main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST It Takes a Galaxy: What's your favorite holiday memory?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PymParticles , Apr 5, 2018.

1. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Books: LOTR, Potter, Stephen King, currently reading Hunger Games
    Movies: horror films, sci fi, comic book films, anything with dinos, LOTR, Potter, HG
    Jogging, hiking, (@anakinfansince1983 I live in Washington and I like to hike the Mt. Baker area) biking
    Music: big Beatles fan, disco (ha)
    Video games: I have a 360 and a Wii: Mario games, Sonic, fighting games, Bioshock, Burnout, Need for Speed, Doom, currently playing Bully on Wii

2. Jozgar

Jozgar Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Here, here. The number of hours I’ve spent playing Skyrim and, to a lesser extent, Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4, is pretty insane.

3. yanote

yanote Jedi Knight star 2

May 1, 2016
    3d anaglyph pictures (stills and movies), the Twilight Zone, Springsteens first 8 albums, my old amstrad CPC computer (and those 8 bites game), walking in the woods, taking care of my trees, Stephen King tales and Elvis' music.

PymParticles likes this.
  4. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    drawing

PymParticles likes this.
  5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Weather.

Specfically I'm a weather vlogger, blogger and weather website owner.

This was me quoted by a national newspaper back in February

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weat...orecast-UK-BBC-weather-Met-Office-snow-latest

Have also become a very keen gardener since the death of my father in 2016 (he was a keen grower) - Which is good for me as I spend a LOT of time at the computer doing weather videos, updates and working on my website so getting into the fresh air in the garden is good for me and gives me something to do away from the PC.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    wobbits likes this.
  6. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    I write...and I write...and I write... and...I...yeah. I also like singing, dancing, reading, drawing, computers, and thinking - thinking a lot.

One question: Ummm, excuse me, where is Poe on the picture at the top???????? :eek:

teamhansolo and PymParticles like this.
  7. DarthKamen

DarthKamen Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2018
    Kamen Rider, as my name kinda implies. XD
    Power Rangers...even if not in it's current form. Come on Hasbro, you're our only hope.
    Sitcoms, Cheers, Frasier...so many more.
    MCU.

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The banner was made before TLJ was released, when Poe was still just a supporting character, and the three leads of the ST seemed to be Rey, Finn and Kylo.

9. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    ;)

Okay. Too bad, he would've looked really cool there :)

teamhansolo likes this.
  10. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I played Skyrim solidly and exclusively for two years. Since then I’ve played GTAO solidly, for five years <gulp>

PymParticles likes this.
  11. Deanna Montgomery

Deanna Montgomery Jedi Master star 1

Oct 3, 2014
    I'm a gamer with my son. From the time he was baby, he would sit in my lap and watch me play Battlefront, and it developed from there. We both love Skyrim, Fallout, Battlefront, Doom, etc, and have spent many happy hours together.

PymParticles likes this.
  12. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    I mainly post carefully thought out prose in the pizza thread.

Other than that I co-host a podcast, play 5-a-side, and am a member of both the local astronomical society and a ghost hunting club - don't laugh...we all think it's dumb....it's basically an excuse to go to old dilapidated buildings (aka pubs). I love nature so do a lot of rambling and, whenever I get the chance, potholing up north and sailing on the Norfolk Broads.

I'm a musician so 90% of my time gets eaten up in that area but I really fancy writing a tv script for fun, just to see if I can. So that's one goal this summer.

13. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I would never laugh at another person's excuse to grab a pint.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    World domin.... oops, I don't have any other interests outside Star Wars, classical music, amateur astronomy, science, chess, modern boardgames, F1, soccer, Lord of the Rings, electronic engineering and travelling.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  15. hilldill

hilldill Jedi Knight

Dec 4, 2013
    Books! Finally reading City of Bones which has been on my to read list for years!
    Movies : Mostly MCU and animated films.
    Been playing a lot of Morrowind lately and some Skyrim. It was because of Skyrim that I decided to give Oblivion and Morrowind a try.

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I go into my immersion tank when I don't post here.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  17. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Never saw this thread before. Nice!

I got into Star Wars early, although I was born in the late 70s, so I just missed the original run. I was drawing since I was 5. Monsters, Superheroes, dinosaurs, birds, and robots. Bob Ross and SW made me believe that someone could actually do this for real. So I kept at it. After university, I got a few jobs doing concept art, book covers, illustration, writing, self-publishing, etc. I still do all of that occasionally, but I'm now a Product Designer. Lately I've been wanting to get back into painting landscapes.

Outside of SW..hmm...
    UX Design, All other Design, Art.
    History, Mythology. Culture. Civilization - current and ancient. I love reading about Ancient Cataclysm theories and advanced ancient civilizations. I feel like we know so little about ourselves. It keeps my mind racing wondering how humankind started.
    Love traveling far and wide. Learning as much as I can. Nature and hiking and getting out of the city.
    Reading - Favorite Book is Jonathon Strange and Mr. Norrell. But I also like Harry Potter, comics, stuff like that. Currently reading: The Three-Body Problem.
    TV: Love Game of Thrones, Top Gear and Netflix shows. Ready to ditch the cable box. lol
    Movies: Recent movies are just leaving me feeling meh. Solo was the last movie I saw in the theater. All time faves though: Raiders of the lost ark, SW, Superman '78. Wonderful Life, Lawrence of Arabia.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    EHT likes this.
  18. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Foremost passion: Planetary geology/meteorology is my passion. Had a stint at NASA long ago. I geek out to space science in general.

Other passions:
    movies - Dark Knight, Matrix, Jurassic Park, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Passion of the Christ, are among my favorites
    TV - the Wire, Lost (yes even the last season), Breaking Bad, Sopranos, Fresh Prince of Belair
    Trivia - not a superstar but I’ve been on tv and on teams with teammates on tv - hate any popular culture or music categories (classical, opera, jazz etc)
    Miscellaneous passions - traveling, Christianity, gaming, browsing movie forums

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My geeking out to space science is along the lines of the 365 Days of Astronomy and StarTalk podcasts and visiting the planetarium a couple of times a year these days. Definitely a top ten interest of mine as well though.

20. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Your favorite non-Earth planet and why? :)

For me it started when I saw a photo of Mars taken from one of the 1970s Mars lander. It hit me that what we were seeing is literally an alien world.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  21. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    It astounds me every time the Mars rover sends back high def pictures of the surface. I'm just left amazed. Like, there's a little robot rover/car taking pictures and doing experiments for us, on a planet that's never had anything 'walk' on it before. (Well, except for the martians, but they died out a long time ago.)

dolphin likes this.
  22. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I'm just going to go ahead and thank you all for the stupid but cool but also really dumb but also insanely awesome brand new topic for this thread.

What is your favorite non-Earth planet, real or fictional? Please discuss in as many words as you can type.

Also, I promise I'll start updating these more often. The next topic update will also likely see a shift to the Episode IX forum, since I feel a lot of discussion is going to gradually migrate there as production for that movie chugs along.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002

Mars.

Oh. Uh. It's cool.

:p

24. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Real: Mars. Saturn.
    Fictional: Krypton (before it went kaboom). Whatever planet GOT is on. Naboo.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Let’s see:

Mars. Because of the blue sunsets.

Saturn. Because of memories of the first time I saw its rings through my Dad’s telescope.

Neptune, because of it’s sideways rotation.