main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive "It has already begun." The world of the Matrix

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by JediCouncilMaster, Dec 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    OOC: Well, on my end, things don't look too good. Sith-I lost interest, same with Livi, and most likely DVC as well.

And I'd like to add that it seems like an incredibly stupid thing to tell us to not leave the game without a good reason. This isn't the Mob afterall. Boredom seems like a pretty good reason for jumping ship. There's no one else left aside from the people who posted on this page, it seems. And JCM had to go and get himself tempa-banned. There's not much of a sense of direction or excitement, aside from Don Quixote and Sancho Panza here. I dislike being Nihlistic, but there's no real point. People are leaving, which causes a decline in excitement and content, thus more people leave. Our state of game is weak, Mr. President, and it needs a shot in the arm.

We need long term goals, victory conditions, something that's worth going towards, otherwise no matter how cool our characters are, we're just treading water. And that gets tiring after a while, unless you can make some kind of interesting side story about it.

2. LORDVIGILANCE

LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    ***GM's note***

I can do whatever I want, whenever I want, hence the name GM. Now all we need to do is to cooperate? Understood. This RP will not sink down under, do I make myself clear? Now there will be major changes, just be patient. You're not helping here. I've had more experience in these parts, so I would appreciate it if you don't treat people like dirt. It's so ironic people like you act this way and you're considered to be "experienced" people. In time, patience will pay off Justice. Justice will be served....Democracy or no Democracy. Communism or no Communism. Fascism or not, This will not go 6 feet down under.

3. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    OOC: Sorry if I sounded hostile, that wasn't my intention. I was voicing my opinion without specifically altering your game without your permission. We don't need to start a flame war by insulting people or having a GM pissing contest.

4. LORDVIGILANCE

LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    ***GM's Note***

Well do ask next time. Keep your opinions to yourself, unless they pertain to the RP. No need to be onerous. You are so tenacious. Now, if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say it. It's as simple as that. Do I make myself clear? Good. That's what I thought. No hard feelings, you just need to obey. Carry on...this goes for all of you lurkers...I know you're out there.

5. DarthMakoid

DarthMakoid Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2005
    Nexus

He couldn't bring himself to tear away from this fight. Nexus has seen agents fight, but never amongst themselves. He finally pulled away, but danger was near.

Tag:Any

6. Schoolgirl_Bounty

Schoolgirl_Bounty Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2005
    Actually, I am pulling out of this RP. Nobody I was interacting with is around anymore, and, I'm sorry, but after reading that last outburst from the GM, I have the feeling that I don't want to be here. Please consider Persphone a dead character, or NPC.

Just remember, not even god abuses his power.

7. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    OOC: I'd just like to officially withdraw from this rpg as well- sorry, you guys, but this isn't what I thought it would be. Kudos to JCM for trying, but I don't think the Matrix can really work in an rpg format. Add to that the fact that the whole Last Bolt crew was a) ignored and b) has now mostly gone, and I think that there isn't really aplace for me here anymore.

Consider Rada and Rip gone. Seeya!

8. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Okay-dokey, I am formally withdrawing from this RPG, due to the loss of most of my hovership crew due to stagnation.

My leaving is not the GM's fault, and I think he made a valiant effort at running a game while at the tender age of 15.

As for his recent posts, I think he should be congratulated for the most civilised and formal act of throwing one's dolly out of one's pram that I have yet witnessed on the RPF.

Sir, I salute you. =D=

9. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    OOC:

Here's my Official Resignation

JCM - You did a Brilliant Job GMing this RP...but I think you bit off a bit more than you could chew...and probly should have taken on a few experienced Co-GMs. You're a great RPer...just a bit rough around the edges. Hope to see you back after the Tempa-Ban...
    Before I continue, I'd like it to be known that I am leaving due to Inactivity in the thread and IRL time constraints. That being said...

LORDVIGILANCE - Ever heard the phrase "Respect your elders"? Well...in the RPF (Well, RPFs now) We treat more experienced players as our elders...because with out them we'd be lost. Truely lost. GM's aren't all mighty...and the best GM's, in my opinion, accept input from players with open ears, not throw a Tyranical Hissy Fit. Though, I do applaud your ussage of big words to try and make the rest of us feel slow and Inadequate. Bravo.

Plus, I'm pretty sure you just beat my top score in Angy Rant.

You know what's the most Ironic thing, since you seem to be into irony, is that you said, and I quote, "
    This will not go 6 feet down under." But, that post, and your attitude have driven all the characters away...essentialy digging the grave for this RPG.

I belive it was Mark Twain that said "I did not attend his funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it."

Good Bye.

10. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    To whom it may concern,

I am saddened by this recent turn of events. For whatever reason, the former Game Master has been separated from this RPG. As you might expect, things are not quite the same with JediCouncilMaster absent. While I admire and appreciate someone stepping in to fill the position of 'leader', I cannot say that I like where this game is being led.

Recent posts have given me reason to expect and believe that trouble will brew should this thread remain open. On that note, I am closing it. Any grievances, for I expect them, will be welcome within my PM Box, but know that this thread will not be unlocked anytime soon, if at all.

To those who would still wish to explore a future Matrix RPG, the PM Box is open to you, too. Feel free to petition an unlocking of this thread, provided you have good reason and just cause for such an event to be considered given recent developments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.