main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga It Makes My Dome Hurt:R2 Remembers ANH-CONCLUDED! Updated 01/17/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by brodiew, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Title: It Makes My Dome Hurt
    Characters: R2-D2 and all your OT favorites.
    Time Frame: ANH
    Genre: dramedy
    Summary: R2 recounts ANH
    Disclaimer: It all George's jungle
    Autours Note: From a plot bunny by Lola64

I remember my brothers dying in battle around me?

I remember standing before the queen, being praised for my bravery?.

I remember a little boy attacking a Trade Federation blockade?with me at his side?

I remember Anakin and the senator in danger?

I remember flying?

I remember Anakin and General Kenobi on Grievous? ship?

They needed me.

Now, the Princess needs me, and the name Kenobi has only a faint familiarity.

Our escape and subsequent crash was dramatic, but not as terrible as C-3PO would tell. We survived. We weren?t damaged. He likes to fret. Sometimes, I think it?s the actual fuel that keeps him going. Yes, we split for a while after we landed planetside. I knew where I was going and Goldie didn?t. He knew nothing of the message. I tried to tell him, but he wasn?t interested. I was not going to follow him this time. I had a mission.

As the Force would have it, we were reunited by the Jawas. That tazer, or what ever it was, hurt more than I thought it would. It does more than just put you to sleep. It shocks your systems into dormancy. I won?t lie to you; I was as excited to see C-3PO as he was to see me when we found each other on that sand crawler. I didn?t realize, no matter how capable I am, that being alone is not a comfortable existence.

I have to hand it to my partner. He did not hang me out to dry. He made it look good, but he wasn?t gonna let me go. Maybe his six million forms of communication let him know ahead of time that the Orange Old Timer was going to blow a seal. Now the two of us are in the custody of a moisture farmer and his disaffected son. The boy looks unhappy to me. I wonder what makes his life so hard. It is hot here. Maybe that?s it.

This little diversion from our original plan is making my dome hurt. I know the Princess was coming here. I know she wants me to deliver a message. I have to find this General Kenobi. C-3PO seems content with his new life. Like, being dropped on this desert planet was some kind of boon. He has always been adaptable, but we just left the Princess. How can he forget her so soon?

I have to find Kenobi?Why does that name sound so familiar?

TBC

2. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    This looks like a very clever idea. Not many stories written from the droids' point-of-view.

Well done so far. =D=

3. misssolo

misssolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2006
    now this is interesting! cant wait for more brodiew.

[face_peace]

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Very believable and interesting. PM me with updates, please.

5. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    We were just discussing this yesterday, and you already have the first post up? Wow, what a great start Brodie.

He likes to fret. Sometimes, I think it?s the actual fuel that keeps him going.

3PO is almost too human to be a droid. [face_laugh]

I was as excited to see C-3PO as he was to see me when we found each other on that sand crawler.

Awww. He likes him, he really likes him.

I have to find Kenobi?Why does that name sound so familiar?

Exactly. It is familiar because the of the ROTS faux pas (my favorite word ever FYI). They should have wiped R2's memory too, but they didn't. So how could he not remember?

Hence, the need for this fic, if only to convince me that it was possible that somewhere since then something happened to R2's memory to make him not say, "Hey, Luke's a Skywalker? So was Anakin, any relation? And Kenobi is Obi-wan. I know him."

Am very looking forward to see how you are going to do that.

6. 92SE-R

92SE-R Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2005
    Great job! I too like the PoV from the droids. R2 is probably my favorite non-human character.

Please PM me when you update.

7. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Oh, ANH from R2's point of view - I like it. :)

It will be nice hearing it straight from the droid, rather than settling for an interpretation from Threepio.

I'd like a PM as well, please.

8. Darth-Spider-Queen

Darth-Spider-Queen Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2006
    Lovely. I like your story. R2 is very cool and it is amazing to see Star wars through his eyes. :)

9. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Hmmmmmmm... interesting [face_thinking]

Can't wait for more! :)

10. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Writing from the droid POV, very challenging. But am sure your up to the challenge. Pm me I am interested where you are taking this.

BTW in DN they start to get r2 to replay recordings from ROTS era for Luke and Jacen. The series did have a few high points!

11. Rhodna

Rhodna Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2006
    ANH from R2's point of view? Now this sounds very interesting indeed! Count me in for the PM list! :D

12. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Knight-Ander: thanks, Knight. The idea was spawned by a conversation between me and Lola64 regarding R2?s supposedly wiped memory in ROTS and his repressed memories in the DN trilogy. I?m not sure how closely this will relate, but its fun writing R@ in ANH.

misssolo: thanks for reading misssolo. I appreciate you stopping in.

DarthIshtar: thanks, Ish. That means a lot.

Lola64: Thanks, Dawn. I knew you would get kick out of this. I hope to add you discrepancy in here somewhere, but its been fun writing R2. As much as it love-hate between these two, there is a valuable, long-lasting friendship.

92SE-R: Thanks, 92SE-R. You are added. I'm glad you enjoyed R2's POV.

BigE: Thanks for reading, BigE. That's the trouble with all interpretors, isn't it? You just never know.

Darth-Spider-Queen: Thanks for reading, SpiderQueen. I hope you continue to enjoy.

obsessedwithSW: thanks for stopping by, obsessed. Iknow of which you speak in DN. That is part of the inspiration behind this piece. I hope you stick around.

Rhonda: thanks, Rhonda. I appreciate the support. This should be fun. You are hereby added the PM list.

It was cold when I left the Lars moisture farm. I didn?t mind. As long as it wasn?t freezing, I?d find Obi-Wan Kenobi. I didn?t tell anyone I was leaving because no one wanted to listen. Luke had seen the Princess? message, and was intrigued, even excited, but he was not spurred to action. As I saw when I first met him, the boy seemed sad, even confined here on Tatooine. When I looked at him, something niggled at my memory circuits, but I couldn?t make a connection. Goldie (He hates it when I call him that) harangued me as usual, repeating virtually everything the boy said. I knew what I had to do. So, when the two of them weren?t looking, I went looking.

The desert was peaceful that night. At least, it appeared so through my optic sensor. I was happy not to be in the open desert. As C-3PO found out, sand gets in the most uncomfortable places. Even here, I doubt I will be able to avoid it. I was also pleased to be able to move freely along paths worn by travelers before me. Perhaps, one of these paths will lead me to Kenobi. There is that niggle again. It?s like a very subtle stray energy surge. I?ve heard other humanoid beings call it a chill or hairs standing on the back of their neck. I?m not sure whether it?s a warning or some sort of déjà vu? I?m a droid for Force sake. Why am I attributing these living being characteristics to myself? Kenobi-niggle-Luke niggle-Obi-Wan-niggle. My dome hurts even more, now.

I knew they would come after me once they noticed I was gone. The old man, Owen, had given Luke the responsibility of getting us cleaned up and on duty by this morning. I guess I threw a wrench into those plans. Luke will be scouring the desert looking for me. I?m sure C-3PO is right at his side bad mouthing me as usual. I really have no time for worrying about the needs of local teen. The fate of the galaxy rests on me getting this message delivered. The princess was desperate or she wouldn?t have given me the information in the first place. The least I could do is get it to her intended recipient.

I had my sensors going almost constantly while I was out there. I?d been scanning for any inkling of technology. I heard a lot of strange noises, some closer than others, but I hadn?t found anything. If something didn?t happen soon, I?d be stuck; my only hope, another sandcrawler.

It wasn?t long before two things happened. One, Luke?s sand speeder hit my radar. He would be here soon and my mission would be a failure. He?d wipe my memory for sure. Niggle. This has got to stop. Secondly, those noises I was hearing were getting closer and, if I?m right, a lot less friendly. Just as I wheeled into a one in a million hiding place, Luke?s speeder arrived?and there was another hit on my radar.

13. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    I?m sure C-3PO is right at his side bad mouthing me as usual. I really have no time for worrying about the needs of local teen

LOL well thats C3PO alright! Here comes Obi-Wan next!
    Good post Brodie!

14. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Good build-up to the cliffhanger. We all know what happens next, but it was pretty cool how you built the tension ever so slightly as the post continued.

Well done.

15. slow_dawn

slow_dawn Jedi Master star 2

Apr 18, 2006
    Kenobi-niggle-Luke niggle-Obi-Wan-niggle. My dome hurts even more, now.

Haha, this part made me laugh. I liked to read from R2's perspective. I also enjoyed the way R2 spoke of C3PO, it seemed to be right on. Nice post master.

16. Rhodna

Rhodna Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2006
    R2 referring to C-3PO as Goldie really cracked me up - though it suits him, somehow! ;)

I'm really enjoying seeing events from R2's point of view - it gives a whole new spin on everything. I wonder why he can't make the connection between Luke and Anakin... [face_thinking]

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh I like it! :D Please put me on your PM list! =D=

18. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    I'm loving this, brodiew! It's comical and yet... poignant at the same time. You're doing a fabulous job writing Artoo - it 'sounds' just like him!

May I be on the PM list for this, please? I don't want to miss another moment.

19. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Oh how fun! R2 rocks my universe. I remember when I first saw the films as a kid that he was my favorite character.

Can't wait for more...Will R2 recoginize "Ben"?

20. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I love this so far, I love the personality you've given Artoo. Like everyone else I'm wondering if he'll recognize Obi-Wan. Can I be added to the pm list? Wonderful story! =D= =D=

21. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    An excellent update.

I must say that 'niggle' is a funny little word. I almost laugh when it pops up.

'bad mouthing me' - no doubt! I bet Threepio complained to Luke about Artoo all the way there!

22. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    As C-3PO found out, sand gets in the most uncomfortable places.

That's still my favorite line.

R2 is such a funny little fellow.

And Obi-wan is next. *rubs hands in anticipation*

I can't wait.

23. 92SE-R

92SE-R Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2005
    Great update! The part about the sand in uncomfrotable places... I think we can all relate.
    C3-Po badmouthing R2? Never! :D

Keep up the good work!

24. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    obsessedwithSW:Thanks, obsessed. 3PO is a bit a tattletale, isn't he? We'll see if R2 recoginizes Obi-Wan.

Knight-Ander:Thanks for the kind words, Ander. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

slow_dawn: Thank you, padawan. These two have a very interesting love/hate relationship.

Rhodna:Thanks, Rhodna. that connection will soon be explored. I'm glad you enjoy R2's POV.

VaderLVR64:Glad you like it, Vaderlvr! More to come!

VA_Parky:Its nice to to have you here, Parks! I'm that it 'sounds' like R2. That is a nice compliment.

Blue_Milkshake: If he's your favorite character, then I"m honored that you enjoy the fic. As far as "Ben", we'll see.

LilyHobbitJedi:Thanks,Lily. Artoo always struck me as very smart, but with a heavy does of impertinence.

BigE: Thanks, E! Niggle seems right! I?m glad you approve. And, no doubt, 3PO was giving Luke an earful.

Lola64: Thanks for reading, Dawn! Well we know what sand does, don?t we? More to come with Obi-Wan.

92SE-R: Thank you!

Luke found me hiding and asked where I thought I was going. He?d already seen the holo, was there really any question. I explained to the boy that nothing was going to stop me from finding Obi-Wan Kenobi. The princess had charged me and I would not fail her. Of course, Goldie didn?t translate my statement accurately, but proceeded to editorialize about who my new master was and that Kenobi was no longer our concern. I was about to disagree when we were interrupted by a high pitched sound.

Luke knew the sound and wanted to investigate. He mentioned ?Sand People? but that meant nothing to me. He and C-3PO went to investigate. That was fine with me. I wanted to get back to my mission anyway. But my radar would not leave me alone. There were contacts approaching from different angles and I had no idea what to do. I tried to shout a warning, but I soon found out that I was too late.

I heard another scream, but this one was even higher, harsher, and closer. I heard scuffles and a bleat from C-3PO. There was nothing I could do. I rolled back into my hiding place to see what would happen. Soon, I saw two of the Sand People drag and unconscious Luke directly into my view. They left him there as they searched his speeder for anything of value. I knew better. Luke had nothing. I just hoped they would not turn their attention to me. I didn?t see C-3PO anywhere.

My travels, in the desert, to this point, have led me to believe it was a quiet place, but from all the noise I?ve experienced in the last few minutes, my assessment may have been premature.

SSSSKKKREEEEEK!

See what I mean? This was the loudest noise to date and it spooked Luke?s attackers. They took off running. Slowly rolling from my warren, I notice a single, robed figure coming toward us. He walked awkwardly and appeared to have a pointed head, though I knew it was the hood of his robe. I watched intently as the man approached my new ?master?. I couldn?t see his face as he knelt next to Luke and placed his hand on the boy?s forehead. Was he a doctor? I must have made a sound because he turned and looked right at me. He stood and lowered his hood. He told me not to worry and that Luke would be fine.

The man looked familiar in a way I could not place. The beard and hair were gray. That was different for sure. He seemed tired overly burdened. But, who wouldn?t, living in the deep desert?

As soon as Luke woke up, the old man was asking him all kinds of questions. The primary, of course, was what were we doing out here? He explained that I was source of all the trouble and that I was going on about my mission. It wasn?t until Luke mentioned Obi-Wan Kenobi and the plans for the battle station that the old man took a real interest. As soon as the words came from his mouth, Ben looked at me sharply.

It was that look that popped the niggle and opened my memory circuits. The beard, the eyes, the thoughtful, regal bearing. Obi-wan Kenobi! Of course! We saved the children?Luke (!) and Leia

25. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    Very, very, nice brodiew.

You know, we may kid around that C3PO is a ci-ssy'-pio, but I betcha little R2 was a bit rattled now and then in the new environment, especially with the sound Obi-wan made.

It was that look that popped the niggle and opened my memory circuits. The beard, the eyes, the thoughtful, regal bearing. Obi-wan Kenobi! Of course! We saved the children?Luke (!) and Leia (!) How could I forget?

Yeah, how could you forget? :p

Am very interested to see what he does with the information now that he remembers. Oooh, can't wait for the next update.

Still doing a great job on this. Very enjoyable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.