main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is there any value in Insider mags?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Riven_JTAC, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I am moving and I am trying to declutter.

I've got almost every issue of Insider going back at least 4 years. Does anyone think there is even the slightest value in these? I don't expect a lot. I just don't want to simply throw them out or toss them in the recycling bin. If people collect these, I'd rather try to unload them.

If no one here can think of any particular value they'd have, I'll probably end up just recycling them.

Thanks!

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We don't allow advertising here but our sister site Rebelscum has a classified section. You have to register to post but it's free. You might put a post over there to gauge interest. Also you could search eBay to see if there have been any recent auctions on issues.

3. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    If it is just about not wanting to add to the landfill, then I suggest offering it up for free or the cost to ship to the interested party. That's what I did about a decade ago when I couldn't stand maintaining a physical library.

eBay shows a sold value for collections at around $1 an issue.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...lete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

When I was buying magazine sets years ago, it was of higher value to me to have entire years or a long string of consecutive issues so I didn't have to cobble together a complete set from multiple purchases with lots of repeats. So consider that as a selling point if that is the case for you.

4. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Nah, they're worthless. You should just mail them all to me and I'll make sure that they're properly disposed of.

BookExogorth likes this.
  5. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks for the info, folks.