main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Issues regarding the CR Code of Conduct

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by anakin_girl, Nov 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Okay, let's recap.

Yes, let's.

You didn't know who I was until you clicked on my profile. While there, you most likely saw my WUL, where Tracy is one of maybe 30 people that I'm watching, and so are pretty much everyone else posting in the thread.

Bzzz, wrong. I only looked for your name. I found your name and closed that window. End of story.

You went back to the thread, neglected to notice that pretty much everyone in the thread had the same signature and seemed to know the same in-jokes, saw Tracy say something about Jewish babies, didn't ask her about it, didn't post in the thread asking her about it

Yes, actually, I did fail to notice it. I honestly didn't know what was going on in that thread. Even if I had tried to post in the thread asking her about it, the thread would've been locked before I hit post.

didn't PM a mod to lock or edit the thread (even though you claim you were about to)

Yep, that's right. I was in the process of PMing MaidenLumpe. I have no proof other than the person I was IMing with at the time. I clicked her name, clicked send PM. Then I realized I should have a link to the thread put into the message. By the time I got back to the thread, then went to PM again (this was now in a separate window), I hit reload one more time to see if it was still open and it went locked. So I had maybe 3 mins time between when I saw the post and when I went to PM a mod. If you don't believe me, that's fine. You're entitled to that.

and yet you still think it wasn't right to even warn her before giving her a 3-day ban. Looks like you have some very well-researched opinions there.

IMO, if the offense is harsh enough, I don't think a warning is necessary. That's my opinion.

2. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    but I didn't take matters into my own hands and start handing out bans because of some perceived authority over their forums.

Neither did I.

1. My name is Becca. Not Beca. But you can call me Frank.

Ok, sorry about that. Won't happen again Frank.

2. When quoting someone that had smileys in their post, the smileys don't show up unless you type in the code for them yourself. thx.

Yeah, I know. I was being lazy.

3. Lord-of-the-Marks

Lord-of-the-Marks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    LordJedi: Bzzz, wrong. I only looked for your name. I found your name and closed that window. End of story.

Ah, rudeness. seems you can't even live up to your own standards.

LordJedi IMO, if the offense is harsh enough, I don't think a warning is necessary. That's my opinion.

See previous comment.

4. gwaernardel

gwaernardel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    IMO, if the offense is harsh enough, I don't think a warning is necessary. That's my opinion.

Once again, in your opinion. The JCC mods don't agree. *rolls eyes* We've been over this.

This guy's boring me, can you send another lackey, please?

5. Lord-of-the-Marks

Jan 17, 2003
    Yeah, I'm going to hold off until you start addressing some of my points.

Edit: We'll pick this up later.

6. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Ah, rudeness. seems you can't even live up to your own standards.

Well, if you thought that was rude, ok I guess. I suppose I could've left off the Bzzz part, but it seemed appropriate since assumptions were being made about my actions.

Nice to see that you guys stick together Mike (yes, I looked at your name and your WUL).

7. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    And last I checked, you do get to view boards that other people don't.

What--one board? And your point is?

I don't think getting to view and post on one board which is strictly for chapter-related stuff makes up for being held to much stricter standards and getting ban sentences twice as long as other people.

What's wrong with just being nice all the time?

Nothing except that if I'm required to do it, so should everyone else be.

Sure, you can't moderate, but even the mods don't get anything in return except flak (at least that's the way it seems).

I don't know--I think the power to lock threads and ban people is a nice bonus.

8. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    What--one board? And your point is?

That was my point.

And each fan force also has their own rules regarding officer conduct. No one seems to mind talking about others behind their backs until it comes to them.

9. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Ar you brining up the whole Amy thing? When that initially happened, my sole involvement in that was to send her a PM enforcing Shawn's decision. I really don't remember much discussion.

If you are talking about recently, discussing a potential come back of a member is totally different. She isn't in the fan force.

If you are talking about something ele, i am missing it.

10. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    My Fan Force is pretty lenient in how they expect me to act--they know I'm going to be me no matter what--however, that doesn't keep me from getting double-length bans or being held to stricter rules here.

As far as the talking behind someone's back--you've lost me there. I wasn't talking behind someone's back.

11. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    If you are talking about something ele, i am missing it.

Well, when you remember it, feel free to PM me. Or perhaps you'll realize that our discussions about your actions were in the same vein and went the same way.

12. gwaernardel

Nov 5, 2001
    I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about any more, but I'll lay out my case just in case anyone else feels like responding to me.

1. I don't believe there was anything wrong with Tracy's comments toward me, and I was the one she was supposedly flaming.

2. The JCC mods didn't think there was anything wrong with Tracy's comments toward me. None of her comments were even edited out by the two mods who visited the thread, one of whom is Jewish himself.

3. Even in the remote case that there was something wrong with Tracy's comments, she was not asked to edit them, talked to in private by anyone about her behavior in the thread, or warned by any mod or RSA.

4. According to the CR Code of Conduct, on the first offense of breaking the Code of Conduct, a CR will simply be "...warned. We will let you know exactly what we think you did wrong, and what we think you can do to make it not happen again." Tracy did not receive this courtesy, as, after she was already banned, she found out that she was banned for 4 days.

5. The only explanation for her being banned comes on page two of the CR Code of Conduct thread, buried in a response by Rox:

Even though the policy was not changed you can be banned without warning if the said user did something bad enough.

I can only assume that the something "bad enough" that Rox had in mind when typing this post was not something so minor that the user wasn't even warned by a JCC mod.

6. That small comment by Rox is not included in the CR Code of Conduct. It's on the second page of a two-page thread that involves many comments that none of us would even understand. How is a CR expected to read the entire thread and abide by the rules in the whole thing when the Code of Conduct has not been amended to add such a thing? The link at the top of the page is not a link to "the thread where we discuss the CR Code of Conduct and how we can make up our own rules as we go along without adding them to the CR Code of Conduct". It's a link to the CR Code of Conduct, which is stated in the first post.

Anyone feel like answering my questions? I'd prefer it be someone that can actually do something about the situation.

13. Lord-of-the-Marks

Jan 17, 2003
    mmm, I thought someone was going to explain the situation when I saw this get bumped.

Let's quit with throwing around the worthless titles and will someone just own up to the fact a mistake was made.

14. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Taken from my post in the CR forums

I will step in here and state what I said as I am being misquoted in all areas.

Several OCSWS members saw the thread. Brought it to my attention. I was not happy to see the posts. I myself new them to be in jest. However to me the posts were still deplorable. I then PM'd MJF to ask her opinion of the posts. That is all I did.

This was an internal OCSWS issue that was being discussed by our officers. I asked for an outside opinion.

The next day at our monthly meeting Droideka came to me and stepped down on her own as CR. She stated that she didn't want to deal with the politics/standards of FF.

These are the facts. Pure and simply stated.

15. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I would pay to see that happen. ;)

16. Lord-of-the-Marks

Jan 17, 2003
    I will step in here and state what I said as I am being misquoted in all areas.

Well, that right there is a luxury considering that you aren't banned and resticted from doing so.

17. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Another point: Shawn is my RSA, and not MJF

18. Lord-of-the-Marks

Jan 17, 2003
    I?ll reiterate:

Let's quit with throwing around the worthless titles and will someone just own up to the fact a mistake was made.

19. gwaernardel

Nov 5, 2001
    SRB_Jedi_Knight, I don't understand how you can claim to have so little responsibility for the situation. You're the RSA. Your job is to handle things like this. It seems like you don't think she deserve to be banned at all, which contradicts what LordJedi has been telling me all day. If you believed that, you could have reversed the decision. Again, you're the RSA.

20. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Repost from CR forum:

This was an internal OCSWS issue that was being discussed by our officers. I asked for an outside opinion.

So are you saying that nothing should have been done on the board and her punishment was the result of someone over stepping their bounds? I'm kinda confused.

I think at this point the specifics of the he said she said stuff is kinda unimportant. She got banned and stepped down. End of story. I think what has everyone all riled up is that CR's are finally realizing that the resposibilities far outweigh any benefits we have. I think the only thing really in question is why wasn't there a warning? If indeed the post ROX made in the CR Conduct thread was an addendum then the thread should be edited to reflect such. Otherwise, the mods, GSA's, RSA's need to follow code when handing down punishments.

One last thing: I think it is unfair to continue to discuss droidekka27 when she can't respond. If people are going to discuss her specifically they should use the sister thread in FF Comms.

But again that's just me.

21. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    I will not reverse the decision of another moderator or RSA.

SRB_Jedi_Knight, I don't understand how you can claim to have so little responsibility for the situation. You're the RSA. Your job is to handle things like this. It seems like you don't think she deserve to be banned at all, which contradicts what LordJedi has been telling me all day. If you believed that, you could have reversed the decision. Again, you're the RSA.

No i think she should have been banned from a YJCC mod. I think everyone of you should have been. That wasn't my decision to make. My decision is what is best for my Fanforce. Not only that I will not make RSA/Moderator decisions on anyone within my fanforce. Due to the fact that I would be Biased because of my friendships with them.

And yes I am an RSA. However as I just stated I will not reverse a decision made by another RSA or Mod.

So are you saying that nothing should have been done on the board and her punishment was the result of someone over stepping their bounds? I'm kinda confused.

No what I am saying is that I had asked for an opinion that is all. I still feel some sort of disciplinary action should have been taken by the FF Administration regardless. However we were handling this internallly within OCSWS.

22. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    My decision is what is best for my Fanforce. Not only that I will not make RSA/Moderator decisions on anyone within my fanforce. Due to the fact that I would be Biased because of my friendships with them.

Wouldn't you be best suited to make that decision? And anyways, I met you through FF, and it's not like we're super best friends or anything... It's a friendship, yes, but... we're both professional when it comes to ocsws.

And why would an uninformed party be the best person to make the decision?

If you were deferring to her because you are a newer RSA (which is what i assumed) that's somewhat logical. But you are my RSA and as such are in charge of making decisions based on me.

I think it was your place to handle this.

23. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Not only that I will not make RSA/Moderator decisions on anyone within my fanforce. Due to the fact that I would be Biased because of my friendships with them.

You, like all the other RSAs, were promoted because we believed you could do what is best for the boards in spite of your friendships with some of its members. It's your job, so suck it up maggot! :p

24. Lord-of-the-Marks

Jan 17, 2003
    Ugh...

Can we get some accountability?

25. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    like I said before though. I did not ask MJF for anything other than an opinion. That is all. I wanted an outside source besides my own.

It was not my intention that Tracy get banned for it. However another RSA felt differently. That RSA made the decision.

Once Tracy was banned I was not going to overturn what another RSA did. For one reason above all others. I am one of the new kids on the block and I don't need to step on anyone elses toes as far as it is concerned to other RSA's. I mean I wouldn't want them stepping on mine.

Were there things that could have been handled differently? Yes you bet, there are things by all parties which could have been handled differently.

Are there things being learned from this? Yes you bet there are. We are learning how to do things differently in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.