main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST It Takes a Galaxy: What's your favorite holiday memory?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PymParticles , Apr 5, 2018.

1. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    How dare you insult the actor who plays my favorite minor alien character? :p

2. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    To be perfectly honest, it totally escaped my, at the time, heightened state of consciousness that I was at a sci-fi convention. If he'd been in costume I might have assumed we were in Mos Eisley. Which wouldn't have necessarily had a better outcome.

TCF-1138 , EHT and PymParticles like this.
  3. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    [face_laugh]

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Favorite real-time Star Wars memory?

—Visiting Elstree Studios with @DarthBreezy .

—Celebration last year.

5. ImpreciseStormtrooper

ImpreciseStormtrooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    The Empire Strikes Back novelisation must have impinged on my consciousness. I wrote a story for my primary school english class. It must have been alright because the teacher read my work aloud to the class.

But every time he hit my character's name he'd pause and get confused by the nonsensical name of Dak.

The first time he must have thought it was an error but by the third time he read the name he gave up and decided to read it as "Jack" for the rest of the composition.

But a few kids in the class reccognized the nane and told ne so after class.

Star Wars was viral even before the internet.

The things you remember from childhood, hey?

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    TCF-1138 and PymParticles like this.
  6. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    In honour of Star Wars day....

[​IMG]
    Christmas 83, no doubt

7. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    My favorite non-film Star Wars story is probably the Umbara arc from TCW. I loved how it tackled morally complex questions about wartime conduct and was a great showcase for how well-developed the clone characters actually were.

8. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Thrawn Trilogy
    Tales of the Jedi
    Dark Empire I&II, Empire's End
    Bane Trilogy
    The Clone Wars (TV)

9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Guardians of the Whills. Small story, but excellently told by Rucka. As someone who’s spent some time in conflict and post-conflict zones, I’d say it’s also bracingly realistic.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Adding to earlier:

The Bounty episode of TCW. I could watch that over and over again.

I liked the first two seasons and parts of seasons three and four of TCW altogether.

I love Rebels except for a few episodes.

Books, aside from A New Dawn:

Lost Stars
    Rebel Rising
    Vector Prime
    Star by Star

PymParticles likes this.
  11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Remind me, is the Bounty episode the one where Ventress teams up with Boba Fett and the other bounty hunters to perform a train heist?

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yes. And she kicks Boba Fett’s ass in the end, putting him in the box, after impaling a guy who harassed her in a bar.

Bor Mullet and TCF-1138 like this.
  13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    That episode is awesome!
    Maybe it's time to rewatch TCW. :)

14. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I suppose mine has to be when I went to the merchandise launch in 2015 at the Disney store, having decided to get myself a sphero BB-8, and spent the evening in the pub posting on here as I kept an eye on the queue, then eventually headed over, joined the queue and got chatting to a guy who completely dismissed my hunch that maybe an actor from the film might turn up, then two minutes later, met Daisy and John, who were both lovely

15. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    The Clone Wars (especially Season 5)

Rebels (especially Season 4)

On the written page: The Wraith Squadron series, The Rogue Squadron Series, Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina

Force Smuggler and TCF-1138 like this.
  16. Deanna Montgomery

Deanna Montgomery Jedi Master star 1

Oct 3, 2014
    When I went in to labor with my son, I told my doctor he had to be born on SW Day 2003 or else I was going to be extremely upset. My doctor was so proud because my son was born at 11:37pm May 4th. SW is in his blood. Not only is it SW Day for me now, but my son's birthday. It's the small things in life!

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Same here. I was initially not answering the "favorite non-film SW story" question because I'm essentially a "films fan". But of all the non-film content that I've read or watched, the Umbara arc of TCW would probably be my favorite.

PymParticles and Darth Nave like this.
  18. Eternal_Jedi

Eternal_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Tales of the Jedi/Dark Lords of the Sith
    Dark Empire

I've always preferred the comics to the novels. The more visual medium better suits Star Wars, IMO.

19. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    I thought this was a social thread was about fan memories/stories that had nothing to do with watching the films.

Edit: Just checked the OP. I was right. Again.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  20. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I update the topic every week or two. The first was favorite Star Wars memory, the second asked what Star Wars meant to all of you. Right now the current topic is discussing our favorite Star Wars narrative that isn't in a film. Originally, I was making separate threads for these, but I merged them since it just seemed more prudent to have them all together. I've quoted my post setting the current topic of conversation below; it's on the previous page.

21. Organafan

Organafan Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2017
    I liked the little story about the Ithorians in the Star Wars Sourcebook.

22. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    Probably the thrawn trilogy

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  23. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Favorite non-film "Star Wars' story?
    Two of them are Han Solo at Star's End, and, from the old Marvel comics, "Dark Encounter" (one of the very few pre-TESB appearances of Vader in the series).

PymParticles likes this.
  24. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'll never forget reading the Thrawn trilogy. That was my introduction into the SW EU, books or otherwise...

My favorite SW book though has to be either...Shadows of the Empire, or Bloodline. Although Tales from Jabba's Palace really left an impression on me...

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    PymParticles likes this.
  25. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    Long time ago, I once sent love letters to a girl filled with an entire page with Star Wars quotes. I don't think she was impressed, but she did end up to be valedictorian so I take some solace in that I sent some cheesy love letters to the smartest girl in the class. :D

Blobofat likes this.