main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It's official, we're official!

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I just noticed, we are now listed as "The Jedi Knights of Cleveland" on the Mid-West region page. Coolsville.

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    According to Dr. Evil, there's nothing worse than an aging hipster Don... Coolsville? Just kidding. Us being official = ownus maximus...

3. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Um wasn't it supposed to NOT be that name? Columbus took that name first and then we were supposed to be called "The Force of the North Coast" which I liked anyway. I don't want us to sound like a ripoff, I want some originality here!

4. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Reborn, this is a democracy, NOT a dictatorship... The people have decided! There shall be no Separatists! We are The Jedi Knights Of Cleveland, no ifs ands or buts about it!

5. Straight_Edge

Straight_Edge Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2002
    hey Reborn, some people are already the self appointed decision makers of the chapter

6. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Straight Edge, if that was directed to me, I suggest you retract your statement. Krash set up a poll so that we would be official for Celebration II/the release of AOTC. The whole purpose of the poll was that so the majority would win. Every vote counted equally. If you guys are upset, then oh well. You had your chance to vote. If other people disagreed with you, then don't take it out on me. I am only one vote. There are plenty of other people who agreed with me. And for that matter, neither Reborn nor Straight Edge has attended a meeting anyway. I don't mean to cause divisions within this group, because so much good can come from it, but please people, think before you post. And if you misconstrued anything I posted, I'm sorry.

7. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    What are they teaching you in college Random? Coolsville is the town the Scooby gang lives in.

8. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I wasn't a fan of Scooby Doo. I didn't like it because if you've seen one episode, you've seen them all. But I'm considering seeing the live-action movie cuz Matthew Lillard is going to be ridiculous, and then there's...

Sarah

Michelle

Gellar

Yum...

As for Coolsville, I'll stick the the good ol' Tatooine favorite "Wizard!"

9. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Bah. I'll always be the Dark Side of Cleveland...

10. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    We voted so that is what it will be. We all agreed to that. So stop complaining.

11. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I thought we discussed the similarity of our name (the one we all voted on) and the name Columbus took. Nobody spoke up about their concerns over sharing the name; in fact, there was nothing but positive comments made about it.

By the way, thanks for the backup Random! And Straight_Edge, if that comment was directed at me I have one thing to say. Yes, I do take a fair amount of pride in the chapter, if that mean to you that I'm "self-appointed" then fine! There were many people who go out of their way to get this Fanforce started, thank you everybody! And as with the name, we put major decisions up to a public vote...but yes, I've taken some responsibility for starting this Fanforce (so have others).

12. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, Krash has sort of lead our meetings in-person. Don has scouted out theaters for us and has helped publicize the group. I have monitored the forum, and posted a ton of new threads to keep the forum interesting, dealing with a lot of the online aspect of the group. So some people have taken various leadership roles, but remember, THIS IS A FANFORCE FOR THE FANS! We all work together to make this group possible, and it's starting out nicely. I hope that we can have just as good of a group in the next few years as we do starting out now. EVERYONE COUNTS EQUALLY IN THE JEDI KNIGHTS OF CLEVELAND!

13. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    BAH!

ok, that was my two cents, which in fact has decreased in value over the years, so...

14. Straight_Edge

Mar 6, 2002
    My entire point was that we didnt agree on an online poll. This is what I got from random:

oldskoolESP: hi
    ClevoCrew: Hi
    oldskoolESP: you are straight edge?
    ClevoCrew: yes
    oldskoolESP: this is Random
    ClevoCrew: huh?
    oldskoolESP: i don't know what you meant about that comment, but the Fanforce is not run by people; it's a democracy
    ClevoCrew: okay
    oldskoolESP: we decided as a group to have the name the Jedi Knights Of Cleveland
    ClevoCrew: who decided what were the choices?
    ClevoCrew: online poll=bad idea
    oldskoolESP: people posted their suggestions
    oldskoolESP: we took those
    oldskoolESP: and made a poll of it
    oldskoolESP: people voted
    ClevoCrew: who said you could
    oldskoolESP: and Jedi Knights Of Cleveland won
    ClevoCrew: you made up all the rules about the voting procedure
    oldskoolESP: it's standard procedure in any democracy for the majority to win
    ClevoCrew: youre not getting my point
    oldskoolESP: we wanted to be official before the celebration
    oldskoolESP: and the movie
    ClevoCrew: who is we?
    oldskoolESP: so we set a limit on the name
    ClevoCrew: did we vote on that too? or did you decide that
    ClevoCrew: exactly this "we" has decided things from the beginning
    oldskoolESP: THE CLEVELAND FANFORCE AS A WHOLE
    ClevoCrew: I dont remember this
    oldskoolESP: did you vote before the poll was closed?
    ClevoCrew: yes
    oldskoolESP: then your vote counted just as equally then everyone else's
    oldskoolESP: so don't complain
    ClevoCrew: who said you could have an online poll?
    ClevoCrew: we didnt agree to that
    ClevoCrew: there was no nomination process
    oldskoolESP: whatever dude
    oldskoolESP: narc

I like when he starts insulting me.
    What makes your poll the official one?
    FURTHERMORE, in regards to your comments about not showing up to the meetings, YOU ARE THE SAME PEOPLE WHO DECIDE WHERE THE MEETING ARE! NONE OF WHICH ARE EVER IN CLEVELAND.

15. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Just like the media doesn't print everything, neither does Straight_Edge. This is the remainder of our conversation:

oldskoolESP: did you ever try to take some action?
    oldskoolESP: no, you sat back and watched it happen
    oldskoolESP: and never said anything
    oldskoolESP: do you have any better ideas?
    ClevoCrew: 1) dont ever IM me again
    oldskoolESP: if i remember correctly, you are in your mid-20s
    oldskoolESP: you are acting like a juvenile
    ClevoCrew: Im trying to ignore you bub, but you keep pushing
    ClevoCrew: so ive asked you once now
    oldskoolESP: fine, good day

At the same token Straight_Edge, I like when people act immature, and leave out all of the details. Nobody said anything about how things were being conducted until now, when we've already become established and are now considered official.

Way to act 23 Straight_Edge... JUST KIDDING!

16. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    DUDE!! BOTH OF YOU!! TIME OUT!!! GO SIT IN THE CORNER!

17. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    None of our meetings are ever in Cleveland? What are you talking about Stright Edge? All of our meetings have been. Well, except the one for those who went to C2.

18. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    If I have to travel 45 minutes to an hour to get to our meetings, and it takes me that long to get to Cleveland, the meetings are in Cleveland.

19. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Cleveland refers to the Greater Cleveland area; it encompasses the suburbs and surrounding cities. So therefore the meetings are in Cleveland.

And as for Spider-Man, I think he went on hiatus earlier than May 16, because there must be a bug up Straight_Edge's rear!

20. Straight_Edge

Mar 6, 2002
    I posted our conversation when it was over. Then you started IMing me again. At that point I didn't care to update it again.

21. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    BOTH OF YOU GIVE IT UP! STOP! SIT DOWN AND EAT A MARSHMELLOW! Seriously.

22. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Tell 'em Steve-Dave.

23. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Hey Straight Edge...What would make you happy? What would you like to see happen? What would you like the name to be? Where would you like to meet? Give the rest of us some ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.