main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Is there somewhere that lists the SW comics (existing and upcoming)?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ilsy007, Feb 9, 2021.

1. ilsy007

ilsy007 Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2021
    Is there a forum, website or thread that lists the existing and upcoming SW comics please? Perhaps one that lists the different variants of each issue as well?

All the research that I have done so far has only brought up scattered information.

Anyone could point me in the right direction (if such a place that I seek exists) please?

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    Xammer likes this.
  3. ilsy007

ilsy007 Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2021
    Thank you very much. Do you happen to know by any chance where the best places to buy SW comics are online (UK and EU shops) please?

4. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you are near the London area Forbidden Planet is your place for in-person shopping. They do online orders as well. https://forbiddenplanet.com/

Just a note that they have a few UK stores but London is the Megastore. Unfortunately due to the lockdown their stores are closed right now.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Can't help you on the EU, but UK options:
    • Amazon - should be your last resort
    • Book Depository - owned by Amazon but frequently better than them
    • Wordery
    • Speedy Hen (requires you be UK-based)
    • BooksEtc
    Of these:
    • BooksEtc don't do preorders
    • Wordery, Books Etc and Book Depository take money at the point of order
    • SpeedyHen preorders go active two months before release date
    Extra 10% off codes turn up randomly for SpeedyHen, Wordery and BD - can be useful in getting a bargain.

Don't be too loyal to any one seller either.

JediFett10 and CooperTFN like this.
  7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I use Amazon UK for the comic tpbs. Normally I check my local Waterstones as well but they are shut due to the lockdown.

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Amazon's prices aren't always the best, they're often undercut by SpeedyHen or BooksEtc - on the big books it can add up to a big difference too.

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I just don't want accounts all over the place. Amazon UK is pretty much one-stop shopping for me.

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    And Darth Bezos loves you.[face_devil]

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah well - if it works well use it..

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Ah, at what cost? The eternal questions but covid does shine a light on that - what companies do you wish to support and why?

It's practically very difficult to avoid spending any money on Amazon due to its 40+ subsidiaries, but reduction is viable.

13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I support Amazon UK because a lot of times it's the only place I can find the books I want. (I like obscure Lovecraftian horror and it's not something the local Waterstones sells. And the latter isn't open due to the lockdown anyway). I will use Marketplace sellers if the UK site doesn't have the books in stock.

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You can sometimes nab quite the deal via Marketplace.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah. I tend to go for sellers in the UK there as opposed to international. If I'm buying a non-book item in the Marketplace I also try to get an item that is 'fulfilled by Amazon' as either they or Royal Mail will usually deliver it.

17. ilsy007

ilsy007 Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2021
    LAJ_Fet and Jedi Ben thank you both very much for the useful info. I have to say that i do use Amazon quite often but I have found that one has to be quite clever about them and keep an eye because prices fluctuate quite often and quick and one can have some decent deals from there. On top of that I do get free Prime delivery through my mobile contract and their buyer protection is really good.

I do prefer to support the small UK businesses though and FP have been my main source for comics. Whereas WHSmith have had soem decent discount offers recently which make their prices very good and competitive. I do buy vinyl records as well so it's quite handy.
    I will keep an eye on the other places you mentioned Ben as well.

I live in Cheshire, UK so online is my best bet really.

Jedi Ben likes this.