main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends It was the right thing to do after all Kyp Durron and Corran Horn in the OTP challenge 22

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Nov 3, 2021.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    It was the right thing to do after all OTP challenge 22
    Author: Earlybird-Obi-Wan
    Timeframe: beyond legends 51 ABY and 139 ABY
    Genre: one shot
    Summary: Kyp Durron discusses with Corran Horn the holocron he has secured on Corellia.
    And a short epilogue about the holocron and its influence on Jono Bel Hana

Sequel to Cold Case Corellia and Halcyon green

I got #7: In the Wrong Place at the Wrong Time.
    And with the song 'May it be' from Enya the story became a rather dark reflection with light at the end

It was the right thing to do after all

51 ABY Shedu Maad
    Supported by many pillows and with his bed in an upright position Corran Horn saw the door to his room in the small med-ward opening. He knew who were back. He had heard the roar of the YT1300-freighter Azure Angel on approach and landing. He shifted his splinted left leg a bit. Now he would have more memories from his real grandfather and grandfather. And the holocron from the Ones would be there to examine. He would have gone himself with his children but a prank gone wrong had him under the care of Cilghal.

“Dad we are back.” Jysella flew in her father’s arms, hugged him and sat down on a chair next to the table.

“We have this from your birth planet.” Ben and Seha placed the tank with the fish on the table and took seats.

“A firoka-fish.” Corran observed the fish with a smile. It was still small but would be a nice addition to the pond near his home. “You must have been to Firwood Lake.”

“We did after meeting CorSec officer Jono Bel Hana in Coronet City.” Valin joined his sister after taking another chair. “With his help we could get the holocron with the archive-material from Nejaa Halcyon and his discoveries.”

“At a great cost for Jono.” Kyp was the last to enter the room with a sad look on his face. “We met Sith. Jono lost his wife and had to fear for his life and that of his son. We bought a transport for him to return to his home planet with his son.” He gave Corran the holocron with the report from Rostek Horn in its clearplast satchel.

“Jono Bel Hana.” Corran turned the holocron in his hands. “My grandfather was helped by Jono and Obi-Wan Kenobi to search for more knowledge about Mortis. This holocron can help us in our search for the dagger of Mortis.” He gave it to Ben.

“We were helped by Jono Bel Hana’s grandson.” Ben placed the holocron on the table. “It began with us arriving on Corellia and going to Corruul for Seha's mission to update the Azure Angel with parts.”

“Parts. He calls them parts.” Seha stood up and began to pace. “I replaced the standard twin-guns atop the Azure Angel with quad-lasers. Valin and Jysella were busy with Kyp to install the advanced hyperdrive and shields. I have now a freighter that can out-fly the Millennium Falcon.”

“And we won't tell Han and we still have to clean the bath-tub after the fish had it as it's swimmingpool.” Ben stood up and with him Valin and Jysella.

“I will tell what happened after Corruul. Youngsters; go and do that cleaning.” Kyp took a chair and placed that next to Corran's bed.

“Something bad from what I see on your face.” Corran saw his children leaving with Ben and Seha.

“Bad. The Sith happened after we left Corruul. Our next stop was Cormond where the Cormond Ale Company had still the great hiding place used by Rostek Horn to hide things. We met the nice owner Cazzy Shelly and she took us on a trip through the factory. We changed into green coveralls. She pointed at the place where a lightsaber could be stored and told us about Jedi-knight Hems Oilosse who wrecked the original coveralls and more. A bottling line was destroyed when he met Sep-droids during the clone wars.”

“The clone wars ended when Palpatine rose to power.”

“Rostek Horn began his scheming to hide Force sensitives and records. He got help from Garm Bel Iblis to create the hiding place. We entered the hall above the hall where the crates with ale are stored. It was huge and had been once the hiding place for the Korua Gem, a Victory class stardestroyer. Cazzy told me that the destroyer left for an errant to free slaves shortly before the battle at Endor. She ended up on Moniron a planet that is unknown to me.”

“But known to me.” Corran gave a nod. “It is a planet that doesn't exist on the starcharts after Anakin Skywalker – known as Darth Vader during that time – errased it. Dunai and Dunai elder with the knowledge inherited from their ancestors and helped by Sheir-Irel can reach it. Rostek Horn was sending coded messages to Steve Magaron, a police-officer who has worked with and was a mentor to Rostek. I picked that up after Rostek died. But tell me more about what happened in the factory and why Sith happened.”

“We had secured Rostek's belongings, more stuff from your real grandfather and your father and a copy of the file on the holocron when we knew that we had to make contact with CorSec about Rostek's hidingplaces and Firwood. We were leaving the hangar and going to the bottling hall when I met my Sith, a friend of Vestara Kai.” Kyp grumbled with fierce eyes. “The Sith didn't mind the property. He destroyed a bottling line before I could distract him and impale him. After the fight we had 15 dead Sith with only one making an escape.”

“The one causing more trouble.”

“Yes. CorSec officers from Cormond came and arrested us. Their captain called for CSI-investigators and they came led by captain Sanders. With her were Mario Flaman, Vince Durana and Jono Bel Hana. Jono made the connection between the break-in in the archives and the battle in the factory. They took us to Coronet city and their head-quarters. We transported some of the Sith in body-bags. Jono showed me the break-in in the archives and told me more about his grandfather and Rostek Horn. In the briefing room plans were made when we discovered that 14 dead Sith were clones. The Sith were planning to overthrow the Galactic alliance and going after the holocron, that had given Jono's grandfather and officer Magaron the creeps. Reason enough for Rostek to hide it in a safe place.”

“And that had you going to Firwood and getting that fish.” Corran saw the fish making a lazy turn in the tank.

“Getting the fish was the end. And we had to hurry to purchase the GMK-seven transport for the Bel Hana boys.” Kyp tried to swallow a forming lump. “Jono, Arina, her unborn baby.” He put his head in his hands. “Dratted Sith. They were there in the wrong place and at the wrong time. We should have...”

“No Kyp.” Corran reached with his right hand to Kyp's. “There is more I think. Continue. Share with me what you have experienced.”

“Going with Jono to Firwood to search for the holocron was fun for us and his little son Jeb who could stay with us in the Azure Angel loving the chocolate cake batter.”

“Valin busy?”

“Yes and giving Jeb everything to clean. The next day started with a hike to a cave and me being a bit reckless earned me a big gash on my left leg.” Kyp touched the place, feeling only now the slight twitch. “Jono treated me after giving me a hefty dose of painkiller. And the youngsters denied me a bottle of Corellian ale. A crate had been a gift from the factory for us to take home. There should be some left for you.”

“Hmm nice more memories from my old home.”

“And for me too. I got Jeb's bedroom and Jeb slept in the Azure Angel. Waking up the leg was feeling great and I saw what Jeb had been making in his room. There was a red tugboat in a harbor made out of building-blocks. Jeb gave it to me. And the gash was almost healed. Jono explained that being a Dunai he has healing powers. More memories came for me when I could pilot a powerboat to the ruins of a shop. A red-tiled roof had me remembering my home on raft-city. The ruins revealed some goodies for the youngsters. Lunch was at the training facility prepared by Vince Durana and Mario Flaman, two members from the investigation team. It was fun hearing those two investigators wanting to know all about the lightsabers and training. And that fight, big fun.”

“Big fun?”

“Yes, we were all in stitches when Seha and Jysella demonstrated a lightsaber fight wearing those shirts found in the shop. Seha had a bright pink shirt with flowers and Jysella a yellow one with pink dots.” A brief smile passed Kyp's face. “The ruins of an old farm and green-house were our next place to search. And that's when our youngsters and Jono were uncovering a durasteel trap-door with me as the observer when I saw Jono's pale face and Jysella comforting him. They found the holocron that had given Jono's granddad and Steve Magaron the disturbing feelings. Rostek had secured the genuine article. Ben recognised the design. He had seen one when he was with Luke in the Maw. It was scary for a light side user of the Force like Jono and his species. Abeloth, the dagger of Mortis...”

“Absolute power for the one who will use this holocron.” Corran paled visibly.

“I hope Luke will store it in a safe place.” Kyp stood up and poured two glasses with water. Giving one to Corran and after a few sips he continued. “We told Jono to keep his distance from Seha and pilot the boat back. Jono gave an anguished cry and told us that Arina and Jeb were gone. He didn't feel them anymore in the Force. And that began the ordeal for Jono. We returned to his home and found a message from the Sith. Only Jono and I were invited to come at noon to the training facility to bring the holocron and getting the release of Arina and Jeb. With Jono helping us we planned a trap for the Sith, made a fake holocron, had Jono drawing maps and had a plan to keep Jono and his family safe from Sith. Jono wanted a transport to go to his homeplanet Moniron.”

“Unknown to all and only reachable by him.” Corran placed his empty glass on the nightstand. “May it be his journey on towards his destiny. When the night of loosing his wife is overcome he will rise to find the sun.”

“You are getting poetic Corran. He sure will have found Moniron. He did find his destiny when Arina told him to continue for his son Jeb. But those devious Sith; wrong place and wrong time...”

“Tell me and you will see that nothing could have been done in another way.”

“At noon the next day Ben, Seha, Jysella and Valin were in hiding when the Sith infiltrator arrived with one woman coming down the ramp. Devious of course when she sensed that Jono was a Force-sensitive when he wanted to give her the fake holocron. She wanted him and me as her prisoners and turn us into Sith. Ben came forward with the real holocron and that started the fight. I managed to get Jono in the CorSec airspeeder and he could help us with the twin blasters in the front and back. A Sith male attacked me and I was going defensive when Jono could hit the Sith. I could kill him and saw the woman leaving when a loud explosion was heard. She had activated the shaped charges in the shop where Arina and Jeb were imprisoned. Jono was incapacitated and we helped to get the airspeeder down, crashing it against a tree. He was wounded and we got him out just in time because a thunder-storm was rising. We got shelter in the CorSec building after Jono gave us the code to open the door. We cared for his wounds on his forehead, hands, setting a broken right wrist and securing it in a vacuum splint. After the storm abated we went searching and found Arina with help from Jono. Jeb was safe in a wooden box and could see the sky. But by the time we reached Arina she had become one with the Force, telling Jono to go on and care for Jeb. We had Jeb freed when rescue arrived. They transported Jeb and Jono to the university hospital in Coronet city. And we began a discussion about taking Jono and Jeb with us to Shedu Maad to have them come Jedi. Ben had other ideas after he had seen his beloved mother Mara Jade in a vision. And that had us searching for a transport for the Bel Hana boys and finding a GMK seven transport. Before leaving Corellia we had a ceremony for Arina in Firwood. Jeb and Jono were comforted by her. And I saw Ben getting a joyfull look on his face. He saw Mara. We parted and returned home with the gifts and...” Kyp began to laugh. “I have to see if there are some bottles of Corellian ale left for you and me.” He stood up and left the room.

- - -

“You are growing a beard son.” Luke saw Ben standing next to a tree where Valin was busy with something.

“Uh the hunt for the holocron and being very busy had me forgetting to shave. And seeing mom…”

“You saw her.”

“I did. First in a dream and then during the ceremony for Arina Bel Hana…”

“Just like me and that’s why…”

“I am growing a beard.”

“And beginning to look like a scruffy Nerfherder,” Kyp sauntered towards the two Skywalkers. “Now let’s see.”

“No pranks involving our beards,” Luke and Ben grinned and ran away.

“Skywalker-beards are a no but,” Kyp chuckled softly “Horn and Katarn beards are something to have fun with.”

“Colours Kyp?”

“Valin,” Kyp looked up to see the young man using the rope to descend and throwing the stuffed Ewok towards him. An idea was forming. No hazardous rope-climbing this time. “Colours and beards, yes!” and he began to tell more.

- - -

Valin was smiling. He had seen what Kyp had done to his sleeping father. A beard was now coloured green and had some green and blue beads woven into them. He was busy with a message, knowing now how Corran encoded his messages to Steve Magaron in the old Corellian language. He began with basic.

'To my helper where ever you are. Our leader Luke Skywalker recognised the so called Dorsetti holocron as one with immense power for the one in possession of the thing. If Palpatine had gotten it, he would have been unbeatable. We will not use it. And recalling what my father told me. May it be your journey on towards your destiny. When the night of loosing your wife is overcome you will rise to find the sun. May you have a long and happy life with your beloved ones.'

139ABY Moniron

Jono Bel Hana was happy. He had become a grandfather. Jeb and Dina had a son Kyp, named after the Jedi-knight who had helped them. He had seen the holocron again, brought to Moniron by Tarkan Er-Veridan.

Knowing that it was now in a safe place, unavailable for the Jedi and Sith, the night was overcome and the sun was shining for him and his friends.

FIN

2. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Intresting story, enjoyed the callback to Nejaa Halcyon. :)

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.