main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga It Makes My Dome Hurt:R2 Remembers ANH-CONCLUDED! Updated 01/17/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by brodiew, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Blue_Milkshake: Thanks for reading, Blue. I'm glad you liked the part about how dirty things are. I enjoyed that, too. And, it is rare that 3PO is short of words, but it does happen.

divapilot: Thanks, divapilot. The insult thing was a favorite part of mine as well. These two care, they just have touble showing it.

DarthIshtar: Thanks, Ish. Glad to have you on board.

Lola64: Thaks, Dawn. Brilliant Idea. I just hope I continue to live up to it. 3PO does seem an island unto himself doesn't he. I can just here him: "Noboby gets me!"

Jedi_Lady21: Thank you, Lady. These two care. I enjoyed writing this part.

David_Skywalker01: Thanks for the compliment, David. Lets get this one finished first.

Noelie: Thank you for reading, Noelie. 3PO is pretty clueless isn't he. But not completely.

Jade_eyes: WOW! Thanks, Jade. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

BigE: Thanks, BigE. Missing scenes are my backbone in this fic. Look for more.

VA_Parky: Thank you, Parks! I aapreciate the praise more than you know.

AnakinsFavorite: Thanks for reading, AF. Bonding time was fun. From the bickering and insults to "I love you, man." Fun from start to finish. I appreciate the comments. I was wondering if anyone would pick up on my Obi-Wan parenting bash. You did!

VaderLVR64: Thanks, Kim. I appreciate the support.

obsessedwithSW: You noticed it too, Sharon. I'm glad you enjoyed.

Araxie: Artoo let the wookie win, so why not Goldie once in while. Thanks for reading, Araxie.

LilyHobbitJedi: Thanks, Lily. I hope the follow up delivers on that final line. I'm glad you continue to enjoy.

Rhodna: Thank you, Rhodna. Obi-Wan was not great with kids, but he had a big heart.

starpwner1211: You're on the PM list. Thanks for reading, star!

Entering Docking Bay 94, I fell a little behind. That?s one thing about being old and short. You don?t move as fast as you used to. Of course, Goldie doesn?t have the most flexible joints either. I guess that makes us even.

When I caught sight of the ship we had chartered, I was as concerned as Luke. He called it a ?piece of junk?. That was generous. It barely looked flight worthy. The pilot didn?t take kindly to Luke?s comment and proceeded to rattle off the ships accomplishments, which, interestingly enough, sounded pretty good. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Kenobi said his name was Han Solo and his Wookie partner was Chewbacca. My first impression of the man wasn?t so keen. He seemed nervous and in a hurry. Arrogant as well. That kind of personality can get one into trouble.

He seemed in a hurry to board us and get going. So was I. As I crossed the summit of the ramp, the real action began.

?Stop that ship!?

I swiveled my dome to look down the ramp as a squad of Stormtroopers spilled into the bay and started firing at us. I would be no good in a fight, so I turned and followed the corridor to the main hold and strapped in next to my companions. At this point, it was up to the pirate and his friend to get us out of here. If the troopers were able to board, Kenobi and Luke would have to fight as well. It was good to know that the Jedi had two lightsabers.

I heard Solo yell something to ?Chewie? and moments later we were space born; my concerns a memory. As the ship vibrated on take off C-3PO lamented his hatred of space travel.

As soon as things settled down, the Wookie entered the common room and sat in the space vacated by Ben and Luke. He flipped a switch and the gaming table that acted as our security during take off, came alive.

**Would you like to play a game?** the Wookie intoned. Keep in mind that Goldie was translating because I had no clue what Chewbacca was saying.

?Sure,? I said. The excitement was over and we were in for a short flight to Alderaan.

Kenobi and Luke started talking about the Force and, in a few short minutes, the two were standing in the middle of the hold initializin

2. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    =D= When I caught sight of the ship we had chartered, I was as concerned as Luke. He called it a ?piece of junk?. That was generous.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] This just cracked me up!

I wasn?t there during most of Anakin?s training, but seeing Obi-Wan teach Luke reminded me of how Kenobi had infinite patience for restless students.

That's for sure.

Great update as always and thanks for the pm! =D=

3. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Yes he used to have infinite patience, but I think that enormous pool of patience only increased in the desert. He was a good deal more mello with Luke than he had been Anakin.

Love the game from the droid viewpoint.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great reflections on Han, the Falcon :D and the wisdom of letting Chewie win. [face_laugh]
    Interesting that R2 has a frame of reference to compare father and son. He sees similarities and hope there will be a crucial difference too. [face_thinking]

5. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    Keep in mind that Goldie was translating because I had no clue what Chewbacca was saying.

[face_laugh] Poor Threepio! How does Golden Rod end up with all the demeaning nicknames, anyway? (As you can tell, I'm just oozing with sympathy here...)

I love Artoo's snarkiness (probably not the most common word to describe a droid) in observing the other characters, especially his comments about our favourite Wookiee and Luke (is there anyone in the galaxy more patient than Obi-Wan?). Hmmm, I think our little dome-head possessed more personality in the Star Wars saga than Mace Windu. :D Bless the stout little thing (I hope he doesn't hear me say that).

Heh. [face_laugh] Love your Artoo!

6. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    The excellent characterizations continue!

And I love little tidbits like this one: Turning my attention back to the game, I saw that Chewbacca had made a bold move. It was bold, but nonetheless committed. I had him. The game was far from over, but I would deal him a heavy blow.

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I love the fact that you've kept Artoo's "voice" in character for this! :D

When I caught sight of the ship we had chartered, I was as concerned as Luke. He called it a ?piece of junk?. That was generous. It barely looked flight worthy. The pilot didn?t take kindly to Luke?s comment and proceeded to rattle off the ships accomplishments, which, interestingly enough, sounded pretty good. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.

[face_laugh] =D=

8. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Let the Wookiee win. Words to live by. I'm glad R2 decided to take that advice. [face_laugh]

9. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Hee! Loved seeing the 'chess' game from Artoo's point of view! And he even let Chewie win! I KNEW IT! :p

But wow, Artoo's observations about Luke were poignant, weren't they? I think my heart broke for him when he said he hoped this Skywalker would turn out better than the last. *sniffle*

Very, very well done! Another great chapter! =D=

10. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Another great update!

?What did he say, C-3PO?? I asked.
    No answer.
    Solo interjected that I should probably give Chewbacca another chance, because Wookies can get violent. C-3PO agreed and I decided it was better to go with the flow than upset our new ?friends?.

[face_laugh] Nicely put!

11. 92SE-R

92SE-R Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2005
    Great update!

I especially like this:
    I hoped the result would be different with this Skywalker.

Almost like watching the son of someone great, hoping they don't repeat their fathers mistakes.

=D= =D= =D= =D=

12. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Ah, one of my favorite parts from ANH! I love how they let Chewbacca win... but would he actually have hurt them? [face_thinking] Methinks not :p

The plans in my dome and the potential power of another Skywalker offered great hope for the Rebellion.

Mmm... I think things are about to start rolling... I love how he relates Luke to Anakin!

Excellent Postie!

AF

13. Jedi_Lady21

Jedi_Lady21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2006
    Great to see the chess game from R2's point of view.

Luke reminded me of his father; full of awe and energy, but harboring secret pain. I hoped the result would be different with this Skywalker. As the training continued, Luke?s natural Force abilities began to show. This was an encouraging sign. The plans in my dome and the potential power of another Skywalker offered great hope for the Rebellion.

R2 is very observant. It was nice to see how much hope he has for Luke and for the Rebellion.

Great Update! :)

14. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    What a great update! I confess: I totally forgot that it was R2 who was playing the board game with Chewie! I absolutely love seeing this story through R2's eye.

It was a familiar scene. I wasn?t there during most of Anakin?s training, but seeing Obi-Wan teach Luke reminded me of how Kenobi had infinite patience for restless students. Luke reminded me of his father; full of awe and energy, but harboring secret pain. I hoped the result would be different with this Skywalker.

R2 has such depth of memory. He remembers when Anakin was Luke's age, when Obi-Wan was a valued teacher at the Jedi Temple. How different things are, and yet how much hasn't really changed at all.

Very nice!:D

15. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    Very cute. I would love to see a rematch with Chewie and Artoo. I bet that would be some great fun.

16. starpwner1211

starpwner1211 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2007
    Wow

ROFL!!! R2 has thoughts of his own!

From

Star Pwner

17. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    I glanced over at Luke, who now had the blade ignited and was watching the floating remote closely. Turning my attention back to the game, I saw that Chewbacca had made a bold move. It was bold, but nonetheless committed. I had him. The game was far from over, but I would deal him a heavy blow.

I love the fiesty R2. He is a warrior in his own right.

18. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Oops. I'm late. Sorry.

Another great update.

R2 was funny thinking they had already paid enough attention to Han. [face_laugh]

And yes, Han will be trouble. But then R2 is a handful himself sometimes.

19. Shahar

Shahar Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2003
    Nice as always! Keep it up, I'm waiting hehe

20. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Blue_Milkshake: Yeah, R2 must have some diplomacy programming in there as well?or he?s just not an egotist.

divapilot:Thanks, Diva. I'm glad you are enjoying the fic. R2 is quite a bit of experience with Skywalkers and a certain Kenobi. I think he knows Luke is different.

92SE-R: Thanks for reading. At least Luke, to this point, has not followed in his father?s footsteps. I think R2 is optimistic.

Lola64: Thanks, Dawn. I?m glad you noticed that line. I worried that the delivery was flat. Oh, well.

Jedi_Lady21: Thank you, Jedi. R2 sees the resemblance, but he has hope rather than fear a repeat.

Noelie: Thank you, Noelie. Yes, Ben had a lot of time to think, but its good to have patience when teaching on the fly. And, the game was fun to write. I?m glad you enjoyed it.

Jade_eyes: Thanks, Jade. Artoo and Ben certainly have a unique view of Luke. We?ll see what that bears. Glad you liked the game and the comment on the Falcon.

BigE: Thanks, BigE. I?m glad you enjoyed the game.

VA_Parky: Thank you, Parks! The good thing is that Luke is the hope of the future!

AnakinsFavorite: Hey, AF! Thanks for reading. I don?t think Chewie would have hurt them, but he might have gotten a lot more scary.

VaderLVR64: Thanks, Kim. I?m honored that R2?s voice rings true.

obsessedwithSW: thanks for reading Sharon. R2 is a fighter. As we will see.

Araxie: Thank you, Rax. I appreciate that you enjoyed the chess game.

LilyHobbitJedi: Thanks, Lily. I like that line, too. At first I wasn?t sure whether I was going to have R2 like the Falcon, thus Han, or not. At the moment, we are somewhere in between.

starpwner1211: That he does, star, that he does. Thanks for reading.

corellian-jedi: Thanks for the great compliment on R2. I?m glad you stopped in, and glad you enjoyed. As far as Goldie is concerned, he brings it o himself.

PonyTricks: Thanks, PT. The Wookie was always going to win, but it was all about how R2 let I happen.

Shahar: Thanks for coming back, Shahar. I?m glad you are enjoying it.

The proximity alarms sounded, alerting Solo that we had entered the Alderaan System. He and Chewbacca, still reveling in his hollow victory, left the hold and headed to the cockpit. Luke and Ben followed with interest.

But my concern was elsewhere. Immediately, when we dropped from hyperspace, I noticed that the outer hull began taking hits. It was nothing the shields couldn?t handle, but worrisome nonetheless.

Animated voices could be heard in the cockpit leading me to believe that the impacts on the hull were not expected and certainly not welcome.

?What ever could be happening? Are we under attack? Alderaan is a peaceful system.?

?I don?t know, Goldie. Perhaps, Captain Solo is not as peaceful as they are,? I replied.

The ship continued to be bombarded; well not exactly bombarded, more like peppered. I opened my sensors to scan the impacts and cross referenced them with previous experience. We weren?t under attack. From what I could gather, we had hit an asteroid field. This was not good news either, because we should be at Alderaan. It looked liked Solo was going to have to live up to his arrogance.

When the peppering stopped, and the ship settle into it regular rhythm, C-3PO was relived.

?Oh, thank goodness,? he said. ?That rattling was doing terrible things to my wiring.?

?Stop being hyper-sensitive, Goldie,? I replied. ?Your circuits are fine.?

?How do you know what my circuits are doing?? he said, turning toward me and pushing my dome.

Same old song. Luckily, I was locked into position.

?You know how much I hate space trav-?

The ship started shaking again. But this time it was all too familiar. Tractor Beam.

?My nerves!? cried C-3PO.

?You don?t have nerves, Goldie. Be quiet! I?m trying to figure out what?s happening.?

?You are not my master, you bucket of bolts!? exclaimed Goldie, hitting the release button fo

21. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    ?Stop being hyper-sensitive, Goldie,? I replied. ?Your circuits are fine.?

?How do you know what my circuits are doing?? he said, turning toward me and pushing my dome.

Same old song. Luckily, I was locked into position.

That strikes me as funny.:p Poor R2! If he wasn't locked, C-3PO would have knocked him right over in his anxiety.

I like the "behind the scenes" comments between Obi-Wan and Luke, and the comments from Han.

Another great update!:D

22. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    I have always wondered. Did they turn off "goldie" during the time they were hiding? He isn't very good at keeping quiet.

I am certain he is lucky none of them took him apart after repeating "my nerves" so much.

=D==D=

23. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    "My nerves..."

ROFLMBO!

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] =D=
    You've got 3PO's voice down too. :D

25. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh, what an excellent chapter, brodiew! I loved Threepio and Artoo's argument. That was adorable - made me laugh out loud time and time again. I'm so glad too because the destruction of Alderaan always bums me out! :( This time, I was too distracted by the hilarity that is Threepio / Artoo to get too sad. :p

Threepio is really going to freak out as the rest of the action begins to unfold. He hasn't seen anything yet!

Bravo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.