main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR Is Star Wars: The Old Republic canon?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by MrMojoRisin, Feb 24, 2017.

1. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    So I'm sure this has been debated before, but I couldn't find anything about it (feel free to delete this if it has). I know that Disney has stated that anything officially produced from the point that Disney bought Star Wars would be considered canon. TOS is still active and has had updates and expansions several times since Disney bought SW. So would it be considered canon? I realize that it started production before they bought it, but so did the Clone Wars tv series... If it is canon that would make Darth Malgus, Reven, etc. all canon.

2. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    No its legends

3. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    No, like the rest of the EU, TOR is a part of "Legends" and one of the only ongoing parts of "Legends" left. Probably the only reason it is still ongoing is because it was a major investment by EA, so it isn't worth it for EA to abandon it, even though they ended up with the Star Wars license.

4. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Soon the last remnants of the Old Canon will be swept away!

5. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    That's what I thought. Just wishful thinking I suppose. Good to know that at least a part of the EU is alive and well. And current.

6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Old Republic Era should be considered canon, but Disney disagrees (it was never canon prior, as well)

7. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005
    The answer to your question is: Yes in my head, it is canon! :cool:

MrMojoRisin likes this.