main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Prairie It's lonely on the plains... isn't anybody in Saskatchewan right now?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Whimper, Apr 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    Add one to your list Whimper, there's a prarie girl right here

2. giscanada

giscanada Jedi Master

May 28, 1999
    I'm from Saskatoon as well.

3. Kreedek

Kreedek Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2001
    i too am from saskatoon, although i dont know how old this post is.

4. Whimper

Whimper Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 1999
    Wow! Three more! We're up to 16 JC'er currently in, or formerly from Saskatchewan. I wonder if there's a fanforce option for "Province Rep". :)

5. Jedi_Jason5001

Jedi_Jason5001 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    Wow who knew that there would be a two month lapse in between posts! Regina boy right here, ladies and gents. Star Wars all the way. Anyone else from the capital or am i alone in this big place I call home? HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

6. Whimper

Whimper Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 1999
    Me, Jedi_Ellejandra, and Emajekral are all from Regina.

7. Darth_Vicconius

Darth_Vicconius Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2001
    Chalk up another S'toonian. Make that two (my bro uses this computer and posts through my name sometimes). I am arranging my business so that we can line up again. Probably the night before. I got there last time at around 3am the day of, and ended up just at the end of the parking lot beside the theatre.

On a side note, I'm here in Sask for life. I don't get people that can't find things to do here. Do not try...DO! I've stayed with friends in all the major centers and their lives are more boring than here. For a Tatooine reference, notice how all the most important people and events always revolve around Tatooine? Strong in the force it is, as are the inhabitants. They do not look to the future. They pay attention to where they are, what they are doing. Coruscant (Toronto) is not the center of the universe, but rather Tatooine (Saskatchewan). We even have about the same precipitation as Tatooine lately. Well, I'm off to Canadian Tire to pick up some power converters.

8. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Ah, analogies are so much fun. Just checked in to see if anything was happening.

9. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    good God! Rogue_Null is from the Prairies???

My thinking is, there's three girls at my school,(two of them being my best friends :) ) and with me, there's four. WE all read the New Jedi Order, and adore Hayden Christensen. I think that's good enough for a FanForce high school club. YES!

10. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    YES....and a FanForce Chapter!!!

11. Darth-Schwartz

Darth-Schwartz Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    hi i'm 21 m Pilot Butte sk. (realy close to Regina) i'm new to the board.
    i'm glad there's a Sask. section. any news on advanced ticket sales for ciniplex odeons? i think i got my phantom menace ticket a week in advance last time i can't remeber.

12. Darth-Schwartz

Apr 16, 2002
    oh while i'm here i'm looking for comic artists and inkers if you are one or you know of one whos near the Regina area let me know :) I have been writing story for about a year now that i wanted to do as a comic. its not Star Wars related but its right up that ally.

13. Denizen

Denizen Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2002
    Hello all!!
    I am new to the forum but not to Saskatchewan, been here in Saskatoon 20 some years. Glad to see alot of Saskatchewonians. Thanks to Whimper for putting out the call! I saw Star Wars at the Town Cinema in 1977, and it did effect my life in a positive way. I still go down there in front of the theatre and reminisce. My family (2 boys) is now sharing in my interest of everything Star Wars except when I talk in Hutteese. Hope to hear from you soon, maybe see afew of you? Anybody going to the Broadway premiere this Sunday April 28 for the local parody of Star Wars/Godfather spoof? It is great that all proceeds are going to charity! Way to go guys!!!

14. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
  15. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Greetings all. I've come back after a long trip away from this thread. May the force be with all of you, in all your endeavours. I will not return, and in a couple of months, will have to leave the boards, perhaps permanently.

16. Darth-Schwartz

Apr 16, 2002
    advanced tickets for ciniplex odeon in Regina (southland mall) may 13. thats what they told me today anyway. see you in line!

17. TTEF-ABOB

TTEF-ABOB Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    Just thought I'd drop a line from Saskatoon to let you know there are a few of us out there. I've been on TF.N for a while but never actually registered.

18. LtKettch

LtKettch Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2000
    I'm from Saskatoon. I think we should organize the ticket line so that it's not a mass confusion as to when they go on sale. We know it's going to be Pacifac. It's only a question of when. I've been harassing them all week, and they still don't know.

If any of you want to get in contact with me, just email me at anders-bergstrom@shaw.ca, re: Star Wars ticket line. I'm planning on going down Wed. night after work, but it would be cool if we were somewhat organized. I'm working at the new Blockbuster in Erindale.

Anyway, I NEED MIDNIGHT SHOWING TICKETS.
    CINEPLEX ODEON, GET ON IT NOW!

19. -Vader-

-Vader- Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    I'm from Saskatoon and would like to know who else buys toys from Amazing Stories?

20. LtKettch

LtKettch Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2000
    WOO HOO! Saskatoon has their tickets!

21. Darth-Schwartz

Apr 16, 2002
    sorry about that damn may 13 ticket sales crap i posted. i got some false information from a so called friend of mine. anyway i got my 12:01 ticket tonight (regina sk southland) EVERYONE IN REGINA GO NOW!!!!

22. Darth-Schwartz

Apr 16, 2002
    sorry about that damn may 13 ticket sales crap i posted. i got some false information from a so called friend of mine. anyway i got my 12:01 ticket tonight (regina sk southland) EVERYONE IN REGINA GO NOW!!!!

23. Darth_Vicconius

Darth_Vicconius Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2001
    WOOHOO is right. I read here that they went on sale in Saskatoon at noon. I read it at 9:00PM. Got to the ticket booth at 9:45PM and got 5 midnight showing tickets. There may still be some tomorrow because the ticket booth closed at 10:15 and it sounded like there were still seats. Get there early and Fetch.

Answering the person about Amazing Stories, yes I buy there once in a while. It's more expensive then Walmart, but they sometimes have imports and rarities.

24. Master_Valen

Master_Valen Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2002
    Hello Everyone!

I just found this site today. Sheesh, huge message forums.

Well I am also from Saskatchewan, grew up in Regina but now I live in Saskatoon.

I'll be putting this link on my desktop so I can come back and visit more often.

In case some of you are interested I actually run my own server/website/forums that are setup on the star wars universe. Of course it is located right here in sunny/windy Saskatchewan!

http://galaxies.maddnet.com

I know everyone is pumped about EP2 that start tonight, but what about SW: Galaxies? Any of you planning to play this game at all? It looks to be about the best MMORPG ever. BTW, we also run a few Jedi Knight II game servers off of our server. Be sure to pop in for a little sabre action!

25. Darth-Schwartz

Apr 16, 2002
    atack of the clones kicked ass!!!!! ebert is an idiot, flat dialog my ass! no memorable line? theres a bunch of great lines. digital to film looked great but damn i want to see it digital now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.