main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It's Official! Star Wars: The Clone Wars In Theaters and on Television in 2008!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by e1jnky, Feb 12, 2008.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    ^^he's a guy....of course he is dense. ;) bahahahaha

the preview looked great...got chills.

2. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    ...that's because they called it the "twilight"! !! [face_not_talking]

3. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005

:rolleyes: Oh Bruther, Close Sesame!

4. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    It was such a cool ship that it's a shame that whoever named it couldn't know about the Twird boom that would follow that movie's release. Still, I wish they'd bring it back. Star Wars isn't Star Wars without a steady character ship, something I always thought the prequels were sorely missing.

I think you're right, though, but I still wish they'd change the name and bring it back. When Luke says that he was under the impression that his father was a navigator on a spice freighter, I think of this ship, making what Uncle Owen told him only a half-truth, er...half-lie. IMHO, it would tie TCW and ANH together better.

5. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
    It's official! That was a great three part series!!!! =D=

6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

AGREED!

7. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Just when I think it can't get better... IT DOES!

All the speculation of Asoka possibly turning to the Dark Side was glimpsed in this 3 parter and Dayyyy-um, is She intense or what?!!!:eek:

At least Qui-Gon showed again but I wished there would have been more dialogue between Him and Anakin... and I thought the moment with Shimi was quite touching and reaffirmed the pain he still carries for Her Death.

Imagine what would have happened if The Son and Anakin HAD been able to escape! Whoa, that would be a cool alternative to watch. [face_devil]

There has been a considerable amount of Death shown in the last 2 story arcs. WOW! Darkness is truly upon us as the story gets closer to ROTS. I guess I expected a buffer since it's a cartoon but I'm not disappointed in the least. :D

Next week... Capt. Tarkin??? [face_thinking] Ooooooooooooooooooooooo...

8. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I REALLY have to go and get season 2! Maybe that's what I will watch in the Temple tonight :D

9. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Yes Master, You REALLY need to. :D

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    it has been really good lately...:) [face_dancing]

11. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    Season 4 of the Clone Wars looks like it's gonna be awesome! They just keep outdoing themselves. And it will introduce Captain Ackbar in battle, and it looks like the enemy may have sprung a...snare/snag/trick/quaqmire/prank on those fishy folk.

Trailer and tease for Season 4...premieres September 16th.

12. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    While it looks great, it kinda bugs me when they use material the Tartakovsky series covered. The Maker might not view the shorts as cannon, but I do. I thought they were great.

13. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I LIKE I LIKE!

14. The_Kwisatz_Haderach

The_Kwisatz_Haderach Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2010
    I love this show. Season 4 looks awesome. I finally caught up on the second half of season 3, which was also frakking sweet.

15. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005

The first two episodes of season 4 air this Friday...two days! Very excited!

16. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I was sadly dissapointed by the first two episodes.

Visually, they were very well done. But the plot, tactics, military use, etc. all sucked. They desparately need to get some military advisors for the show.

17. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    WOW! Really Bill? [face_thinking] I thought it was outstanding!... but You know Me Bill, damn hippy ain't up on the military tactics. ;)

Visually though... [face_hypnotized]

The Shark Ambassador was wicked!

What I find strange and I realize they are separate but in The Clone Wars cartoon, Kit manifested huge spheres of Force Bubbles and then threw them with precision that took out several enemies and I wonder why that wasn't done is this series. Maybe Dave thought that was too much power for his story. Meh.

18. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Yeah, the Clone Wars cartoon by Tartakovsky was truly awesome. I liked Kit Fisto's powers and role in that one and this one was an homage to that, I suppose. I think this one is more "grounded" than that one since the overall tone of that one was more extreme/fantastical.
    I did like Fisto's smile when he destroyed one of the jellyfish-like machines. Nice touch.

19. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
    I too liked it! Kit Fisto is such a B.A.!!! Why the hell did he have to go out like such a punk in ROTS!?!? [face_not_talking]

20. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    No Doubt Lego! Where the Hell was a Force Bubble that would have knocked Ole Palpy right out his office window?!!!

I did love the sweet demise on Cmdr Tamson as his head floated by on it's way to a watery grave. [face_devil]

This is going to be a sweet season. :D

21. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    This week's episode must be the first "dip" in the ride this season. Though I love those two droids very much, (as they sit in their CW action figure likenesses on my computer desk) this was a so-so episode. Meh

22. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    It was a different paced episode than previous ones, huh? I bit slower and seemed to be aimed a bit more at kids instead of for adults. No shooting/action/lightsaber battles. I had to get into the frame of mind of when I was 8 and enjoyed droids-related adventures, such as the record I had that was an adaptation of a droid planet storyline from the Marvel comics. Overall, it was okay and a change of pace, but I'd rather see more Obi-Wan-centered change of pace Clone Wars episodes. There's so much backstory/character development that could be done with his character.

How about this for upcoming Clone Wars episodes?
    SPOILER ALERT!!
    (Although if you watched the season 3 finale, you already knew he was coming back)

Darth Maul Lives! And he's coming to 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' this spring -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO

?I found it funny in The Phantom Menace when Darth Maul got cut in half,? Clone Wars supervising director Dave Filoni says. ?I thought George was definitively saying to the fans, ?There?s no way this character is coming back. This is not a Boba Fett/Sarlacc Pit situation where, because of fan love, Boba gets out of that thing any number of ways.? Fast-forward ten-years, and I?m the one to bring Maul back.?

23. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I couldn't stand the first 3 episodes. The 4th, I loved every aspect with the clones. That was awesome. Good humor, and they showed Wolffe with his cybernetic eye. Awesome.

The aliens were cute, in an Ewok sort of way. The Ent-like things underground were... rather entish. Meh. I did not like the fairy chick thing.

3PO and R2 were OK, but really? There are no other protocol droids in the universe? No other translators? Would a Senator really send her property off --and Anakin's? --on a mission like this/ It made no sense other than to toss those two into yet another droid centered plot.

Bring on the clones. Bring on the wars. As in the CLONE WARS.

And Darth Maul returns? FAIL.

24. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
    I not going to lie, so far this season has left me wanting more.....similar to that one night at DWRD's mom's place. Actually, she left me with a serious need for anti-crab shampoo, but that's beside the point. [face_sick]

... now Darth Maul is being pieced back together!? Especially when there is only supposed to be two sith at a time!? Bah....seems like the writers' muses got laid off. [face_shame_on_you]

25. The_Kwisatz_Haderach

The_Kwisatz_Haderach Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2010
    I'll admit that my initial knee jerk reaction to hearing of Darth Maul's resurrection was, "WHAT?! They can't do that!" But the more I think about it, I see no reason why it cannot work. It's not as though the character has been thoroughly explored or his potential tapped. Granted Obi-wan has cut it somewhat in half... but still, done in a thoughtful way, I'm sure it can work. There doesn't seem to be any contradictions or conflicts with any established in universe logic. We know that at least one Sith could cheat death. And we've seen several characters made whole again via droid parts.

As for the Rule of Two, I honestly don't understand why so many fans take that one line of dialog from Yoda as some unbreakable absolute truth. Clearly, that isn't a solid rule, but rather general truth. Besides, there are multiple examples one could point to of the Jedi being mistaken. I see no reason to accept everything said by the Jedi Order as gospel. Off the top of my head, the Jedi were wrong about:
    * that the Sith were extinct
    * that they would be aware of the Sith if they returned
    * the nature of the "Chosen One"
    * the creation of the clone army
    * the Senate being controlled by a Sith
    * that the Jedi Archives could be incomplete/tampered with
    * Yoda didn't see Vader telling Luke of their relationship
    * Ben Kenobi thought Luke was the last hope

Point is, the Jedi are clearly not always correct. If they were then Palpatine would've failed. Don't take the so called Rule of Two to be unbreakable. It's clearly not.

What gives me hope is Dave Filoni. He is an uber fan, like us. I trust that if there is a cool way to bring back Maul, that he and his team are the ones to tackle it. Actually, I look forward to seeing how it's done.