main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It's Always Sunny in Philiadephia: New Episode Tonight

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Zaz, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    SUMMARY
    Airs Next:FX at Thursday 10:00 PM (30 min.)
    Premiered:August 4, 2005
    Show Categories:Comedy

"It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia revolves around four friends who run a bar in the City of Brotherly Love and have to overcome their relentless self-involvement to make their friendship and business work."

LATEST EPISODE
    The Gang Gets Extreme: Home Makeover
    Airs: Thursday November 13, 2008

"Hoping to make their own dreams come true, the gang sets out to give an unexpected family an extreme home makeover."

2. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    LATEST EPISODE
    The Nightman Cometh
    Airs: Thursday November 20, 2008

"In the season finale, Charlie gets the gang to help him put together a rock opera based on his song "Nightman."

3. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Season Premiere

The Gang Exploits the Mortgage Crisis

"Dennis, Mac, and Frank go into real estate, while Dee sets out to be a surrogate for a wealthy couple. Charlie gets into it with an attorney over the law."

Airs: 09/17/09

4. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    The Gang Hits the Road

"The gang goes on a road trip to the Grand Canyon."

Airs: 09/24/09

5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I didn't get a chance to watch this last night. Instead I got to go see "The Nightman Cometh" performed live by the entire cast of "Always Sunny"! It. Was. Awesome. They also showed a sneak preview of the special Christmas DVD that's coming out in a few weeks. The scene they showed had Charlie visiting Santa at the mall and asking just one question. "Did you **** my mom?" Hilarity of course ensues. Plus we got to see an upcoming episode called (IIRC) "The Gang restarts the rivalry" about a flip cup rivalry with another bar across town.

I'll post some pictures from the show later today when I'm at home.

6. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    It's Always Sunny LIVE! The Nightman Cometh
    Sep 24, 2009 San Francisco
    [image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/darthcolin/IMG_0681.jpg] [image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/darthcolin/IMG_0689.jpg]
    [image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/darthcolin/IMG_0699.jpg] [image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/darthcolin/IMG_0700.jpg]
    [image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/darthcolin/IMG_0702.jpg] [image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/darthcolin/IMG_0706.jpg]
    [image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/darthcolin/IMG_0708.jpg]

7. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    10-10:30PM
    FX, TV-MA It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia B+

"Frank (Danny DeVito) tries to hang himself twice this week ? once before the opening credits ? while Dennis (Glenn Howerton) and Mac (Rob McElhenney) fire Charlie (Charlie Day), who starts fishing for crabs by a sewage runoff. The result is stupid, deranged, and fairly disgusting, none of which should be taken as criticism."

8. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Not sure if anyone else here watches this show, but about last nights episode: What the hell??

Not only was it an easy nominee for the 'worst episode ever' category, but the whole thing was one extended commercial for the Dave and Busters restaurant chain. I felt like there should have been a running tally along the bottom of the screen keeping track of how many times the characters said 'Dave and Busters' (several times per minute in every scene but two) And we really didn't need a two-minute exposition on how to purchase, use, and add money to the D&B prize cards, nor a list of all the games, menu items, beverages, and services which the venue offers.

Product placement is one thing, but my god, this is selling out to a degree that the show would have mocked and used as a source of jokes in seasons past.

It doesn't help that the material they squeezed in between the D&B references wasn't all that clever of entertaining. The whole debacle makes me want to stay away from both the show and the restaurant now.

9. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I am working through Season Four on DVD right now so I can start watching the Season Five episodes I have recording on my DVR.... :D Love this show.

10. ForceJumpAnakin

ForceJumpAnakin Force Ghost star 4

Dec 24, 2006
    From that season, I especially love the episodes "Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life" and "The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell". And I gotta say, Rickety Cricket's escape sequence in the season 4 premiere was a funny surprise.

11. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah season four was good. I am now caught up to current with the season five stuff I had on my DVR.

12. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    The Gang Gives Frank an Intervention

"When Frank's behavior becomes even more outlandish than usual, the gang decides to stage an intervention."

Airs: 10/08/09

13. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Lookin forward to it. :D

14. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998

The Waitress is Getting Married

"As the Waitress prepares to get married, Dee is jealous that she isn't a bride to be. Meanwhile, the guys try to reintroduce a broken hearted Charlie into the dating scene."

Airs: 10/15/09

15. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    "I'm a full on rapist."

[face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]

16. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    The World Series Defense

"The gang tries to get out of paying a parking ticket that they received on the evening of the final game of the 2008 World Series."

Airs: 10/22/09

17. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    The Gang Wrestles for the Troops

"The gang puts together a wrestling show for returning troops. Meanwhile, Dee finally meets the solider that she has been communicating with over the internet."

Airs: 10/29/09

18. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Wait...so is Cricket dead?

19. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Paddy's Pub: Home of the Original Kitten

"The gang decides to expand their business by developing a number of products that they could sell at Paddy's pub."

Airs: 11/05/09

20. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998

Mac and Charlie Write a Movie

"When Mac and Charlie learn that Dee has gotten a part in M. Night Shyamalan's next film, the two see this as a perfect opportunity to pitch their screenplay."

Airs: 12/03/09

21. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I still cannot figure out why the hell Netflix does not have the Always Sunny Christmas Special.

22. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I got the Christmas Special a few days ago. The only complaint I can think of is that it's only 45 mins long. It's GOLD and better than anything they've shown this season. Which is still pretty damn good.

23. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001

10-10:30PM | FX
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

"Six seasons in, and Sunny continues to be a shining example of how to expertly combine smart political commentary with the basest of humor."

24. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    Last nights premiere episode was great. So glad to have some new Sunny back. I can only go on for so long without some Charlie.

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lot of good stuff last night, same with the League. Charlie and Frank's antics were particularly hilarious.[face_laugh]