main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Is Star Wars animation dying?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Vizzy91, Dec 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
    I think I just start by saying that I have nothing but love for all the animated series we have gotten over the years. TCW was the show that I grew up with and the show I have nothing but love and appreciation for. Rebels started of slow but in the later seasons started to get to the same level with TCW and Resistance just keeps getting better and better every week. Forces of Destiny is the one we don’t need to talk about tho.

But if these shows were as great as I say they were why is the animation on its last legs?

[​IMG]

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    You do know that TCW is coming back using the same animation, right?

3. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    And what happens next for Star Wars animation?

I don't hear any animated series coming up after TCW and Resistance wraps up.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well considering bringing back TCW was a monumental task in it of itself, I'd imagine it could be some time before we know where it goes from here. You have the live actions shows like Mandalorian and the upcoming Kenobi series.

5. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    That's also a problem. Live action shows may kill off Star Wars animation.

”Oh you mean the kid’s show” is the most common answer you hear when asking someone if they have seen the Clone Wars or Rebels or the Resistance. You would never call the Mandalorian a kids show and that’s the final reason for Disney to move away from the animation. More people are open to watching it and that means more money. It’s possible to make a ”cartoon for adults” like we have seen more and more in the later years from shows like Bojack Horseman and well Rick and Morty. But the stigma is still there. With live-action, it’s easier to market it for all audiences. Because the fact is that Disney needs older fans to come and watch their shows.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Please tell me you're not going to force me to bring up the same examples of why TCW is far from being considered a "kid's show" once again. It gives me a headache arguing over the same thing time after time.

7. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    Ok but like I asked my friends if they'll watch the show and they're like, that kids show from years ago?

I know it has elements that don't make it a kids show but you know the animation stigma exists sadly.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'll leave convincing your friends that it's not just a kid's show to you. You're one to defend TCW, right?

9. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    I have a feeling that any future show that targets the same audience that TCW does will be in live action, though. Filoni is getting his sea legs in live action and the messaging from him seems to be that a Star Wars story is a Star Wars story regardless of the medium. Even Lucas might have done TCW in live action if it was remotely feasible at the time.

And I've already seen comments (even before The Gunslinger) that The Mandalorian is a live action cartoon. Don't ask me what that phrase means, I can't figure it out.

10. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Whether or not SW Animation dies is up to the creators. Will they make content that appeals to the entire fandom or are they going to dumb it down into kid shows. Look the feelings a lot of us have over Resistance. Good Star Wars is good Star Wars whether live action, animated, book, comic, etc..

11. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    The Clone Wars revival will do insanely well and we are gonna get more of that.

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I love fatalistic musings as much as the next guy, but this doesn't really need to be a thread. There will be more animated shows. kthxbye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.