main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Its Spoopy Season] Welcome to the Halloween Countdown

Discussion in 'Community' started by AutumnLight91, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Skip it and read the comic it’s based on (Also called From Hell). It’s really well researched and has a lot of fascinating footnotes (as well as a detailed breakdown of Jack the Ripper suspects over the years) that Alan Moore wrote himself in the back, despite the culprit narrative being by its own admission a total fiction - something the movie also is, but the movie lacks self-awareness. Amongst other issues.

Those weren’t the only things undercut in those early stories.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
  2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Anyone else watch Hocus Pocus 2?

3. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Ghost We did the previous Saturday Night as it was my daughter's family movie night choice plus my wife loved the original even though she was a sophomore in high school when it came out and must admit I like it as well even though I also was in high school (Freshman) LOL!! Yeah we weren't overly impressed. It was entertaining for one viewing but really not even my daughter thought much of it and honestly we all like the new Monster High movie better as even the boys who are sixth grade found that to be better. So definitely don't think Hocus Pocus 2 will be part of our traditional Holloween movies.

We are in our traditional Halloween countdown as we went to the Pumpkin Farm this morning and got a few along with apple cider and apple cider donuts as it's kinda of our unofficial kickoff to Fall/countdown to Halloween. Were going to be a Harry Potter family this year as the boys will be Harry and Ron respectfully, Little Miss will be Hermaine while my wife will be Professor McGonagall and I will be Professor Dumbledore. Costumes are already bought and *knock on wood* fit therefore as I told my daughter we are lock in since we are going as a family so no pulling what she did two years ago where she decided to be Princess Poppy at the last possible moment to the point I had to go out and buy hair dye so it could be the right color...sort of!

DarkGingerJedi likes this.
  4. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Drove up to NH yesterday to pick some pumpkins, drink cider and eat hot apple crisp.

The crowds were just insane. I literally had to swat people away who kept taking pumpkins out of our barrel thinking it was free game to take. Just totally rude and oblivious people out there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SHAD0W-JEDI, Juliet316 and Luke02 like this.
  5. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @DarkGingerJedi Looks like a fabulous time. We got really lucky as I was able to get the troupe out of the house for the hour drive to the Pumpkin Farm we go to a little shortly after 9 AM therefore a bit after it opened and caught the second hayride out to the pumpkin patch which is free as you only need to pay for your pumpkins and then afterwards, got some hot apple cider along cider donuts. We are out of there in about an hour as they do have "attractions" but even my six year old wasn't really interested in it especially since it's twenty bucks a PERSON to go into that area. Like I can justify charging the kids since it is like all day unlimited access but my wife and I are just going to stand there outside of perhaps hang out with my daughter on the merry go round yet going to charge us twenty bucks each? No thanks as we just left and went to Portillos for lunch but could tell it was starting to get crowded as the outer parking area was starting to have cars there while there was three cars waiting for our spot which was very close to the entrance. :D

DarkGingerJedi likes this.
  6. XandertheWise

XandertheWise Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 7, 2022
    currently watching the last half of season 5 of Fear the Walking Dead. much better than whatever went on in Season 4 where Madison and gang were stuck at some stadium trying to tolerate some creep.

Mo Collins as a truck driver gal. Cute. havent seen her since the good old days of Mad Tv

7. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    One of my favorite White Zombie songs

Which is scarier? That or the original?

SHAD0W-JEDI likes this.
  8. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    New ghosts!

9. Darth_Foo

Feb 24, 2003
    Happy Halloween everyone!

Juliet316 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    This reminded me that I guess now that I have Apple TV+ for a few more months (free subscription through my PS5) I can watch the Peanuts holiday shows.

11. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Oh yeah, it's time again.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    My front garden has been a monster-infested cemetery with strobe lights and smoke machines since 1 September.

13. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Well considering your avatar, that sounds like just a normal lawn in Philly

:p

Rew likes this.
  14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Remember the golden rule of Halloween: Boo unto others as you would have them boo unto you.

16. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    What did the werewolf eat after he’d had his teeth cleaned?

The dentist!

17. Darth_Foo

Feb 24, 2003

20-some minutes of old Looney Tunes

18. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Since it relates, when I went home for vacation last week I went a visited a local farm. I saw a sign on the highway for a corn maze and thought why not, I've not done one before. So went to this place, did the corn maze, stuck around till the nighttime for the "haunted one", so first haunted house experience.

The farm was nice, I liked it. Maybe next year I can go to its sunflower fest.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
  19. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    My 4 year old wants to go as a fireman. Went as one last year. We tried to explain that you can pick different costumes every year but he threw a tantrum.

Our 2 year old is either dressing up as TMNT Michaelangelo or a Dalmatian to match his older brother.

Rew and SHAD0W-JEDI like this.
  20. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    I was a puppy dog once, but not a dalmatian. Never a fireman or turtle. Batman once I think

21. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    The ones I remember being were… a ghostbuster. Dracula. Satan. Joker 89,

22. Darth_Foo

Feb 24, 2003
    When the first Wayne's World movie came out I got an official hat and went as Wayne. However I didn't want to wear a wig so refused to get my hair cut until after Halloween. My mom wasn't thrilled but let me do it. I was 10 at the time.

Sarge likes this.
  23. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    I remember going as Robin Hood once. Got scared by this lady dressed as an alien sitting holding a candy bowl like a statue till you reached into it and she'd move

24. SHAD0W-JEDI

SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost star 4

May 20, 2002
    I am old enough to remember wearing those "Ben Cooper"/Ben Cooper-esque costumes, and as a monster fan I of course loved Halloween and can recall quite a few of the costumes I had, and my brother had - even if most, surprisingly, weren't really monster related. I definitely had a Wolfman, Batman, Green Hornet, and a Space Ghost, and my brother had Casper and a generic (made up?) character whose name I can't recall who was some kind of..er...bug-man, among others. Once we got a bit older - and I trick or treated to the bitter end - and started going the "make up" route, worked up a pretty good werewolf/wolfman get up.

Way back then, not nearly as much yard decoration as you see now. On the other hand, I lived in a neighborhood of closely-located houses and TONS of kids and Halloween night was like a kid's Super Bowl, with most lights being on and the candy hauls reaching insane proportions. I only recall one house doing the "haunted house" thing -- but I DO still remember it for sure. Good times! ...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    I miss the felt window decorations. Remember those? Where.are single color (like orange) was in fuzzy-felty material. They don't make those anymore.

SHAD0W-JEDI likes this.