main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It's about that time for <Drum Roll>

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Arun Dale, Jul 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeannette

Jeannette Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2001
    That's just it my personal life isn't going to pick up for some time I have had to cope with it since I was 14.

*sighs* My mum has always had a mental problem but when my dad died at 14 she cracked up totally. She is living in a house thats being flooded out with sewage, she can't look after herself and has threatened suicide. I got my half sister trying to track me down coz she believes I've stolen her money and no family to help me out. That is my problem not that money issues that they all seem to think it is. I couldn't care less about the money.

2. Veritas

Veritas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
  3. Charis

Charis Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 29, 2002
    Yeah TK - Well not quoting you exactly obviously - cos I've not got a photographic memory, but you said something along the lines of "I wasn't listed on the site cos I'm not a member of the clique".

Depending on how you look at that statement, it could be taken at face value - i.e. you were not included cos Sam didn't think about you cos you are not in the social circle that he mainly associates with, which is fair enough.

As opposed to, "hay, you didn't include me cos i'm not in your stupid group, you moron".

Now if people had read it as the first meaning, then frankly, they can't take offense, but as always, there are always those who live on the defensive and wow, you suckered the aggressive response and well, you on your defensive slammed back and then, locked thread, sigh! Now maybe you did mean the second meaning, in which case, rap your knuckles and don't do it again, but otherwise things just went boom over something as trivial as a website listing. And low and behold - both of you take punches at each other everytime you cross paths. You lost your temper, so did he - it happens.

Does that make sense? I'm very mellow when it comes to the Internet :)

4. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    J thats terriable,

5. Yoshi-Toshi

Yoshi-Toshi Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2002
    OI!!!! WHO SPILT MY PINT????? :mad:

Ya wanna fight?????

6. Voren

Voren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    J, you did not have to tell us that,

I think I speak for most of us when I say that we are all friends and would support you whatever.

Anyway this is begining to sound like a "daytime" thread, so please just chill out and relax in good company.

V.

7. Veritas

Jul 19, 2002
    //pats Yoshi on the head

There, there. Don't let your new-found immortality go to your head. :p

8. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    I agree with V you didn't have to tell us. But like he says we are all friends

9. Dark_Queen

Dark_Queen Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 23, 2002
    I really am sorry to hear that J!

OK is your moms home rented or a council house or does she own it? If she lives in a council house you can report the problem to their Environmental housing department and demand that she be moved immediately, all you need to do is get a doctors note stating that it's affecting her health, which it will be! They have to move her immediately! If it's a private house you should still report it to the local Environmental Department and the water board to which the drains belong to because the waste water pipes should not reflux like that!

Have you tried doing any of this?

10. Dark_Queen

Mar 23, 2002
    OI!!!! WHO SPILT MY PINT?????

Ya wanna fight?????

ME :p

11. Jeannette

Apr 9, 2001
    yeah I have it's been going on for two years the council got taken to court and have paid up some money but it's nothing to get her to move, and they haven't moved her and don't to either.

12. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    right, kinda get ya now, charis!!! :)

Aye- i just used the excuse of the website to bring up the point of the clique and the treatment i got. then he called me a prat and my temper got the better of me (which is my main problem! [face_blush] ). i was just making a point then i got flamed. i see no problem in my approach up to being flamed!!! :) anyway, Voren is right!!! let's all not think about it and give big hugs all round!!!! :D

13. Voren

Apr 25, 2002
    Big Hug for J!

V.

14. Veritas

Jul 19, 2002
    I would give big hugs all around, but I don't trust you lot to keep your hands in respectible places. :p

15. Charis

Charis Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 29, 2002
    Oh J, that's terrible. No wonder you feel vulnerable.

Sometimes you have to talk about something serious in order to clear the air - hard thought that may be to listen to guys :)

Definitely contact the Environmental Department and report this. I've had plenty of experience with them and they are usually very very helpful - in fact, most Environmental Health Officers love their job so much that they are overly helpful. Edit - this is obviously redundant now :) Have you thought about taking the Council back to Court?

Doesn't your mother qualify for some kind of social worker support?

PM me about the sister money/issue if you want to chat. I may be able to help you out with some off the record legal advice - one advantage of my job :)

16. Jeannette

Apr 9, 2001
    I wouldn't trust them either ;)

anyway I am going to go take a shower I shall be back in a bit :)

17. Veritas

Jul 19, 2002
    :D @ Jeannette

18. Dark_Queen

Mar 23, 2002
    yeah I have it's been going on for two years the council got taken to court and have paid up some money but it's nothing to get her to move, and they haven't moved her and don't to either.

Councils make my blood boil! I'm sure that's breaking the tennancy agreement on their behalf and they can be in BIG trouble for that! The trouble with Councils is they'll worm out of it if you leave em for just 1 minute I've had some epic battles with this lot up here! Keep at them though you'll get her moved in the end! :)

19. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    speak to ya later, J!!! :)

i would put my hands wherever you wanted them, Veritas!!! :D

20. Yoshi-Toshi

Mar 12, 2002
    *Big hug for J* :)

*Big hug for Veritas*

Heyyyyyyyy...... ;)

If it's any concelation to anybody, i class you all as my friends. Mainly coz my friends in real life hate me :_| 8-}

21. Veritas

Jul 19, 2002
    TK - You'd better believe I'll remember that. ;)

//hugs Yoshi :D

22. Voren

Apr 25, 2002
    Now that the evening crew is on shift, J is feeling happier and no one is shouting at each other, I'm off.

Have a very good evening everyone and I'll see ya round the galaxy sometime.

V.

23. Veritas

Jul 19, 2002
    Cya, Voren.

24. Yoshi-Toshi

Mar 12, 2002
    Awwww Veritas ;)

Must......stop......hands.....wan..dering..must...... 8-}

25. Veritas