main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It's Official! Star Wars: The Clone Wars In Theaters and on Television in 2008!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by e1jnky, Feb 12, 2008.

1. e1jnky

e1jnky Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2004
    A new era of Star Wars entertainment begins in 2008 when Star Wars: The Clone Wars, from creator George Lucas, premieres as an all-new feature film in August, followed by the television series debut in the fall, in a partnership announced today between Lucasfilm Ltd., Warner Bros. Pictures and Turner Broadcasting System Inc.
    Produced by Lucasfilm Animation, Star Wars: The Clone Wars takes audiences on incredible new Star Wars adventures, combining the legendary storytelling of Lucasfilm with an eye-popping, signature animation style. Star Wars: The Clone Wars will open in North American theaters Friday, August 15. International release dates will be announced soon.

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news/announcement.html

2. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Well it's about time!

Very exciting and we should all go to that debut.

Thanks for the info E1 and you know we will be asking you to hunt down all those killer new figures. :D

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Now if only someone were making a top notch quality EP2 bucket so I could make my clone like the ARC in that show... :_|

4. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    ARC would be so cool. cool that that they are doing a theatre release for this.

5. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Suh-weet!

Finally, some action figures I'll want to buy! (Maybe)

The last Star Wars action figure I bought was the Clone pack for my Clone Wars elite Republic Gunship, or whatever it's called -- the one with tootheses.

6. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    I am looking forward to this.

It will be nice to see Star Wars in the theatre again.

7. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Check out this video, to see even more cool clone types and info: http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000623.html

8. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005

It looks very, very cool. I'm very excited to get some new SW content besides the novels. The style of the animation will have to grow on me as I'm not a big fan of the blocky 3-D style. I favor the previous Clone Wars animation style.

The above video (thanks Obey-Wann) shows all the main characters we know from the prequels (even Mace Windu, who Samuel L Jackson might voice). I like the look of R2 and Obi-Wan, but was disappointed in the little bit we get to see of Dooku and of Yoda. I was expecting it to be more visually fluid.

Then again, this is minor compared to the music, action sequences, and grand scale that it looks like we'll get. Overall, I'm liking it...and that was just narrated bits of footage!

9. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    I hope they really focus on the troop side of this more instead of making the army secondary to the story. but looks like they may be. we need more ARC. and some RC would be cool.

one thing i am not happy with is that they showed padme with a blaster fighting. she is a senator. senators do not lead units into battle. they need to drop the whole warrior thing with her. she helped retake the palace and can point a blaster to pick off tinnies, that does not make her a battle ready colonel. she could not even take he husband turning evil.

10. e1jnky

e1jnky Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2004
    Keep your ears open for Hasbro to announce the new line of Clone Wars merchandise that will be launched prior to the release of the film. There has been word of a Clone Trooper voice changer helmet, similar to the Darth Vader voice changer helmet that was released a few years ago. There was also a little teaser on CNN a while back where they accidentally let the helmet slip by the camera along with the 3 3/4" scale AT-TE. Both will probably be officially announced later this week @ the New York Toy Fair. From what I have seen so far, I think this will be a very inexpensive option for a descent Clone helmet. I will be hunting them down for sure!

11. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    As much as I'd like to see new Hasbro merchandise hit the shelves, it rarely, if ever, is of 501st, wearable, troopable quality. The Rubies and Kellogg's helmets were terrible and require more effort than they are worth, and with the changes with the MR license, I am not holding much faith in a MR quality EP 2/ ARC/ Captain Rex style helmet from the new company. That leaves it to the individual "makers", and unfortunately, quality fan produced EP 2 buckets are the rarest of the rare at this time. The one guy who was making the best quality ones quit due to recasting, and no one has yet stepped up with a quality original product since then.

I've initiated some discussion about it at Clonertroopers.net; hopefully someone will get a good kit made between now and then. There is more than enough demand out there, and this movie and TV show will make it even more so.

12. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    *pokepoke*

You could start sculpting up a helmet yourself. Everyone I know has a couple years worth of backlogged projects. Who cares if you're done tomorrow, next week, or 3 months from now -- you'll at least have the satisfaction of knowing that you made something, rather than having just given someone your money?

And with any luck, it'll look as cool as you want it too, and a few people might even throw some money at you later on for copies.

13. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005

OMG! :eek: That was very exciting!

Love it! Love it! Love it! Love it! Love it!

14. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000

I have considered it. But I am lacking a few things that the great "makers" out there possess: Patience, attention to detail, skill, spare money and time. LOL --I have a difficult enough time keeping up on school, learning photography, family and life as it is to consider something of that magnitude.

After watching Darth Stone make his McQuarrie Vader helmet and armor, I am fairly convinced that I lack all of the critical skills (and funds) to make this happen. But it is something that I'll mull over, and talk to Kent about nonetheless. Who knows....

15. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    All I have to say is WOW.

But how does Anikan get an Aprentice. Don't you have to be a master first? He doesn't become a master until Episode 3.

16. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Was Obi-Wan a master when he first started training Anakin?

I don't think he was. He was promoted to Knight but not Master yet.

17. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    I think you are right.

So you only need to be a Knight to have an Apentice?

18. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    It also looks like Anakin and Obi Wan were not expecting her. More like Yoda sent her there, without their knowledge and "surprise!!!, you've got a new kid to watch over!!!"

They have a bit of a WTF moment --who the frak are you, and what are you doing here. [face_laugh]

19. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    This is very cool! My only hope is that the TV series won't be a rehash of the film or vice versa. Some of us got to see a glimpse of this at C4 and the trailer they showed was so frakin' cool. Can't wait for August 15th!

20. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    this does look like it will rock muchly.

21. Kal-El_Kenobi

Kal-El_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 28, 2005
    sweet now i can be anakin for this and joker for the dark knight midnight premires

22. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    Hayden says he would like to voice Anikan for the animated series.

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Would_Hayden_Lend_His_Voice_To_Clone_Wars_112252.asp

23. LadyoftheMandalore

LadyoftheMandalore Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    I kind of have to say that the premise seems kinda cool, but I'm not such a big fan of what they're doing with the stylized animation.

Besides the fact that it seems that every time they grace the universe with another film/cartoon, it seems to shatter continuity somehow in the SW universe.

We shall have to see how this bugger develops. I might be a twitch cynical, but I'm still excited to see how it turns out.

24. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Most of the CG looks pretty sweet, but I have to confess that it feels a lot like watching a video game. I imagine that like any new style of animation, it will simply have to grow on me.

On a side note, does anyone else feel that GL is perhaps using the Clone Wars as his way to tie up those pesky loose ends and plot issues (thus appeasing the rabid hoard of disenfranchised fanboys) that weren't satisfied already in the Prequels? It almost seems like a cop out on some level.

Either way, I'm still stoked to see them and will give them a fair shake.

25. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    soon,

so did anyone else notice the AT-TE starting to climb up a wall?