main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is TFU the reason Jedi Knight 3 never happened ?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by fastcooljosh, Apr 23, 2017.

1. fastcooljosh

fastcooljosh Jedi Master star 2

Mar 15, 2017
    Am I the only one who wonders why a Jedi Knight 3 never happened ?
    Jedi Knight 2 got stellar reviews . Even the Spin Off Jedi Academy was cool.

Was it because of TFU ? And was TFU the unofficial Jedi Knight 3 ?
    And do you think a new Jedi Knight Game set in the new Canon will ever happen ?

2. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Yes.
    Yes. No.
    No.

Kynirin likes this.
  3. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I'd love to see Kyle Katarn return to the franchise, but it's very unlikely.

Moreover, I think aspects of his character were already incorporated into Kanan in Rebels and Cassian in R1: the "ruthless operative" and the "Jedi who lost and found his way" from his Dark Forces and Jedi Knight days.

I'm not sure what role The Force Unleashed played in all this. Probably not a lot, I mean there were a lot of different concepts for TFU (Darth Maul game, Wookie game, etc.)

Antipode likes this.
  4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The short answer: no.

SWToR is, in theory, the unofficial final installment but the Revan novel is more or less KoTOR III.

Antipode likes this.
  5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    They are referring to the Jedi Knight series, not the KOTOR series.

There's really not a whole lot of room for Kyle to come back as a Jedi til after Episode IX at the earliest, considering Kylo Ren killed all of Luke's students.

Personally, I'm not a stickler for canon. I'm fine with TOR, even though it is non canon. I would take a non canonical JK3, but I find it highly unlikely.

But even if they just took those game mechanics and applied them to a new story, I'd like that too.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

6. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    It's possible someone felt bad after subjecting Kyle Katarn to the wretched awfulness of Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy that he'd been through enough character assassination?