main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It's a R.A.P.--The perfect place to recognize your favorite readers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarthIshtar, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Hi, all, this is a feel-good thread that me and Irisheyedjedi were thinking about last night. We were talking about some of our favorite responses to stories and the people who consistently brighten our day by commenting on stories or just giving encouragement.

Therefore, we decided to initiate the Reader Appreciation Program. Come in here and tell us about the person who made animal balloons when you weren't feeling good about a post or who made you laugh. Tell us about the one who has replied to every chapter of the story you weren't sure would be 'successful.'

And please, have fun!

2. CherryLightsaber

CherryLightsaber Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Reader Appreciation, huh? A place I've always wanted to see.

I have finished and nearly finished two fics that I was never quite sure of because of the tendency for stories by not-so-known people like me to drown in page 7. These two were "Obi-Wan Kenobi: Jedi Dog", and "Phasmatis of Cruor". Both of them were my first attempts at a certain genre, humor and horror respectively.

But to my surprise, they turned out to be more 'successful' than the others! All thanks to Kynstar, in "Jedi Dog", for commenting on my sense of humor and sticking to it until the end, and JOINME, in "Phasmatis", for staying with it so far and giving encouraging posts and eventually led to my 3-post day because of my high motivation.

Remembering this, especially with my feedback junkieness, makes me feel all warm inside.

3. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    I thanked them thoroughly in the thread, but I want to send out an official Resource thread thank you to the crew who read my recent fic (gonna post the title here, let me know if it's advertising and not okay) Preparing for a Padawan. It was my first big mush fest and my first big success.

This crew spurred me on to produce my longest fic yet and kept me going on a breakneck pace because I just couldn't wait to show them the next part.

Their dedication to it, their laughter, their tears, made it all worth while and better yet, made me want to improve the piece to be worthy of their praise and write even more about Qui, Obi and Ani.

So THANK YOU!

4. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Wow! what an incredible idea! This will be neat. Since I haven't written much my list will be very short:

My beta and fic Master, Neo-Paladin, has read every one of my posts on these boards (even before he took me on as Padawan) and I have been incredibly encouraged by his urging me on.

In the challenges I participate in Lola64 has been a force send! She makes me laugh and encourages me to keep at it and even, I think, challenges me to broaden my horizens. In fact, she all but dares me to.

Jedi_master326, Briman, and Brant_Flir have offered the highest form of flattery in asking me to co-author fics with them and are always there to brighten my day if I don't get the reviews I was hoping for. My other co-authors WynssaStarflare and Zara-Valinor are nothing but helpful and I appreciate them all very much.

LOL! and we mustn't forget Souderwan!:p He has been very kind in his reviews.

*raises glass of Root Beer to them all*
    Thanks guys! May your story threads be full of awesome R&Rs!

5. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Well, then, I simply must extend profound thanks to RebelMom and Tych_sel, the two and only readers who have stuck by these fics of mine without ever letting them down, no matter how much I piss and moan about never getting enough feedback. :p For all that, I should show them grand-scale appreciation for giving permacrete support when I needed it most. Thank you and thank you again, guys, and thank you one or three more times for good measure. :D

6. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

First I don't think it's advertising if you're telling us the story these people had an impact on. So I'm gonna say go ahead and say the stories.

My story isn't done and I plan on posting here again but the first person I'd like to thank is GreatOne (aka PonyTricks). If there is an H/L story out there she'll find it and stick with it. From the Saga boards to the Beyond she covers the spectrum of our favorite couple. So from all us H/L writers to you GO/PT a profound, thank you. =D=

[face_good_luck]

7. Shadowolf

Shadowolf Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    What a lovely idea!

I haven't written too many fics posted here yet but I have to say the my Master Layren has been nothing but encouraging!

Anakins_Force & Souderwan never fail to read my fics and let me know the good & the bad (we haven't gotten to the ugly yet, but that's ok). They're endlessly supportive & more than willing to talk over fics. They haven't missed a fic since I met 'em on the Anakin thread. As they are both excellent writers themselves they raise the bar for me cause I want to try and write a story that's good enough for them to enjoy. Thanks guys! You're improving my writing by leaps & bounds! [:D]

J_L that fic of yours deserved praise! You did a wonderful job with it! :)

8. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Oh, what a really nice idea!

My story, Sleight of Hand, is finally almost finished, and I was planning to do this on the last post, but I'll do it here, too.

There are three people I really want to show my appreciation to. I adore every piece of FB I've ever gotten on the story, but these three just really made my day all the time.

First, I'd like to say a big Thank You! to Kazzy for being such a wonderful beta! She helped me over some rough spots and that's the truth. [:D]

Next, I'd like to say a big Thank You! to Michele (aka Jedi-2B) for encouraging me to post the story in the first place. [:D]

Last, but definitely not least, I'd like to give a big Thank You! to GreatOne aka PonyTricks aka MarySue for being such a faithful reviewer! She was the second one to start posting in the thread and she poked me and prodded me (mercilessly, I might add :p ) when I got slack about updating. I haven't gone through and actually checked, but I think she reveiwed every single one of the 25 chapters I've posted so far. [:D]

9. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    I have several who hold special places in my heart. First and foremost is Theatrejock, the first person to respond to any of my fics. He's been hit and miss for quite some time now, but I'll never forget the first person to read any of my stuff. Next is CourtneySolo, who actually asked for carte blanche PM's whenever I wrote any fiction, and has replied at least once to every story I've ever written. And then there's Jade_Max, whose work brought me to the boards in the first place. She has been intermittently reading a short story of mine. Having such a ... respected author reading anything of mine is priceless. Last, but certainly not least is LadyJediCarenix, who has provided the most helpful responses of any reader I've ever met.

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    In Before and The Saga, there are three people who seem to just sweetly and consistently and very helpfully contribute to my experience as an author--Jemmiah, Mouse2, and Healer_Leona. I've been admirers of them all for as long as I've been on the boards and I'm so grateful for each time they come around to give me a boost.

In the Saga, GreatOne/Ponytricks always seems to brighten my day because I'm so interested, of course, in Han/Leia. GO/PT always seems to be ready to jump on board and remind me of what is true to the relationship and make me think about things.

Beyond, I'll have to get back to this because there are so many people who do it, but Dantanaskywalker and ThePariah come immediately to mind. Dana was always the one encouraging me to go further and to take risks and who would make sure I was keeping to the rules of posting. ThePariah consistently keeps my spirits up with very thoughtful and detailed responses that invoke more inspiration for my stories.

11. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Hey Ish?

THANK YOU FOR STARTING THIS THREAD!=D=

Zonoma

12. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    What a great thread. I love my readers. Every one of them has been so supportive and makes me strive to be better because I want them to like the story.

But there are a couple that get a special [:D] for everything, since the beginning.
    To my Skeleton in the Closet readers:

Thank you ZettaZofia who sent me my first PM. Since the first post she's been there for me. She and some others have kept me from packing it in.

Blondie_JediKnight: just the nicest person on these boards IMO. Thank you for reading and thank you for upping to keep on top of my updating. It's because of you too that I've not given up on this story.

Princess_Melissa: thank you for upping when Blondie got tired.

FelsGoddess: You've been there this whole time, thanks.

oldjedinurse: thank you for just reading. It's an honor to have someone who I practically idolize to take the time for my stuff.

I want to list everyone but to the others, again thanks.:)

And for the First Sentence Challenge Entries:

I want to thank Zonoma for making me laugh. You understand and accept my twistedness. I truly look forward to seeing your replies.

And thank you for giving me a bit part in COTF. Although I didn't get the guy I was quite honored that you did that.

Now before I start to cry I should go. But thanks again to everyone who has ever ventured into something written by me.

13. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I appreciate all my readers because I do and because I?m shallow enough to like replies for the sake of ?Yay! This one got loads!?

Noted readers are:
    VaderLVR64 because she?s replied to the most and coming from someone with her talent even a ?Nice post, I enjoyed it? carries weight and is appreciated.
    Mjsullivan who although he?s replied to marginally fewer has always said more than ?Nice post? and the extra feedback is welcome.
    Padawan Lunetta and TychSel are also appreciated as regular readers.

No offence to anyone not mentioned by name.

14. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    Well.... I've been extrordinarily lucky, and had a shipload of *wonderful* readers. I couldn't possibly name the all :eek:

But a few who always make my day...

My "big sis", Agnet_Jaid, who is crazy and funny and whose posts always put a smile on my face :D

RK_Striker_JK_5, who betas one of my fics. Plus, he keeps his head when some...*cough*Mel*cough* go fangirly, so I get a clear-headed review :D

Lt_Jaina_Solo, who has been reading since...wow. The beginning :eek:

And...oh, can't I just name them *all*? [:D]

Love you guys!

~TJF

15. GrandAdmiralV

GrandAdmiralV Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    Since I'm still relatively new around here it's been tough for me to get readers, but I really want to give snaps to Darth_Scroobius and Oqidaun, both of whom have given me feedback on every chapter of my Boba Fett adventure/romance, Blood and Ashes. Their comments are always amusing and insightful, and Scroob usually gets me to laugh out loud (poor guy, he's been a trooper, even when having to deal with the dreaded "mush"!).

And I also want to thank annabella79 and BobaFanGirl, who came in a little later but are enthusiastic Fett/Temuera Morrison 'shippers and give me props when I need them the most! I love you all, guys!

16. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    What a great idea!

There are so many! From Stolen Moments, I had a lot of readers that had Anakin in their usernames. They were great.

oldjedinurse has been very supportive. I really appreciate it.

goddess45 Oh, you crack me up! She's great!

Lola64 You are awesome! Your comments defintly brighten my day.

There are so many.

All my readers rock! [:D]

17. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I have to give two very big thank you's to both Ani-Maniac and JOINME who were basically with my story from the very first hour I posted it. Those two have provided some very good responses to my story, and they have definately kept me writing it.

Another big thank you goes to Correllian_Ale, who hasn't been there as long, but his reviews and comments mean just as much as those coming from someone who has.

I would also like to send thank you's to That_wookiewarrior and sdhfs who have also sent in their good reviews.

And finally, thanks to all those that have read and haven't replied.

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'd like to thank everyone who's posting in this thread because it's making me feel really good to see everyone appreciating each other. I guess I'm a softie at heart at times.

19. East_Coast_Ryder

East_Coast_Ryder Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2005
    I'd like to recognize the great-and-almighty mod, rhonderoo. =D=

I'm just a n00b, but she has read and reviewed every fic I have put out so far, even if no one else has. Thanks muchly! [:D]

20. Darth_Scroobius

Darth_Scroobius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    I guess pick-on-Scroobius-day has turned into pick-on-Scroobius-week. Be nice, or I'll have my mommy call your mommy!

But to be on-topic here- I appreciate all my readers, but three definitely stand above the rest for brighten-my-day-ness:

1.TorontoJediMaster who was one of my firstest readers and has had many insightful comments and questions.

2.oqidaun whose comments are fun-to-read and even more fun to reply to.

3.GrandAdmiralV who also has given me fun comments to reply to, and been very good-natured about the gentle ribbing I've dished out (and which she obviously returns).

21. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    I have so much love to share and I'm terrified I'll leave someone out, which if I do it doesn't mean I don't love you as I love all my reviewers/readers/lurkers/stalkers. I am always humbled when I get reviews, especially when they seem to just fall out of the blue. I know I'm hard to get sometimes, the imagery is funky, the characters pulled from crowd scenes or out of my head, the plots are convoluted to say the least and the general theme tends to lean towards the sick and twisted; therefore I must applaud those of you who have braved my writing and developed a taste for it. =D=

I'm going to try and cover all my bases...

First off,

I have to give a healthy helping of love to Scroob. He's one of my first readers and for awhile one of my only readers. He went so far as to plug my work in the comments section of his own. That's love! Granted this week has been designated unofficially by GrandAdmiralV and myself as "Scroob Abuse Week", not because we don't love him, but because we do.

For the official record: oqidaun says, "Scroob you rock!"

Secondly,
    Now in the interests of trying to get my undying love and devotion across to all of my other readers, I'm going to speak in big blanket statements. If that is not enough for my wonderful intrepid readers, then PM me your addy and I will send you a handwritten thank you note (I am serious). I love you all greatly.

To the self proclaimed "cult of oqidaun" reading Burn! Burn! Burn!, you guys have stoked my ego to dangerous proportions. I'm likely to become a megalomaniac based on the support, kindness and adoration you've shown me. If that leads me to become a dictator of a island nation you will all have places in my government. I bow to you guys. Thank you, so very much.

To Fluff_Slayer the noble architect of the slightly sadistic ridiculously specific challenges and those who submit themselves to her will. Thank you not only for the challenges, but the accolades for meeting your demands. I remain your humble servant.

To all of those who stumble across my strange viggies, challenge pieces or weird attempts at humor and don't leave after saying, "What the hell is this?" you warm my heart. :D I am still walking on air after the reviews to "Thursdays with my Father".

To the OC Dueling Circle, you guys love Maz and that means a lot to me, especially, after the responses that "Ewok Murder Rampage" garnered.

To Correllian_Ale for making that keen analogy between my writing and boiled cabbage on the "You know when you're reading a fic by so-and-so" thread. I loved that!!! (of course, my dad's Irish so cabbage holds a special place in my heart)

Lastly,

To all of those readers who aren't afraid of the big bad OC--hat's off!, from me and all the OC writers out there.

22. maderic

maderic Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    A sweeping series of thank you's to everyone who has read or is reading Jedi Betrayal I-IV and The Fallen Shroud (among my other, shorter assorted works). Without you, I have little reason to be here and you guys and gals always keep me motivated when I need some fire under my heels to get to the keyboard. Thank you all. You people rock. :)

23. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I'm going to give a shout out to Dally, not just for myself, but moreso for the fact that Dally is always supportive of new authors and stories... =D= [:D] =D=

24. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Well, I don't get that many readers to start with, so truth be told, every single one of my readers gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.

SenatorLeia73, you are the true KOTOR cheerleader, and as the only steady reader to my first edition of Blue Side, I salute you!

To the denizens of the OC Dueling Circle, your continued feedback and plethora of new challenges keep me going. To the Duellers, and may our circle continue for a good, long time.

Fluff_Slayer, your challenges are as ridiculous as you claim, and like oqi, I thank you not only for taking the time to make them up, but for your excellent feedback. Also, it warmed my heart to see you mentioned me in the "you-know-you're-reading-a-fic-by" thread. Especially since I write out of your era. :p May you write us many more ridiculous challenges!

JadeSolo, you haven't been reading my stuff for long, but it was really cool to hear that my writing had gotten you interested in the KOTOR era. I only hope I can continue to live up to expectations, but I thank you for your excellent feedback. :D

Again, everyone who reads my stories gets so many coolness points, even if you don't happen to reply. Of course, by replying, you allow me to think you're extra cool, which may or may not appeal to you. :p In any case, I love you all, and your comments mean the world to me. [:D]

25. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Now let me see, who fits on this list?... heh, who doesn't fit on this list, come to think of it?! I've been blessed with some of the BEST readers ever, and they're all so cute too. [face_love]

Well, first, there's my brother. Jon, (RK_Stiker_JK5) has been one of my--- wait, he has been my most faithful reader, as well as beta for just about everything I do. He's brilliant and his reviews are better then sugar (which is a very high compliment :D) and is in general awesome. [:D]

There's also Mimi, or Jedi_Bubbles. What can I say? She's as hyper as I am, and we have the exact same obsessions (well, not chocolate but that's alright) and it's so dang fun! [:D]

Erin fits, although she's been missing for... like... ages. Trickster_Jaina_Fel beta's whatever it is that Jon doesn't, and she's probably my main Plot Device Bouncer Off'er and in general makes my day all glowy. Plus she lets me play with her OC's, which in itself, is absolutely worship-worthy. *bows* [face_praying] [:D]

Kyle (Mirax-Jade) and Niccie (ForGoodOrForAwesome9) are absolutely adorable readers and you have them to blame for most of my Mara!Angst. Wait -- LEAVE THEM ALONE!! *shriek* :eek:

I'll be back with the other --- *checks the list* -- four readers, in a while. I have to go pack. :D

*HUGS YOU ALL*

You guys are so great!!!!

[:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.