there is much more than just Jedi and Sith, a point you appear to be dismissing in one breath and agreeing in another.

6. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Mace knows this how? Dooku was in opposition to Palpatine, there's plenty of evidence of that.

source ?

7. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Right, but only the Sith are trying to take over the Republic. The Sith are the only ones besides the Jedi and the Daygoan, with a depth of knowledge about the Force. Especially the dark side.

There are only two Sith at a time. They know Dooku is the Apprentice and not the Master. They know that Dooku is Tyranus and he recruited Jango to be the clone template.

JANGO: "I was recruited by a man called Tyranus."

DOOKU: "The truth? What if I told you that the Senate was under the control of a Sith Lord called Darth Sidious."

OBI-WAN: "You're Tyranus?"

DOOKU: "I told you everything you needed to know on Geonosis."

That means they are allies, not enemies. Mace realizes with this final piece of the puzzle that the picture is now complete.

You're really questioning if the police have the authority to charge a suspect who resists arrest?

8. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    that is what you said.

This is just simply not true, or not true in a universe with any credibility.

Anybody who knows the force can teach people the 'dark side' of it

anyone can teach their student 'look if you do this you can choke someone' and 'look here enough hatred and anger and you create electricity from your fingertips'

you don't have to be a 'Sith Lord' to teach anybody these things, nor do you have to be a 'Sith Lord' to know Sith Lore.

Otherwise, our little green friend is as guilty as sin. And a Sith lord

[​IMG]

unless you are going to tell me Yoda was making a generalised statement on how things work "a master of the force always has an apprentice, no matter what sect" in which case, he is making a redundant statement...to a Jedi master no less, or he's he making a wild assumption on the Sith that happened to be correct.

9. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    The teachings vary between sects. The Daygonan teach the Force, but not the same way the Jedi do. The Daygonan teachings center around communing with the Force, but the Jedi teach diplomacy and combat. The latter of which includes not surrendering to the dark side. The Ren can use the Force, but not to the same degree that Kylo Ren could use it, as he had Jedi training. Thus he was stronger due to that.

Ventress assumed the title of Sith and thought she knew enough until she met Dooku. He then taught the teachings of the Sith, which eventually resulted in Palpatine ordering her death. And as Palpatine told Anakin, Plagueis had taught him everything before being killed. There is knowledge to be acquired from the Master.

Look at Luke, Ezra and Rey. Luke needed training from Yoda, in order to face Vader, who thought Obi-Wan taught him. Ezra could feel the Force, but he needed Kanan to become a Jedi. Rey trained with Luke and then Leia, the latter of whom helped her to prepare for Ben and Sidious. Hell, Qui-Gon had to be taught how to become a ghost and then he taught Yoda and Obi-Wan, who then taught Anakin.

You can learn to throw punches, but you need an actual boxing trainer to learn to box. This extends to all forms of martial arts training. Same with wrestling, fencing and dancing.

Watcherwithin likes this.
  10. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    My mentor taught me everything about the force...including the nature of the darkside

darth-sinister: he must be a Sith, Cuz I heard in my copy of ROTS 'my mentor taught me everything about the force, including the nature of the Sith

if there was one form of boxing style I'd agree

if there was just one form of Kung Fu (where there are in fact hundreds) I'd agree

if there was one form of dancing: I'd agree (again, there are hundreds if not thousands, you can't expect a ballet tutor to teach break dancing)

11. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    The Je'daii are canon again, according to the Force and Destiny: Nexus of Power. This ties into the Force and Destiny Beginner's Game which made Tython canon again.”

12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Let's put it simply; the Sith are the only ones who have studied every aspect of the Force, from every sect. The Ren do not have that knowledge. The Witches of Dathmoir come close, but they lack the ambition of the Sith. Thus a Sith would teach another Sith not only all aspects, but the machinations of the Sith. They wouldn't get that from Dathomir. And Anakin is the one who identified Palpatine as a Sith, due to the story of Darth Plageis. Something Mother Talzin wouldn't know about.

Fair enough, but they are gone.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Gone but not forgotten.

14. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    really? where is your source for this?

Kato Sai likes this.
  15. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I agree with Dandelo. I mean from my studies, Sith frown on learning the Jedi Path and The Lightside, but do not forbid it; but they so focus on the darkside and believe its the source of power, there really is no encouragement nor desire to learn the Light. Same for other sects.

Dandelo likes this.
  16. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Darth Sidious himself.

Their knowledge comes from their origins as Jedi to begin with. So they are familiar with their teachings, but do not practice their restraint. Whereas the Jedi would never teach the dark side from any sect.

17. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    Sidious loves democracy you know,
    he loves the Republic

he told me so

18. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Palpatine had him killed . how is that an ally?
    yes. Source?

19. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Of course he loved democracy. It was easy to manipulate into a dictatorship. Not everything the Sith say is a lie.

Mace doesn't know that Palpatine told Anakin to kill Dooku in cold blood.

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/crime-penalties/federal/Battery-on-Officer.htm

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/crime-penalties/federal/Resisting-Arrest.htm

20. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    lolwut?

it was corruption that made it easy, not democracy itself

Kato Sai likes this.
  21. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    The rules within the Republic Senate were flexible enough to be exploited by him. There was nothing in the constitution that would prevent him from gaining political power. The corruption was only one part of it.

22. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    I can see why you are called darth sinister now

you think democracy as a concept is weak :p

23. Cad_Bane's_Hat

Cad_Bane's_Hat Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2022
    Didn't the Senate amend the constitution like a dozen times to give him more power?

Jedi Knight Fett and Kato Sai like this.
  24. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Right. But it started with Emergency Powers, which gave him more power than what was allowed. If it didn't exist, he wouldn't have been able to keep gaining more power. He manipulated a system that had exploits. The constitution itself should have had rules that would forbid advocating more power to the Chancellor, even in an emergency.

25. Cad_Bane's_Hat

Cad_Bane's_Hat Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2022
    I agree in part, but I think a large part of it is that the system was full of people who were easily manipulable. The constitution itself must've been somewhat robust if they had to keep adding changes to it, and the grant of emergency powers was one of those amendments. The system was definitely frail by that point, but Palpatine couldn't have gotten that far without the Senate just rubber-stamping his every whim out of mere political convenience.

Kato Sai and Jedi Knight Fett like this.