main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It's a R.A.P.--The perfect place to recognize your favorite readers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarthIshtar, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthGaul

DarthGaul Jedi Master star 3

May 25, 2004
    Well...since most of my readers are either being very shy (ie - not giving responses back.) or they just enjoy the read and rather say nothing at all. Props to them I say. Read on.

A special thanks to...

DarthWalker - You've hung on to my stories so far (updates lagging not withstanding...) so I say thank you for being a very attentive reader.

Darth-Mithrandir - Don't worry, I'm not excluding you at all. Just haven't heard from ya in a while. Always great to hear your reaction to my stories.

Jedi-Flyfisher - Don't really know you too much, but your watching me...so I only assume your reading as well. If you are...great! Thanks so much. If not....Why not? Come read dang you! Heheheh! I kid...I kid...

Jarrak_Hallon - Thanks for reading....hope you start your story soon.

Padawan-Seren - Thank you for popping in....are you ever coming back? Heh!

emimar - Did you ever print out the first episode of my work? Thanks for reading and taking an interest!

sdhfs - One word is all you say? Maybe next time add in two more...heh!

VadersMistress, MasterTywalker, darth_of_the_night ....I hope you are all still reading dispite my long pauses inbetween the updates. If you are...thank you, hope you are still enjoying the story.

To anyone else that has been reading my stories...I thank you, a word of any kind would be appreciated...sometimes we writers tend to get lonely with so few responses. Well...Ok maybe that's just me.

For those that haven't read my stories....why the hell not?! Again, I kid you...heh!

Click on my signature to join in the adventure. It has another link to the first episode just incase you might get lost in the story.

I remain as always....DarthGaul.

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I have to thank Kelia, who must seek out my stories, or reads everything on the boards! She always has a kind compliment and makes me feel appreciated.

Special mention to:

Aiel - who was sweet enough to call me the funniest author on the boards. [face_blush]

Golden_Jedi - who awarded me my first Showered Keyboard compliment. That truly made my day.

I can't forget:
    Jaira
    Feng_Hung
    HanSoloissoCute
    Healer_Leona

And special mention and thanks to my master: VaderLVR64

To any lurkers: thanks for reading, but I'd love feedback - good and bad and in-between, for how else can I improve? Feel free to PM me.

Many thanks, guys.

3. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    =D= What a wonderful thread!

First of all, to those who have thanked me in this thread, Lola64, FelsGoddess, NYCitygurl, BigFatty, Meredith_Kenobi, Earthknight, and MirandaFair...all I can say is Thank YOU!! You have all played a big part in getting me started in fanfic, and definitely helped me to stay here! You are all faithful readers and friends.

The list of loyal fans out there who have read my fics from the beginning, and continue to be incredibly kind to me, is impossibly long - too long to post here in its entirety. I do, however, want to offer special thanks to a few:

AvenKiel
    ccp
    Chimpo_the_Sith
    ChissGoddess
    crackjacks
    Draconarius
    Gloria
    Golden_Jedi
    Killik_Swarm
    Keela_Underwail ... my Padawan
    MaraJade1225 ... my Padawan
    PonyTricks
    Rebel-at-Heart ... my latest Padawan
    RebelMom
    skywalker64089
    TheSheryl
    TKL
    Trepidation
    VaderLVR64
    Vongchild
    WynssaStarflare
    zettazofia

You have each offered very meaningful support - frequently when I needed it the most, and whether you knew it or not.

Then there are my "firsts" ...

tangled_sphere: My Master, my friend. A brilliant writer who I hope settles down long enough to find her way back to the boards! You did so much to help me get started here. I would not have become so confident on the boards, had it not been for you. [face_love] [:D]

Healer_Leona: My GrandMaster. One of my very first readers. A wonderfully kind and consistent presence in the JC. I love seeing your colors on my posts, because I know you'll be supportive and have some insights for me. Thank you! *Big Hugs*

Mirax_Corran: Myra. You were my very first reader here, and you've stuck with me all the way. Love ya! *Big Hugs*

JediTristan: Tris, you were the first person to PM me just to talk. We've had many interesting exchanges! You also continue to support my stories, with brilliantly literate responses that I adore. *Big Hugs*

YodaKenobi: My faithful YK! You are laugh-out-loud funny, incredibly talented, and above all, a good friend. Your responses never fail to give me something to think about - you always point out things I would not otherwise have seen in my fics. And through it all, you've been supportive and encouraging. Thanks for saving me ... you know when. ;) *Big Hugs*

To every other VIP and fellow J/Jer who has read, responded or lurked in my stories - THANK YOU! [:D]

And before I shut up, I owe all the amazing writers here an apology - for not having enough time to read all the great stories you've posted! I truly wish I could read them all.

~~ oldj ~~

4. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Mirax_Corran: Myra. You were my very first reader here, and you've stuck with me all the way. Love ya! *Big Hugs*
    *hugs* *sniff*

Me? Well, I think that I have to thank Jesina_Dreis, because without her, I would never have learned my way around these boards. She's read (I believe) almost everything that I've ever posted, and is really supportive.

There were tons of people who were so wonderful when I first joined here ... Jaya_Solo ... Oldj ... You guys rock! [:D]

5. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    I didn't know this thread existed; if I had, I would have been thanking people right and left long ago! :D

Big thank you's and many hugs to:

Stormqueen - My faithful beta who always makes time for me no matter how busy she is. She supports me and asks lots of questions to help me discover my story themes and characters. And she's a good friend. [:D]

Katielessar - My lovely padawan. Her replies are always so excited and breathless sounding, they bring a huge smile to my face. :D A wonderful friend.

BrentusofGath - My only male reader, I believe. He faithfully replies to every story I post and keeps me on my toes when I don't notice new replies. ;)

Idrelle_Miocovani - She took an interest in my writing soon after I joined the boards and has followed it ever since. Her trademark question "Have you written anything new?" sometimes acts as the push I need to get writing. :)

VaderLVR - If it has Anakin or Obi in it, she always comes running to read. :D

Kestrel_Kenobi - She has faithfully read ever fic I've posted and left very sweet replies that make me feel so special. [:D]

amidalachick - Another one of my faithful followers. She always has a kind word to say about my fics. Her replies make me smile! :D

And thank you to everyone else who has read my fics! You are not any less important than the ones I've mentioned. :)

6. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Ack! Double post.

7. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    Ah...yes, it certainly is a wonderful idea. :)

sheleigh: You were, I believe, my first reader--and if not the first, then one of. All that encouragement was invaluable to me as I took my first steps into the "Dark Days of Newbieness"; thank you for everything!

Layren: Though I haven't fulfilled my many promises yet, you're inexplicably patient with me. Patience isn't even required! [face_laugh] Thanks!

Commander-DWH and oqi-darling: Of all the wonderful and talented writers I have encountered here, you two probably have the most of my respect. Your bravery astounds me; you've yet to balk from one of those detestable Challenges. Both of you wandered in curiously with the first of them and stuck about, and for that I am enormously grateful. ( Where's the guunga fruit?:p ) I love you guys.

PadawanEstel: Your presence has remained a great comfort, even though we don't see much of you anymore. Thank you for the astoundingly honest reviews!

Princess_Arulmozhi and maychorian: The detailed, specific replies that I recieved from you may not have been completely deserved, but I thank you anyway--always look forward to hearing from you. :)

Bastet and Gkilkenny: Thanks for popping in from time to time!

Of course, every reader is appreciated--Love you, people. @};- [:D]

8. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I have to do this for the collaboration between myself and Angel_9, a pilot OC fic called "A Star Too Far"

Two readers have been with us through the last while since either finding the story, or from the beginning. We're infrequent posters, and very busy people...

Nine has been swamped by DRL to the point of disappearing frequently, but the quality of his posts and the way they enhance the plot have been commented on by our readers. Two of them, who have stayed through thick and recently slim need to be recognized for their patience and tenacity.

Thumper09 and Nomad-2

Thank you guys for sticking with us, you have no idea the encouragement you give in your comments and with your stalwart dedication to reading our infrequent updates!

9. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    First, YodaKenobi for giving the most helpful reviews all the time. Even when I encourage it, this is the only person to ever point out my mistakes.

10. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    I owe goddess45 a huge thank you. She sticks with my stories and always ups them even when I don't update for a long time. [:D]

11. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Lol, F_S. You're a very talented writer, and deserve all these reviews and more. :)

I have a lot of people to thank - both for making me believe in the fact that I could write - and for reinforcing, again and again - that they genuinely liked what they read.

Diane: The first person who ever replied to my stuff. I was a quivering newbie, and hers were the first words I saw when I checked for replies. She was one of the reasons I kept writing - as a veteran of Qui/Obi, I value her input a lot. You have my eternal gratitude, m'lady.

LE: A magnificent writer who never ceases to amaze me by her sheer ability to shower compliments. She's one of the reasons I kept writing down even random plot bunnies. I always look for her reviews - and they always make my day.

Seven: My little one. She's always so ecstatic that I grin whenever I read her reviews. :D

Healer_Leona: The mod who made me welcome on the Boards - and someone who reviewed every chapter of whatever I wrote. I was awed - I also melted, inside.

May: Another talented writer who can blow her readers off their feet. I've always been impressed by her ability to pinpoint the essence of any post. Thanks so much, May.

Vadey: I know how busy you must be, and yet, you still make time to read my stuff. [:D]

River_Stone: Another reader who leaves me breathless with her reviews. I personally call her 'The Master reviewer' - and I always feel like I've won the Nobel Prize for literature, whenever she writes. Originator of the 'Authors Lockdown Company' - she has a crystal ball which she uses to predict plot twists and turns. :D Love ya.

F_S: My caustic reader. She makes me laugh - and she's so perceptive that I'm stunned by some her comments. My dear, you rock.

Musing: I never knew the sheer power of upping, before M came along - and it's due largely to her efforts that I update as much as I do. I'm flattered that anyone should take so much trouble... and I wish, for your sake, that I did produce about 2000 words on every story. :D

Jedi_Tigris: Her comments are incisive, sharp and spot on. You're so good to me. Thank you.

Star-Drifter: Someone who reads all my stuff - *all* - and then writes detailed reviews on them all. You can see that she really jumps into the story when she does - and recently, she commented even when she was ill. That really says a lot.

PK: Her words are always precise. But she cheerfully uses bungee-jump cords on all my evil cliffies.:D

Shaindl: For pulling me out of my Room of Nerves whenever I needed it. And for being a wonderful beta for 'Elysia'.

To...
    Layren
    Kynstar
    Knight_Dilettante
    Bastet
    Gkilkenny
    SakuraTsukikage
    Master_Noi
    Stormqueen
    Kadi
    Jemmiah
    Katieelessar
    Stella_Ripple
    Darksaber
    Dragonlady
    JadeSolo
    forever_jedi
    corellian-jedi
    kateydidnt
    Indra
    Arwen_Jade
    Salem-Aubrey
    Astrae_Virgo
    sheleigh
    meg_an2006
    nd_jedi
    tangled_Sphere
    SarkaVrae
    Just_Jill
    Noelie
    foxsolo
    BrightFeather

Thank you, again and again. You're all the reason I still write.

And if I've missed out anyone, I'm deeply sorry. :)

12. merijune

merijune Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2005
    I thank all who, especially MoeTharen, have read "hidden away" on the saga board. The story is now complete.

13. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    For my first full-length, completed fic, I could mention all my readers for making me laugh and making me want to finish it, but special recognition goes to two people:
    Jemmiah for giving me the plot bunny and enduring my really stupid questions about continuity.
    Noelie, the person who not only helped me with characterization, but gave me the personality test results that explained why.

14. REVANLORD

REVANLORD Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    I have a few thanks to give out. These people are the catalysts for my fic, One of my Kind.

To VaderLVR64 for being the first to respond to my fic! :p

To Healer_Leona for giving me the bit about spacing between paragraphs while misspelling everything. That was hilarious and let me write more!

And especially to Moe_Tharen for being my constant reader and for all the applause!

The Hooded Soul

15. americantragedy

americantragedy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Ok, I have to say DarthIshtar simply because she read the good, the bad, and the horrifying from me. Thanks Ish.

IrishEyedJedi also for dealing with the fact that I talk more about what i want to write than i actually write. She made me post my poem that everyone loved.

-mia-

16. sentinel75

sentinel75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2004
    Ophelia, thank you very much. I'm glad to have been of help and support to you, and if you decide to write a new novel, I hope I can be there to support you for that as well.

Cheers,

sentinel

17. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    I've been wanting to do this for a while, but somehow I forgot.[face_blush]

I'd like to acknowledge the people who had stuck with me and my ventures no matter how depressing they could get.

starwarsfan68
    PonyTricks
    ccp
    dm1
    owphoenix
    MirandaFair

People, you're my oldest readers and I very much apreciate always your insights and your kind words (not to mention morale boosting when I felt I could not go on with it. Special thanks, dm1!)

Last but not least, my wonderful Master and beta reader, VaderLVR64: you always notice what nobody else does. I have the beated files saved and backuped, because I love your between-paragraphs notes so much!

18. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Wow, I have so many people I want to thank and so little time to do so;

Princess_Elisabeth (Who always sends me the most amazing replies and always replies back when I write a reply to her stories)
    ani-eyes (who have sticked with me from my very first post on my very first story, her encouragement have been amazing.)
    Dahlia_Santary (with whom I?m working with on the new story index of the saga and have on such a short time become on of my friends)
    RyooNaberrie (who hopefully will start working together with me, I?m praying that she will)
    CrazyAni(whos wonderful replies have meant so much to me)
    AnakinsFavorite (with who I've had long and wonderful pm conversations, I'm so glad that I could help)

[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

The six of you have become some of my closest board friends and with all of my heart I thank you for that.

[:D] AzureAngel2 (who I have had long and wonderful pm conversations with)
    [:D] Iaranon (for your questions that always helps me keep writing cuz I want an answerer to them as well)
    [:D] qingauk (who came up with the challenge that is ?Ray of Light? and for your wonderful replies)

And I will never forget

[:D] to:

a_jedi89
    alexceasar
    Alishu06
    Amidala66
    Anakin_heart_Padme
    Anakin_Heartbreaker
    anakin_luver
    AnakinLuver
    anakinsangelover
    AnakinsFavorite
    AnakinsLuv
    ani-eyes
    Arriss.
    AzureAngel2

Babeekim (who I really hope will show up soon and also which good luck when she takes her first step into the wonderful world of fanfics as she has started her own)
    Bale
    Bmwgurl17
    Brant_Flir
    ChewbacaRocks
    CrazyAni
    Dahlia_Santary
    DancesWithBlasters
    Darth_Gangrenous
    (who have become a great friend of mine)
    Davedrag
    EquestrianJedi07
    FitJedi
    full_moon
    Galactic_Girl

Gambit_My_Master ?RL friend.
    Healer_Leona
    Iaranon
    JamanMosil
    JediArym
    Katana-Geldar
    Kitten
    LeiaPadmeSkywalker
    LoveAnakin1
    Lucid_Lady

MarcusDade (thank you for telling me about the ?bee? thing)
    merijune
    Mirik

mixza (thank you for reminding me about the ?bee? thing)
    MoeTharen
    NickStarwalker
    Padmeshandmaiden
    pink_saber_girl
    Princess_Elisabeth
    qingauk
    randomangel22
    rb657062
    RyooNaberrie
    SandofDesert

Sithhappens6 (who hopefully will continue write cuz I miss her stories)
    T65flyer
    Theman54
    VaderLVR64
    WendyGage

And [:D] to everyone who possibly have lurked my stories.

19. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    There are two sisters--Araxie and Noelie--who for some reason decide to support me (It may have something to do with the fact that I got Noelie to start writing and now Araxie's following in her footsteps). They both have remarkably busy lives, but they still manage to stop by and leave some encouragement.

20. bi0nic

bi0nic Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    I'd like to join in on the Noelie love, she's replied to every single thing I've done so far. Although that only comes to a total of . . . *does a quick count* . . . 5 posts spread across 3 fics, it means a lot to a newb to have one person diligently following you around giving support. [:D]

21. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Thanks Ish and Bi0nic! That makes me feel very good! I follow you both around because you are good! Just remember to let me know what you have done because my life just took a busy upturn!

For me of course I have a few people that have been very kind reading my stories:

Ish would the first one, because she kept after me about trying the writing because I occasionally get why characters would do things. She had kindly let me troop around her in particular universe making messes and then scurries to clean up after them.[face_blush]

My sister Araxie is always there, teaching me the real meaning of support and courage. She tries things without someone making a cool OC for her.@};-

Luna_Nightshade who is so wonderful herself comes to read what I have to say, and it is a honor to have her around. [:D]

And then the Princess_of_Naboo, Amidalachick and Rk_Striker who actually LIKE the OC Noela [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.