main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Is Mexico missing out on an opportunity?

Discussion in 'Community' started by beezel26, May 18, 2015.

1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Despite what we know about Mexico outside from the daily new shows, Mexico itself is quite different from America. Yet due to the land of opportunity up north most of its residents keep coming north to low paying jobs. Now normally that doesn't sound bad but to Mexico its a lost of opportunity for the next generation. Why, because as kids born in America or who are here illegally get schooled in North America their chances of success go up. Even going to college in America if possible. But Mexico is missing out on a perfectly good opportunity. Instead of allowing those students to stay in America invite them home. Invite them to attend universities there. Trust me its pretty cheap per semester. Like 150 dollars US in some places. I can tell you Mexican universities and cities are not some sort of back water place the media makes it out to be. No in fact Mexican cities are in fact equivalent to many cities in America.

Mexico can use that developed talent to make the future for themselves. Hey the Chinese and the Indians have done this. Use America's education system and then take it home and expand upon it.
    Mexico could be giving grants to illegal immigrant children who get good grades to go to school in America for the programs it needs to survive. For example, medicine and education. Engineering and nanotechnology. Mexico need only to open its doors to those over the border and allow them to come home and be welcomed.

Or if it really wants to, pay for a few of them to get educated in Canada. Get them student visas and they will have no fear of getting deported.

Let's face it, with a real education and prospects and help from the Mexican govt the next generation can build a better Mexico. Build a stronger Mexico.

2. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Speaking of higher ed, I've often wondered b whether you're a cultural anthropologist at some major research university running a long term experiment on us.

jp-30 likes this.
  3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

4. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Is Mexico missing out on an opportunity to make $14k? Yes.

jp-30 likes this.
  5. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    i miss ender

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

anakinfansince1983 likes this.