main
side
curve

SWC19 It's official Star Wars Celebration - April 11-15 2019 Chicago

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , May 16, 2018.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Could you ask for better line management?

2. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    I'll use my Force powers.... hehe. I think I did ask for something related to the lines when REED asked for our thoughts on the wristband policy at Orlando 2017. I can't remember... but I've printed my survey before submitting it. Only thing is I moved and misplaced it for now. I'm sure several fans had lots to say about lines and wristbands. I hope REED does something better for Chicago. I was not in good shape to wait overnight in Orlando and I was disappointed.

3. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    teamhansolo likes this.
  4. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    We might have to do some digging here, but how far in advance have the hosts been announced for the last two Celebrations?

I ask because it occurred to me that with this announcement having come recently, it obviously shows that there's at least some activity going on with ReedPop figuring things out. In my opinion, announcing the hosts 7 months in advance seems pretty early. So hopefully this is an indication that they are really trying to do Celebration Chicago right. But if this is a pretty standard announcement, then maybe not. And I think we can only really draw from 2015 and 2017 for comparison, the modern era of Star Wars Celebration.

5. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    @MotivateR5D4, they announced Davis, Collins and Ratcliffe together in December for Orlando.

Then guest announcements started in February.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  6. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Ok, so we're a bit ahead of the trend so far. That's good.

I guess it also fits with the comments that we may see some guest announcements before the end of the year.

teamhansolo likes this.