main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It is clear to me that the republic no longer functions

Discussion in 'Communications' started by RidingMyCarousel, Dec 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Thanks, that's very helpful. I'll get right on it.

Your options at this point are as follows:

1. Leave
    2. Stay around and try to help fix whatever it is you're so upset about.
    3. Stay around and make cryptic remarks about the foundation, not remedying anything and giving yourself an ulcer in the process.

Whatever. :p

2. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    RockDragon, your post will get us nowhere without any specifics. Unless you provide some details, I'm afraid there's nothing we can do.

Vertical

3. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Something bad happened somewhere recently. I'll get to work on that right away.

4. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    I did not read through this hole thing yet. But I do have this to say. Vertical, Josh, The Administrators, The Managers, and The Mods already do a lot. On top of trying to make sure this place is a place where people can come and talk about Star Wars. They also have real life things to do. Sometimes the have to leave because something happens and they can't keep doing this.

But what I also found out is this we may not be able to see each other but we do get to know each other and in some cases. No many cases a lot of us become freinds with each other. The problem lies with the fact that we do need Vertical, Josh, Admis, Managers, and Mods because if we did not this place would go to hell.

But all Vertical, Josh, The Mods, The Admis, and The Managers should not be alone in running TF.net, TJC, or TFF. The members who are not mod, admis, and managers can help. How can we help you ask here's how:

1. Help by watching out for thing such trolling, spamming, and flaming.

2. Well we may not all have the power to ban someone who is doing things they should not. Let the peoepl who start problems know that what they are doing is wrong. Let them know about the rules, and the TOS. link them to it. maybe even PM them to let them know the PM's are the best why to deal with a problems that you amy have with another member.

3. Remember that well we can not see each other many of us have become friends with each other. Rmember that a lot of us have feelings. Here something I lreand in a class I had something I think all of us should remember.

You can't see me but I still have feelings watch what you type or say because we don't know if you are serious or not. Watch what you type we don't know if your really kidding around or not. we can not see your face to tell. In other words lets be kinder to each other. We all ready have enough problems in this world. We don't nee more problems this is place where people form all over the world can come and talk. So lets make it the best place on the net. Because when the rest of the world seems to be going to HELL RIGHT NOW I come here to get away form that. I come here so I don't have to here about how the US may ot may not be going to WAR.

If we can't work things on in a peaceful way. Well then this whole place should just be closed. I would not want that because it's a nive place to come to. A place where I can read fanfic, and meat new people AND 1ST AND FOR MOST TALK ABOUT STAR WARS. I don't know you started this site. But lets keep it the why it should be a nice place to come to.

Thank you I knwo this may not be the most well writen post but please read it and thin about what I have posted.

Danny(A.K.A anidanami124)

5. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    Something bad happened somewhere recently. I'll get to work on that right away.

[face_laugh] LMAO!!!

6. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
  7. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Go find it, Sape [face_laugh] :p

An organization without arguments, disagreements, and problems is not a healthy organization. Everyone has problems. It's how you deal with them that ultimately counts.

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    An organization without arguments, disagreements, and problems is not a healthy organization. Everyone has problems. It's how you deal with them that ultimately counts.

I demand GroupThink!

EDIT: To below...

Groupthink is a concept that was identified by Irving Janis that refers to faulty decision-making in a group. Groups experiencing groupthink do not consider all alternatives and they desire unanimity at the expense of quality decisions. Learn more about groupthink and then complete the interactive exercise at the end of the discussion.

9. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    Grope Think???

EDIT: To above- Havent you heard of me? I'm the dyslexic pimp who bought a warehouse! :p

10. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    well, sometimes group thinking can become mob rule, whether it's members or staff. :eek:

11. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Why the heck did everybody laugh at Sape? I said it first, darn you all! :mad:

:p

12. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Rogue-1...
    Yeah, but you also tried to list options, instead of being totally sarcastic.

In the future, try to be less helpful and we'll laugh at you more. [face_mischief] [face_laugh]

13. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Yeah, what was I thinking, being helpful?

Like that? Was that good? :p

14. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Try this:

"Genghis = poopyhead"

I'll laugh.

Then I'll tell you that I can cure you of your gullibility if you send me 10 bucks with paypal.

¤Night

15. RockDragon

RockDragon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    I'm sorry for my very, very, vague post last night. There is nothing that any of you can do anyways. I was just mad about the situation, and didn't know where else to go. I talked with Rogue1.5 last night a little bit. But I got a pm from DA, and I told him more about what happened. I am sorry about the post, I should have just gone to a mod with the entire situation in the first place. So that last post can be completely disregarded. Sorry for any inconvienences or such.

Sincerely,

RockDragon

16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    RidingMyCaroselOnYou:
    I wondered why I saw you in blue and by the weird way I found this thread. Its taken me two days but I've read the entire Bane/Carter thing and this thread along with Josh's situation and the mod update.
    I always found you to be a fair and just mod.
    And hope that one day you might retuurn to moderate these boards again. Until then relax and enjoy. I hope to see more of you in
    the Aayla Secura forum.

17. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    "But I got a pm from DA, and I told him more about what happened."

Sorry, that was that "helpful" thing again, right?
    I have to watch that in the future.....

18. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Geez, what are you all trying to say, you Mods you?

You want us to actually post specific references to our problems?!!
    Hell, next thing I know you'll be demanding we post links to specific problematic threads! :eek:

What, are we supposed to do all your work for you? ;) You lazy ModSquad you. :)

19. Toot_Pants

Toot_Pants Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2002
    I've just read this entire post and I am disgusted for things and some such. Certain things have happened and recently a very secret situation came to a head that made me heli-disgusted with certain variables in operation on this internet web junction. This afore mentioned culmination of events has led me to the conclusion that we have termites in the wood of this internet house residence. Moreover, I think someone, and you know who you are, needs to call Ram-jack foundation repair to fix the crumbling concrete type substance inside my computer that the TFN web house sits on. Lets get our head right with ball and try to fix this think or so help me, I will leave this so-called "Electric House." Then what will you do?....what will you do?

20. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    I still push buttons on my computer randomly and despondently, as usual. The only difference is that this action will not transmute itself into the literal blessings you all get every time one of my posts is read.
    A day you should all beward of...and lament the possible passing thereof.

Tea and Biscuits anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.