main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Is there anything that has been keeping you from attending meetings?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by rocksoldier, Jan 25, 2011.

?

Is there anything that has keep keeping you from attending meetings?

Poll closed Jan 25, 2011.
  1. Interested but meeting location is a problem

33.3%
  2. Interested but meeting day/time is a problem

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Interested but waiting to see if meetings will continue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Interested but unable for a different reason (please explain if possible)

33.3%
  5. Not interested in attending

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I have attended

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocksoldier

rocksoldier Chapter Rep: Detroit, MI star 1

Jul 18, 2009
    Please let us know if you are wanting to attend but cannot, and if there is anything we can do to make it easier for you to attend.

I will post a similar poll on our Facebook page, but please only participate in one or the other, please do not vote twice.

2. c3500BC

c3500BC Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2008
    Overall,I think things have been going pretty well with R2 these last months.The turnout has not been huge,but the response from those who have been attending has been largely positive.It was important to us in the beginning to not only try and find new people who may be interested in what we are doing but to also reach out to former members and invite them back as well.Hopefully,we have done that without being too annoying. :)

I think the location for the meetings seems to be working for us,at least for now.At one point,we had talked about the possibility of rotating the venues,depending on where in the state people were coming from and we can still do that once the membership starts to grow and I'm confident that it will.Personally,I have always been more concerned that the people who were showing up were enjoying the meetings rather than the numbers themselves and that does seem to be the case,based on the feedback so far.That being said,R2 Detroit is not only still around,it's still viable and it's still fun.Why keep it a secret?

I think that the truth is that we're in sort of a lull period for SW right now between Celebration 5 and the upcoming Blu-Ray releases.Obviously we do have TCW cartoon series,but I know that not everyone really watches that.2011 does look to be a big year for the franchise,so hopefully that will help.It was mentioned before that economic factors,such as gas prices may be a deterrent as well.Not much we can do about that per se,but what we can offer people is an inexpensive(i.e.,'free')night out and a couple hours of escape from life's travails.We can't fix the economy,but what we can do is try and adjust the group's activities to reflect our awareness of those circumstances.In other words,we don't expect people to drive to the meeting,buy dinner,buy a movie ticket,drinks at a bar,etc.Not that we can never do activities outside of meetings if people want that,we just don't expect it.

3. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    I would go.. but the meeting place is on the east side. I live on the West. I liked it when we used to meet in Novi. Hopefully the weather will start getting better.

4. rocksoldier

Jul 18, 2009
    thanks for the info

the more we know, the better we can make things for everyone.

5. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I'm interested, just not sure if I want to participate in another Fanforce. lol So i'm on the fence.

6. rocksoldier

Jul 18, 2009
    Things are really relaxed right now, just getting together to talk about whats new and anything else we feel like bringing up about SW or the occasional other movie or comic. There is no commitment to do anything more then just have fun discussing SW with others.

Stop by the next meeting and check it out. :)

7. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I have been interested since I joined the boards, but my schedule and other commitments prevent me from participating more.

8. rocksoldier

Jul 18, 2009

Thanks for taking the poll. I hope you can make it to a meeting, we have a great time taking SW. Just let us know if there is something we could change to make it easier for you to participate.

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.