main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Its March, have you gotten your tickets in the mail yet?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by RogueRebel, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    All good here - badge, FC lanyard, and F&F passes. Didn't order the topper, so all is well.

2. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    Nothing today for me

3. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Me neither. I ordered mine months ago.

4. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    I can't believe they still haven't answered emails. Even though I got my four-day badges and F&F passes, but no lanyards, that means I can still get into C3, right? Will any lanyard do (excluding the fan club one) or does it HAVE to come from GenCon?

5. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    The only thing the laynard does is get you into stuff an hour early, but since you have the friends and family passes, why not just use those?

6. movieboy

Mar 9, 2005
    The laynard also gets you into a lot of fan club only things inside the con. The passes are only good once. So if you use them to get in early then you will not be able to do anything else once inside.

7. BobaThrowsaFett

BobaThrowsaFett Jedi Master

May 4, 2004
    Haven't received mine yet :(

8. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I recieved my STAR WARS CELEBRATION III Package, today. I put on my Lanyard and Four Day Badge and looked in the mirror and I am extremely happy to be attending STAR WARS CELEBRATION III! Right now, my life-size Darth Maul from the STAR WARS EPISODE I: THE PHANTOM MENACE/FRITO LAY/PEPSI Promotion is wearing my Lanyard and Four Day Badge. :D

9. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Thanks Siths_Revenge and movieboy. :)

I only plan to use the F&F passes to get in an hour early (that is if my fan club lanyard doesn't show before then); the other stuff isn't that big a deal.

So I guess I can just use a lanyard from home and that would still be okay?

10. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I got every thing that should have. Thank God this is one less thing for me to worry about now during the move to my new house. I would have went nuts knowing that it could have showin up at our old house.

11. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Honestly, I am not at all pleased with Gencon. Their site is a mess, their registration confusing and not at all comforting, it'll be a miracle if I get everything right and I had to order a LOT. I ordered two 4 day passes and two Friday passes (just ordered those tonight) plus one ticket for the Saturday party.

Now I am going to stress all the way until the convention about whether everything will work out, since my mom and aunt hafta pick theirs up at will call. And if they can't get in, it will be my fault and GenCon's, and they are very excited about this event, my aunt is taking off work and driving over there just for this, and so if something goes wrong I don't know what I'll do!

*panics*

12. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    GenCon needs to let those of us who got incomplete packages know ASAP what they are going to do. I REALLY dont want to have to stress over my fan club lanyard all the time till I'm packing to go to CIII. At this point all I want is the lanyard, I don't really care about the rest.

13. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    Recieved everything yesterday. Only I didn't expect to get everyone's (in my group) stuff. But it all is there and ready to go. I can't believe its been three years already.

14. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Received my stuff today. They actually got it right. Got my 4-day pass with fan club lanyard, my Vader topper and 4 family/friends passes. I can't believe they're screwing up so many orders though.

15. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I haven't received mine yet. But today I did find the receipt I printed out when I ordered the pass and topper, it is dated September 27th. It has the transaction ID on it, so I am going to email them right now and see what is up.

16. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    reporting in w/ another screw-up by gencon here. i got my badge and my topper. however, i am a fanclub member, so i was supposed to get the lanyard and f&f passes--instead i got the cheapo string (which i guess is supposed to be a lanyard). a note included:

"we were unable to identify you as a current member of hyperspace: the official star wars fan club. this could be for a number of reasons, but we matched the current membership list provided by insider magazine by a number of criteria including email and name, address and name, and city and name. moving, changing your name, changing email addresses, your membership expiring, or signing up after march 4th 2005 are reasons that could have caused this. if you feel this is in error, please go to the fan club booth onsite and they will look up the status of your fan club membership. if it is active then they simply will supply you w/ your fan club lanyard and other benefits. the fan club booth at celebration III is the only place that you will be able to look up your information this close to the show. please remember that there is only 1 set of benefits per membership even if multiple names are listed, and that your membership must be current and active. thank you!"

also, my receipt had listed next to the items purchased (badge and topper) "fan club member? yes" and then the yes was crossed out and "no" was written next to it. so i emailed them (lindsay@gencon.com)..no response yet.

so now, i'm guessing that sometime between when i ordered the badge and when i got it my membership expired (although i renewed this past week) and they decided not to send me my stuff. i thought that this had been brought up when registration started...that if you were a member at that time then you were eligble for fanclub benefits?

what's the last issue of the insider that you all got? mine is marked "march/april 2005" so if it did expire, it couldn't have expired THAT long ago.

here's what i predict, and i do hope i'll be proven wrong, gencon is going to claim that it's too late in the game to correct shipments and we'll have to get whatever was missing at the event (per the little ransom note included in my package). then this, of course, means that i, and anyone else missing a fanclub lanyard and/or f&f passes, will have to wait in the non-fan club line and then once we get in wait in another line at the fanclub booth to get this all straightened out. [face_plain]

17. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I think Gencon got too Techie for their own good. Instead of being able to go into the website, click how many pass's you wanted, they tried and think they messed up by making people register everyname. No wonder this is getting screwed up. Make it simple you stupid little company, make it simple. These are not pass's to go meet the President.

18. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    It would have been Sooooooo easy to cross check properly.

2 ways very easy.

1) Hyperspace user name
    or
    2) ID # from the label of Insider.

If they are crossing off names by hand... that means they are doing the cross checking manually!!!! Probably what, 10,000 or so tickets bought online ALL having to be checked by hand!!! Are you kidding me? How bush league! They could have paid some college intern programmer to write a little script that would have done it very quickly. I'll bet the workers at GenCon were Pissed!

I can imagine someone slapping down a 200 page report on some poor schlub's desk as his boss says, "Guess what you are doing for the next 2 weeks?"

Doc

19. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
  20. Cor-AlGelkar

Cor-AlGelkar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    On my invoice where it said Fan Club Member, it had a question mark.

21. movieboy

Mar 9, 2005
    Here is what I think Gen Con should have done.

When you checked off that you are a Hyperspace member; they should have had a box right below asking for your user name. They should have then asked you to click continue. During this time their servers should have been cross checking your user name against the LFL database of registered active users. A screen should have then come up saying that "YES" you are an active member, or "NO" you are not an active member. If it came back "YES" then you could continue with payment. If it came back "NO" it should tell you that you have to go a update your acount status to reveive the fan club benifits. I see no reason why they could not have worked it like this. It is no different then when an online store runs your credit card for payment.

22. jeditrainee

jeditrainee Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 1999
    I got everything but the Vader topper. :mad:

23. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I havnt recieved any mail in 2 days (Which is strange) So i'll probabaly get mine monday. I hope.

24. darthhomeboy-G

darthhomeboy-G Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2005
    i have to wait until i get there ( c3 ). for "will call "....oh well.

25. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Mine still haven't come - maybe on Monday - our mail always seems slow here anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.