main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga It Makes My Dome Hurt:R2 Remembers ANH-CONCLUDED! Updated 01/17/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by brodiew, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mousie

Mousie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    This is original. I;m liking how you link in all those important moments in R2's life and how you show his feelings about C3PO. :)

2. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    It was that look that popped the niggle and opened my memory circuits. The beard, the eyes, the thoughtful, regal bearing. Obi-wan Kenobi! Of course! We saved the children?Luke (!) and Leia (!) How could I forget?

Poor R2. Sometimes an astromech droid can access only so much information at one time that he was bound to "forget" about a few important things. :p

Excellent update, browdiew.

3. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Wow. I love R2 having a voice and seeing events from his viewpoint. R2 is the coolest non-speaker in the series.. somehow you just know the little droid was saying just what you said to himself!

4. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I explained to the boy that nothing was going to stop me from finding Obi-Wan Kenobi. The princess had charged me and I would not fail her. Of course, Goldie didn?t translate my statement accurately, but proceeded to editorialize about who my new master was and that Kenobi was no longer our concern.

That's what I'm talkin' about! That darned Threepio! :p

Great update, brodiew. :cool:

5. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    YAY! Artoo is remembering! Oh, that last little paragraph made my heart go pitter-pat! What can I say? I'm a sucker for Artoo! [face_love]

Wonderful job as always. The interactions between Threepio and Artoo are so well done - you are illustrating their relationship perfectly! It cracks me up each and every time they have one of their famous squabbles.

Well done! Oh, I can't wait for the next chapter! =D=

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful!

As soon as Luke woke up, the old man was asking him all kinds of questions. The primary, of course, was what were we doing out here? He explained that I was source of all the trouble and that I was going on about my mission. It wasn?t until Luke mentioned Obi-Wan Kenobi and the plans for the battle station that the old man took a real interest. As soon as the words came from his mouth, Ben looked at me sharply.

It was that look that popped the niggle and opened my memory circuits. The beard, the eyes, the thoughtful, regal bearing. Obi-wan Kenobi! Of course! We saved the children?Luke (!) and Leia (!) How could I forget?

I can't wait to see these two interact! =D=

7. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    It wasn?t until Luke mentioned Obi-Wan Kenobi and the plans for the battle station that the old man took a real interest. As soon as the words came from his mouth, Ben looked at me sharply.

Thank You! I hate when it appears Ben doesnt remember, like how can you forget?:rolleyes:

R2 remembered! Yea Brodie nice update.=D=

8. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Of course, Goldie didn?t translate my statement accurately, but proceeded to editorialize about who my new master was and that Kenobi was no longer our concern. I was about to disagree when we were interrupted by a high pitched sound.

Since when does Threepio ever translate properly? [face_laugh] Love seeing Artoo's annoyance at having to deal with him.

Hehe...love his "niggles". Guess even droids can be forgetful sometimes. [face_laugh]

Great update!! =D= =D=

9. Rhodna

Rhodna Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2006
    Looks like the little fellow is finally starting to remember things... it'll be very interesting to see how things develop next! :D

10. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Very original! I'm loving seeing the events of ANH unfold through R2's optic sensors. [face_dancing]

I'm not surprised he didn't make the connection at first. He's had nearly 20 years of higher priority programming taking up that space. But the associative memory nets finally connected, and whammo! ROTS memories resurface.;)

Great little story. If you are sending PMs, would you send one my way? Thanks!=D=

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    What a novel, fun idea!! :) Goldie!! [face_laugh]
    Love R2's POV. =D=
    Pm's, please? :D
    Hee!! What R2 thinks of the NJO, DN and LOTF would probably be a riot! [face_laugh] ;)

12. 92SE-R

92SE-R Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2005
    YES!! as the way it should have been! R2 remembers while C3-PO is too "dignified" to try and see that R2 is actually right.

awesome update!! =D==D==D==D=

13. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    *Runs into threads* I?m back! I?ve finally caught up on all the unread PM?s from my hiatus? and am now ready for some serious reading! I?d clicked on this a few times but stopped short of reading because? well, I?ve been on a mission! [face_cowboy]

Firstly, I must say that the title of this makes me laugh. I can just see Threepio right now- ?What do you mean? your dome hurts?? [face_laugh]

Post #1

I really liked how you started off the first post- unique and rather depressing at how much memory had been stolen from Artoo (if you think about it, it was rather necessary for it to be done- he had too much vital information).

I love how he refers to Threepio as ?Goldie!? [face_laugh]

He likes to fret. Sometimes, I think it?s the actual fuel that keeps him going.

That is too true? and it?s even sad that I know someone with his exact personality in DRL. :oops:

As the Force would have it, we were reunited by the Jawas.

Ah! Irony at it?s best! :p

I have to find Kenobi?Why does that name sound so familiar?

This uncertainty was a nice touch.

Post #2

I always did wonder about Artoo?s trip to find Obi-Wan, and this fic answered all of my questions!

This POV by Artoo is a hoot- he has been written with such personality and ire.

Post #3

Hence the headaches, I?m sure- that is a lot of memory slamming back into him! I am very glad that he is remembering? how will this change the events of the original Trilogy? [face_thinking]

All in all, I tend to stay away from POV?s if I can because they seem so overused any more, but I found this one quite refreshing. It had humor, elements of seriousness, and everything I like in a fic. =D=

Could you please add me to your PM list- and you have my permission to send me a hateful PM if I don?t comment within a day (weekends being the exception)! [face_mischief]

AF

14. Shahar

Shahar Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2003
    Add me to the PM list please!! :)

15. starpwner1211

starpwner1211 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2007
    Hey!

I know why R2's memory was wiped!

It was mentioned that C3P0 and R2 voyaged alot, and certainly had their memory wiped out by cerain people in the Droids animated series (IT IS CANON, If they show it the Databank of Starwars.com, IT IS!)

So...

OKAY I'll go off and post.

Star PWNER

16. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    The ride back to Kenobi's cottage uneventuful; at least, to start. He and Luke talked about the weather, which was a short convesation, considering it was always hot and dry on Tatooine. I kept my "eye" on Kenobi the whole trip, trying to connect the Kenobi I remembered to the man I saw in front of me. I began sorting through all the recently retrieved memory files looking for the moment I last saw him. AHA! It was the Tantive IV! Wait. The Tantive IV was the ship Goldie and I escaped from just days ago. What's going on here?

I remember Anakin turning evil.

I remember Anakin and Obi-Wan stalking each other before...

I remember Padme giving birth in both physical and emotional pain.

I remember the infants, Luke and Leia, wrapped in swaddling clothes.

I remember Padme's last words: "There is still good in him."

"Still good in who?" C-3PO asked, in his oh so condescending way.

I must have spoken out in my musings, because turning my dome toward Kenobi, I saw him staring at me.

What is it? I asked, my red ocular light squarely on Kenobi.

"Artoo asks if there some kind of problem, Master Kenobi?" C-3PO translated.

"No problem," Kenobi said, his hand reaching to stroke his beard, as he turned, again, to the desert before them.

The rest of the journey was silent and short. When we arrive at Kenobi's home, he and Luke helped extract us from the speeder and led us into the house. As Luke and C-3PO entered the hut, the old man placed his hand on my dome stopping me in my tracks. He told Luke that he would be right in, but the two of us remained outside.

"Don't worry, my little friend, I don't intend to hurt you. But it is apparent that you have information beyond these rebel plans Luke was referring to. I thought this information was gone from you for good."

So you do remember me? You must. Humans usually don't have their memories wiped as droids do when they change hands.

"I'm afraid I can't understand you? Should I call the protocol droid out here?" Kenobi said.

I shook my dome. That was the last thing I wanted. I had a feeling Goldie's memory wipe was a success, and all of my memories would seem rediculous fantsy to him.

Speak your piece, Obi-Wan. I'm listening. And it better have something to do with the Tantive IV.

He must have gotten the idea of my beep and whistles, because what he said next suprised me.

"I want you to keep a secret, R2? We cannot let Luke know what has gone before."

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Like the "convo" between Obi-wan and R2. :D :D
    *sigh* The things they both remember. :(
    Great update!
    Thanks bunches for the PM. :D :D

18. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Hmm, but I want to know the secret :)

I am glad they remember each other.

19. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Don't worry, my little friend, I don't intend to hurt you. But it is apparent that you have information beyond these rebel plans Luke was referring to. I thought this information was gone from you for good."

So you do remember me? You must. Humans usually don't have their memories wiped as droids do when they change hands.

""I want you to keep a secret, R2? We cannot let Luke know what has gone before."

I like the missing scene it makes the cannon transition reasonable.=D=

20. Rhodna

Rhodna Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2006
    Somehow, I'm not surprised that Obi-Wan figured out that Artoo knows too much... it's understandable that he should ask the little droid to be silent on the matter, but somehow, I can't picture R2 being able to completely hide such a secret! :D :p

21. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I like the conversation between Ben and Luke:
    Luke: Boy, it sure is hot today.
    Ben: Yep.
    Luke: And dry, too.
    Ben: You're right. It is.
    Luke: Gonna be hot and dry tomorrow too, huh.
    Ben: Yep.

[face_laugh]

Loved that Obi-wan remembered R2. They had so many adventures together, I would be surprised if he didn't remember him. It must have seemed like a divine convergence to see Luke, C-3PO and R2 together.

P.S. - Thanks for the PM!

22. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Great update.

I kind of figured Obi-wan would remember. Sure, when he first saw the droid he might not have recognized him, since there could be others that look like him. But no one is called R2D2. He'd have remembered that name as being the droid Anakin owned.

"I want you to keep a secret, R2? We cannot let Luke know what has gone before."

I can buy Obi doing this here. Of course Luke can't know about his father yet, not until he can be trained. R2 will be a good little droid and keep his mouth shut...for now.

23. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    A nice update. :)

I must have spoken out in my musings, because turning my dome toward Kenobi, I saw him staring at me.

What is it? I asked, my red ocular light squarely on Kenobi.

"Artoo asks if there some kind of problem, Master Kenobi?" C-3PO translated.

"No problem," Kenobi said, his hand reaching to stroke his beard, as he turned, again, to the desert before them.

I can picture that. You've captured the mannerisms well.

24. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Awww, Obi-wan and Artoo share quite a burden don't they? As sad as I felt for Threepio at the end of RotS, he really was the lucky one to have his memory wiped. :(

This is such a fun story! I love the way it's filling in the blanks of ANH, and we're getting to see things from Artoo's POV, which is especially interesting. I am anxious to see what other conversations Artoo and Obi-wan have. They have a lot of catching up to do!

*standing ovation* Great update!

25. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Two of my favorite characters in one fic! [face_love]

Speak your piece, Obi-Wan. I'm listening. And it better have something to do with the Tantive IV.

He must have gotten the idea of my beep and whistles, because what he said next suprised me.

=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.