main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Is there anything I can do to get everybody posting here again

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by echo-3, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Hi
    Im asking all the boards that have fallen off the posting wagon, Is there anything I can do to get chapters to use there boards again/more?
    If there is ANYTHING i can do or answer any question,please LMK.

Eric

2. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    Well, you have one here is willing to help.

3. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Thanks Jasper, If I can do anything let me know. In the mean time, Know this. The days where most were afraid to post anything in fear of being ban or toss out of the boards are GONE! The times where FF member feel they need to go else where to have a cool forum to communicate with each other are a memory and a new time is here. As long as the obvious rules aren't broke , no one will be treated in a way that will make them fear to post here and have fun. I promises. My mission is to build our beloved TFN boards back up to the days that were once were. If you can get the word out to any Star Wars fan, please do. I will do my best .

Eric

4. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I think it's just mainly due to RL issues. Between work/school/family priorities, some of us just don't have as much time as we'd like to be on-line, and we all have divergent schedules as far as RL meetings go. Plus, I haven't noticed any real push to get new people on the boards, which I think would be a challenge considering interest has died a bit since we haven't had anything since Ep. 3 (Did I hear correctly that they canned the TV show already, before it even aired?)

Anywho.. that's just my 3 cents (inflation and all)

Red :)

5. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    I guess the question would be -- to GG's post

is how did each of us get involved?

I know I stopped by from time to time cause I originally got involved on the fan fic boards. ..

(don't ask me how I came across tf.net -- I was 15 at the time and I sure as all heck don't remember how I found it -- probably some alta vista search for Mara Jade ;) )

We've had several picnics where we have had people that were not on the boards in attendance, but I haven't been able to get those people onto the boards themselves. . .

6. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    It started for me when I lived in Evansville. I was at Borders for one of my regular Pagan Meet-Ups, when I saw some guys over in the corner with some cool looking SW toys, so I went over to drool over them (they toys, not the boys). Turns out they were the Evansville chapter, and I joined there. I looked up this board when I knew I was going to be moving to this area, so that I would already know some people with at least one common interest. The rest is happy history :)

7. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    I found out about the fanforce while attending Celebration II. at the time there were not that many places to chat or discuss (or so I thought). at the same time I was also under the delusion there were no SW fans near me. it still rough to find fans still(financial issues), but its always worth it(mostly). [face_peace]

as far as I go on the lack of posting issue, its becoming a conflict of attention between the Rebel Legion/501st events(the charity ones), the Ohio Saber Praxeum(lightsaber enthusiast group), and Darth Real Life.

I have been on the lookout for someone to "Take the Reigns" of the Cincy Fan Force, but I have not seen anyone interested or available to hand the position off to. if anyone wants to lead the charge for a new and improved Cincy fanforce let me know.

Question: Would a once a month game day at Yottaquest be a good idea to get things moving again? :confused:

8. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    Sounds like a interesting idea, I'm game. What is yottaquest?

9. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    This would be my google guess,

[image=http://www.yottaquest.com/images/YQthumb.JPG]

http://www.yottaquest.com

but then, I am in Chicago and know nothing of the area:)

10. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    the trooper gets a cookie! =D=

Yottaquest is a centrally located (for cincinnati/tri-state area locals) comics & games store with space for playing various tabletop games. if we schedule it right, a game day spent there might be a way to get everyone together on a semi-regular basis without the extensive driving that usually has to happen for the picnics.

again this would be in addition to the picnic and would need some planning before it goes into practice. I just wanted to see if there would be any interest in doing this.

11. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I read a thread from another city with posting issue's and one thing stuck out in my mind. "Who care's about this board and who cares if no one post on it!" Well I care. I care for all of the chapter's that make up these boards and I care about EVERY single one of you that take the time to share whats on your mind. Who cares? I care and I wont stop caring.
    I'll shut up now.

12. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    As for me it is all a matter of my computer not messing up on me.

For meetings I would have an easier time with Rockin' Rooster on Glenway in Price Hill and I am fairly certain the people who run the store would like to have us.

Exalted_1, if you need someone to takeover I have the time but feel that I should be your choice only if needed.

13. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002

the trick is to want the responsibility to get the local fans to be active and post as well as coming up with offline events and meetings. if you feel that you an do that, then it should be no problem.

14. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    LMK If I can help out in any way .
    Eric

15. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Yotta quest is in walking distance of my current apartment

Menath and I are looking at houses currently and I'm sure once we have it that we'd be glad to host get-togethers there -- but that doesn't give us the publicity

:) Rockin Rooster sounds awesome as well -- but from experience I've found that people who didn't group up on the West side for some odd reason have issues finding Glenway ( is confused it's the main vein!)

16. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    yeah, I keep planning ahead and find locations that are centrally located so that while it is a drive... but it is not as bad as trying to literally cross town. transportation and location issues have been a stumbling block for offline meeting since I've been around the fan force... not sure why this is though:confused:, but offline meetings are essential for a healthy local organization.

17. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    Only the most frakking awesomest gaming store EVER!

I'm usually there Saturday, and now Tuesday nights for Board Game night, and have been known to go on Fridays as well for Magic:The Gathering tournaments. Matt and his family are wonderful people, and they just celebrated their 5th year anniversary of being in business. There is always some kind of Table Top or LARP gaming going on as well. Just a really nice place to hang out, plus he always has cool stuff for sale too (As my growing game and Magic Card collection can attest to)

18. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    Me thinks thou couldst be getting more company in the near future if ye so wished..... ;)

19. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    transportation will be an issue for me for the forseeable future, but don't let me put a crimp on things. set it up and people will come.[face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.