main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga It Makes My Dome Hurt:R2 Remembers ANH-CONCLUDED! Updated 01/17/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by brodiew, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    little R2 is the best of Hero's. He remembers and understands a great deal that even the humans around him do not. That he undertood something horrible had happened at Mustafar was heartbreaking.

Well done my friend.

Thanks for the pm. :)

2. Jedi_Lady21

Jedi_Lady21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2006
    This is a great story! Artoo is one of my favorite characters.
    Please Add me to the PM list. Thanks :)

3. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    C-3PO continued to "clean up" while Kenobi sat on a nearby boulder stroking his beard. He seemed to do that a lot. I'm not sure if it was a nervous habit or just mannerism that showed he was thinking. But in this case, it was probably both.

I think that years of raising/getting after Anakin did that to him. I?m sure Anakin gave him a few of those white hairs?:p

"No, R2, the news will not be good. His aunt and uncle are dead. I felt it in the Force. This is not how I wanted Luke to go into training."

That was a sobering moment. I always wondered if Kenobi knew what Luke was going to find upon returning home?[face_plain] He certainly seemed to...

Not only must we keep his father's fate a secret, but Luke surely would not accept that his father murdered his mother. You witnessed that, I know. These things must be kept from him for his own good. If he is to be trained as a Jedi, these distractions he does not need."

Good point, Obi-Wan. I don?t think those distractions would benefit him either? but will he nevertheless find them out? [face_thinking]

Yay! This story is rolling in a direction I like! Please hurry up and post the next chapter already! [face_shame_on_you] :p

AF

4. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    R2D2, you were there on Mustafar, though you did not witness the worst of it. You must have suspected the outcome. I deeply regret it all. Anakin was my brother and my friend.? He paused for moment. ?But enough. I've had 17 years to ponder those days. Luke must be trained.

Not only must we keep his father's fate a secret, but Luke surely would not accept that his father murdered his mother. You witnessed that, I know. These things must be kept from him for his own good. If he is to be trained as a Jedi, these distractions he does not need."

Ben is making sense here.

Good Post Brodie.

5. 92SE-R

92SE-R Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2005
    Excellent update!!

the reasoning that both Ben and R2 used is quite logical.

From a certain point of view. :p

Keep it coming!

6. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    He's a smart one that little R2 unit. Keeping an eye on Kenobi is a good idea, though that won't be for much longer. Ya know, he'll probably miss the Jedi more than Luke when he's gone.

And he's just too funny when it comes to Goldie.

Looking forward to Mos Eisley, for when R2 and 3PO don't get admittance in the cantina. I always wondered if they did anything or just sat that whole time behind that door.

Keep up the great work brodiew.

7. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    VaderLVR64: Thanks for reading, Kim. I?m glad R2 makes you laugh, even in the somberness of the occasion.

VA_Parky: Thanks, Parks! I?m so glad yhat you love R2. He?s a bit cantankerous, but also practical and caring. R2 did shock Ben with the holo, but it was the only way to get his point across. Thank you for the great compliment of saying that I?ve added depth the film.

BigE: Thanks a lot, BigE. I?m glad you?re here.

PonyTricks: Thanks for reading, PT. R2 is resilient. He?ll survive.

LilyHobbitJedi:Thanks, Lyli. R2 is getting the idea why Luke might not need to know these things right now. Can you imagine? The boy just loses his aunt and uncle only to find out that his father killed his mother. The therapy bill would be staggering.

Araxie: Thanks, Araxie. Yes, for now, R2 wants to keep ?Goldie? out of the loop. We?ll see how long that holds.

divapilot: Thank you, divapilot. I appreciate your incite. Ben does and always treated R2 with respect. He was there when R2 saved Padme ship. He knows R2 value.

Jade_Eyes: thanks for reading, Jade. I image R2 would have strong opinions about Luke?s women as well as the events of the NJO and LOTF.

Noelie: thank you, Noelie. To Ben, R2 is like a person that shows up from a past you wish you could forget, but know you have to face. R2 is just further example that Obi-Wan also has a destiny that he has yet to embrace.

Jedi_Lady21: Thanks for reading, JediLady. I?m glad you are enjoying R2.

AnakinsFavorite: thank you for reading, AF. I enjoy your reviews. You are right about Anakin causing Obi-Wan?s beard stroking habit. He was a handful. Yes Ben is regretful about all that happened back then.

obsessedwithSW: thank you, Sharon. R2 just needed a little clarification about Anakin and Luke.

92SE-R: Thanks, R2. I?m glad you approve. Luke will find out about Vader soon enough.

Lola64: Thanks sticking with it, Dawn. Do you really have a choice? It was your idea. Wonder no longer, here is my interpretation of what 3PO and R2 talked about outside.

Luke returned within the hour. He explained that his aunt and uncle were, indeed, dead. It must have been a horrific scene, because I saw fear in the boy?s eyes, along with the obvious grief.

Kenobi tried to console him, though he used words that weren?t very encouraging. I don?t know about you, but if my ?parents? just died, I wouldn?t find it hopeful to know that I would have died as well. As I recall, Kenobi was never good in emotionally charged situations. Or was it just when Anakin cried?

?I want to come with you to Alderaan. There's nothing here for me now. I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father,? Luke said.

I was ready to support that. No reason to stay here, anymore. The boy was finally getting what he wanted; off this planet. I think the entire group was ready for that as well.

Not long later, we entered a town Luke called Mos Eisley. It looked dirty, but, ah?you get the idea. Just keep in mind that everything is dirty on that planet. Nothing is clean. If you cleaned it, you must be doing it as exercise, because, it was dusty again in seconds.

We hit an Imperial checkpoint right inside the city limits. Luke, Goldie, and I were worried. This was a sure bust. But we had no cause to worry. Ben wowed us by using the Force to confuse the Stormtroopers standing guard. I can still hear him saying, ?These aren?t the droids you?re looking for.?

Our next mission was to find transport off planet, but no one had the credits. Luke sold his speeder while Kenobi scouted the cantinas. When Luke returned, the four of us entered a particularly seedy cantina. I was pleasantly surprised by the band. They were quite good, and would do well if they ever moved beyond Tatooine. Almost immediately we were met by the booming voice of the man behind the bar.

?We don't serve their kind here!?

Luke was confused. He looked to Kenobi for help.

?Your d

8. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    sorry for the double post. I get in a hurry sometimes and press the wrong button.

9. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    I loved this part:

Just keep in mind that everything is dirty on that planet. Nothing is clean. If you cleaned it, you must be doing it as exercise, because, it was dusty again in seconds.
    [face_laugh]

I loved how R2 offered his companion an insult when he was *gasp* at a loss for words! And that was right nice of R2 to tell 3PO he did well during the Sand People attack.

10. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    ?Don?t talk down to me, you rolling?you??

Goldie couldn?t think of a good insult, so I let him off the hook.

?Refuse bin,? I added.

?Precisely,? he replied, as if he thought of it.

That was so cute! R2 does like C-3PO, even if Goldie gets on his case sometimes.

Your last sentence has a nice rhythm to it. Can't wait for Han and Chewie! Can they understand Chewie? That would be a kick.

Nice post!=D=

11. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Okay, I am so wicked sorry for falling behind on this, but am caught up and love this!

12. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    And wasn't it a grand one? And there's plenty more where that came from. I'm just saying. ;)

?I hope Master Luke can find us transport. The sandy climate is affecting my joints.?

?I?m glad to know we?re finally on the same page,? I said.

[face_laugh] I think that's the only time 3PO was on the same page with anyone.

Great update. I can picture this taking place just as you said.

13. Jedi_Lady21

Jedi_Lady21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2006
    ?C-3PO, I have to hand it to you. I know we bicker and argue and the like, but we?ve been together for a long time. You handled the sand savage attack really well. You took a beating and came out stronger for it. I would have missed you, had you been beyond repair.?

C-3PO looked at me blindly. Was there any other look? His head tilted slightly and he bent the waist to put his hand on my dome.

?Thank you, R2. I?m glad to have you hear as well. It appears that we have yet another adventure ahead of us??

I thought that was so sweet, even though they bicker they really do care for each other.
    Great Update! Thanks for the PM :)

14. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    This is realy good! I hope you do it for Jedi and Empire too.

15. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Well so .. outside of Mos Eisley Cantina and all that trouble little R2 is referring to. I love the conversation. Poor C3PO .. he just has no idea everything that is going on around him.

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Now, that was the best one yet!!! =D= :)

17. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    That was an excellent part of ANH for this fic: Threepio and Artoo alone together in a scene where we don?t get to see much of them. You get to fill in the gap!

The ?refuse bin? bit was great. Artoo wants to move it along so he gives Goldie some help.
    [face_laugh]

18. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Hee! Another stellar, out-of-this-world post! [face_laugh]

LOVED the conversation between Threepio and Artoo. When Artoo actually had to help Threepio come up with a suitable insult, I almost fell off my chair. Too funny! [face_laugh]

I have to say, you couldn't have come up with a better closing line either. That fit the scene so well, I felt like standing up and clapping. Very, very well done!

Oh gosh, I can't wait to see your take on what happens next!! BRAVO!

19. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    As I recall, Kenobi was never good in emotionally charged situations. Or was it just when Anakin cried?

I found this line funny for some odd reason? Obi-Wan struck me as rather flat during the ?toasty Anakin? scene in ROTS.

Not long later, we entered a town Luke called Mos Eisley. It looked dirty, but, ah?you get the idea. Just keep in mind that everything is dirty on that planet. Nothing is clean. If you cleaned it, you must be doing it as exercise, because, it was dusty again in seconds.

Hee! Like my house. If I lived on Tattooine, I?d be like ?Whatever? and not bother to clean up after sandstorms- there?d be no point, right? :p

Ooh! A ?missing scene?! [face_dancing]

?Refuse bin,? I added.

?Precisely,? he replied, as if he thought of it

Hee! That was so funny and a great characterization of those two! [face_laugh]

?I?m not sure what that has to do with Kenobi, but I?m glad to know that you remember her. You seem so eager to stay here and be a moisture farmer.?

*snorts*

Ah! Bonding time? that was certainly a surprise.

Excellent post! Keep them coming! [:D]

AF

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004

Yes, I was offended, but there was nothing to do. I thought I hear C-3PO huff, if that was possible, as went outside. He was just as put out as I was, but he?s a little more sensitive. I could still hear the music, which was a plus, as we waited for our human companions to find transport.

?The very nerve! Humans can be so intolerant on occasion,? said C-3PO, indignantly.

?Don?t worry about it, C-3PO. Some people are like that. What would we do in there, anyway? We would just stand around and take up space.?

?Master Luke might need my advice. He is young?and inexperienced in the world.?

?Luke will be fine. There is no advice that you could give that would trump that of Obi-Wan Kenobi,? I replied.

?You act like you know Master Kenobi, R2? Why would you choose his wisdom over mine??

?It?s nothing personal, Goldie. Humans prefer the advice of other humans. You have good advice, but you aren?t human. You don?t know what its like.?

[face_laugh] Poor 3PO, he was never as quit witted as Artoo! :D

=D=

21. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Kenobi tried to console him, though he used words that weren?t very encouraging. I don?t know about you, but if my ?parents? just died, I wouldn?t find it hopeful to know that I would have died as well. As I recall, Kenobi was never good in emotionally charged situations. Or was it just when Anakin cried?

[face_laugh] Very observant. Very good Brodie!

22. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    Again a very cute post. I loved their conversation, particularly Artoo giving "Goldie" the insult. I could see that happening. I suppose he would have to win some of the time.

23. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I really loved the whole conversation between Artoo and Threepio, it gave me warm fuzzies. Even with Threepio's constant pessimism it's funny how those two droids are still such pals.

As the Force would have it, Goldie and I were able to avoid the troopers and meet up with Luke and Ben. They had found a pilot and ship and a whole lot of trouble.

You can say that again, Artoo! [face_laugh]

Wonderful update, and thanks again for the pm. =D= =D=

24. Rhodna

Rhodna Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2006
    Oh, looks like I have a lot of catchiung upo to do...

As I recall, Kenobi was never good in emotionally charged situations. Or was it just when Anakin cried?

This line here really hit me hard - it just shows how perceptive Artoo is, much more than most would initially believe - plus it describes Obi-Wan perfectly! :D

?Refuse bin,? I added.

?Precisely,? he replied, as if he thought of it.

I love the way these two droids keep bickering - they remind me of an old married couple, exasperated with each other, but still caring of the other. [face_laugh]

Wonderful updates! =D=

25. starpwner1211

starpwner1211 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2007
    Pull me on the Pm list!

Star Pwner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.